Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up (67577 Views)

Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adams, UniAbuja Lecturer, Accused Of Victimization (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by irunoko(m): 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
ugwum007:
My sympathies to him. I believe if he is right, his story won't end here. I lost my second class upper just for standing up for the right thing in my dept then but God had my back.
the mistake student politicians or any student make is when YOu're in school you don't criticize the academic leaders because They might tamper with your grades or even hold your certificate. When you're in school even if you have any grievance or bad blood for them just write it and keep it to yourself .however when you graduate and collect your certificate then you can criticize them as much as you want to their faces on air and any means you want

By then they cannot do anything and even if they want to say anything public attention will be drawn to them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by irunoko(m): 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
remzytimer:
He can as well exercise his legal right by taking a legal action against the school and if God is with him he will have favorable judgement ...
in Nigeria
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by martineinstein(m): 5:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
realmindz:
That they use the name unilag to sleep with girls,

pls wen this guy comes back, add 4 more semesters for him. What nonsense, where is his unilag pride?
so,unilag pride is foolishness,corruption and lies?

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by martineinstein(m): 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
Sheggy13:

The way some of you talk ignorantly, bragging you helped someone get his PhD because you happened to be a respondent of his questionnaire. You think people spend over 3 years doing a PhD by just filling questionnaires only. Have you seen what a typical PhD thesis is like?
ur wrtings tell more about urself.......smh for u
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by WoundedSoul: 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
I just hope it won't waste coz 2yrs is a lot.
I think if he fights it, it can be reversed.
Creating awareness for him will go a long way coz he didn't do anything wrong.
Everything he wrote was right.

Buh then, just take a minute and delete those PERSONAL ATTACKS and you had see a neat criticism that wouldn't have attracted such PENALTY. Painful thing is deleting those ATTACKS would not in any way have tapered his message.

He was stuupid.

There is a reason the word "DIPLOMACY" exist in the English vocabulary.

Again his criticism was RIGHT buh UNCOUTHNESS hanged him.

4 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Ranchhoddas: 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Fourwinds:
no...it is d school authority dat has lost....

dat guy is too intelligent to depend on certificate...poor Nigerians so much rely on certificate...where are d jobs
Huh. You know the guy personally? Or do you have an ability to discern ''certificate-defying intelligence'' from a single facebook post?
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nice shot. He needs to sue the institution.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by martineinstein(m): 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
he didn't lose sir.

He actually has nothing to lose apart from the school fees he dashed them undecided

Not everybody go to school for just the certificate. Is only in Nigeria that Certificate is seen as a proof of your education instead of applying what you studied to develop your society.

His VC dat graduated with first class in Chemical Engineering, what has he done to help his society or u think it's only about having first class cert?

I think you also missed out the part in the article where he said the school has not helped him.

Yes he is 100% correct. Most student students buy text books nd handout, to study on their own coz lecturers are too busy to teach.

Now tell me sir, how did he lose?
well said..the guy's writing skills alone might be far better dan those first class u see outside

4 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by sinaj(f): 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
WoundedSoul:
Everything he wrote was right.

Buh then, just take a minute and delete those PERSONAL ATTACKS and you had see a neat criticism that wouldn't have attracted such PENALTY. Painful thing is deleting those ATTACKS would not in any way have tapered his message.

He was stuupid.

There is a reason the word "DIPLOMACY" exist in the English vocabulary.

Again his criticism was RIGHT buh UNCOUTHNESS hanged him.
maybe he has a reason or proof for the personal attacks who knws.

Dnt u think he knew the consequence of this article b4 posting it?
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by kmax4ril: 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
Such kind of immense disrespectfullness from one who is thought to be wise and courteous is something to be ashamed of. History isn't repeating itself in Nigeria, we are constantly making new yarns everyday. A minion never get what he wants through rude behaviours and foolish courage. You should think twice and beg for forgiveness. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Mentorkaryhm(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
That was courageous act...but let him plan how to study in other countries
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by gemale(m): 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Mandela had the backing of every black man on the planet so you should stop making stupid analogies. The right way isn't always the easiest but this is not the right way. What has he achieved? Noise on Nigerian social media and a two-year sentence for his trouble. Go to the first page of this thread and see a quote by the Mandela you are yapping and then compare it to the action of this mumu activist.
So it's until 1 has pple behind him/her dt 1 wld begin standing 4 d truth? So truth or ryt is abt wts popular? smh. If u dnt hv d guts dt d boy has, say it. It's not evry1 dts imbued wt courage bt dnt try 2 glorify ur cowardice & shame his honesty.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by vectoh(m): 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
it's really annoying I swear.

Imagine the way they protested for mere chicken, but cnt help in securing infrastructure for learning.

This are people that are educated, have different degrees from different Uni home and abroad.
They are people that should be looked up to in d society yet u'll see them struggling for national cake.

I don't blame him for questioning their knowledge coz most of them behave like illiterate.
and they brag about spending years abroad

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Fourwinds: 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Huh. You know the guy personally? Or do you have an ability to discern ''certificate-defying intelligence'' from a single facebook post?
how did d school acted.? it shows they are afraid of change...

exactly d way d acient church acted when astrologers., and scientist proved d nature of universe
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by WoundedSoul: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
maybe he has a reason or proof for the personal attacks who knws.
Dnt u think he knew the consequence of this article b4 posting it?
Yeah, he did state he was ready for any fracas. Well, his cup, his tea.

