Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari (849 Views)

Kano’s Votes Alone Were More Than What The Entire South-West Gave Buhari - Waku / Fayose Blasts Obasanjo: "He Speaks To Remain Relevant" / Waku: "Drink Your Oil, We Would Eat Our Yams", Arewa Chieftain Tells Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by lobito94(m): 11:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Senator Joseph Waku, a former chairman, Senate Committee on Water Resources, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to probe former President Olusegun Obasanjo or forget about his anti-corruption war. According to Waku, Obasanjo introduced corruption to Nigeria, and so Nigerians would not take President Buhari’s fight against corruption seriously if Obasanjo was left untouched, The Punch reports.

Speaking with newsmen at the Annual General Assembly of the Arewa Consultative Forum on Tuesday, August 23, in Kaduna, Waku said: “Look, I am 70 years old now and have been in this game for more than 50 years.

“Therefore, there is no way I can just look at some totality of what people are saying about corruption and believe it as it has been reported to me. If I have an investigating mechanism, I know that this accusation is real obviously. “I have access to authority. I have access to Mr. President. I told Mr. President that this corruption probe of past regimes, if you don’t probe Obasanjo, then you haven’t done anything yet. Corruption in Nigeria was introduced by Obasanjo.”

Waku who served as a senator in the fourth republic and is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, noted that without Buhari, the ruling party would lose the 2019 general election. He said the party won the 2015 election because most of the politicians on the platform of the APC rode on Buhari’s honesty to win the 2015 election. The call for Buhari to probe Obasanjo comes just after the former president denied media reports claiming he and a few Nigerians brought President Muhammadu Buhari to power. According to him, no individual or group including himself can lay claim to bringing to power. Obasanjo said Nigerians overwhelmingly voted for Buhari, hence, no one could claim to have brought him to power.

http://www.naijanewsmill.com/2016/08/probe-obasanjo-he-introduced-corruption.html

1 Like

Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by Richkid97(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2016
Let me sit down here till it get to front page
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by Obaladerin2(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2016
Let 's wait and see
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by Richkid97(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2016
shocked
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by chinjo(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2016
Obasanjo is a new creature. If any man be in APC he is a new creature, old things have passed away. He is now a born again so can not be probed.
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by Flyingngel(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2016
Hahahaha, Buhari probing Obasanjo is like taking gold to new China. Mr Waku better find something to do with ur spare time because such will not happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by agwom(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2016
Obj...
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by LORDOFAFONJAS: 11:24am On Aug 24, 2016
Them never born the Buhari to probe that cowadr called OBJ grin
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by Ellidude(m): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2016
chinjo:
Obasanjo is a new creature. If any man be in APC he is a new creature, old things have passed away. He is now a born again so can not be probed.
grin
There are some persons that are just "Un-probeable".

What I'm I saying? Someone help. grin
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by teewhydope(m): 11:42am On Aug 24, 2016
shocked
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by orisa37: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
waa ku before you know life. After all, he is still supporting Buhari to the consternation of the DEPRESSED PEOPLE OF NIGERIA..
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by sarrki(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
Waku go find somewhere sit down

Baba obasanjo is & will always be

Tested and trusted

Reliable leader

Articulate leader

Responsible leader

Sociable leader

Patriotic leader

Long live Ebora owu

Ebora ton my Bournvita

Lon live Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by PaulIdu: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
Even though Obasanjo is responsible for making democracy in Nigeria very expensive and corrupt , the only man brave enough to haul the old man to prison is long dead and gone ..that man was Sani Abacha ..Buhari does not have the character or balls to pull of such ..even Diezani he has not been able to arrest yet
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
I'd post my comment on the other thread here.

Another attempt to rewrite history. The leadership of Nigeria has always being corrupt. In fact, the first coup was claimed to be an attempt to wipe out corruption. Nigeria has always being corrupt.

All those sweet stories of transparency in the 60s, 70s, and 80s are all lies told by old men who never really followed the news and research in their teenage and youth years like some youths do now.

Same lies may be told in fifty years time by same breed of old men(who were dumb youths) on how the men of this our decade were more moral and intelligent.

That's the cycle of lies we get when uninformed people get old. They define the world from their myopic spring of events and the interpretation they swallowed.

To them, everything in the news is true not knowing that EVERY media house in thus world was created to protect the interest of their owners. Aljazeera, BBC, CNN, Fox, DW, France24, CCTV, RT, AIT, TVC, Channels, etc.

First it was IBB and how the Maradona dribbled everybody in an I-Chop-You-Chop system even though a study of history punches so much of that lie. OBJ didn't introduce corruption to Nigeria.
Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by Cjrane2: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
Yes, Obasanjo is the father of corruption.
But the dulllard knows better not to mess with OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
Cjrane2:
Yes, Obasanjo is the father of corruption.
But the dulllard knows better not to mess with OBJ.
No, he's not. Corruption resides in the mind of every president, prime minister and prime minister this country ever produced. Nobody is the father of anything.

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Government House Account Absconds With Governors $4.6million / Group Petitions EFCC Over N256billion Fraud By Former Gov. Peter Obi / Photo. PMB Accused Of Corruption By Newswatch Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.