Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism (13038 Views)

11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2016
Owliver:
you are still seeing him as a huge man with white beard all over. that's the reason you find it difficult to accept that because it's a religious description .

you can see God as universe, nothing, Allah, Zeus, Elohim, Krishna whatever you see it as doesn't matter. the fact remain, there's a great cause beyond human capacity, timeless, outside of time... God is what most people call it.

look my friend, I have seen where you wrote sometime that you are from strict Catholic family, me2 my family is so strict I can say that's what drove me to ask questions.

my brother is in seminary and I discuss with him a lot. he says the Old Testament some are just myths. not only Christians will make heaven. the Bible is written by men who can make mistakes and who are humanly bias.

there will forever be a God(great nothing) you can't stop it. stop fighting and arguing to reassure yourself. you'll need that forever as long as you live. it's hopeless.

live you life and wait for the hour. it will come like a thief in the night. at an hour we do not expect. life is too short to be arguing no God every moment.

Good morning.
If I am to call God (something) nothing, would it make sense because u would agree with me that something can't be nothing

So I can't call nothing a God because it would be illogical.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2016
ValentineMary:

If I am to call God (something) nothing, would it make sense because u would agree with me that something can't be nothing

So I can't call nothing a God because it would be illogical.
LMAO. but you scientist and atheist say the universe came out of nothing na. so that makes sense? you call it nothing because you don't really know what it is. religious people call it God.

so like I said. this is the only situation where nothing would mean something. an intelligent great nothing. God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by frank317: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2016
Owliver:
the atheist says the first cause is "nothing" what an intelligent nothing. that's what religious people call God.

so everyone is saying the same thing. don't you see.

Stop lying, atheists do not say first cause is nothing... what do u gain by arguing out if misconception?

Religionists call nothing God? How does that sound to u... How can anyone give nothing a name... Guy we don't know how we came about... It could be aliens, it could be tiny beings, it could be energy, the fact is that however we came about is beyond our imagination... Calling it God is guess work, why then do they argue that it's a fact... Atheists just reject what religionists claim they know because the religionists do not have prove for this claim... Atheists do not believe nothing was the first cause, they don't know and they prefer accepting they don't know than accepting your guess work that I claim is a fact.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Seun(m): 9:52am On Aug 25, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Seun, every time the issue of evolution comes up your only defense and explanation of it has been these your dogs. Now that you can see that the change wasn't a natural occurrence can you now put this evolution talk to rest?
I don't want to derail this thread further but let the record show that you didn't answer my question. What you posted is an account of the original development of the bull terrier and not about how, after the bull terrier was developed, it's face was changed to what it is today. Also, you were lying for Jesus when you claimed that the evolution of dog breeds is my only defence for evolution. Jesus wouldn't appreciate that.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 25, 2016
frank317:

Stop lying, atheists do not say first cause is nothing... what do u gain by arguing out if misconception?

Religionists call nothing God? How does that sound to u... How can anyone give nothing a name... Guy we don't know how we came about... It could be aliens, it could be tiny beings, it could be energy, the fact is that however we came about is beyond our imagination... Calling it God is guess work, why then do they argue that it's a fact... Atheists just reject what religionists claim they know because the religionists do not have prove for this claim... Atheists do not believe nothing was the first cause, they don't know and they prefer accepting they don't know than accepting your guess work that I claim is a fact.

Owliver was just playing the game Valentinemary presented to him and was using her own words to talk to her while he is not calling God "nothing". Get that right first!

Secondly, Atheists cannot prove or believe there is God because they lack a key ingredient for this and this key ingredient is called FAITH! Faith unlocks your mind to deeper things that would never make sense to your human mind and then you begin to understand these deeper things because faith is linked to an experience.

We have faith to unlock this truth and you do not.

If you wish to know if what we speak is true or not then be willing to share in the faith experience and then be able to speak...until you do then to you we came from NOTHING while to us we came from GOD! Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by frank317: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2016
kilo4sure:

Yes l accept l do not know but l came to the idea of an extra ordinary first cause deductively. By extra ordinary, l mean a timeless, immaterial, uncaused eternal first cause capable of giving life, this is reasonable if the universe was caused at all and has a beginning. What do you have against this?

What I have against it is that it is just your guess work and it is false. How did u know its timeless... Timeless, immaterial are all human constructs... Who told u it's timeless.? What if timelessness is a strange concept to this first cause... I am against u because u have accepted that u dont know... how can u not know the first cause and all of a sudden u now no he is eternal, it is obviously false because it's just a guess work except you tell me u are the first cause.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by frank317: 9:58am On Aug 25, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Owliver was just playing the game Valentinemary presented to him and was using her own words to talk to her while he is not calling God "nothing". Get that right first!

