Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Closed - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (79935 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by Resido: 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

when engine idle, or at all times? If at all times, you are low on Gas, which could be caused by a leak, leak is normal if vehicle a.c has been in use for a long time e.g I used my honda city 2007 from 2008-2014 without re-filling gas. If it is a recurrent problem you have an unresolved leak, which could be from the pipes, joints,compressor, or evaporator.

When idle, cools after a while of driving. Got it like 4mnths ago. Wasn't expecting any issues this early.
I stay in Lokoja, kogi state getting a real AC tech is almost impossible
Re: Closed by dukeo(m): 2:21am On Sep 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
If you have vehicle air-conditioning issues, or want to learn more about how the system works, this thread is for you.

Also there is a whatsapp group for any one who wants further consultation on a.c issues.

Contact me on 08033910382 and you will be added.

Thanks sir for this thread. I've almost given up although the challenge I'm having is partly related to one I read earlier on this thread. When I put on the AC, it doesn't cool much until I accelerate or rev the car then it starts cooling. I have also observed that the ac increases engine temperature when turned on but once the temperature of the engine rises especially on sunny days, the engine+the car vibrates like hell, only thing is that it doesn't go off like the other fellows own. When you park under that kind of condition and look at the odometer, it's reading almost zero.

Took it to the mechanic and asked them to increase the firing as they called it but that caused overheat so I had to make them lower it again

Car type Camry 2002
4 cylinder engine

I'm 80% sure it's 1AZ engine.

Please help
Re: Closed by cocoduck: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2016
Resido:

When idle, cools after a while of driving. Got it like 4mnths ago. Wasn't expecting any issues this early.
I stay in Lokoja, kogi state getting a real AC tech is almost impossible
please explain exactly what you mean.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2016
dukeo:

Thanks sir for this thread. I've almost given up although the challenge I'm having is partly related to one I read earlier on this thread. When I put on the AC, it doesn't cool much until I accelerate or rev the car then it starts cooling. I have also observed that the ac increases engine temperature when turned on but once the temperature of the engine rises especially on sunny days, the engine+the car vibrates like hell, only thing is that it doesn't go off like the other fellows own. When you park under that kind of condition and look at the odometer, it's reading almost zero.

Took it to the mechanic and asked them to increase the firing as they called it but that caused overheat so I had to make them lower it again

Car type Camry 2002
4 cylinder engine

Please help

From your description it seems you have a failing compressor. Increasing engine speed to get better cooling could damage the engine.

Connect gauges to the high and low side and watch the values in PSI, you can take a pic or just copy them and post here.

Good thing you said 80per. Engine should be 2az-fe
Re: Closed by cocoduck: 7:06am On Sep 08, 2016
dukeo:

Car type Camry 2002
4 cylinder engine

Please help
change the condenser, and expansion valve. There may be a restriction in the system.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:09am On Sep 08, 2016
cocoduck:
change the condenser, and expansion valve. There may be a restriction in the system.

yes it's possible, but let's not be in a hurry to replace parts until he can give us some readings
Re: Closed by cocoduck: 9:56am On Sep 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

yes it's possible, but let's not be in a hurry to replace parts until he can give us some readings
cool
Re: Closed by Elizadath: 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
gud evening sirs, pls am having a big issues with ma ac. 08 corolla. each time I turn on the ac, it keeps jerking and vibrating. pls what could be the cause?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
Elizadath:
gud evening sirs, pls am having a big issues with ma ac. 08 corolla. each time I turn on the ac, it keeps jerking and vibrating. pls what could be the cause?

does not sound like an a.c related issue.

Take a pic of your compressor and upload here. I guess you have the wrong tyeo of compressor installed.
Re: Closed by dukeo(m): 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

From your description it seems you have a failing compressor. Increasing engine speed to get better cooling could damage the engine.

Connect gauges to the high and low side and watch the values in PSI, you can take a pic or just copy them and post here.

