Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (35904 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
[size=14pt]City Needs To Respect Perfect Barcelona[/size]

Messi scored three minutes into his return for Barcelona in a 4-0 demolition of Deportivo La Coruna in the Spanish La Liga.

The Argentine genius showed why Manchester City needs to respect the Catalans as they arrive Camp Nou for their third Champions League game this season.

Sky Sports revealed that, Enrique believes the goal is ideal preparation for facing former team-mate Pep Guardiola in the coming week.

After an international break with most of the players of Barcelona away, Barcelona showed that they are in perfect condition. Their players returned to the team and played brilliantly.

With Lionel Messi returning to the team and showing that he is ready for the big attractive game against Manchester City, City needs to know they are up against a difficult task.

Manchester City did not win any game in their last three matches. Although, the team showed improvement in the game against Everton. City dominated Everton and created a lot of chances. They did not allow Everton keep the ball and the defenders showed composure during counter attacks.

Barcelona played well and City players need to work hard to stop Barcelona from having a good game against them. The Catalans are a great team, with hard work and sticking to the team's plan, we can cause Barcelona problems.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/city-needs-to-respect-perfect-barcelona.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2016
[size=14pt]City Has A Realistic Expectation This Season[/size]

Manchester City do not expect to walk away with titles without a fight. From the interviews of the coaches and players, it is clear City respects the teams they will face this season.

The early results of winning ten consecutive games gave some an unrealistic expectation of Manchester City walking away with titles. Not the players of City and definitely not Guardiola.

In interviews, Guardiola repeated that the team is not ready and will take time to adapt to his methods. There are great teams like Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and other teams that work hard to make league tough.

Manchester City is in a tough group in the Champions League and City expects a tough challenge from every team we face.

Manchester Evening News reports that, Harry Redknapp claimed that Manchester City are "overrated" after flying start under Pep Guardiola.

People might have unrealistic expectations of Manchester City but the City coaches and players know they are a work in progress. The team aims at getting better with every game.

Guardiola's impact on the team showed in the game against Everton. The players worked hard and pressed high. They made the game uncomfortable for Everton and the team looked fresh throughout the game.

Despite the team not winning, they showed that in the long run, the team will win lots of games. That does not mean City has an unrealistic expectation.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/city-has-realistic-expectation-this.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
Av got so much question for pep
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
Bravo can't save a drowning fish
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
LOL
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sad loss but our players fought hard and showed the team is getting stronger. It was an unfair result compared to the work we put in.

Props to the boys for giving their best and I expect results to swing in our favor soon.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Sad loss but our players fought hard and showed the team is getting stronger. It was an unfair result compared to the work we put in.

Props to the boys for giving their best and I expect results to swing in our favor soon.
The sqaud was perfectly ok. Except the false 9 and I don't understand pep intention. But to my understanding its like going for a draw, apart from that we are perfect if not for our keeper.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
justicejay:

The sqaud was perfectly ok. Except the false 9 and I don't understand pep intention. But to my understanding its like going for a draw, apart from that we are perfect if not for our keeper.

When Barcelona plays, they play like if they have extra men on the field. Aguero’s work rate is not up to the level of Suarez. You do not see Aguero on the wings a lot and dropping deep to build up play.

The reason why we looked solid, especially in the first half was because De Bruyne did a lot of work to press and drop deep.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:31am On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When Barcelona plays, they play like if they have extra men on the field. Aguero’s work rate is not up to the level of Suarez. You do not see Aguero on the wings a lot and dropping deep to build up play.