Secondly, Atheists cannot prove or believe there is God because they lack a key ingredient for this and this key ingredient is called FAITH! Faith unlocks your mind to deeper things that would never make sense to your human mind and then you begin to understand these deeper things because faith is linked to an experience.

We have faith to unlock this truth and you do not.

If you wish to know if what we speak is true or not then be willing to share in the faith experience and then be able to speak...until you do then to you we came from NOTHING while to us we came from GOD! Cheers

Ok
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by kilo4sure: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2016
frank317:

Cool so you agree there's a first cause but you don't know what it is, and you are still learning. Then there's no need for this argument. Religion and science albeit in different ways are methods by which we search for this first cause. It seems you don't just like the name God; no problem l would no longer use that term with you, but rather l would just call it the first cause.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2016
Seun:
I don't want to derail this question further but let the record show that you didn't answer my question. What you posted is an account of the original development of the bull terrier and not about how, after the bull terrier was developed, it's face was changed to what it is today. Also, you were lying for Jesus when you claimed that the evolution of dog breeds is my only defence for evolution. Jesus wouldn't appreciate that.

You are a very funny and melodramatic fellow you know that? So even when the history i posted in response to your post shows and explains in plain english you still argue just to feign intelligence? smh and shameful. If you do not realize that the name TERRIER represents different breeds of terriers which were experimentally crossbred with the bulldog in order to get todays Bullterrier then as the yorubas will say, "e ma yami lenu o" =You shock or surprise me.

On one of my threads you came up with the same argument as this one which was why i said you always use this dog evolution defense so stop lying for Atheism Seun even though i know Atheists would appreciate your lies as that is their very core.

Why not do us all a favour and open a thread on evolution strictly for you and me and nobody else and lets discuss it since you find confidence in numbers and lie so outrageously for Atheism.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by kilo4sure: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2016
frank317:

What I have against it is that it is just your guess work and it is false. How did u know its timeless... Timeless, immaterial are all human constructs... Who told u it's timeless.? What if timelessness is a strange concept to this first cause... I am against u because u have accepted that u dont know... how can u not know the first cause and all of a sudden u now no he is eternal, it is obviously false because it's just a guess work except you tell me u are the first cause.
I didn't say l now know, l'm only saying that l deduced this from the fact that matter, space, and time itself all began with the big bang.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by frank317: 10:05am On Aug 25, 2016
Owliver:
hmm I am not an atheist. I was once though. it made me ask questions that almost made me mad. it took me a great deal to kill the fear. even the fear of death.

see my friend, I don't believe in a best religion. but every one of them is pointing to God. differently.

when you say you do not know it means there's something to know. the fact that you do no know can't erase the fact that there's something to know. that something to know is what people have defined as God. the great cause, the great nothing, Allah, Elohim, Yahweh. these are just terms.

if you research His outside religion you'll find it\him\her whatever it is... I acknowledge it.

even if aliens come there will still be questions. where do they come from. and if they come from outside time there will be another question who created outside of time. there will be infinite questions. and all this will land at one great nothing(God).

then there will be another question. who created the great nothing(God)? probably another great nothing did that. so you'll ask again and again and again and again.

what ever rout you take A great nothing(God) awaits you at the end. hehehe. Allahu Akbar.

What are u really saying?

You don't know the first cause... But there must be a first cause, some people call this unknown first cause God, therefore they are right... Lets start worshipping this unknown first cause and paying out tithe and offering to people in its name (the name we guessed)

What if the universe itself is eternal? What if there is actually no first cause? What if everything has always been existing?

Yes, the fact that we don't know means there is something to know, should we then start making guesses?

Really since u accept we don't know, what are both of us arguing about?
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You are a very funny and melodramatic fellow you know that? So even when the history i posted in response to your post shows and explains in plain english you still argue just to feign intelligence? smh and shameful. If you do not realize that the name TERRIER represents different breeds of terriers which were experimentally crossbred with the bulldog in order to get todays Bullterrier then as the yorubas will say, "e ma yami lenu o" =You shock or surprise me.

On one of my threads you came up with the same argument as this one which was why i said you always use this dog evolution defense so stop lying for Atheism Seun even though i know Atheists would appreciate your lies as that is their very core.

Why not do us all a favour and open a thread on evolution strictly for you and me and nobody else and lets discuss it since you find confidence in numbers and lie so outrageously for Atheism.

