Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

The Confessions Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Is Shutting Down His Company - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Confessions Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Is Shutting Down His Company (618 Views)

Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant / Gomyway Is Shutting Down Business Operations In Nigeria / NB Weekly 7 - Francis Cole: The Confessions Of A Nigerian Shoemaker Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Confessions Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Is Shutting Down His Company by chaps2net: 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
I’m exhausted, it’s been a roller coaster for the past 12 years having started my first startup then and ever since, it’s been from one to the other.

I really felt I could succeed, I have read the right books, the right blogs. But in execution and drafting right business plans, I have fallen short. Maybe it’s time to change things a little, something is quite wrong I think.

The height of it was last year end, business was doing fairly well then everything started crashing. Somehow I survived the robbery at gun point in the middle and rallied round to try to make things work. But things were getting worse and every now and then the thought would always come around, “what if it all ends here?” “What if I just have an accident right now (while driving home at 11 pm on third mainland bridge)?” Maybe it was law of attraction but somehow I had an accident but in the daytime when I didn’t think about it.

I launched Showroom.ng almost 2 years now and within months with all the permutations (maybe strategy) we were on a super roll; the dream roll. I think personally I wasn’t introspective enough as I was just riding with the tide. That’s super wrong for a CEO, “you don’t just work in your company you work on it”, so they say. I only read it, I didn’t live it.

I personally won’t attribute the failure to wrong market, or wrong product. It was a wrong execution.

You can find the full story here: https://techpoint.ng/2016/08/24/sheriff-shittu-is-shutting-down-showroom-ng/

Re: The Confessions Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Is Shutting Down His Company by aleshsenior2000(m): 6:58am On Aug 25, 2016
It is still possible.

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why Shopping On 1nairashop Is Awesome And Why You Should Do It Now / Emirates Rejects Naira In Payment For Flight. The Guardian / Need A Tank Farm For Lease.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.