Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian (4558 Views)

I Need A Solid Male Caucasian Ovcharka To Mate My Solid Female / Which Of The Following Dogs Is A Pure Caucasian Ovcharka / Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 8:04am On Aug 24, 2016
Good day folks! I have always been a dog lover, but have never had one before. I'll be buying an ovcharka Caucasian today, need you guys to advise a first time owner on the do's and donts. The cost is 70k, would upload the pics later on today. Thanks

Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by emperorkay: 11:03am On Aug 24, 2016
Equado:
Good day folks! I have always been a dog lover, but have never had one before. I'll be buying an ovcharka Caucasian today, need you guys to advise a first time owner on the do's and donts. The cost is 70k, would upload the pics later on today. Thanks
if you're a first time dog owner and you have little knowledge about dogs, please don't let the beautiful and Bulky nature of the Caucasian deceive you because they are very very very I repeat again very stubborn and they can even get you frustrated. It's better to go for a GSD first then when you've gotten more knowledge about how to handle dogs and their behaviours, then you can go buy a Caucasian

2 Likes

Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by advanceDNA: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hmmm..there's no dog dat will not need time nd trainning...just that some dogs need extra attention...still doesn't mean because u are a first time owner,then u can't raise a CO......
just ensure ur dog doesn't see u as a meal provider only, this causes disobedience as ur dog will never see u as a leader most especially when u decide to have more than one dog....train it,play with it,walk with it...and care for it.
u might require to get a koboko or a if u have a very strong leather belt ..they usually need some spanking once in a while..CO are magnificent beasts..they just need extra care...i work in a place where I resume 7:30am nd close 8pm...time is not really my friend..and I own a CO..

1 Like

Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by xana101: 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
70k for a Co? Bro I doubt if it's a pure Co
NB. U can start with a Co. I started with a Co and it's a gr8 experience.
Let's see d pix so we can advise u further.
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
advanceDNA:
Hmmm..there's no dog dat will not need time nd trainning...just that some dogs need extra attention...still doesn't mean because u are a first time owner,then u can't raise a CO......
just ensure ur dog doesn't see u as a meal provider only, this causes disobedience as ur dog will never see u as a leader most especially when u decide to have more than one dog....train it,play with it,walk with it...and care for it.
u might require to get a koboko or a if u have a very strong leather belt ..they usually need some mspanking once in a while..CO are magnificent beasts..they just need extra care
...i work in a place where I resume 7:30am nd close 8pm...time is not really my friend..and I own a CO..
thank you very much sir, please anything particular I need to know pertaining there health, and I saw an article that warned about beating or threatening a co
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
xana101:
please tell me why u doubt d price, am I being scammed?
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by xana101: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
Bro u've not been scammed. U'll get what u paid for. Start with that one maybe later u'll understand. Don't 4get to send d pix.
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
Just took it home
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by countsparrow: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
Equado:
Just took it home

please upload the pics...
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by fabulouskay(m): 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
Equado:
please tell me why u doubt d price, am I being scammed?

Maybe not cos the breeder might av sold it cos he needed some quick cash... I know a guy who sold his 3 months old purebreed Boerboels for 50k cos he couldn't get buyers; it was a very smart move on his part
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
countsparrow:

please upload the pics...
updated
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 12:34am On Aug 25, 2016
xana101:
I have uploaded the pics
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by xana101: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2016
It's nice from it look. Send more pixs. Send standing and full size.
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
xana101:
It's nice from it look. Send more pixs. Send standing and full size.
recent pics

Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by liquidmetall: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2016
Equado:
thank you very much sir, please anything particular I need to know pertaining there health, and I saw an article that warned about beating or threatening a co

I own three caucasian dogs,they r stubborn o,,
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
liquidmetall:

I own three caucasian dogs,they r stubborn o,,
have you seen the pics I posted? how Caucasian is the dog and was I duped?
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by seyigiggle: 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
bro this CO is ok. you can as well google.

1 Like

Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by liquidmetall: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
Equado:
have you seen the pics I posted? how Caucasian is the dog and was I duped?