The reason why we looked solid, especially in the first half was because De Bruyne did a lot of work to press and drop deep.
I agree, but our conversation was so poor up front, chance were heavily created from both wing but nobody to convert it.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by pkasso(m): 9:00am On Oct 20, 2016
The honeymoon is over for Pep. No win in City's last 4 matches. The team is just one loss away from a full-blown crisis. Last night, another of Pep's flaws were laid bare again. I love Pep to bits but there is no denying he needs to adapt. All this talk about sticking to his philosophy, come rain come shine isn't it. He is going to have to be pragmatic at times. City have a long way to go in competing with some of Europe's elite. For all the beautiful attacking football, the defence is a freaking basket leaking goals. They have only kept out two teams this seasons, Steaua B and Bournemouth. So much for paying almost 50 million pounds for Stones. I have this picture of Yaya Toure and Dmitri Seluk laughing at Pep's change in fortunes in my mind. As a lover of good football, i hope this is only a blip in form. Up next is an in-form Southampton side. Another draw or loss would be devastating. By the way, great job on the thread, TheGoodJoe.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
pkasso:
The honeymoon is over for Pep. No win in City's last 4 matches. The team is just one loss away from a full-blown crisis. Last night, another of Pep's flaws were laid bare again. I love Pep to bits but there is no denying he needs to adapt. All this talk about sticking to his philosophy, come rain come shine isn't it. He is going to have to be pragmatic at times. City have a long way to go in competing with some of Europe's elite. For all the beautiful attacking football, the defence is a freaking basket leaking goals. They have only kept out two teams this seasons, Steaua B and Bournemouth. So much for paying almost 50 million pounds for Stones. I have this picture of Yaya Toure and Dmitri Seluk laughing at Pep's change in fortunes in my mind. As a lover of good football, i hope this is only a blip in form. Up next is an in-form Southampton side. Another draw or loss would be devastating. By the way, great job on the thread, TheGoodJoe.

Contrary to the gloom picture you paint, I see different. We did not expect an easy ride and the wins came too early and people feel we are top notch. We are not but a growing team getting to understand the philosophy. With time, we will get better.

In the game against Everton, we had
Possession
Man City - 73%
Everton - 27%

Shots
Man City - 19
Everton - 3

Shots on goal
Man City - 8
Everton - 2

Corners
Man City - 13
Everton - 1

We were totally on top of Everton, missed two penalty kicks and the referee missed a clear foul in the box on Sane. It was a brilliant performance but the result did not go our way. I doubt we are close to a crisis.

As long as we keep playing well, the results will come. What matters is our players adapting to the coaches way. We are close, our problems are individual errors and not style of play.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
pkasso:

Against Barcelona, we had 10 goal attempts, in a game we went down a player early, while Barcelona had 12. It shows that we are getting better.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
[size=14pt]City Played With Huge Personality Against Barcelona[/size]

Many found it disturbing that Guardiola chose to drop Aguero in the starting line-up of Manchester City's biggest match so far this season. It was an exciting game for the neutrals but it was a disappointing 4-0 loss for the Cityzens.

Guardiola chose Kevin De Bruyne to play as a false 9 in the game and the Belgian showed a different dimension to our attacking play.

De Bruyne worked hard, kept the Barcelona keeper under pressure and forced him to make some wayward clearances. Kevin De Bruyne's work rate up front made it difficult for the brilliant Barcelona players to keep the ball.

De Bruyne created chances for his team-mates and tracked back quickly to help keep the midfield compact. It was an eye-opener to see how fluid movements up front can make the team stronger.

Despite losing, the City players showed growth in the tough game. They worked hard and played at a high intensity for a long time. Even though the result did not go our way, they showed that City is heading in the right direction with Guardiola.

The forward players did not take their chances but they created a lot of them. Aguero might convert those chances but we would not put that kind of pressure with Aguero in the team. Which means we might not create that same amount of chances.

Manchester Evening News reports that, Pep Guardiola believes Manchester City did well knowing where we have come from and who we are.

The taste of the loss was sour but the promise of City's performance was promising. Claudio Bravo's wrong decision spoilt the game's balance but Caballero's performance was impressive. His choices with the ball was interesting and he gave some long balls that got to his target.

Sterling grew into the game and he is getting comfortable playing at a high intensity which is interesting.

The recent results is not exciting but as long as we keep playing well, the gold results will come.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/city-played-with-huge-personality.html?m=0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by pkasso(m): 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Contrary to the gloom picture you paint, I see different. We did not expect an easy ride and the wins came too early and people feel we are top notch. We are not but a growing team getting to understand the philosophy. With time, we will get better.

In the game against Everton, we had
Possession
Man City - 73%
Everton - 27%

Shots
Man City - 19
Everton - 3

Shots on goal
Man City - 8
Everton - 2

Corners
Man City - 13
Everton - 1

We were totally on top of Everton, missed two penalty kicks and the referee missed a clear foul in the box on Sane. It was a brilliant performance but the result did not go our way. I doubt we are close to a crisis.