Just noticed he was in the department of BUILDING. I'm tempted to say "no wonder" not mockingly though, afterall his write up did portriat a sound mind; it's just that from my experience, STUDENTS WHO HAVE LITTLE OR NOTHING TO LOOSE DO AFFORD THE LUXURY OF EXTREME UNIONISM.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Ranchhoddas: 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
gemale:

So it's until 1 has pple behind him/her dt 1 wld begin standing 4 d truth? So truth or ryt is abt wts popular? smh. If u dnt hv d guts dt d boy has, say it. It's not evry1 dts imbued wt courage bt dnt try 2 glorify ur cowardice & shame his honesty.
Glorify your foolishness with courage.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Ranchhoddas: 5:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
Fourwinds:
how did d school acted.? it shows they are afraid of change...

exactly d way d acient church acted when astrologers., and scientist proved d nature of universe
They did what the ruling class always does to foolish activists. DEAL WITH THEM DECISIVELY!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by babyfaceafrica: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
dajan03:
you are an ignoramus. At least he wasn't cowardice like you
you just murdered english!!!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Dminister(m): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
He killed it. The lecturers we have in our higher institutions are more corrupt than the politicians. We should set up an incorruptible agency checking the activities of the university staff.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by chigoizie7(m): 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
we all have our purpose in life..I know mine..I won't waste it for something foolish....find yours!!!

Apparently, the guys purpose in life was never to graduate as he made it so clear that he has learnt absolutely nothing from the university.

Now tell me what good the certificate will do him if he had graduated.

U don't boast with what u don't have. He didn't gain anything from the school so he shouldn't also be proud of their certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by VictorRomanov: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
daz great.

M sure it wasn't easy for u guys then, nd some of u might have lost something then.

Today students are enjoying the privilege not knowing how it came about.

Good things dnt come easily, if the issues in d article should be addressed don't u think people will benefit from it?

the point u don't get is that, this guy is not doing anything, other than insulting his superiors and making allegations he can't proof in a court of law. What solutions did he proffer? What will happen after all his rants and insult, say, in the next 6 months? If all we had done in our time was go to facebook and rant and insult the vc, Man O' war would still be terrorizing students today. My dear, it's action and not insults and big grammar that brings change. That's why nigeria is where it is today. Too many activists, few activities.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by realmindz: 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2016
martineinstein:
so,unilag pride is foolishness,corruption and lies?
I Cast out that foolishness

Receive sense!!! Receive it

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Fourwinds: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
They did what the ruling class always does to foolish activists. DEAL WITH THEM DECISIVELY!
and it shall come to pass....don't forget d mob is afraid to lose anything but d ruling class does ....
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by khalhokage(m): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Four semester is too short...he should have be more sublime and done it anonymously....see wetin he cause for himself now....

Are you actually saying it was wrong of him to criticize them?
Are you saying we should now hide like cowards to challenge our leaders and hold them accountable?

Your mentality is appalling.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Ranchhoddas: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
Fourwinds:
and it shall come to pass....don't forget d mob is afraid to lose anything but d ruling class does ....
He's one person. He's not a mob.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by flokii: 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
kmax4ril:
Such kind of immense disrespectfullness from one who is thought to be wise and courteous is something to be ashamed of. History isn't repeating itself in Nigeria, we are constantly making new yarns everyday. A minion never get what he wants through rude behaviours and foolish courage. You should think twice and beg for forgiveness. grin grin grin grin

Wise words.. Life is all about wisdom, only d wise and careful ones attain greater heights.
I can tell you that guy isn't fit to be called an 'akokite'.. From d look of things, he won't even graduate.
The authentic akokites protect d pride, d name.. If atal you have suggestions or complaints, there are better ways to express them.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Fourwinds: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
He's one person. He's not a mob.
meaning u didnt get d indept of my reply
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by babyfaceafrica: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
khalhokage:

Are you actually saying it was wrong of him to criticize them?
Are you saying we should now hide like cowards to challenge our leaders and hold them accountable?

Your mentality is appalling.
you can do better
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by josite: 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
there is nothing this student has written that demands an hour suspenion.this guy is a student ,he needs to practice his skills which along the line he himself will finetune.that the senate if most universities in nigeria not only in nigeria is a matter of fact.we are prrty,we are pedestrian and thet is why nigeria police has the time and resurces to arrest a man who named his dog buhari.how many times has trump called obama and hilary thieves and yet the heaven has not fallen.the poor guy should seek admission abroad.i stand by him.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Ranchhoddas: 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
Fourwinds:
meaning u didnt get d indept of my reply
Na you know that one.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by ELITE12(m): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
flokii:

Wise words.. Life is all about wisdom, only d wise and careful ones attain greater heights.
I can tell you that guy isn't fit to be called an 'akokite'.. From d look of things, he won't even graduate.
The authentic akokites protect d pride, d name.. If atal you have suggestions or complaints, there are better ways to express them.
EMPTY PRIDE RUBBISH! YOUR TALKING ABOUT PRIDE...
THAT YOUNG MAN HAS RAISED A VERY SENSITIVE ISSUE THAT CUTS ACROSS ALL TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA IT'S BIGGER THAN UNILAG ITS THE FAITH OF THE TYPE EDUCATION, FUTURE OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY OR DON'T YOU KNOW THAT TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS ARE THE "THINK TANK OF ANY SOCIETY" EVALUATE ANY PROSPEROUS COUNRTY YOU WILL SEE THE CORRELATION IN THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION.
Q
WE ARE TAKING TO MUCH BULLSHIT IN THIS COUNTRY THERE IS SHORTAGE OF SERIOUS LEADERSHIP IN MANY SPHERE'S OF SOCIETY

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
Another 21st century caword
babyfaceafrica:
Four semester is too short...he should have be more sublime and done it anonymously....see wetin he cause for himself now....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

UNIBEN Final Year Student, Freedom, Dies (Disturbing Photos)) / Don-Davis Archibong Now A Brand Ambassador; Gets A Scholarship (Photos) / IMSU Lecturer Slaps Female Student For Wearing Mufti To Class (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.