Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,901 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? (58258 Views)

Whose Name Should Be Put On documents of Properties Acquired By Married Couples? / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Timetable For Sex For Married Couples, Good Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by princeonx: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hell No!! Mine was nothing but trouble!! Her over Sabi is too much!! If your car didn't start in the morning she will ask if you're sure there's enough air in the tire!!
My own mom on the other hand was double of what I described above. At a point i had three women to please while married to only one! So, they can both visit but no body is living in my house anymore!! Infact I have to see your return ticket before you visit and if it's more than 2 weeks, no room for you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by holluphemydavid(m): 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
Here to learn, cos am yet to marry
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by jnrbayano(m): 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
Berbierklaus:
Depends on the type of mother-inlaw she is,some MIL are very accomodating and fun to be with,but some are just too strict and a pain in the neck.

If you ask me,I will appreciate the presence of my mother inlaw no matter the attitude she has,coz I have been trained to withstand situations like that.

PS. i'm not married,just thinking aloud grin

Of course you can't be married by what you just posted. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by numericalguy(m): 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
2dugged:
men do, just that they don't voice it, and most times they fall back to work to placate the discomfort of having her around

Very very rearly will you see a man having issues with his MIL. It is typically a female thing and you know that.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Berbierklaus(f): 10:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
LoveJesus87:
hello sweetie, nice one there. Just d kind of woman am looking for grin cheesy wink
cool

jnrbayano:
Of course you can't be married by what you just posted. cheesy
Its just the truth,I have a medal in human relationship management tongue
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by flokii: 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
My wife's mother or siblings can't live with me until my marriage is 5 to 8 years old like wise my mother or siblings... We have to face our formative years alone.
Cos by then we could av grown to the level of handling our altercations codedly and I should have a big enough house that their presence won't be noticed much.. .

I like this... Very well said

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by tyson98: 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
princeonx:
Hell No!! Mine was nothing but trouble!! Her over Sabi is too much!! If your car didn't start in the morning she will ask if you're sure there's enough air in the tire!!
My own mom on the other hand was double of what I described above. At a point i had three women to please while i was married to only one! So, they can both visit but no body is living in my house anymore!! Infact I have to see your return ticket before you visit and if it's more than 2 weeks, no room for you.
You dey para ooo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
ehimeayeni:

My dear, i beging to wonder why some girls hate their mother in laws and forbid them to visit their matimonial home after marriage not knowing that they too would be mother in law one day.... Only those who wear the shoes knows where it pinches most
It may surprise you to know that the average woman doesn't think that deep.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by tyson98: 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
holluphemydavid:
Am here to learn cos avnt marry
This your english can wake the dead
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by wealthpin: 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
specialguest:
My mother in law stays with us weekdays and returns to her house on weekends because we live in the same city. To be frank at first I was not comfortable with the arrangement but when I asked the price of day care near my office and it was way too much (40k monthly), I began to appreciate the favour she is doing us by staying to take care of the baby while I go to work monday through friday.
Now we are really really close, We watch Zee world together after I get back from the office and she even assists to make dinner on the days I return late.
If I were to choose all over again, I would still prefer her to stay with us because her presence has been a blessing and a stress reliever.

Op the choice is yours, weigh it well!
Oh wonderful! May God give ur mother-in-law more strength and long live...and as for u,may u live long to reap the fruit of ur labour.
U must be a good wife!

6 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Luckymay(f): 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
Oyimeoyimemua:
in most cases mother in laws visit a wife should accomodate her MIL
For then issue of interupting sex I ask "how"?
What are you saying?
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by addezz: 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ok na
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Seunwife(m): 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
My wife's mother or siblings can't live with me until my marriage is 5 to 8 years old like wise my mother or siblings... We have to face our formative years alone.
Cos by then we could av grown to the level of handling our altercations codedly and I should have a big enough house that their presence won't be noticed much.. .
you re very mature upstairs
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by addezz: 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
This party is for sale. apply through nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by medexico(m): 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
specialguest:
My mother in law stays with us weekdays and returns to her house on weekends because we live in the same city. To be frank at first I was not comfortable with the arrangement but when I asked the price of day care near my office and it was way too much (40k monthly), I began to appreciate the favour she is doing us by staying to take care of the baby while I go to work monday through friday.
Now we are really really close, We watch Zee world together after I get back from the office and she even assists to make dinner on the days I return late.
If I were to choose all over again, I would still prefer her to stay with us because her presence has been a blessing and a stress reliever.

You have a good mother-in-law shikena

5 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
specialguest:

U r a rare breed

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Sermwell(m): 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Oliviaarims:
I think these things vary from couple to couple... And it is largely dependent on the kind of relationship the individuals formed with their respective in-laws before marriage.

