Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,344 members, 7,867,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

“corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” (548 Views)

Nigeria Was Ruled By Looters But Now In The Hands Of Super Looters - ADP / Why Nigeria Was Progressing Under Jonathan - Ben Bruce / Anti-Social Media Bill Re-Introduced By Bala Na’Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by dave1614: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2016
Senator Joseph Waku has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to probe Obasanjo – Waku claims Obasanjo introduced corruption in Nigeria – The APC chieftain says his party will lose 2019 election without Buhari Senator Joseph Waku, a former chairman, Senate Committee on Water Resources, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to probe former president Olusegun Obasanjo or forget about his anti-corruption war. According to Waku, Obasanjo introduced corruption to Nigeria,
and so Nigerians would not take President Buhari’s fight against corruption seriously if Obasanjo was left untouched, The Punch reports. READ ALSO: Fast all in one — UC Browser Obj berates the Senate chief olusegun obasanjo Speaking with newsmen at the Annual General Assembly of the Arewa Consultative Forum on Tuesday, August 23, in Kaduna, Waku said: “Look, I am 70 years
old now and have been in this game for more than 50 years. “Therefore, there is no way I can just look at some totality of what people are saying about corruption and believe it as it has been reported to me. If I have an investigating mechanism, I know that this accusation is real obviously. “I have access to authority. I have access to Mr. President. I told Mr. President that this corruption probe of past regimes, if you don’t probe Obasanjo, then you haven’t done anything yet. Corruption in
Nigeria was introduced by Obasanjo.” "Senator Joseph Waku, a
former chairman, Senate
Committee on Water
Resources, has urged
President Muhammadu Buhari
to probe Obasanjo." Senator Joseph Waku, a former
chairman, Senate Committee on
Water Resources, has urged
President Muhammadu Buhari to
probe Obasanjo. Waku who served as a senator in the fourth republic and is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, noted that without Buhari, the ruling party would lose the 2019 general election. He said the party won the 2015
election because most of the politicians on the platform of the APC rode on Buhari’s honesty to win the 2015 election. The call for Buhari to probe Obasanjo comes just after the former president denied media reports claiming he and a few Nigerians brought President Muhammadu Buhari to power. According to him, no individual or group including himself can lay claim to bringing to power. Obasanjo said Nigerians overwhelmingly voted for Buhari, hence, no one could claim to have brought him to power. http://davesblog.over-blog.com/2016/08/corruption-in-nigeria-was-introduced-by-obasanjo.html
Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by attackgat: 7:58am On Aug 24, 2016
One thing is certain. Obasunjo ran a highly corrupt regime. GEJ's regime was also highly corrupt, the only difference was that because GEJ was not Yoruba, the Yorubas suddenly discovered their tongue for criticism which had mysteriously disappeard during the corrupt regime of OBJ their brother

2 Likes

Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 24, 2016
Oh! all these abokis sef, Shagari, IBB, Abacha, Abubarka all were saint till Obj era abi?

1 Like

Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by manutdadex(m): 8:06am On Aug 24, 2016
Probe fire! He cant.. He doesn't have balls... Literally
Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by aluko1980(m): 8:11am On Aug 24, 2016
the best thing for president buhari is to probe obj or is he afraid of obj
Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by Ciscogod(m): 8:12am On Aug 24, 2016
So abacha and IBB regime. We had saint then abi
Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 24, 2016
Another attempt to rewrite history. The leadership of Nigeria has always being corrupt. In fact, the first coup was claimed to be an attempt to wipe out corruption. Nigeria has always being corrupt.

All those sweet stories of transparency in the 60s, 70s, and 80s are all lies told by old men who never really followed the news and research in their teenage and youth years like some youths do now.

Same lies may be told in fifty years time by same breed of old men(who were dumb youths) on how the men of this our decade were more moral and intelligent.

That's the cycle of lies we get when uninformed people get old. They define the world from their myopic spring of events and the interpretation they swallowed.

To them, everything in the news is true not knowing that EVERY media house in thus world was created to protect the interest of their owners. Aljazeera, BBC, CNN, Fox, DW, France24, CCTV, RT, AIT, TVC, Channels, etc.

First it was IBB and how the Maradona dribbled everybody in an I-Chop-You-Chop system even though a study of history punches so much of that lie. OBJ didn't introduce corruption to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by Ratello: 8:18am On Aug 24, 2016
I don't think the clown has the ballz just like Obj couldn't do anything to IBB during the Okigbo's panel revelation.
Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2016
Ratello:
I don't think the clown has the ballz just like Obj couldn't do anything to IBB during the Okigbo's panel revelation.
He can't. Any attempt at that will be disastrous for him and the country.

1 Like

Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by agwom(m): 10:00am On Aug 24, 2016
chai!
Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2016
Buhari should probe Lord Lugard, Azikiwe, Maurtala, Gowon etc....

I don't know why Senator Waku is so pained about this government just because the likes of Senator George Akume has abandoned him cool

Senator Waku that can't point a finger to any project he delivered to his constituency in Benue Zone B....cool

Abeg make we hear joooor
Re: “corruption In Nigeria Was Introduced By Obasanjo” by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Buhari should probe Lord Lugard, Azikiwe, Maurtala, Gowon etc....

I don't know why Senator Waku is so pained about this government just because the likes of Senator George Akume has abandoned him cool

Senator Waku that can't point a finger to any project he delivered to his constituency in Benue Zone B....cool

Abeg make we hear joooor
Lol. And he's shouting OBJ introduced corruption. How many of these senators should even be there in the first place?

(1) (Reply)

SOS: Tales Of Deplorable Roads, Robberies By Residents Of Irawo/ Bako Estate / Okowa’s Convoy Crushes Man To Death, Injures Journalists / SHOCKING!! see accusation that has been laid on former president GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.