Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up (67490 Views)

Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by abdurrazaq(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
The guy can be easily mistaken for a hero but, in most cases 'heroes' don't leave to tell the stories.
Although most of what the guy said were true but, there were some 'truths' that cannot be proved if a suit is instituted against him.
There are ways to take up authorities on issues, writing is one of them however, the fellow with the pen should be careful not to shoot him/herself in the leg.
There is nothing bad in criticising the authority, it's advisable you choose your words well without compromising the weight the message is supposed to carry.
I am talking from experience as I had witnessed total annihilation of Environmental Sciences of UNILAG by a student without consequences and I was a 'suspect' in The Bullet. The Bullet delivered the intended message with no 'casualties', that's what I call heroic.
I wish the guy success

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Businessideas: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
Only a University of Lagos student can do this. When I tell them that there's something that place a Unilag product above others, they say it's arrogance. Akokites are not empty barrels!!!
He just showed the real definition of education. Don't cheat and don't allow anyone cheat you!!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by miky2002(m): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
That is too much, you should have said it lighter than that, they are still our elders, nothing we can do about it, whether you like you are there or not things will be how it suppose to be, passing insult on our constituency authority/ leaders, please, we need to learn how to treat them with respect, I didn't say we shouldn't condemn them when necessary but do it rightly.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Platinumay(m): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
AyeeIdris:
Depending on school regulations, he can easily win a suit against them. But why he had to dare them by claiming he was ready for the consequences......

Every Akokite knows there is no getting away with such act....nobody wants to stand against the management. The Senate for here no dey smile.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Smooyis(m): 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2016
Yes one would say he deserves what he got. No doubt he made valuable points. However, a student can be like his master but not greater. His criticisms were too harsh, abusive and unbecoming of a well trained youngster. You don't eat your cake and have it, after all he was prepared for the consequences. I only pity his parents /guardian. I do hope our brother will be remorseful of having shown so much anger and insults in his submissions, and apologize for his mistakes so as to receive mercy. Without this he is at a losing end.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Businessideas: 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
Unilag is quickly losing her credibility.Thank God my younger sister left their admission to study in OAU. Watch out for that guy he will surely become prominent.Universities should instill confidence not fear.
OAU admission criteria is lower and less competitive wink
We know that so it's actually a safe decision your sister took. How can you compare a school like OAU that accepts 5 O'level credits at two sittings with a UniLag that insists on 6 credits at a sitting? Or you want to compare the cut off marks of both schools?It is like saying you dropped a first generation federal university for state university.
You just read the sophistry of the writing of an environmental sciences student of Unilag which even English graduates of most Nigerian universities can't deliver. Stop beefing UniLag.

4 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by sammhi(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
A student wrote this! Chai such student deserve permanent expulsion not this 2academiv session insulting your father and teachers just to make a point . Obviously , he is a tout and only got to be on Oshodi with his mate.
Ha she not see his mate abroad and their achievement ?
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by anigbajumo(m): 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
VictorRomanov:

[s]the Guy is more than a Mumu....sometimes we paint being brave as being foolhardy. What he did is called blatant disrespect of constituted authority. Lemme explain so u will understand. If your dad does what you feel is wrong, would you go to the pages of the newspaper to write a critique about him and then expect him to provide you with shelter, clothing and food? At the worse, u will call him privately and talk to him.[/s]

Nothing stops him from putting up an anonymous article or using a pseudo name. he thinks after ''insulting'' (i choose to call it that, because when u criticize, u point out faults and proffer solutions to the faults) the school authority he expects them to congratulate him and present him with a certificate.

This is more than Mumu. He should learn to fight with common sense.

I think u re totally wrong,Is it now an offence to call a spade a spade...Don't forget there are many activists like him that has done the same thing and will forever be well appreciated.

You can't compare a family to an institution which determines the future of our country. The guy elucidates the fact about our rotten education system and u are here calling him mumu instead of you to laud's his bravery.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by cola: 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
Yes, it's good to be bold to speak truth to power. And the society needs such people.

Speaking truth to power though, is not the same thing as insulting people, especially those in authority.

This chap went beyond criticizing, crossed the line into outright insults and name mentioning - that's silly!

I dare any of you cheering him on to do same to your lecturers and VCs or your bosses at work. - mention their names and tell them their education is a waste and that they use the office's reputation and space as a brothel to sleep with girls.

Come back here to show us your commendation/promotion letters.

This chap was not brave, he was silly.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by miky2002(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
Businessideas:
Only a University of Lagos student can do this. When I tell them that there's something that place a Unilag product above others, they say it's arrogance. Akokites are not empty barrels!!!
He just showed the real definition of education. Don't cheat and don't allow anyone cheat you!!
!