As long as we keep playing well, the results will come. What matters is our players adapting to the coaches way. We are close, our problems are individual errors and not style of play.
I didn't mean to sound like a prophet of doom. I understand Pep's project is at a formative stage and there will be a few teething problems here and there. Obviously, City will benefit in the long run. You guys were very unlucky not to beat Everton. The team played well, I agree. But Pep still needs to work on that defense. His teams are not known for their defensive strength but the frequency with which City concede is a cause for concern. He probably thinks it's not a big deal as long as he outscores his opponents but that is no always going to be the case.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
pkasso:
I didn't mean to sound like a prophet of doom. I understand Pep's project is at a formative stage and there will be a few teething problems here and there. Obviously, City will benefit in the long run. You guys were very unlucky not to beat Everton. The team played well, I agree. But Pep still needs to work on that defense. His teams are not known for their defensive strength but the frequency with which City concede is a cause for concern. He probably thinks it's not a big deal as long as he outscores his opponents but that is no always going to be the case.

We lost the chance to sign Bonucci who Juve refused to sell. Laporte turned down Manchester City after negotiating. Kompany Is still battling fitness.

Guardiola signed a lot of forward players and he will certainly add to the defence.

What matters is that we are playing well. The players worked hard and as long as we keep playing well, fortune will favor us.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
[size=14pt]It Takes Decades To Build A Team Like Barcelona[/size]

Manchester City lost 4-0 to Barcelona in a thrilling battle. The game looked promising until Messi intelligently helped Barcelona take the lead after some defensive errors from Manchester City.

Despite the loss, the Cityzens showed determination, hardwork and perseverance in the game. We saw a new phase in the team's development. City kept Barcelona uncomfortable throughout the game and pressed at a high intensity for a long time.

Kolarov showed a brilliant perspective of the game with repeated long balls from the left side of the defence to the right wing.

City looked strong but their individual errors let them down. Nolito, Kevin De Bruyne, Sterling, Gundogan, Stones, Otamendi, Kolarov and Fernandinho showed passion in the game.

Barcelona played this way for decades, that is why they can cope at playing at such intensity game after game. The Cityzens showed they are adapting fast to the philosophy.

It took Guardiola months to get the team playing his philosophy but it will take a long time to make the team do well in many games.

The team is showing progress and Guardiola won a lot of trophies with his system. It is a system that brought him success for a long time and if the players adapt fully to it, we can expect better results.

Sky Sports reports that, Pep Guardiola launched a defence of his philosophy, insisting he would sooner quit Manchester City and go back to Spain than change his style.

Guardiola made a lot of changes in the team, so it will take time for the team to reach the height he wants. The signs are there that City will become great with his methods but we should not expect overnight changes.

It will take time and the arrival of more players to make the complete change Guardiola wants. He will also promote and develop players from the academy to get ye quality he wants.

With time we will get to where Guardiola wants but the change will not happen fast. It took Barcelona decades, from the time Johan Cruyff coached the side to get to where they are today.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/it-takes-decades-to-build-team-like.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
[size=14pt]Bravo Is Key To City's Possession-heavy Revolution[/size]

Claudio Bravo came under heavy criticisms after his mistake led to Barcelona extending their lead with two quick successive goals.

Many wondered if Guardiola made the right choice, letting Joe Hart go. Joe Hart would not take that much risk and seemed a better option in-goal.

It looks good when looked from saves and clearance perspective. If we look into Guardiola's possession-heavy style of play, it is clear, Claudio Bravo is the better option.

Since Bravo's arrival at the Etihad, he made some brilliant saves. That is not what makes him stand out. It is his confidence on the ball. He does not panic under pressure.

In the game against Barcelona, ter Stegen panicked when City pressed and cleared the ball out in a wayward fashion. If that was Bravo, those where good opportunities to build goal scoring chances. He would keep the ball, absorb pressure and make intelligent passes that puts us ahead of the pressing team.

It is a risky approach but an approach that makes us stronger in the long run.

If we must adapt to the multiple title-winning philosophy of Pep Guardiola, we need Claudio Bravo in-goal and the other goalkeepers of City playing that way.

If we continue playing this way, we will keep getting stronger. Claudio Bravo has a high percentage of completed passes since he arrived the Etihad and it shows he is the right man to help City get their possession-heavy revolution.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/bravo-is-key-to-city-possession-heavy.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
[size=14pt]City Players Should Focus On The Next Game And Not Run Of Games Without Winning[/size]

Pep Guardiola's former team, Barcelona thrashed Manchester City 4-0 at the Camp Nou and City have not won a game in four matches.

Manchester City drew in a tight contest with Celtic in the Champions League. They lost their first game of the season in a thrilling encounter against the only unbeaten team in the English Premier League, Tottenham Hotspur. Manchester City had an impressive performance against Everton in the English Premier League but the game ended a draw after City players, Sergio Aguero and Kevin De Bruyne failed to convert two penalty kicks.

