Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion (5246 Views)

FFK: "Why Ibe Kachikwu Has Not Seen Buhari. PMB Sees All Southerners As Slaves" / North Cautions Yoruba, Southerners On Clamour For 1963 Constitution / Return Home Now, Afenifere Tells Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by ShalomX: 8:43am On Aug 26, 2016
obailala:
Bro, Chinakwe's tribe or his decision to be termed Deltan or Anioma instead of Igbo doesn't really have any bearing on this case. The point I tried to stress on this thread is that Hausas are like sacred cows simply because their leaders treat them as such when it involves a case with non-hausas. I am sick and tired of hearing this age long nonsense of Hausas being treated like first class citizens while others are not. Whose fault is it that Hausa leaders care about their people while non-hausa leaders (especially southerners) don't?

The other day the paedophile Yinusa was granted bail and the poor abokii boy was flown first class back to Kano on sponsorship of a northern elite (he probably has never been on a plane in his life). The other day hausa miscreants who were arrested in Lagos following a rampage were all bailed and given stipends by senator kwankwaso. But here we are today, Chinakwe a Delta man who hasn't committed any crime is being detained for a silly case of 'provocation' but not a single leader or elite from his region thinks they should step in. Then we come online and see supposedly educated southerners wailing and gnashing their teeth about how Hausas are treated like kings and instead of directing this anger to the southern leaders, they choose to throw insults at the north for being responsible to their citizens.

Apparently down south, our leaders never fight for the people, rather it is the people who foolishly fight for the personal interests of the leaders whenever they are embroiled in one corruption case or the other.

..........and we forget the silver lining that enhaces the so-called brotherhood and unity, it's their culture-like religion which is intricately woven into politics.

It's really more complex than we want to believe.

But I do agree with you that political leaders in the South are not near as protective of their constituents. Their ineptitude does not only manifest in this issue but in so many other areas compared to their Northern counterpart, but that's a story for another day.
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by attackgat: 9:21am On Aug 26, 2016
obailala:
Where was his senator, his governor and other igbo leaders and elite when this was happening to him?

That's the wrong question. Why should there still be tribalism and victimisation in the Nigerian Police force? If the senators and leaders should be rushing to save their own all the time, then what are we doing as 'one Nigeria'? We
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by obailala(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2016
attackgat:

That's the wrong question. Why should there still be tribalism and victimisation in the Nigerian Police force? If the senators and leaders should be rushing to save their own all the time, then what are we doing as 'one Nigeria'? We
Unfortunately, Nigeria is not a sane or civil society, the madness can only be matched. There's a law in Nigeria that says "the first to report the case is innocent." The man was arrested because someone reported him. Meanwhile if you report northerners even when they commit a real crime, within 24 hours, the suspects would be released. It's not magic, it happens because someone big made a phone call or someone big came down to the station to effect that release.

So next time a person like Chinakwe is arrested for a flimsy reason, someone big from his side should make that call too, that's how this jungle works; for how long are we going to keep whining and weeping everyday and blaming the north like we don't have our own leaders down south? If the northerners can release theirs, why can't we?... Oh I forgot, the only thing our leaders down south know how to do is to cater for their personal pockets, they only remember they have constituents whenever they are caught red-handed in some corruption case.
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by modath(f): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pr0gressive01:
Since every right thinking person is beginning to tell this government the truth, I have decided to drop my sai baba life and ask this government to sit up now.

I ask all nairalanders to forgive me for shouting sai baba all my life.

I have received the anti zombie serum and I have been cured. cheesy

God bless Beremx & modath.

I have been delivered. grin grin grin

No comment!

Try another one! cool
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by attackgat: 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
obailala:
Unfortunately, Nigeria is not a sane or civil society, the madness can only be matched. There's a law in Nigeria that says "the first to report the case is innocent." The man was arrested because someone reported him. Meanwhile if you report northerners even when they commit a real crime, within 24 hours, the suspects would be released. It's not magic, it happens because someone big made a phone call or someone big came down to the station to effect that release.

So next time a person like Chinakwe is arrested for a flimsy reason, someone big from his side should make that call too, that's how this jungle works; for how long are we going to keep whining and weeping everyday and blaming the north like we don't have our own leaders down south? If the northerners can release theirs, why can't we?... Oh I forgot, the only thing our leaders down south know how to do is to cater for their personal pockets, they only remember they have constituents whenever they are caught red-handed in some corruption case.

And it all goes to buttress the fact that we are wasting our time together. We should all go our different ways and manage our selves and make our own laws. That way, when people like Chinakwe go to a foreign land, e.g the North, he will conform to their way of doing things, and if he doesn't , he only has himself to blame. We can't keep claiming to be 'one Nigeria' when the law applies different to different people. Chinakwe does not have to live by a strange constitution that gives him freedom of expression but takes it away when he is in a 'Hausa dominated area'. I should not have be a citizen of a country with a Northern dominated armed forces that thinks Igbos are trouble makers.
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by mikolo80: 12:05am On Aug 27, 2016
attackgat:

Better to have fought and lost than to embrace cowardice out of fear of losing.
better still to win without even fighting.ask awo
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by DLioness(f): 12:20am On Aug 27, 2016
evilapc:
The truth is always straightforward. ..southern Nigerians have been conditioned as slaves to the core northern Nigerians
minus me oh!
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by attackgat: 7:10am On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=mikolo80 post=48833974] better still to win without even fighting.ask awo[/quote

No need asking a man who thinks or thought that sovereignty comes out of the a$$ of Northerners.
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by mikolo80: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=attackgat post=48837018][/quote] how many times dem contradict am. Had to assassinate the man cos him just de do them anyhow anyhow
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by keyremotes(m): 10:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
ARREST A NORTHERNER IN LAGOS. IN LESS THAN AN HOUR THEY ARE RELEASED.
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by Biafman: 11:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
Midgut:
This has to stop!
Northerners are not sacred cows!
They are not elites nor nobles, while we commoners-------we are equal! We Southerners are contributing more to the economy than these ignorant, religiously intoxicated illiterates!
Obviously they are sacred cows only in the minds of their slaves, the yorubas. Never at anytime any Igbo will accept that their rubbish and they know it very well.
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by Biafman: 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
keyremotes:
ARREST A NORTHERNER IN LAGOS. IN LESS THAN AN HOUR THEY ARE RELEASED.
Arrest a northerner anywhere in the South east, and the bastered will spend time for his office. They can only do that their rubbish in South West where they are feared and respected as masters.
Re: Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion by EazyMoh(m): 6:57am On Aug 28, 2016
The day southerners begin to see the northerners as partners instead of rivals is the day Nigeria will begin to develop.
We never wanted this amalgamated Nigeria in the first place.
About the guy naming a dog Buhari, imagine this; a Hausa man writing 'Odimegwu Ojukwu' on a pig and parading it through Ariaria market, what do you think the Igbos in the market would do? Would they just laugh and take pictures? Or just look away? Certainly not!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: / Breaking:Amaechi, ALL Ministers From The South-east Missing From Osibanjo's List / PointBlank News:President Yar'adua Now Mentally Ill. . . Saudi Doctors Plan To Give Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.