Please do that immediately . If uncle seun fails to respond then the apparent conclusion has to be made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please do that immediately . If uncle seun fails to respond then the apparent conclusion has to be made

Already done
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2016
Seun:
I don't want to derail this thread further but let the record show that you didn't answer my question. What you posted is an account of the original development of the bull terrier and not about how, after the bull terrier was developed, it's face was changed to what it is today. Also, you were lying for Jesus when you claimed that the evolution of dog breeds is my only defence for evolution. Jesus wouldn't appreciate that.
Lol @the bolded. . . there are so many other examples of evolution. . . the white man has thin lips because his species (crossbreed between human and neanderthal) had to adapt to cold weather. . . but I'm sure he doesn't believe in that, so let's skip that. . . maybe he could answer this simple one . . . with mankind's increased intelligence over time, the cerebrum has grown bigger in relation to the cerebellum. . . how does he explain that without evolution? Is it god?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Lol @the bolded. . . there are so many other examples of evolution. . . the white man has thin lips because his species (crossbreed between human and neanderthal) had to adapt to cold weather. . . but I'm sure he doesn't believe in that, so let's skip that. . . maybe he could answer this simple one . . . with mankind's increased intelligence over time, the cerebrum has grown bigger in relation to the cerebellum. . . how does he explain that without evolution? Is it god?

Young man stop being fidgety and quick to jump into discussions between 2 people. I have opened a dedicated thread strictly between Seun and i where he is free to pick up this point you just gave him and present that as an argument. Click my moniker and locate the thread. Thanks for helping him out with a point to present.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by MrMontella(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2016
Efewestern:

Promise to go deep into that @bolded... There was a thread created sometime ago .. maybe last month that talks about evolution and someone asked seun for prove.. Lo and behold seun brought An image of A dog showing its former appearance & also its later appearance.. Did a research on that and later found out that the Appearance of the dog later stage was as a result of Cross breeding and not one Evolution crap as portrayed by Seun.

You might end up convincing yourself about the existence of God „ But believe me Atheist opinion doesn't count
is it proof of evolution u need or what?
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by MrMontella(m): 10:43am On Aug 25, 2016
Deicide:
grin
u no trust scientists?
They would have by now created a mega airconditioner there..lol

1 Like

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Young man stop being fidgety and quick to jump into discussions between 2 people. I have opened a dedicated thread strictly between Seun and i where he is free to pick up this point you just gave him and present that as an argument. Click my moniker and locate the thread. Thanks for helping him out with a point to present.
Discussion between two people? Oh, didn't know that, I follow him, so I saw the post. I believe this is a public forum. Sorry for interrupting though. Am I allowed to comment in that thread? And Seun hasn't responded to the thread, does he know about it? Is he interested in the argument?
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2016
frank317:

What are u really saying?

You don't know the first cause... But there must be a first cause, some people call this unknown first cause God, therefore they are right... Lets start worshipping this unknown first cause and paying out tithe and offering to people in its name (the name we guessed)

What if the universe itself is eternal? What if there is actually no first cause? What if everything has always been existing?

Yes, the fact that we don't know means there is something to know, should we then start making guesses?

Really since u accept we don't know, what are both of us arguing about?
where did you see me say we should worship the first cause? pls show me.

if you have never met your father does that erase the fact that you must have a father dead or alive? pls be real.

if you argue God in a religious perspective you won't believe trust me I have been there. search God(the first cause) outside religion and you'll understand.

you atheist are just not agreeing to the religious definition which me2 don't agree giving all the contradictions. I totally understand that. but saying there's nothing(great cause) does not erase the nothing(great cause), if something can come out of nothing then that nothing must be something intelligent enough to be supreme. religious people call it God.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 10:51am On Aug 25, 2016
frank317:

so what is the first cause? grin
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Discussion between two people? Oh, didn't know that, I follow him, so I saw the post. I believe this is a public forum. Sorry for interrupting though. Am I allowed to comment in that thread? And Seun hasn't responded to the thread, does he know about it? Is he interested in the argument?

The thread is strictly a seun and myself affair so sorry you wouldn't be allowed to comment on it. Well he has been mentioned so cannot say he isnt aware. Regarding being interested or not...i see no reason why he shouldnt be interested afterall he was interested enough to respond to my post here on this thread so a dedicated thread is no big deal for Seun to come onto abi?
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 10:54am On Aug 25, 2016
kilo4sure:

I didn't say l now know, l'm only saying that l deduced this from the fact that matter, space, and time itself all began with the big bang.
so what caused the Big Bang? what was before the Big Bang?
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The thread is strictly a seun and myself affair so sorry you wouldn't be allowed to comment on it. Well he has been mentioned so cannot say he isnt aware. Regarding being interested or not...i see no reason why he shouldnt be interested afterall he was interested enough to respond to my post here on this thread so a dedicated thread is no big deal for Seun to come onto abi?
Okay then. . . but I see no reason why you can't make it an open 'evolutionists vs creationists' thread. . . after all, Seun is but one man, he has never claimed to know it all. . . he's a programmer, not a biologist. Valuable input from both sides would breed a better argument. . . There might be more 'learned'(lol) Christians on the topic of creation than you as well. Or don't you think so?
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by frank317: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2016
kilo4sure:

Cool so you agree there's a first cause but you don't know what it is, and you are still learning. Then there's no need for this argument. Religion and science albeit in different ways are methods by which we search for this first cause. It seems you don't just like the name God; no problem l would no longer use that term with you, but rather l would just call it the first cause.

