Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It (4740 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Attempts To Prove Facetime She Had With Apostle Suleman Is Real / 5 Ways Apostle Suleman Can Prove His Innocence In Stephanie Otobo’s Sex Mess / MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 24, 2016
God, Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah what ever name you or your religion refer as God is imaginary, most of the points presented here are drawn from the website http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm which offers a more detailed explanation, but that aside here are the main points that prove that God is imaginary.

1. Read the old testament: It is filled with a lot of barbaric acts which include rape, genocide and even slavery(Exodus chapter 21:32
Leviticus chapter 25:44
Genesis 6:17
Even new testament
Colossians chapter 3:22

that God specifically commanded the Israelite to commit, now why would a self proclaimed all loving father of humanity, allow or in some cases command his children to do these to other human beings regardless of the cause, there's are only two explanation, either God is okay with slavery, genocide, and rape in which case he would be psychopath and not a loving father or he didn't inspire these parts of the bible to be written, but if that's the case what other things in the bible isn't God's word and how would we know the difference.

2. Notice the delusion of prayer: in Matthew 17:20 Jesus says: for truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,'and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
if what Jesus says is the case then why is it anytime we pray for something completely impossible, no matter how selfless it is it never works. For example a devout christian could pray for all the starving children in the world to suddenly have food on their plate for the next one year and it would not happen, or you could pray for every cancer patient in the world to be miraculously healed and it would never happen. why? because God doesn't exist and prayer is an illusion, if you notice when you pray it mostly about things that have a lot or even a slight chance of happening on its own accord e.g you can pray to get a job you were interviewed for, or that you pass your exams now the odds for these happening are very high, even in the cases of miraculous healings for example someone being cured of cancer or some deadly illness. They chances of survival were never zero, let's say 20,000 people have a certain kind of cancer that leaves sufferers with a 10% chance of survival, now out of that 20,000 a handful survives and one of them is a christian who prayed, now he or she will immediately assume it was because if God and the media will report about the miraculous healing, not mentioning anything about the other 20,000 patients many of whom died, now if that sufferer had prayed that all 20,000 be healed it would not have worked because that would be impossible.
3.)Understand other historical Gods: The belief in "god" seems to be ubiquitous through the ages. We know, for example, that the ancient Egyptians believed in their gods so fervently that they built massive structures like the Great Pyramid -- still today one of the largest and most enduring human constructions ever created. Despite that fervor, however, we as a society have decided with complete certainty today that the Egyptian gods were imaginary. Thus we do not build pyramids anymore and we do not mummify our leaders. We reject all of the rituals and ceremonies of the Egyptian religion because there is no evidence of their gods' existence.
More recently we know that tens of millions of Romans worshiped Jupiter and his friends, and to them they built magnificent temples. The ruins of these temples are popular tourist attractions even today. Yet society have decided with complete certainty that these gods were imaginary. Mainline society is no longer building temples to these gods or worshiping them because there is no evidence for their existence. Much more recently, we know that the Aztec civilization believed in their gods so intensely that they constructed huge temples and pyramids. In addition, Aztecs were so zealous that they were sacrificing hundreds of human beings to their gods as recently as the 16th century. Despite the intensity, however, we know today that these gods were imaginary. The Aztecs were insane to be murdering people for their gods. Killing a person has no effect on rainfall or anything else. We all know that. And there is no evidence whatsoever demonstrating that the Aztec gods exist. If the Aztec gods were real, we would still be offering sacrifices to them and these sacrifices would be effective. Thus we come to understand that he fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless. The "God" and the "Jesus" that Christians worship today are actually amalgams formed out of ancient pagan gods. The idea of a "virgin birth", "burial in a rock tomb", "resurrection after 3 days" and "eating of body and drinking of blood" had nothing to do with Jesus. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals and beliefs in order to be more palatable to converts. You can find accounts like these in popular literature: see these quotes from the Da Vinci code by Dan brown.
"The vestiges of pagan religion in Christian symbology are undeniable. Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints. Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus. And virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier pagan mystery religions."*."Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity's weekly holy day was stolen from the pagans."
we've all accepted that bother the gods of the Egyptians, Aztecs and romans were not real despite their various acts of belief, so what is different from today's religion.
4.) The delusion of faith: http://godisimaginary.com/i7.htm This is actually to long to type but I implore you to read it as it is one of the main points given.
5.) Notice you never listen to Jesus: Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:
Matthew 6:19Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
Luke 14:33Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.
Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money.
Matthew 19:21-24 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:28-29 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
Luke 9:23-25Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Do I even need to explain this read the full blog. I'm ready for questions and arguments.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Nasa28(m): 9:36am On Aug 24, 2016
dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 24, 2016
Nasa28:
dead on arrival
Don't get your meaning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Pidggin(f): 9:42am On Aug 24, 2016
It seems satan is working overtime today

I will prove to you that God is real. Give me your full names, in the next three days you will testify of Him. If you doubt me, try it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

I will prove to you that God is real. Give me your full names, in the next three days you will testify of Him. If you doubt me, try it
see this is what religion causes, ignorance and superstition. If you can't argue against the points above don't. There's no need for any charlatan here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Pidggin(f): 9:55am On Aug 24, 2016
Lennycool:

see this is what religion causes, ignorance and superstition. If you can't argue against the points above don't. There's no need for any charlatan here.

Why create your own thread when there are countless threads on this issue. It seems you guys need your own sub-forum

If God is not real then let that thought remain with you, why do you need to prove it? Are you looking for converts into a thinking process that is entirely based on the non-existence of God? Without God athiesm will be irrelevant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

Why create your own thread when there are countless threads on this issue. It seems you guys need your own sub-forum

If God is not real then let that thought remain with you, why do you need to prove it? Are you looking for converts into a thinking process that is entirely based on the non-existence of God. Without God athiesm will be irrelevant
atheism is the belief that no deity exist, if everyone was an atheist would you say it lacks relevance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by hopefuLandlord: 10:21am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

Why not tell your pathetic excuse of a "holy spirit" to reveal his/her name to you?

