Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Prayers Powerful Than Troops, Ammunitions-gowon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers Powerful Than Troops, Ammunitions-gowon (414 Views)

Your Words Are More Powerful Than The Devil. / Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. / "Why Gowon Must Apologize To Igbos"-bishop Udeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prayers Powerful Than Troops, Ammunitions-gowon by shinystar(m): 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
Former Head of State General Yakabu Gowon has challenged Nigerians to intensify for the nation’s recovery.

Prayers, he said, will fix the country faster than anything else.

He spoke on Monday in Ibadan during the Nigeria Prays session at Rehoboth Cathedral.

Nigeria Prays is a project of the former Head of State for intercession across various capitals in the nation.

It has been on for several years across the breadth and length of the nation.

While thanking Nigerians for their fervent prayers, he said it won’t be in vain.

The convener of Nigeria Prays project said: “I can say this with every authority that prayer can solve problems better and faster than generals and soldiers can do with physical weapons of war.‎

“I have no doubt in my heart that God will honour our collective prayer and intercession for our dear nation and heal our nation of all challenges facing her.”

http://naijachurchnews.com/prayers-effective-guns-soldiers/
Re: Prayers Powerful Than Troops, Ammunitions-gowon by vincentico(m): 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nigerians have been praying since time immemorial when does it end

prayers without troops or ammunition haha I laff at their stupidity

abeg even the Israelites carry their swords and stones

so don't say prayers only.
Re: Prayers Powerful Than Troops, Ammunitions-gowon by wordcat(m): 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
shinystar:

Prayers, he said, will fix the country faster than anything else.

“I have no doubt in my heart that God will honour our collective prayer and intercession for our dear nation and heal our nation of all challenges facing her.”

from Gowon?

No wonder

(1) (Reply)

Is This Right? Truck Driva Praying On The Highway (see Photo) / IS Nigeria As Worst As This? / Pastor Docked For Marrying Mother, Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.