Of course the first cause theory is just one of many guesses... What if the universe is eternal... What if it has always existed? Remember this is a realm the human mind is yet to understand... A simple I don't know is a perfect answer to something we actually know nothing about
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Okay then. . . but I see no reason why you can't make it an open 'evolutionists vs creationists' thread. . . after all, Seun is but one man, he has never claimed to know it all. . . he's a programmer, not a biologist. Valuable input from both sides would breed a better argument. . . There might be more 'learned'(lol) Christians on the topic of creation than you as well. Or don't you think so?

I dont think so. He personally knows enough to always jump to the defence of evolution do let him share his personal knowledge and how this has come to shape his life and its decisions.

I am a geoplanner so also have limited knowledge so allow us to "mumu" ourselves on that thread.

I do not want the usual crowd raiding on his side or on mine afterall none of u are with him when he is alone and someone asks him to defend certain stuff are you?
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by MrMontella(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2016
Owliver:
thank you for answering him.

every religion has explained God in their own ways even science. there's always similarities among these explanations. but not a single conclusion.

as long as no one can prove it(probably never will) it will stay unknown. That unknown knowledge is what I call God(knowledge unknown)... how is that hard for that man to understand that simple definition of God lol
so every new knowledge keeps on eliminating god till he dies completely?
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by frank317: 11:12am On Aug 25, 2016
kilo4sure:

Just a deduction and we are actually arguing?

I see no relationship between matter, space and time beginning with big bang and first cause being eternal and timeless
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 25, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I dont think so. He personally knows enough to always jump to the defence of evolution do let him share his personal knowledge and how this has come to shape his life and its decisions.

I am a geoplanner so also have limited knowledge so allow us to "mumu" ourselves on that thread.

I do not want the usual crowd raiding on his side or on mine afterall none of u are with him when he is alone and someone asks him to defend certain stuff are you?
Fair enough. Alright then, let the games begin!
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2016
MrMontella:

so every new knowledge keeps on eliminating god till he dies completely?
which knowledge? best guessing what happened 4.9billion years ago?

OK what happened 8.9 zillion years ago before time was created? give me another theory for that.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by MrMontella(m): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2016
Owliver:
hmm a fresher.

let's me teach you little bit about humans. all humans are naturally selfish.

you give a beggar money, you are giving so you'll feel good which will in turn benefit him. selfish.

you help your mom to buy bread, you do it first because you don't want to feel bad disobeying your mom. selfish

when you argue, you do that cos first you want to feel proud teaching someone so you'll be seen as intelligent then it benefits the person. selfish

if I ask you 1000naira card you won't give me. why? cos if you don't you won't feel bad. but if your brother asks even if it's your last 1k you most likely will give him so you won't feel bad not giving him. selfish.

you see a little child begging you feel pity(pains) you are psychotically bullied to help. so you won't feel guilty. selfish

I can go on and on. every living organism is selfish no matter what you think. the scientist is also selfish, teaching people about God or no God in order to win souls and reassuring himself that he is right. debating comes from pain. pain of ideology which one will subdue the other.

we are tormented psychologically to do things. make decisions, sacrifice one pain for comfort. I wish I had the time to say much sir.
dude...ur emotions are not in check..
I'd recommend u cling to a religion..it could help ease the randomness of your emotions..
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by MrMontella(m): 11:23am On Aug 25, 2016
Owliver:
which knowledge? best guessing what happened 4.9billion years ago?

OK what happened 8.9 zillion years ago before time was created? give me another theory for that.
lol..
Time may not have started with our universe incase you dont know...if our universe is
the product of the blackhole of another universe..
The mistake u make is equating a singularity to nothing..
A singularity is not nothing
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by MrMontella(m): 11:25am On Aug 25, 2016
kilo4sure:

The universe is actually quiet organized and not what we would expect to be created by time and chance only.
do molecules need a creator to form crystals?
The universe is organized...i agree 1000% percent...bt it is not perfect..
And randomness does bring forth order

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does The Church I Attend Matter? / Follow Up Pastor Chris Live Online: Receive Words From Him Now: / 2023: Tinubu & Osinbajo Will Fight - Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.