Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles (575 Views)

Autopsy Result Of Keleche Ineke (Graphic Photos) / Autopsy Of A Drug Mule: Stay Out Of Hard Drugs (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Autopsy Conducted On Ronke Shonde, Police Invite Alleged Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles by timmy247x: 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
24-08-2016

As part of our daily routine in bringing out more facts sorrounding juvenile Innocent Kokorifa’s murder, NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM today visited the Police Headquarters in Yenagoa to have an interview with the Commissioner of Police but met his absence.

Also in attendance at the meeting was the legal team representing the Innocent Kokorifa’s family, father of the deceased, Mr. Daniel Kokorifa and other family members.

The Commissioner of Police who spoke through Kekemor E O/C, Homicide at the police headquarters thanked the team for visiting the command pleaded with all parties to be calm and avoid unnecessary publications on papers and online discrediting the Nigeria Police Force as the state command placing premium on the case and ensure thorough investigations are carried out to the best of their abilities

O/C Kekemor also stated that evidences tendered against Innocent Kokorifa by men of the police force who carried out the operations that led to the killing of the juvenile was weighty but assured the legal team and family of unbiased investigation which will clear every doubt surrounding the death of Innocent Kokorifa.

O/C Kekemor who earlier led a team of officers to the crime scene to ascertain more facts on the case said, a ballistic test and autopsy would be carried out on the remains of Innocent Kokorifa which was the most important part of the investigation and called for cooperation to ensure a speedy process as the state Commissioner of Police has issued a deadline to that effect.

The O/C Homicide who expressed sadness said, it was unfortunate for the incident to have happened in the first place but reiterated his readiness in following the matter to a logical conclusion advised both the lawyers and family to tender reasonable facts and evidences to drive home their points.

A member of the legal team who expressed his displeasure informed the O/C Homicide he was not happy seeing the officer (name withheld by the police) who admitted shooting Innocent from behind at the crime scene today for allegedly resisting arrest walk free. He also frowned at the statement signed by the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Butswat Asinim, indicting Innocent Kokorifa when investigations are still on. Mr Butswat said:

“On sighting the police and in a frantic bid to escape, the robbers fired at the police, the Police returned fire.

“One of the suspects sustained a bullet injury, while the others escaped, abandoning one locally made single barrel pistol, one live cartridge, one expended cartridge and wraps of substances suspected to be Indian hemp.

“The wounded suspect was arrested and taken to the Federal Medical Centre, for treatment, but died few hours later.

“The deceased suspect was later identified as one Innocent Kokorifa, male.

“Efforts have been intensified to arrest the fleeing suspects. Investigation is ongoing.”

In an address to the police, the lead counsel to the Kokorifa family, Chief Iwolo esq thanked the state command for their efforts in ensuring justice prevail at the end for Innocent Kokorifa, also stated he and his legal team would stop at nothing to bring those who killed the innocent young man to book but would cooperate with the police in all the processes.

WHAT THE WITNESSES SAID

NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM after the meeting at the Police Headquarters in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State had and a chat with few eyewitnesses to get more firsthand information.

First was his Aunt, miss Gbasiemokumor Lucky (Innocent Mother’s sister) who reported, her nephew Innocent Kokorifa visited her at the early hours of 11:AM to deliver N2,000 to her on the orders of her sister (Innocent’s Mother), the young lad couldn’t spend much time with her knowing he was on an errand left back home and all she could hear few minutes later was a gun shot that took Innocent Kokorifa’s life with loads of allegations on him.

Mother who corroborated miss Gbasiemokumor’s account of her son was however left to rest without too much burden by correspondents.

Also a welder from Kalabari, Rivers States, an eye witness at the crime scene who NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM would not want to declare identity due to the nature of the case right now, painted a clear picture of how Innocent Kokorifa was murdered.

The welder said, Innocent Kokorifa was walking back home when a the police van came in their Nigerian usual way to raid people without any offence.

He said, everyone ran except Innocent who was few metres away from them and all they could see and hear from afar was a gun shot with Innocent bowing to his knees and failing down as a prey in the hands of a predator and in a twinkle of an eye, the police van zoomed off with Innocent Kokorifa to an unknown destination and was surprised and shocking to hear they killed him because he resisted arrest by exchanging fire with them.

The eyewitness narrated that Innocent Kokorifa was one teenager he could vouch for at any given time because he was full of respect for elders and constituted authority and short of words on how an harmless boy was murdered in cold blood with so much allegations leveled against him even at death.