No i did not
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Donjoeking(m): 2:58am On Sep 01, 2016
Bro your Caucasian is cool.. .. Just give him all the attention in the world he needs train him in a way he will grow and when he grows he w ont depart from it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
Donjoeking:
Bro your Caucasian is cool.. .. Just give him all the attention in the world he needs train him in a way he will grow and when he grows he w ont depart from it
what kind of food would make him biggg?
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Babysho(m): 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
Equado:
what kind of food would make him biggg?

You have to take proper care of the dog man. It's amazing how tall and big it will get in a few months time.
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Babysho:

You have to take proper care of the dog man. It's amazing how tall and big it will get in a few months time.
any advise on feeding excluding the normal dog foods,cause have bought quite a lot. General advise please
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Namdeenero(m): 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
Equado:
any advise on feeding excluding the normal dog foods,cause have bought quite a lot. General advise please
Bro Caucasians are large breed dogs so feeding will always be expensive but here's what I do for all my dogs. I buy chicken parts in bulk like the head, legs, heart and liver very cheap from the market and store in the deep freezer, then I buy noodle waste from the pet shop and mix both.. The chicken parts cost me around 2.5k for a big paint bucket and the noodle waste cost 8k for 15kg bag and the combo lasts almost 2 months for 4 dogs.. You can also order left overs from fastfood restaurants but you should be ready to deworm regularly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Namdeenero:
Bro Caucasians are large breed dogs so feeding will always be expensive but here's what I do for all my dogs. I buy chicken parts in bulk like the head, legs, heart and liver very cheap from the market and store in the deep freezer, then I buy noodle waste from the pet shop and mix both.. The chicken parts cost me around 2.5k for a big paint bucket and the noodle waste cost 8k for 15kg bag and the combo lasts almost 2 months for 4 dogs.. You can also order left overs from fastfood restaurants but you should be ready to deworm regularly
thanks bro, I'll try that. I dewormed him last Friday, the vet fixed ending of the month for the next deworming. Anything else I need to know?
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Babysho(m): 8:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
Equado:

I really don't know much about dog growth/upkeep but you can go online for foreign veterinarians on blogs because if you rely on Nigerian Vets, you'll just see that their advise has made your dog grow into a cat.
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Namdeenero(m): 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
Equado:
thanks bro, I'll try that. I dewormed him last Friday, the vet fixed ending of the month for the next deworming. Anything else I need to know?
I think you're good to go.. And don't forget about multivitamins, you can try vetzym
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
Babysho:

I really don't know much about dog growth/upkeep but you can go online for foreign veterinarians on blogs because if you rely on Nigerian Vets, you'll just see that their advise has made your dog grow into a cat.
Lol,thanks
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Stancrus(m): 12:21am On Sep 04, 2016
Equado I think I have said all I have to say privately kodus once again on Ur new boy
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Equado(m): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2016
Stancrus:
Equado I think I have said all I have to say privately kodus once again on Ur new boy
thanks, you've been helpful. Would ask for more info when the need arises
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by emeka2847: 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
Please where do you buys the chicken parts? I mean what kind of shop, as I am in Kaduna?

Thank you.

Namdeenero:
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by Namdeenero(m): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
emeka2847:
Please where do you buys the chicken parts? I mean what kind of shop, as I am in Kaduna?

Thank you.

There's a market here in Owerri where chickens are sold, you have the option of paying the seller a small amount of money to kill and cut the chicken into any desired size. Most people don't need the heads, legs and other parts I mentioned so these sellers keep those for sell.. The guy that sells to me mostly kills Layers so I also get the egg yolk still in their sack along with the intestines.. Just find any place they sell chickens, you can also go to an abattoir and get animal parts or cow foetus
Re: Advise!!!about To Purchase An Ovcharka Caucasian by emeka2847: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks a lot

Namdeenero:
There's a market here in Owerri where chickens are sold, you have the option of paying the seller a small amount of money to kill and cut the chicken into any desired size. Most people don't need the heads, legs and other parts I mentioned so these sellers keep those for sell.. The guy that sells to me mostly kills Layers so I also get the egg yolk still in their sack along with the intestines.. Just find any place they sell chickens, you can also go to an abattoir and get animal parts or cow foetus

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Vet In The House...no Charge! / Which Breed Of Dog Is This? / Chow Chow Puppies For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.