Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Closed - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (80051 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by ironheart(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Uncle me, uncle me, uncle me add me too

Re: Closed by ironheart(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
blestman:
@ ironheart. Ur compressor will not engage if u have no gas in d system as d pressure switch will prevent d compressor from engaging even wen u put d Ac on.
For u to hear a clicking sound wen u connect d compressor to d battery means d clutch is engaging but as Gazzuzz said, u can connect wit d engine running to c if it cools. Then u will b sure d compressor is functional
thanks i am learning. I am trying to bring the car back to its original wiring connection after our Nigerian mechanics have done injustice to it. Imagine the ac condenser fan and the coolant fan has both been cut and connected directly. I traced their connection under the fuse box

Re: Closed by swagdopey: 5:26am On Sep 16, 2016
Mr gazzuzz sorry for derailing but could not find any other thread where I could seek your advice.. Please I would like to travel with my Toyota camry(aka big daddy) from lagos to bayelsa. Pls would like to know how safe it is and what I have to put in place to have a smooth ride and also professionally if it's a good idea.. Thanks sir and sorry for derailing
Re: Closed by ironheart(m): 5:34am On Sep 16, 2016
swagdopey:
Mr gazzuzz sorry for derailing but could not find any other thread where I could seek your advice.. Please I would like to travel with my Toyota camry(aka big daddy) from lagos to bayelsa. Pls would like to know how safe it is and what I have to put in place to have a smooth ride and also professionally if it's a good idea.. Thanks sir and sorry for derailing
create a new thread and cc him
Re: Closed by EyuroF: 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2016
]
GAZZUZZ:
Kingreign de spy
please I need help with my EOD ac. When I fill it with gas it works fine for about 2weeks and then stops cooling. What could be wrong?? Thanks.
Re: Closed by shady16: 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
EyuroF:
]
please I need help with my EOD ac. When I fill it with gas it works fine for about 2weeks and then stops cooling. What could be wrong?? Thanks.

It leaks! grin

1 Like

Re: Closed by lourash(m): 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hi GAZZUZZ

Car AC chills very well but cuts off intermittently while driving, for instance when you put on the AC it will work then later start blowing hot air and later after some time it will work again but the break is noticeable and one always have to turn it off and on most times so that it can start working again. car is a Camry 2010.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
lourash:
Hi GAZZUZZ

Car AC chills very well but cuts off intermittently while driving, for instance when you put on the AC it will work then later start blowing hot air and later after some time it will work again but the break is noticeable and one always have to turn it off and on most times so that it can start working again. car is a Camry 2010.

Diagnosis required.
Re: Closed by lourash(m): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Diagnosis required.

Thanks Boss...
Re: Closed by hawklan: 11:00am On Sep 22, 2016
Hi guys,

which is the best gas to use for my car AC a toyota highlander 06 model. should i use the refiling one or the brand new gas (how many cans do i buy)
thanks fpor your swift response
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
hawklan:
Hi guys,

which is the best gas to use for my car AC a toyota highlander 06 model. should i use the refiling one or the brand new gas (how many cans do i buy)
thanks fpor your swift response

Best gas in the nigerian market is Harp Gas and it is made in England. It comes in 340gramms cans (net weight)

You will require 24oz (onces) of refrigerant according to the chart below. Which is about 680g meaning you will need approximately 2cans. Of harp gas.

Re: Closed by hawklan: 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Best gas in the nigerian market is Harp Gas and it is made in England. It comes in 340gramms cans (net weight)

You will require 24oz (onces) of refrigerant according to the chart below. Which is about 680g meaning you will need approximately 2cans. Of harp gas.
many thank for your help.
Re: Closed by MrJames007: 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Hello Gaz, I thought all gases are the same. Please what makes harp gas better than the other gases. Would it make the ac cooler than others or what? I'm just learning these things. No vex.

1 Like

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
MrJames007:

Hello Gaz, I thought all gases are the same. Please what makes harp gas better than the other gases. Would it make the ac cooler than others or what? I'm just learning these things. No vex.

cheapest refrigerant in the market is 500per can, harp is about 3500per can. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Closed by hawklan: 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

cheapest refrigerant in the market is 500per can, harp is about 3500per can. What do you think?

is it that the other AC gas (usually green cylinder)from the normal ac mechanics are bad?? and what is the difference between them and Harp gas and the rest.
Re: Closed by MrJames007: 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
hawklan:

is it that the other AC gas (usually green cylinder)from the normal ac mechanics are bad?? and what is the difference between them and Harp gas and the rest.

Exactly my question to Mr. Gaz.

GAZZUZZ:

I have no clue, sir. What makes it the best?

1 Like

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
hawklan:

How do you measure out the right quantity without using a scale? Where is the refrigerant made? Is it a reputable company that makes it?

The smaller cans help people without a scale to recharge with closer accuracy.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
MrJames007:

Exactly my question to Mr. Gaz.

I have no clue, sir. What makes it the best?

Country of origin? Minimal quality standards from country of origin, from use how effective is it with high external temperature? With use on a failing compressor how effective is it?