The session rounded up once more with the father’s account who has never drifted from previous interviews stated that it was painful for killing his son and more painful to label Innocent with cooked up lies.

The sorrowful Mr. Daniel Kokorifa with tears said: “on 18/8/2016, I (Daniel Kokorifa) received a call from my wife that Police shot our first son, Innocent Kokorifa.

“Confused, I instructed my wife to go to police station at Ekeki to inquire about the condition and whereabout of Innocent Kokorifa.

“My wife called to inform me that on getting to the station, she said ”Police shot my son”, but the Police retorted “do not say Police shot your son, so that Police will investigate the matter for you.

“However, they admonish and doctored her that she should say “bad boys shot her son.

“When my wife told me this, I left Port Harcourt where I was that moment by night bus and arrived Bayelsa around 23:00 hrs. (10:00 pm) thesame day (18/8/2016).

“I arrived Bayelsa and made efforts to locate the whereabout and condition of my son, but most Police station I reported to, claimed ignorance of the case.

“I went to the scene of the incidence at ‘Airforce Road’with my wife later that night and spotted some puddle of blood on the sand at ‘Airforce Road with the help of my torchlight.

“I retired home because of how late it was to continue searching for him the next day.

“On Friday, 19/8/2016 I returned to the place where Innocent was shot and inquired from a woman about the incident that happened the previous day.

“The woman said it was men of the Anti-Vice squad that came out the said day (18/8/2016) and shot at an unarmed boy.

“She told me that “the environment was peaceful and there was no cause for alarm until the Police in Jean and polo shirts came and shot a gun that was aimed at a small boy.

“When the boy fell down, he became lifeless. The Police prevented people from having a close look at the lifeless body.

“They shielded the body of the deceased from onlookers and threw it in their van, then they drove away with it.”

Recall, NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM was the prime publishers of this crime against humanity and has however followed the case till this moment. We promised to furnish the public with every details about this case until justice prevails.

#JusticeForInnocent

http://nextnewslive.com/ballistic-and-autopsy-to-be-carried-out-as-more-witnesses-confirm-innocent-harmless/
Re: Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles by Beamborla(f): 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nigerian police force...epitome of shame!
Re: Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles by timmy247x: 11:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
Beamborla:
Nigerian police force...epitome of shame!

They amuses even the devil
Re: Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 25, 2016
Should I start running from the police like I would an armed robber? Something Is not right.. I know say police they mad, but how and why dem go just shoot the poor innocent guy like that. Abi police Don turn assassin?
Re: Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles by timmy247x: 1:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
tobimillar:
Should I start running from the police like I would an armed robber? Something Is not right.. I know say police they mad, but how and why dem go just shoot the poor innocent guy like that. Abi police Don turn assassin?

Nigeria Police Force (NPF) wasting lives since 1901 angry
Re: Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles by timmy247x: 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2016
tobimillar:

Innocent’s Cause Attracts N10,000, As AIG Takes Up Case

The call for justice to prevail over murder of Juvenile Innocent Kokorifa by men of the Nigeria Police Force is gaining more attention as a good Samaritan donates to support efforts in achieving those behind the dastardly act.

NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM was briefed of the gesture by the prime mover of the #JusticeForInnocent movement and Human Rights Lawyer, Augustine Ebikebuna Aluzu yesterday while we were on a fact finding mission to the Police Headquarters Yenagoa.

Aluzu who however did not reveal identity of the donor to our reporter said, the sum of thousand naira (N10, 000) was forwarded to his account by a good Samaritan to support the family of deceased Innocent Kokorifa in any little form it may render them help.

Aluzu handed over the ten thousand naira (N10, 000) donations to Mr Daniels Kokorifa in the presence of our correspondent and other family members who expressed profound gratitude to the donor and more especially to a man dear to them, Mr Augustine Ebikebuna Aluzu for standing by them in a heartbreaking moment such as this. They also thanked NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM for being the only online media agency to have placed premium on the case and helped pushed the case to limelight.

In the same vain, the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) Of Police incharge of zone 5 has accepted to handle the murder case of Innocent Kokorifa personally.

The AIG who approved the petition forwarded to him by family of the deceased and have also ordered for a meeting one-on-one with him at Benin, Edo State capital. The news of the AIG’s interest on the murder of Innocent Kokorifa has risen dead hopes alive as involvement of higher police authority on the matter will help achieve positive result.

NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM as usual will follow up and update you with all outcome of the AIG’s involvement.

http://nextnewslive.com/innocents-cause-attracts-n10000-as-aig-takes-up-case/
Re: Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles by timmy247x: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
timmy247x:
24-08-2016

As part of our daily routine in bringing out more facts sorrounding juvenile Innocent Kokorifa’s murder, NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM today visited the Police Headquarters in Yenagoa to have an interview with the Commissioner of Police but met his absence.

Also in attendance at the meeting was the legal team representing the Innocent Kokorifa’s family, father of the deceased, Mr. Daniel Kokorifa and other family members.

The Commissioner of Police who spoke through Kekemor E O/C, Homicide at the police headquarters thanked the team for visiting the command pleaded with all parties to be calm and avoid unnecessary publications on papers and online discrediting the Nigeria Police Force as the state command placing premium on the case and ensure thorough investigations are carried out to the best of their abilities

O/C Kekemor also stated that evidences tendered against Innocent Kokorifa by men of the police force who carried out the operations that led to the killing of the juvenile was weighty but assured the legal team and family of unbiased investigation which will clear every doubt surrounding the death of Innocent Kokorifa.

O/C Kekemor who earlier led a team of officers to the crime scene to ascertain more facts on the case said, a ballistic test and autopsy would be carried out on the remains of Innocent Kokorifa which was the most important part of the investigation and called for cooperation to ensure a speedy process as the state Commissioner of Police has issued a deadline to that effect.

The O/C Homicide who expressed sadness said, it was unfortunate for the incident to have happened in the first place but reiterated his readiness in following the matter to a logical conclusion advised both the lawyers and family to tender reasonable facts and evidences to drive home their points.

A member of the legal team who expressed his displeasure informed the O/C Homicide he was not happy seeing the officer (name withheld by the police) who admitted shooting Innocent from behind at the crime scene today for allegedly resisting arrest walk free. He also frowned at the statement signed by the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Butswat Asinim, indicting Innocent Kokorifa when investigations are still on. Mr Butswat said:

“On sighting the police and in a frantic bid to escape, the robbers fired at the police, the Police returned fire.

“One of the suspects sustained a bullet injury, while the others escaped, abandoning one locally made single barrel pistol, one live cartridge, one expended cartridge and wraps of substances suspected to be Indian hemp.

“The wounded suspect was arrested and taken to the Federal Medical Centre, for treatment, but died few hours later.

“The deceased suspect was later identified as one Innocent Kokorifa, male.

“Efforts have been intensified to arrest the fleeing suspects. Investigation is ongoing.”

In an address to the police, the lead counsel to the Kokorifa family, Chief Iwolo esq thanked the state command for their efforts in ensuring justice prevail at the end for Innocent Kokorifa, also stated he and his legal team would stop at nothing to bring those who killed the innocent young man to book but would cooperate with the police in all the processes.

WHAT THE WITNESSES SAID

NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM after the meeting at the Police Headquarters in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State had and a chat with few eyewitnesses to get more firsthand information.

First was his Aunt, miss Gbasiemokumor Lucky (Innocent Mother’s sister) who reported, her nephew Innocent Kokorifa visited her at the early hours of 11:AM to deliver N2,000 to her on the orders of her sister (Innocent’s Mother), the young lad couldn’t spend much time with her knowing he was on an errand left back home and all she could hear few minutes later was a gun shot that took Innocent Kokorifa’s life with loads of allegations on him.

Mother who corroborated miss Gbasiemokumor’s account of her son was however left to rest without too much burden by correspondents.

Also a welder from Kalabari, Rivers States, an eye witness at the crime scene who NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM would not want to declare identity due to the nature of the case right now, painted a clear picture of how Innocent Kokorifa was murdered.

The welder said, Innocent Kokorifa was walking back home when a the police van came in their Nigerian usual way to raid people without any offence.

He said, everyone ran except Innocent who was few metres away from them and all they could see and hear from afar was a gun shot with Innocent bowing to his knees and failing down as a prey in the hands of a predator and in a twinkle of an eye, the police van zoomed off with Innocent Kokorifa to an unknown destination and was surprised and shocking to hear they killed him because he resisted arrest by exchanging fire with them.

The eyewitness narrated that Innocent Kokorifa was one teenager he could vouch for at any given time because he was full of respect for elders and constituted authority and short of words on how an harmless boy was murdered in cold blood with so much allegations leveled against him even at death.

The session rounded up once more with the father’s account who has never drifted from previous interviews stated that it was painful for killing his son and more painful to label Innocent with cooked up lies.