Good thing you said 80per. Engine should be 2az-fe

Greetings sir ! I have not been able to check the pressure yet been a little busy. But I noticed something two days ago just before going out. Early that morning, when i started the engine, I noticed the compressor was barely spinning although the alternator, water pump and everything else was doing great so I went into the car and turned the A/C on and the compressor started actually spinning. Put of the A/C and it stopped again. Assuming the compressor was going 20rpm, the compressor was going 5rpm. I guess the compressor is actually seeing her last days.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
dukeo:

Greetings sir ! I have not been able to check the pressure yet been a little busy. But I noticed something two days ago just before going out. Early that morning, when i started the engine, I noticed the compressor was barely spinning although the alternator, water pump and everything else was doing great so I went into the car and turned the A/C on and the compressor started actually spinning. Put of the A/C and it stopped again . Assuming the compressor was going 20rpm, the compressor was going 5rpm. I guess the compressor is actually seeing her last days.

what you just described is how a compressor with a clutch should operate. But it should not spin at all when turned off.
Re: Closed by dukeo(m): 12:43am On Sep 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what you just described is how a compressor with a clutch should operate. But it should not spin at all when turned off.

So you saying it's normal
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38am On Sep 10, 2016
dukeo:

So you saying it's normal

Re: Closed by dukeo(m): 9:04am On Sep 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I don't think I can argue with an expert but i forgot to mention in my description that the compressor spins faster before even without turning on the A/C system
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2016
dukeo:

I don't think I can argue with an expert but i forgot to mention in my description that the compressor spins faster before even without turning on the A/C system

Make a short video, upload to my whatsapp 08033910382
Re: Closed by mrayosexy: 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
hello,

i know this off the discussion, please where can i tint my car window in Ibadan.

thanks guys.
Re: Closed by blestman: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
Greets sir, I literally work on my Ac after some technician altered it. The problem now is dat d compressor (wit magnet clutch) draws it main power from d alternator directly while d 7.5A to d former clutchless compressor was used as a starter for d relay to d current magnet clutch. This arrangement causes a noticeable fluctuation in my rpm from 800 to about 550 wit d compressor engaged wit annoying vibrations. Moreso d condenser fan doesn't come on wit d compressor engaged causing poor cooling and worsening vibration wit d compressor engaging and disengaging erractically. D electrical connection to d fans r intact but d ECM doesn't ground it even wit d a/c engaged. I had to ground d condenser fan to keep it running always for better cooling and reduction in vibration. My question is can I get another source of power to d Compressor other than directly from d alternator to reduce d vibration and y doesn't d condenser fan come on wit the a/c turned on. Car is Camry 2007 se, thermostat intact no overheating and I do d electrical repairs wit d aid of its electrical manual. Thanks
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
blestman:
Greets sir, I literally work on my Ac after some technician altered it. The problem now is dat d compressor (wit magnet clutch) draws it main power from d alternator directly while d 7.5A to d former clutchless compressor was used as a starter for d relay to d current magnet clutch. This arrangement causes a noticeable fluctuation in my rpm from 800 to about 550 wit d compressor engaged wit annoying vibrations. Moreso d condenser fan doesn't come on wit d compressor engaged causing poor cooling and worsening vibration wit d compressor engaging and disengaging erractically. D electrical connection to d fans r intact but d ECM doesn't ground it even wit d a/c engaged. I had to ground d condenser fan to keep it running always for better cooling and reduction in vibration. My question is can I get another source of power to d Compressor other than directly from d alternator to reduce d vibration and y doesn't d condenser fan come on wit the a/c turned on. Car is Camry 2007 se, thermostat intact no overheating and I do d electrical repairs wit d aid of its electrical manual. Thanks

Conversion was poorly done.

You should join the group so we can discuss more, a lot of pics from your vehicle will be required so we can help you put it right.
Re: Closed by blestman: 12:51am On Sep 13, 2016
Sir which group do u mean?
Re: Closed by mogreen22: 7:22am On Sep 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Conversion was poorly done.