The thrashing of Barcelona was the second loss of Manchester City this season but not winning in four games does not show how good City played in the last four games.

In these games, City created chances, played well but errors let the team down. It is up to Guardiola to work on the players, to cut off these errors.

If City keeps improving the way they are playing and cut off the errors, they can win a high amount of their games.

In the game against Barcelona, the players showed that they could play at a high intensity for a long time. This is a big achievement by Pep Guardiola and it showed the big decisions he made for the team yielded fruits.

When City went a man down after a mistake from Claudio Bravo made the referee send him off, City kept on playing at a high intensity.

They left gaps, Barcelona punished the team but it showed how brave the team is.

Fortune favours the brave. If Manchester City players keep playing in a brave fashion, a run without winning will become a thing of the past.

City needs to forget about recent results and draw strength from the way they played. They are getting stronger. Individually, the players are improving and in a short time, the results will swing in their favour.

They need to set their minds on how to improve their performances against the next team and impose our philosophy during the game. City needs to focus on a better performance against the next team and the results will come.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/city-players-should-focus-on-next-game.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 6:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[size=14pt]Bravo Is Key To City's Possession-heavy Revolution[/size]

Claudio Bravo came under heavy criticisms after his mistake led to Barcelona extending their lead with two quick successive goals.

Many wondered if Guardiola made the right choice, letting Joe Hart go. Joe Hart would not take that much risk and seemed a better option in-goal.

It looks good when looked from saves and clearance perspective. If we look into Guardiola's possession-heavy style of play, it is clear, Claudio Bravo is the better option.

Since Bravo's arrival at the Etihad, he made some brilliant saves. That is not what makes him stand out. It is his confidence on the ball. He does not panic under pressure.

In the game against Barcelona, ter Stegen panicked when City pressed and cleared the ball out in a wayward fashion. If that was Bravo, those where good opportunities to build goal scoring chances. He would keep the ball, absorb pressure and make intelligent passes that puts us ahead of the pressing team.

It is a risky approach but an approach that makes us stronger in the long run.

If we must adapt to the multiple title-winning philosophy of Pep Guardiola, we need Claudio Bravo in-goal and the other goalkeepers of City playing that way.

If we continue playing this way, we will keep getting stronger. Claudio Bravo has a high percentage of completed passes since he arrived the Etihad and it shows he is the right man to help City get their possession-heavy revolution.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/bravo-is-key-to-city-possession-heavy.html?m=0
As for me oooo. I don't cherish bravo style, I didn't mean he is not good but I don't fancy him atall, not that am just saying it now. But since he came to city. My heart skipped whenever he is with the ball. I prefer having a goalkeeper at the goal post than a midfielder.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
justicejay:

As for me oooo. I don't cherish bravo style, I didn't mean he is not good but I don't fancy him atall, not that am just saying it now. But since he came to city. My heart skipped whenever he is with the ball. I prefer having a goalkeeper at the goal post than a midfielder.

That is the sweet part of Bravo's game. The mistake against Barcelona is his first that led to a goal. That shows his strength. It looks frightening but he creates room for the team to excel.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is the sweet part of Bravo's game. The mistake against Barcelona is his first that led to a goal. That shows his strength. It looks frightening but he creates room for the team to excel.
I don't like us linking game. Especially when we are on tie level with the opponent, but pep doesn't see that as a problem as far as he is out scoring the opposite team. But our front line is not converting the chances into net right now. There fore pep should take cleansheet serious.
And more so about kun, don't you think their is a little problem btw kun and pep. Initially I thought its tactical, but since he didn't start against a mighty barca I am thinking there is more than tactical change. Or what do you think thegoodjoe
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
justicejay:

I don't like us linking game. Especially when we are on tie level with the opponent, but pep doesn't see that as a problem as far as he is out scoring the opposite team. But our front line is not converting the chances into net right now. There fore pep should take cleansheet serious.
And more so about kun, don't you think their is a little problem btw kun and pep. Initially I thought its tactical, but since he didn't start against a mighty barca I am thinking there is more than tactical change. Or what do you think thegoodjoe

Guardiola believes the system works. We played well against Everton and Barcelona. So Guardiola will not change his style but develop the players to perform better in each position.

So we expect the forwards to keep improving and the goals will come.