The sorrowful Mr. Daniel Kokorifa with tears said: “on 18/8/2016, I (Daniel Kokorifa) received a call from my wife that Police shot our first son, Innocent Kokorifa.

“Confused, I instructed my wife to go to police station at Ekeki to inquire about the condition and whereabout of Innocent Kokorifa.

“My wife called to inform me that on getting to the station, she said ”Police shot my son”, but the Police retorted “do not say Police shot your son, so that Police will investigate the matter for you.

“However, they admonish and doctored her that she should say “bad boys shot her son.

“When my wife told me this, I left Port Harcourt where I was that moment by night bus and arrived Bayelsa around 23:00 hrs. (10:00 pm) thesame day (18/8/2016).

“I arrived Bayelsa and made efforts to locate the whereabout and condition of my son, but most Police station I reported to, claimed ignorance of the case.

“I went to the scene of the incidence at ‘Airforce Road’with my wife later that night and spotted some puddle of blood on the sand at ‘Airforce Road with the help of my torchlight.

“I retired home because of how late it was to continue searching for him the next day.

“On Friday, 19/8/2016 I returned to the place where Innocent was shot and inquired from a woman about the incident that happened the previous day.

“The woman said it was men of the Anti-Vice squad that came out the said day (18/8/2016) and shot at an unarmed boy.

“She told me that “the environment was peaceful and there was no cause for alarm until the Police in Jean and polo shirts came and shot a gun that was aimed at a small boy.

“When the boy fell down, he became lifeless. The Police prevented people from having a close look at the lifeless body.

“They shielded the body of the deceased from onlookers and threw it in their van, then they drove away with it.”

Recall, NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM was the prime publishers of this crime against humanity and has however followed the case till this moment. We promised to furnish the public with every details about this case until justice prevails.

#JusticeForInnocent

http://nextnewslive.com/ballistic-and-autopsy-to-be-carried-out-as-more-witnesses-confirm-innocent-harmless/

Innocent’s Cause Attracts N10,000, As AIG Takes Up Case

The call for justice to prevail over murder of Juvenile Innocent Kokorifa by men of the Nigeria Police Force is gaining more attention as a good Samaritan donates to support efforts in achieving those behind the dastardly act.

NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM was briefed of the gesture by the prime mover of the #JusticeForInnocent movement and Human Rights Lawyer, Augustine Ebikebuna Aluzu yesterday while we were on a fact finding mission to the Police Headquarters Yenagoa.

Aluzu who however did not reveal identity of the donor to our reporter said, the sum of thousand naira (N10, 000) was forwarded to his account by a good Samaritan to support the family of deceased Innocent Kokorifa in any little form it may render them help.

Aluzu handed over the ten thousand naira (N10, 000) donations to Mr Daniels Kokorifa in the presence of our correspondent and other family members who expressed profound gratitude to the donor and more especially to a man dear to them, Mr Augustine Ebikebuna Aluzu for standing by them in a heartbreaking moment such as this. They also thanked NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM for being the only online media agency to have placed premium on the case and helped pushed the case to limelight.

In the same vain, the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) Of Police incharge of zone 5 has accepted to handle the murder case of Innocent Kokorifa personally.

The AIG who approved the petition forwarded to him by family of the deceased and have also ordered for a meeting one-on-one with him at Benin, Edo State capital. The news of the AIG’s interest on the murder of Innocent Kokorifa has risen dead hopes alive as involvement of higher police authority on the matter will help achieve positive result.

NEXTNEWSLIVE.COM as usual will follow up and update you with all outcome of the AIG’s involvement.

http://nextnewslive.com/innocents-cause-attracts-n10000-as-aig-takes-up-case/
Re: Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles by timmy247x: 9:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
timmy247x:

They amuses even the devil
BREAKING: Police Detains Killer Of Innocent Kokorifa

——Aluzu Ebikebuna Augustine

YENAGOA

25/8/2016

Reports reaching me from a reliable source has it that Killer Policeman of Innocent has just been arrested and detained. His name; Vincent (Withheld)

Arrest of the police officer is coming bearly 24hours on Assistant Inspector Police (AIG) in charge of zone 5, formally taking over of the case.

More details soon….
Re: Ballistic & Autopsy To Be Carried Out As More Witnesses Confirm Innocent Harmles by agwom(m): 4:15am On Aug 26, 2016
hmm

(1) (Reply)

I Killed My Girlfriend For The Fun Of It, Says 22-yr-old Student / Doctor Thief: Medical Doctor Turn Armed Robber / Funny! Man Brutalised Wife For Praising Buhari's Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.