Little things to ponder before choosing the refrigerant to use

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed by oluwanoni: 3:41am On Sep 24, 2016
@gazzuzz and car guru's,

I have some issues with my car AC, cools very well(infact) to much when weather is cool, but during the the afternoon it cools also but, passengers at the back hardly feel it.

Also when I switch of the AC, I hear a sound which sounds like a low battery. Please assist or I can book an appointment with you.
Toyota corolla 1999, just changed the compressor few months ago, same issue before changing it.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:39am On Sep 24, 2016
oluwanoni:
@gazzuzz and car guru's,

I have some issues with my car AC, cools very well(infact) to much when weather is cool, but during the the afternoon it cools also but, passengers at the back hardly feel it.

Also when I switch of the AC, I hear a sound which sounds like a low battery. Please assist or I can book an appointment with you.
Toyota corolla 1999, just changed the compressor few months ago, same issue before changing it.

if you have a hissing sound, you could be low on refrigerant (gas), if low on refrigerant you have a leak. Finding the leak is the primary.
Re: Closed by mayor2013: 6:54am On Sep 24, 2016
I can confirm that the harp gas is a very good refrigerant. The best. I also use it at my workshop and chills heavily. Have drawed comparison with other refrigerants cos I do experiment grin. One thing car owners do not know is that those cheap gas are the ones causing havoc to your air conditioning system. Can't start explaining all that now. I use the bigger harp gas and I buy it 40k. There are other bigger refrigerant of 20k. You get what you pay for
Re: Closed by coccoduck: 7:35am On Sep 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

if you have a hissing sound, you could be low on refrigerant (gas), if low on refrigerant you have a leak. Finding the leak is the primary.
how does a low battery sound? That should be the question, lol.
Re: Closed by shady16: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2016
coccoduck:
how does a low battery sound? That should be the question, lol.

I'm wondering too if I've heard such sound before cheesy
Re: Closed by mafioso47(m): 8:15am On Sep 24, 2016
I am just here to shout out to Mr @GAZZUZZ!!

1 Like

Re: Closed by coccoduck: 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
mayor2013:
I can confirm that the harp gas is a very good refrigerant. The best. I also use it at my workshop and chills heavily. Have drawed comparison with other refrigerants cos I do experiment grin. One thing car owners do not know is that those cheap gas are the ones causing havoc to your air conditioning system. Can't start explaining all that now. I use the bigger harp gas and I buy it 40k. There are other bigger refrigerant of 20k. You get what you pay for
well, here in Libreville, I don't have access to harp gas, but I think that the most important thing is to pull a vacuum in the system before putting any gas, because of moisture, in the air that will mix with the refrigerant oil to become an acid, of course we all know what acids do to metals, so I think that the brand of gas doesn't matter that much, IMO.

1 Like

Re: Closed by Piyke: 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Country of origin? Minimal quality standards from country of origin, from use how effective is it with high external temperature? With use on a failing compressor how effective is it?

Little things to ponder before choosing the refrigerant to use

mayor2013:

Harp is very good. Endorsed by Piyke too cheesy

However, beware there's fake Harp in the market. angry angry
I had a Nairalander engage me for a recharge and behold he turned up with 3 fake 340gm cans bought at 3500 per can! The fake sells for 500 or so normally. How do you distinguish? Amongst other things, the original Harp has an indented semicircle mark on the base of the can and does not use the regular can tap used by other 'cheap' gases. Gazzuzz I trust you've encountered the fake Harp?
Re: Closed by mayor2013: 12:15am On Sep 25, 2016
coccoduck:
well, here in Libreville, I don't have access to harp gas, but I think that the most important thing is to pull a vacuum in the system before putting any gas, because of moisture, in the air that will mix with the refrigerant oil to become an acid, of course we all know what acids do to metals, so I think that the brand of gas doesn't matter that much, IMO.

My brother brand matters. Have had to compare both and I can confidently tell you there is a difference. Chilling effect is much more powerful than the others. Haven't you seen sone refrigerants that knocks off your Ac system there by causing expensive repair?

1 Like

Re: Closed by coccoduck: 6:56am On Sep 25, 2016
mayor2013:

My brother brand matters. Have had to compare both and I can confidently tell you there is a difference. Chilling effect is much more powerful than the others. Haven't you seen sone refrigerants that knocks off your Ac system there by causing expensive repair?
well, for me, they all chill well.
Re: Closed by oluwanoni: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I am not sure atm, I have already spent a lot on this issue, infact after making some changes and adding gas, I might resolve to managing without AC
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
oluwanoni:

I am not sure atm, I have already spent a lot on this issue, infact after making some changes and adding gas, I might resolve to managing without AC

If you are in lagos, search for my number and location from my profile, I will give you a free Diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Closed by oluwanoni: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

If you are in lagos, search for my number and location from my profile, I will give you a free Diagnosis.

Thanks boss.. . will do
Re: Closed by coccoduck: 5:08am On Oct 01, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRC0dYZiRqg
Good short animation about car AC compressor and nice music.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Innoson Replies @chaniee_bob, Lady Who Made Designs With Farouq's New Logo / Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Innoson Not Using Farouq Osuolale's New Logo Now. Gives Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.