What was his result? Is not that we don't know what to say when an elderly person harrass you or cheat you but you need to take it easily, there is this word that says, you don't abuse the alligator until you cross the bridge...
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by gemale(m): 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You are the emotional one. Use your brain and not your heart. He has been rusticated and the status quo would remain. Na who lose?
Wts emotional abt challenging wrong & calling things as dey r? Evil wld keep on flourishing until pple stand their ground against it irrespective of D consequences. Yes he might not gain in d short run bt ultimately he wld get his reward. D ryt way is nt d easiest. A classic example is d world acclaimed Nelson Mandela. Do u know dt he had 2 leave skul because he refused 2 allow himself 2 b a foisted leader in d students' Union? If he wasn't man enuf 2 choose d hard way, hw wld he hv bn able 2 later on face & fight apartheid? Even in fighting apartheid, he was jailed severally b4 he was finally victorious. Karma is always dere 2 reward or punish pple 4 their actions.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Businessideas: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2016
Gabbyraze:
Hmm I like the guy's mind o and he has good writing skills. Somebody gotta stand up and speak,all of us can't be cowards eh.. Let him find one of this tough lawyers we have and sue the school for all he can get
That's an average UniLag student. Very confident to the point that most students of other schools easily get intimidated by them while they wrongly assume that Akokites are arrogant .Even in NYSC, they will not stay in a village posting.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by passyhansome(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2016
I WAS GOING THRU SOME COMMENT DISHEARTENED, WONDER WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE SO JEJUNE, AND FRIVOLOUS WITH THEIR COMMENTS, HOW CAN YOU BLAME SOMEONE WHO SPOKE OUT FOR CHANGE OF A DILAPIDATED SYSTEM, JUST BECOS HER HUMAN RIGHT IS BEEN INFRINGED WE NOW GO AHEAD TO CRITICIZE HIM. NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNTIL WE SEE THE NEED FOR CHANGE, BY RECOGNIZING OR BY ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF AN EVENT AND SITUATION THEN VOICE OR CALL OUT FOR TRANSFORMATION OR RESTRUCTURING, EVEN REPLACEMENT WHEN NECESSARY. MARTIN LUTHER ONCE SAID " History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by olopaooo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
Wow.. What an article.. I love this bro go out of school is not get out of this world. What's probability of getting a job after school.. Lots of graduates out there out there without a job.. Thruth is even bitter than yoyo bitters.. Middle finger to all the bad eductors out there

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Kirinwa: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
He would be lucky if that would be his only purnishment.
Let's face it, the dude went too far.

He could be charged to court for defamation of character.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by sinaj(f): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You are the emotional one. Use your brain and not your heart. He has been rusticated and the status quo would remain. Na who lose?
he didn't lose sir.

He actually has nothing to lose apart from the school fees he dashed them undecided

Not everybody go to school for just the certificate. Is only in Nigeria that Certificate is seen as a proof of your education instead of applying what you studied to develop your society.

His VC dat graduated with first class in Chemical Engineering, what has he done to help his society or u think it's only about having first class cert?

I think you also missed out the part in the article where he said the school has not helped him.

Yes he is 100% correct. Most student students buy text books nd handout, to study on their own coz lecturers are too busy to teach.

Now tell me sir, how did he lose?

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Kirinwa: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
cola:
Yes, it's good to be bold to speak truth to power. And the society needs such people.

Speaking truth to power though, is not the same thing as insulting people, especially those in authority.

This chap went beyond criticizing, crossed the line into outright insults and name mentioning - that's silly!

I dare any of you cheering him on to do same to your lecturers and VCs or your bosses at work. - mention their names and tell them their education is a waste and that they use the office's reputation and space as a brothel to sleep with girls.

Come back here to show us your commendation/promotion letters.

This chap was not brave, he was silly.

Just like coca cola your post is insightful and refreshing.
Very mature analysis too. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Ahmeduana(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
we all have our purpose in life..I know mine..I won't waste it for something foolish....find yours!!!
YOU'VE JUST SHOT YOURSELF IN THE LEG, YOU SAID you've FIND YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE, WHILE BLAME SOMEONE ELSE FOR FIGHTING FOR LIBERATION, WHAT CALL OR PURPOSE IS HIGHER THAN THAT? UHN UNCLE DEGBE!

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by proffray(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked chai! wat a wicked generation
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Businessideas: 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
miky2002:
!