I believe there is a problem between Aguero and Guardiola. I hope they sort it out soon.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Guardiola believes the system works. We played well against Everton and Barcelona. So Guardiola will not change his style but develop the players to perform better in each position.

So we expect the forwards to keep improving and the goals will come.

I believe there is a problem between Aguero and Guardiola. I hope they sort it out soon.
I hope so too.
We played excellently well against our last 2opponet but don't u think pep needs a plan B for those bus parking team like wat d tooffee did
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
justicejay:

I hope so too.
We played excellently well against our last 2opponet but don't u think pep needs a plan B for those bus parking team like wat d tooffee did

That is where individual brilliance comes in. Players like Sane and Sterling can win fouls and penalties in those situations.

Very few teams can park bus successfully against Barcelona. That is what Guardiola wants to do with City.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
Awful 1st half. We can't take this spirit to traford. Not quarter of the performance we put on in camp nou...looked like a tired team the defense is still shocking. Conceded 11goals in 5games? That's not the kind of defense we are looking for .pep should crush some ball inside. looking forward to a better performance.COYC
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
Yes now that's what am talking about. Bring on the my boy nacho, bring on the spirit. Game on..

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
Well if we have the last minutes performance in 1st half it would have been a different story.
We should start playing a fast tiki taka.

Cleaning my glasses while waiting for goodjoe analysis and rating.
Adjusting my sit for chelsea game.
Am rooting chelsea here.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
justicejay:
Awful 1st half. We can't take this spirit to traford. Not quarter of the performance we put on in camp nou...looked like a tired team the defense is still shocking. Conceded 11goals in 5games? That's not the kind of defense we are looking for .pep should crush some ball inside. looking forward to a better performance.COYC

The age of our team tells. Many will still go. We need a younger defence line and I hope we secure some good talents.

A better performance from City in the second half because of the energy Nacho brought.

Far from the team we saw in the game against Barcelona
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by pkasso(m): 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
I've got African China's 'Crisis' playing on repeat specially for City.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6IU2jlyYBU. This is unfamiliar territory for Pep. I don't think he has gone 5 matches without a win in his coaching career. Games vs Utd and Barca on the horizon. This could get ugly.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2016
pkasso:
I've got African China's 'Crisis' playing on repeat specially for City.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6IU2jlyYBU. This is unfamiliar territory for Pep. I don't think he has gone 5 matches without a win in his coaching career. Games vs Utd and Barca on the horizon. This could get ugly.

No crisis at all. It is an aging squad. If I am correct, we are still on top the table after finishing fourth last season. Unless you expected magic. It takes time to make changes.

Guardiola went five games without a win his first season as Barcelona's manager.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The age of our team tells. Many will still go. We need a younger defence line and I hope we secure some good talents.

A better performance from City in the second half because of the energy Nacho brought.

Far from the team we saw in the game against Barcelona
Sure...by next year/next season we gonna have enough young players with the exodus that its about to happen in january

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2016
[size=14pt]City Players Need To Cut The Errors[/size]

Manchester City expected to turn around the fortunes of not winning a game in the last four matches played. After a good display against Everton and a hard-fought loss against Barcelona, this was a chance to increase the gap between the top teams on the table.

City kept possession as the game against Southampton started but the players were not sharp on the ball. That was it. The were not alert of the positions of the pressing Southampton players and made repeated faulty passes.

Despite the pressure from the Southampton forward three players, City players could cope and create chances for the forward lines. City players paid for their lack of sharpness through a terrible error from Stones which continued the real reason City have not won in their last five matches. Errors.

Kolarov, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Bravo and Stones have their shares in these errors. This is a tough task for Guardiola because he can set-up the team to play well. He can drill them on how to make sleek passes. He can train them to play at a high intensity but how does he train them to cut their errors.

It is up to the players to know they are responsible for the poor results. It is not the manager or his system of play.

The players need to stay sharp and make simple decisions. They should not take a long time to make their passing decisions. The players should stop trying to play elegantly and keep it simple.

They should watch out for their free players and pass the ball quickly. Stones was at fault today. In the last match, Fernandinho slipped earlier in the game and Bravo made some horrendous choices that caused the referee to send him off.

City players need to stop this because they can play well. They can dominate the league but it is up to the players to rise up. They should make the right choices and save the fans heartaches.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/city-players-need-to-cut-errors.html?m=0

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Southampton (2 - 0) On 19th August 2016 / Chelsea vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On 17th Spetember 2017 / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 22nd March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.