Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others (4483 Views)

Checkout The Most Dangerous DOG Breeds. / You Are A Genius If You Can Correctly Name These Five Dog Breeds / Dog Breeds Similar To The Nigerian ‘local Dog’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by coolsegun2002: 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Okay, okay, okay, I know u like ur regular GSD, nd samoyeds,pitbulls, pugs..I even get meself a lhasa apso...but u gotta admit..dis shepherds are amazing breeds

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by coolsegun2002: 11:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
Those heads are massive.....not like the pencil mouth we have in naija....naija dog merchants especially on nairaland be like......full breed imported..call now....abeg swerve..if that ur own na full breed..what do I call these ones

2 Likes

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by coolsegun2002: 11:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
They r great with family

1 Like

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by coolsegun2002: 11:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
These monsters are even amazing with kids..thats 12weeks by the way

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by coolsegun2002: 11:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
They are amazing watch dogs

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by yaqq: 11:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
jst to scare visitors! jst a gun shot will bring it down! dogs re man bes frn though ds one look likes a lion
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by coolsegun2002: 12:05am On Feb 25, 2016
I saved the best for the last... my opinion though

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 25, 2016
This just made me have a rethink. I haven't owned a Caucasian. I think I will Google to find out more about them.
What I like in dogs :
How aggressive they are,
How intelligent they are
Adaptability
Dominance
Etc...
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by malele(m): 5:59am On Feb 25, 2016
@op u don't know about dogs.
Google tibetan masstif u will understand.
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by thecrush: 7:33am On Feb 25, 2016
U follow these guy's also on IG?
Great
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by speedfreak(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2016
Only two breeds of dogs? Cmon man we get that COs are great dogs...for me there are far better dogs dan COs like the kangal,its such a rare dog that I've only seen two people who breed it,there are mastiffs pitbulls etc who are much better than COs imo.
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by Namdeenero(m): 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
Op, have you heard of the English mastiff?? and why are caucasians so Overrated in Nigeria. The picture below is an English Mastiff belonging to a guy in Owerri

2 Likes

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by rodmann(m): 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
A neighbour of mine was almost robbed few weeks back...the poor guys jumped out faster then they jumped in...now that's a real guard dog in my books...Caucs rock..period!

2 Likes

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by olisafincy(m): 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
rodmann:
A neighbour of mine was almost robbed few weeks back...the poor guys jumped out faster then they jumped in...now that's a real guard dog in my books...Caucs rock..period!
The dog let the guy go without a bite, that's lazy and sluggishness of a Caucasian, rotweiller mastiffs or GSD won't let that happen with giving the thief a real scare before fleeing.

4 Likes

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by rodmann(m): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thought to spare you gory details...I wonder how many breeds can handle three full grown men?
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by loveson200: 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nice topic.
Every dog has its unique quality and every human acquiring them has he's own preference. A family friend had problems with robbers entering into his compound and resorted to getting dogs. He imported three GSDs and one imported Cauc (pure breeds of course) as his wife is an Hungarian. When I visited him and asked why he loved the Cauc so much, he told me that the thieves had visited several times again even after acquiring the dogs. He said that when the thieves start shooting it is always only the Cauc that stands ready to die rather than let anybody into the compound while the GSDs look for the safest hiding place. This is a true story and really prompted my choice of acquiring Caucs for myself.
The truth is that most Caucs in Nigeria and mutts. A pure breed Cauc is extremely dangerous and does not attack to injure or threaten but to kill.. My male Cauc for example was called a wimpy kid even at 10 months. I got angry and sent him for aggressive training. During the training, rather than bark like other dogs do when charged, he would rather pounce and aim for the taunter's throat. The training had to be discontinued as it posed a risk to the trainers. Today, he's aggression is terrible - only to strangers of course. However, he's intelligent can be likened to a GSD's. The truth is if you have a real pure breed Cauc, you have to be extremely careful as the victim of an attack might not leave to tell the story. Other dogs kill preys and keep for their masters. Any time I wake up in the morning with blood all over my compound, the prey is in the stomach of my Cauc. I tried rescuing a dove that my Cauc caught one day and that was when I knew that these dogs have their animal instinct that you cannot take away from them. I had to, for my own safety allow the poor bird to be devoured. He had he's punished though - a full day being locked up in his house which is disliked.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by rodmann(m): 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
loveson200:
He said that when the thieves start shooting it is always only the Cauc that stands ready to die rather than let anybody into the compound while the GSDs look for the safest hiding place. This is a true story and really prompted my choice of acquiring Caucs for myself
This is the true definition of a guard dog.You put it aptly by saying quite a number of the caucs sold in puppy mills here are mutts.Personally I'm already talking to a reputable breeder in Jos.My GSD is a fantastic companion but it is what it is...Caucs rock.
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by olisafincy(m): 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2016
loveson200:
Nice topic.
Every dog has its unique quality and every human acquiring them has he's own preference. A family friend had problems with robbers entering into his compound and resorted to getting dogs. He imported three GSDs and one imported Cauc (pure breeds of course) as his wife is an Hungarian. When I visited him and asked why he loved the Cauc so much, he told me that the thieves had visited several times again even after acquiring the dogs. He said that when the thieves start shooting it is always only the Cauc that stands ready to die rather than let anybody into the compound while the GSDs look for the safest hiding place. This is a true story and really prompted my choice of acquiring Caucs for myself.
My brother it depends on the kind of Gsd
get a DDR GSD at 6 months testimony go dey come your way. Not when you go acquire all this fake GSD you try to generalize it with the Baddest.
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by Awotimi(m): 7:57am On Feb 28, 2016
olisafincy:

get a DDR GSD at 6 months testimony go dey come your way. Not when you go acquire all this fake GSD you try to generalize it with the Baddest.
You're very correct bro.....straight back DDRs are the best
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by Namdeenero(m): 9:01am On Feb 28, 2016
olisafincy:

Bro I have a friend who has a 2 imported caucasians and one gsd/mongrel mix in his house. Both caucasians see usually locked up in their cages during the day and released only at night for security reasons but the mongrel roams around the compound 24/7, the day he got robbed the caucasians barked and barked but when they heard gunshots they retreated into their cages but only the mongrel that most people think doesn't bark stood and challenged the robbers before getting shot. What I'm trying to say is that even if you get your DDR GSD, without proper training he'll be useless like those caucasians

2 Likes

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by barcaboi(m): 4:15am On Feb 29, 2016
coolsegun2002:
Those heads are massive.....not like the pencil mouth we have in naija....naija dog merchants especially on nairaland be like......full breed imported..call now....abeg swerve..if that ur own na full breed..what do I call these ones
ow much to Import dem sef
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by coolsegun2002: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
barcaboi:
ow much to Import dem sef

oga dollar don go up ooooooo..

if u buying from over there, it could cost much 300-400k total..u"ll make ur money back in just one litter.
if u are lucky enuf to get one adopted from government dog shelter over there which almost free(if u have a friend that can help u do dat over there)..all u need to pay for is vet certification and transport to naija....which should be lesser than 400k.....
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by Stancrus(m): 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
coolsegun2002:

if u buying from over there, it could cost much 300-400k total..u"ll make ur money back in just one litter.
if u are lucky enuf to get one adopted from government dog shelter over there which almost free(if u have a friend that can help u do dat over there)..all u need to pay for is vet certification and transport to naija....which should be lesser than 400k.....
some exceed that I have a friend who recently imported a male caucasian ovarchaka from mosco russian recently and It cost him close to 700k in total no doubt's the quality is one of the best I have seen
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by edyken001: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
I saw a friends male caucasian and I nearly tru mine in the dust bin. She is pure 100 percent but I guess I dnt feed her well. I. Bought all the dog food I could lay my hand on. She is growing big
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by barcaboi(m): 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
coolsegun2002:

chai.....dats much...no be now sha..na when my shite done soft
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by Rapahel1116: 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
Namdeenero:
Op, have you heard of the English mastiff?? and why are caucasians so Overrated in Nigeria. The picture below is an English Mastiff belonging to a guy in Owerri
guy u think Caucasians are overrated ...am laughing in Spanish right now... If caucasian gt 4 of u na die... They are intelligent ...agile... Big..... Strong.... ND the most dangerous dog out there
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by olisafincy(m): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
Namdeenero:
Bro I have a friend who has a 2 imported caucasians and one gsd/mongrel mix in his house. Both caucasians see usually locked up in their cages during the day and released only at night for security reasons but the mongrel roams around the compound 24/7, the day he got robbed the caucasians barked and barked but when they heard gunshots they retreated into their cages but only the mongrel that most people think doesn't bark stood and challenged the robbers before getting shot. What I'm trying to say is that even if you get your DDR GSD, without proper training he'll be useless like those caucasians
Bro finally I got a DDR GSD
He is 5months old and stands any dog in the hood and you don't sneak into my compound at night, his back is enough for us to know there is an intruder.

1 Like

Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by olisafincy(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
I don't just buy dogs for size a DRR GSD will give me everything I need in a dog.
This is Robby of Household @5months old,
you and your Caucasian can find a sit somewhere.
Caucasian is what you love to have and you admire them a lot because of size, I pray you don't run into a DRR GSD in a lone Road or in his territory.
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by Namdeenero(m): 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
olisafincy:

Bro finally I got a DDR GSD
He is 5months old and stands any dog in the hood and you don't sneak into my compound at night, his back is enough for us to know there is an intruder.
wow, i just love your dog bro. Both the coat colour and everything, he looks very superb. Mated my dog with a king shepherd on friday, hoping she gets pregnant though cos they only achieved a tie once
Re: Only Two Kinds Of Dog Breeds...the Caucasian Ovcharka & Others by nairamaniac: 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2020
Namdeenero:
wow, i just love your dog bro. Both the coat colour and everything, he looks very superb. Mated my dog with a king shepherd on friday, hoping she gets pregnant though cos they only achieved a tie once

I'm sure it would be on one of your other threads. But how did this mix with this king sherpard finally turn out? Can u pls post pictures here.

Thanx!

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You / Diary Of My GSD / My New 3months Old Caucasian Wont Move Anytime I Put A Chain On The Neck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.