You should join the group so we can discuss more, a lot of pics from your vehicle will be required so we can help you put it right.
please, add me to the group also. 07084147214
Re: Closed by Inception(m): 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
mogreen22:
please, add me to the group also. 07084147214

grin

o boy u don see any 13 pin for me?
Re: Closed by ironheart(m): 2:41am On Sep 15, 2016
Good morning GAZZUZZ, and all the car talk gurus here, i got a 2000 toyota avensis/corona and i want to connect the AC. I have been studying the Electrical wiring ever since. I have tried to troubleshoot it. I notice the magnetic clutch does not engage when the ac is put on. Though there is no gas in it.

I connect the clutch to the positive terminal of my battery and i could hear the click click sound of the magnet engaging (disconnect battery from the car before doing this so as to avoid stories that touch)

My question

is the compressor not meant to engage as soon as its ac is put on?

Does the pressure switch sense that there is no gas in the system and then go ahead to tell the AC amplifier to signal the compressor circuit not to engage the clutch?

I am trying to be logical about they system before i go do some more checks

My boss GAZZUZZ(respect) you ask for pressure checks reading to be done, my clutch does not engage in the first place so whats your suggestions? Should i go ahead to refill it first?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Sep 15, 2016
ironheart:
Good morning GAZZUZZ, and all the car talk gurus here, i got a 2000 toyota avensis/corona and i want to connect the AC. I have been studying the Electrical wiring ever since. I have tried to troubleshoot it. I notice the magnetic clutch does not engage when the ac is put on. Though there is no gas in it.

I connect the clutch to the positive terminal of my battery and i could hear the click click sound of the magnet engaging (disconnect battery from the car before doing this so as to avoid stories that touch)

My question

is the compressor not meant to engage as soon as its ac is put on?

Does the pressure switch sense that there is no gas in the system and then go ahead to tell the AC amplifier to signal the compressor circuit not to engage the clutch?

I am trying to be logical about they system before i go do some more checks

My boss GAZZUZZ(respect) you ask for pressure checks reading to be done, my clutch does not engage in the first place so whats your suggestions? Should i go ahead to refill it first?

when you manually provide power to the clutch with the engine running, does it cool?

If it does, start by checking clutch relay, and fuse in fuse box.

1 Like

Re: Closed by ironheart(m): 7:42am On Sep 15, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

when you manually provide power to the clutch with the engine running, does it cool?

If it does, start by checking clutch relay, and fuse in fuse box.
i just got the avensis. I tried using something to pry the low side Schroeder valve n a 30 second or so all the gas was gone. I did that as a way to confirm existence of gas in it. I have not tried doing that when the engine is running, i want to have a general idea first on a car ac wiring system. Though my next port of call is to do a vacuum and regas it. Before i try what you just asked.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57am On Sep 15, 2016
ironheart:
i just got the avensis. I tried using something to pry the low side Schroeder valve n a 30 second or so all the gas was gone. I did that as a way to confirm existence of gas in it. I have not tried doing that when the engine is running, i want to have a general idea first on a car ac wiring system. Though my next port of call is to do a vacuum and regas it. Before i try what you just asked.

When re charging, use gauges on the high and low side so I don't have to ask for the values.
Re: Closed by ironheart(m): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

When re charging, use gauges on the high and low side so I don't have to ask for the values.
thank you my boss. Your page has been so insightful. I will let you know as soon as i got the time to do that.

1 Like

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2016
Kingreign de spy
Re: Closed by kingreign(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Kingreign de spy

i dey learn tutorials smiley
Re: Closed by blestman: 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
Boss add me for d group ooo. 07033241904 before dis vibration begin give me seizures
Re: Closed by blestman: 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
@ ironheart. Ur compressor will not engage if u have no gas in d system as d pressure switch will prevent d compressor from engaging even wen u put d Ac on.
For u to hear a clicking sound wen u connect d compressor to d battery means d clutch is engaging but as Gazzuzz said, u can connect wit d engine running to c if it cools. Then u will b sure d compressor is functional

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic / A Car Parked On A Fence In Benin City (pictures). / Innoson Replies @chaniee_bob, Lady Who Made Designs With Farouq's New Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.