Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) (23508 Views)

Finally! My Phantom 6 Plus Upgraded To Android 7.1.1 Nougat And HIOS 2.2 / Gionee S6S Finally Got Andriod 7.0 Nougat Update / 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by pendusky(m): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2016
Official Android 7.0 Nougat features

As expected , Google released Android 7.0 Nougat yesterday, August 22. The company has just put up the official Nougat page, which contains a rundown of the main user facing features. From what we can see so far, it looks like the stable release going out today is very similar to Developer Preview 5 (covered further below).

Here’s a brief rundown of the main official Nougat features, as per Google – stay tuned for our in-depth look coming soon.

Performance

New JIT compiler for faster updates, VR mode, and Vulkan API support.

Battery & data

Doze on the go for better battery management and new data saver for restricting data usage for background apps.

Productivity

Split-screen mode, picture-in-picture, and double tap to quickly switch.

Notifications

Bundled notifications, direct reply, and notification controls.

System usability improvements

Customizable quick settings, redesigned quick settings bar, redesigned Settings, emergency information, and lockscreen wallpaper.

Emoji

Unicode 9 emoji

Privacy and security

New direct boot, seamless software updates (for new devices), file-based encryption, and scoped folder access.

Device setup and migration

More settings are no covered by Android Backup.

Internalization

Multiple locales support, new languages, and new language preferences.

Accessibility
Accessibility settings are now part of the setup, customizable display size, accessibility mono output, and variable text to speech speed.

Android for Work
New work mode lets you turn off notifications from work apps.

Google will be pushing the OTA to Nexus devices over the air, so keep an eye out for an update notification in your status bar. If you want to check manually, just go to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for updates.

source

www.androidauthority.com/android-7-0-features-673002/

2 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by okhiai1(m): 6:45am On Aug 24, 2016
I dedicate this ftc to my pale hope say him go open this thread sha and
Mama i love you
die too first time on ftc na so i they be haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i wan mad and
last bullet:- fvk buhari

3 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 24, 2016
OP have any idea of phones getting the OTA update to andriod 7.0 apart from nexus device?

btw got 5k mtn airtime for sale.

View my profile

1 Like

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by AntiWailer: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2016
Nice
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2016
I think this nougat will be much better than the useless marshmallow that causes phone to hang and drains battery. The main thing I love about this is the split screen mode cheesy but I know tecno for tecno and infinix users like us, this upgrade is not for us, at least not yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by olaolayink(m): 7:06am On Aug 24, 2016
ok
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by ovisprince(m): 7:08am On Aug 24, 2016
It seems Android names there versions alphabetical.. how sweet..

14 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by sosgrafix(m): 7:08am On Aug 24, 2016
Cool one

1 Like

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Princelegacylemoha(m): 7:08am On Aug 24, 2016
This life is so very funny , when you think you on the current groove , you wouldn't know you getting outdated soon , "android 6.0" never reign finish now "android 7.0" warisappening! !!

16 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Lexusgs430: 7:08am On Aug 24, 2016
Team Kitkat..............

7 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Lanretoye(m): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2016
okay
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 24, 2016
lofty900:
I think this nougat will be much better than the useless marshmallow that causes phone to hang and drains battery. The main thing I love about this is the split screen mode cheesy but I know tecno for tecno and infinix users like us, this upgrade is not for us, at least not yet

Marshmallow is even good, lollipop is more useless.
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by spiffyzaki: 7:09am On Aug 24, 2016
Okay o
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2016
We should continue mumuing and throwing cash as if we will do more than downloading, calling, browsing or playing game on it

28 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Dabigbroda(m): 7:10am On Aug 24, 2016
I trust Nigerians, they will start hunting for the new devices that will come with d new software. While some of us are still rocking the kitkat version not to talk of lollipop or the marshmallow, now we are having Nougat undecided undecided

One thing with these companies is that, they want to remain in business by throwing out new versions every now and then.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Zonacus(m): 7:10am On Aug 24, 2016
7.0 shocked when peeps still dey struggle for jellybean & ice cream sandwich grin

11 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Olulinks(m): 7:11am On Aug 24, 2016
Nice one!
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by symbianDON(m): 7:12am On Aug 24, 2016
until they bring out android kulikuli.....nothing kwansign me

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by lonelydora: 7:12am On Aug 24, 2016
Guys are on Android 7.0 and I'm still here with 4.0 grin

The man that names these Android like sweet/sugary things, I swear.

4 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Lawalemi(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2016
When will my Huawei get update?

1 Like

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by lonngmann(m): 7:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Another android jedi jedi is out

I have not even finished licking the lollipop

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Mctosin(m): 7:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Lolipop rocks..

1 Like

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by MissingBudget: 7:15am On Aug 24, 2016
These people should leave us alone. angry

2 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Youngzedd(m): 7:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Am I the only who thinks the features doesn't worth the hype

MIUI rocks.

1 Like

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by tinahrex(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2016
ovisprince:
It seems Android names there versions alphabetical.. how sweet..

And names of sweet too..Jellybean..KitttyKat...Lollipop..Marshmallow.. Nougat.

1 Like

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 24, 2016
Drew0:

Marshmallow is even good, lollipop is more useless.
I prefer lollipop than marshmallow, so many users complain about the marshmallow

4 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by BE811APP: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2016
ok na...

i still dey enjoy my 6.0 grin
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by davibid: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2016
I've never heard of this and I don't care shocked

I'm ok with my Samsung 5.0

shocked

3 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by RichDad1(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2016
8.0 will be Doughnut. grin

4 Likes

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by eluquenson(m): 7:21am On Aug 24, 2016
Hmm, Android no dey gree oh
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by misterchris(m): 7:21am On Aug 24, 2016
ok
Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) by Rick9(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2016
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Difference Between AMOLED And LCD Smartphone Displays / What's Your Favorite Wallpaper (pictures) / Airtel Users Get In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.