Oh! He can't?

Buhahahahhahaha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by JohnAdeDavid(m): 10:29am On Aug 24, 2016
If God Is not real...then how is the universe formed...tell me

1 Like

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Judas2013: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2016
Pidggin:

1 Like

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Judas2013: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2016
JohnAdeDavid:
If God Is not real...then how is the universe formed...tell me

What made you think god is responsible for the universe?
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by winner01(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2016
If God is not real, you wouldnt post this cos it wont matter.
You've betrayed your logic by acting like it matters what people believe or dont believe. It matters because humans value truth, humans value truth because they are not meaningless and purposeless creatures.
That is good proof for God's existence.

+ I wonder why you people want us to address the same points over and over again.
You are because God is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Judas2013: 10:35am On Aug 24, 2016
winner01:
If God is not real, you wouldnt post this cos it wont matter.
You've betrayed your logic by acting like it matters what people believe or dont believe. It matters because humans value truth, humans value truth because they are not meaningless and purposeless creatures.
That is good proof for God's existence.

+ I wonder why you people want us to address the same points over and over again.
You are because God is.

You guys always beat about the bush,why? Show me the proof,instead you will keep explaining. Show proof or don't comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by ifenes(m): 10:46am On Aug 24, 2016
God is real. I AM GOD.

1 Like

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by JohnAdeDavid(m): 10:47am On Aug 24, 2016
Judas2013:

The book of Genesis chapter 1 verse 1 says: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2016
Judas2013:

And what made you think God is not responsible for the universe undecided

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2016
Lennycool:

atheism is the belief that no deity exist, if everyone was an atheist would you say it lacks relevance.

The emboldened text is far from reality - chimerical in fact . Atheism needs God's existence to be relevant just like an usurpation needs a government to be in place for it to be necessary or relevant .

1 Like

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Judas2013: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And what made you think God is not responsible for the universe undecided

What made you think a god is?

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Judas2013: 11:01am On Aug 24, 2016
JohnAdeDavid:
The book of Genesis chapter 1 verse 1 says: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

A book said? I don't care what a book said. Do you know or not?

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2016
The religious say God most exist because intelligent complex life on earth cannot exist without any intelligent creator. Then the question would be who created the intelligent and infinitely complex God.
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 24, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The emboldened text is far from reality - chimerical in fact . Atheism needs God's existence to be relevant just like an usurpation needs a government to be in place for it to be necessary or relevant .
An atheist's arguments are not with God since we believe he does not exist, it is with the countless humans that believe he does exist.

1 Like

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Lennycool:

An atheist's arguments are not with God since we believe he does not exist, it is with the countless humans that believe he does exist.

You agree with me then
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 24, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You agree with me then
your argument is not relevant. you say atheist need the existence of God to be relevant. But the existence of God is already relevant to billions of people, all we're trying to do is explain he does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by JohnAdeDavid(m): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2016
Judas2013:

A book said? I don't care what a book said. Do you know or not?
It's what I believe in...Just as u were taught one plus one is two nd u believed it....tell me how would u arrive at the conclusion that one plus one is two

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by JohnAdeDavid(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2016
Lennycool:
The religious say God most exist because intelligent complex life on earth cannot exist without any intelligent creator. Then the question would be who created the intelligent and infinitely complex God.
Let me ask u...Who created u?

1 Like

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Judas2013: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2016
JohnAdeDavid:
It's what I believe in...Just as u were taught one plus one is two nd u believed it....tell me how would u arrive at the conclusion that one plus one is two

What made you believe it. One and one is two with countless of evidence. Don't shift the goal post. How did you know there is a god when you cannot prove it?

Even without being taught one plus one is two, I will still know it as its part of my practical lifestyle

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by kingdenny(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2016
Lennycool:

Whether you believe or not, it does not change the existence, can I ask, does ghost exist?
The sad thing is people make attempt to understand who God is, even the bible cannot tell you who he is. He is above what ever the bible says about him.
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by winner01(m): 11:33am On Aug 24, 2016
Judas2013:

You guys always beat about the bush,why? Show me the proof,instead you will keep explaining. Show proof or don't comment
If you dont want an explanation then dont ask questions.
There are several proofs of God's existence, it depends on which works for you.
Creation is one, beauty, conscience, morality, Jesus, supernatural occurences, personal experiences, miracles and others.
It depends on which one you choose to probe carefully and not arrogantly.

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by winner01(m): 11:34am On Aug 24, 2016
ifenes:
God is real. I AM GOD.
Ode!

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Judas2013: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2016
winner01:
If you dont want an explanation then dont ask questions.
There are several proofs of God's existence, it depends on which works for you.
Creation is one, beauty, conscience, morality, Jesus, supernatural occurences, personal experiences, miracles and others.
It depends on which one you choose to probe carefully and not arrogantly.

Why would I take explanation from someone who has never seen or heard from god? All I need is a proof you know this god exist for sure

3 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by winner01(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2016
Lennycool:
When you understand the word infinite, you wont ask how it began.

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by winner01(m): 11:38am On Aug 24, 2016
Judas2013:

Why would I take explanation from someone who has never seen or heard from god? All I need is a proof you know this god exist for sure
While you dishonestly wait for proof, make sure you keep fighting all those who claim to have experienced God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House On The Rock Projects Image Of An Owl (Moloch) During Communion / This Is How The Church Will Look Like If Rapture Take Place On Sunday. / Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.