What was his result? Is not that we don't know what to say when an elderly person harrass you or cheat you but you need to take it easily, there is this word that says, you don't abuse the alligator until you cross the bridge...
You are right but it's UNILAG!!! He knows that he has a solid platform that would get him great attention and silent respect from his school. Unilag isn't your typical Nigerian University village school.The school management is no doubt embarrassed but not surprised.They will punish him but will eventually free him because some of the lecturers will not align with the decision of the school management but won't go about it publicly.It is Unilag,they have their tradition.If Sowore, Mayegun etc could still graduate from Unilag so what has Femi done?
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by VictorRomanov: 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
anigbajumo:

I think u re totally wrong,Is it now an offence to call a spade a spade...Don't forget there are many activists like him that has done the same thing and will forever be well appreciated.

You can't compare a family to an institution which determines the future of our country. The guy elucidates the fact about our rotten education system and u are here calling him mumu instead of you to laud's his bravery.

Shay u went to or are going to a university in nigeria? why didnt u write or havn't u written against or castigated the school authority during ur time? A proverb in my place states that a coward is the one who usually points to the house of a brave man and tells his story. That parable is not discouraging one from being brave, however it is urging one to know when one needs to fight and when one should take leave.

The rottenness of our education system didnt start today. It has been there before he bought his jamb form, wrote the exams and gained admission. If he felt so bad about the rottenness why did he enroll in a rotten venture only to end up critisizing it.

By the way, u can constructively criticise without resorting to insults. Take as an example Prof. Charles Soludo's critique on the economic policies of the present government. No name calling, just pointing out problems and proffering solution.

I bet u, this student had known he would be rusticated, he wouldnt have written what he wrote.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by 9japride(m): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
Majority of Nigerian youth mental capacity to reason well have already been defeated by our spoilt social and family background
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by JimmySnow: 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
If we are in a country that have strong political ideology and structure, this student ought to be celebrated. We failed to say all these when we are in UNILAG. I really salute is courage for speaking out.
Never you apologize for saying the truth,,,, the recipient knows it but fail to recognize it.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Firstlieutenant(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
he didn't loose sir.

He actually has nothing to loose apart from the school fees he dashed them undecided

Not everybody go to school for just the certificate. Is only in Nigeria that Certificate is seen as a proof of your education instead of applying what you studied to develop your society.

His VC dat graduated with first class in Chemical Engineering, what has he done to help his society or u think it's only about having first class cert?

I think you also missed out the part in the article where he said the school has not helped him.

Yes he is 100% correct. Most student students buy text books nd handout, to study on their own coz lecturers are too busy to teach.

Now tell me sir, how did he loose?

Babe, is it loose or lose? U're too good looking 4 a blunder like that.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Businessideas: 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
JimmySnow:
If we are in a country that have strong political ideology and structure, this student ought to be celebrated. We failed to say all these when we are in UNILAG. I really salute is courage for speaking out.
Never you apologize for saying the truth,,,, the recipient knows it but fail to recognize it.
I'm particularly shocked by his closing remark "e bami ni be" shocked
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by danosky91(m): 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
When the ''former mistake we had as president'' that statement signified 2 things 2 me. Cant wait for u 2 come out 4 d presidential race in nigeria i would vote over and over 4 u....

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by obstead200(m): 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
AyeeIdris:
Depending on school regulations, he can easily win a suit against them. But why he had to dare them by claiming he was ready for the consequences......
@ the bolded, I seriously doubt it.
his writeup contains elements of slander. wilful slander of another person remains a serious crime in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by onoms4luv(m): 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
The guy was right, so the best the school administrator could do to was just rustication, make them prepare because the students are coming in full force. Lurbish

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by VictorRomanov: 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
he didn't loose sir.

He actually has nothing to loose apart from the school fees he dashed them undecided

Now tell me sir, how did he loose?

Why then has he spent his resources and that of his sponsors going to school, when he would simply have used it to do something better.

If u re so much in support of what he has done, pls try such in uniport. They have their own problems too. Insult the senate and HODs. Then go home and tell ur sponsors that they have nothing to 'loose', abi na tie.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Businessideas: 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
9japride:
Majority of Nigerian youth mental capacity to reason well have already been defeated by our spoilt social and family background
Not all schools and undergraduates.This Unilag student just proved you wrong. A school that produced the likes of Sowore isn't baby in things like this.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Blurr(m): 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ehya
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by sinaj(f): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

Babe, is it loose or lose? U're too good looking 4 a blunder like that.
Iz dat the only blunder u saw?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FUTO Student Dressed As A Native Doctor To A Night Class As Exam Draws Near / 'Our Menthol': MC Oluomo/NURTW Banner That Got People Talking (Pictured) / UNIBEN Final Year Student, Freedom, Dies (Disturbing Photos))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.