Naturally, it shouldn't be so much trouble having in laws around now and again... As long as the couple are mature enough to handle day to day issues.
Hmmm...olivia long time o! I saw u at faculty of arts last semester posing for a pix! I actually wanted to say hi but I was shy. grin hope I can say hi when next I see u? cool
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by princeonx: 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
tyson98:

You dey para ooo grin grin grin grin
Guy no be Para ohhh na fact lol

Like the poster above rightly said, couples need time to grow in marriage, family, and other life challenges before involving extended families especially african families. I was single when I bought my house, then my mom moved to US to live with me due to health issues (thank God she 100% fine now). 2 years later I got married and wife moved in too!! Na so right for position start oh!! Then when the kids started coming we decided to be rationing the mothers-in-law (if there's any word like that lol). Despite the cost of buying tickets for two people every year, I had to deal with the whole family right. While my wife dey act say na her house be this!! My mom dey act say na her son house she dey!!
There was a day i even yelled at them that this house has 3 more years to be paid off ohh and still belong to the bank ohhh cux if you guys continue this madness, I go stop paying so that the bank can take back the house lol make everybody rest

6 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
Mrsprof:
I won't be comfortable living with my MIL, she can visit anytime she likes but not live with us. This is to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding, maybe she starts finding fault in one or two things I do and vise versa.

Buh ur own mum can sttay abi?

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Seahawk: 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Only temporarily
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
Oliviaarims:
I think these things vary from couple to couple... And it is largely dependent on the kind of relationship the individuals formed with their respective in-laws before marriage.

Naturally, it shouldn't be so much trouble having in laws around now and again... As long as the couple are mature enough to handle day to day issues.

Hmmm,they are back preaching what they obviously don't practise

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nyceguy92: 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
AZeD1:

Why limit it to the bedroom? Don't tell me you'd have all that space in the house and limit the action to just one corner of the pitch.

Lol...
I mentioned bedroom because it is the common arena ...
And because the seemingly puritan/conservative atmosphere engendered by the presence of the MIL and the kids.

I am aware that next to the bedroom, many people do it in the sitting room.
There you have enough space for rolling and tumbling.
Lol...

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by sleemoon(m): 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
iRyan:
My mother in law is uber racist and a b*tch too. I been trying to get along with her, and my wife's been trying to get us along too. There's this one time she visited and cooked for just my wife and our miscreant doggy. Yeah she pretended not to know I was home lol. She now visits when I am away on a business trip. The bonding process seems to be taking more time than I expected.

Heyya... Sorry bro... All dis can neva happen in naija.... Cos our inlaws tk time to screen nd scrutinize d bride or groom b4 marriage... Only happens in rare cases that d inlaws only meet d son inlaw or daughter inlaw 1ce or 2ce....
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
Luckymay:
What are you saying?
what did u hear
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
I dnt support aving MILs in ur home on a permanent stay.
My own MIL is really a funny case, weneva she's around i cnt communicate nd play freely wit my man anymore bcs wen i do i notice she doesnt seem too happy dat she will jst sit in a corner brooding nd she wil neva engage in our discuss bt wen we disagree u will see her chatting excitedly wit her son pretending she doesn't knw all isn't well btw us.

3 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Greatidonis: 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
Think some factors will make MIL staying with couples become easier, and that is the bigger the house the easier it becomes. So everyone can still have his or her corner and don't seem to be trespassing or intruding.
your MIL can be in your house and you still don't get to meet her for days, depending on how busy you are too and big is the house.
They seem to be better in taking care of kids than anybody you can find and pay anywhere. A mother in law will never do bad to her grand child when no one is in the house, some house help them wiked die, then fit dey jealous watin you buy for your pikin sef. cheesy
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Greatidonis: 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
I think some factors will make MIL staying with couples become easier, and that is the bigger the house the easier it becomes. So everyone can still have his or her corner and don't seem to be trespassing or intruding.
your MIL can be in your house and you still don't get to meet her for days, depending on how busy you are and how big is the house.
They seem to be better in taking care of kids than anybody you can find and pay anywhere. A mother in law will never do bad to her grand child when no one is in the house, some house help them wiked die, then fit dey jealous watin you buy for your pikin sef. cheesy
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by holyfather(m): 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
eph12:

Young couples without kids may want to have sex anywhere in the house

All these "have sex anywhere" things , are they dogs?
Mstcheww
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by holyfather(m): 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
eph12:

Young couples without kids may want to have sex anywhere in the house

All these "have sex anywhere" things , are they dogs?
Mstcheww
Smh
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
Sermwell:

Hmmm...olivia long time o! I saw u at faculty of arts last semester posing for a pix! I actually wanted to say hi but I was shy. grin hope I can say hi when next I see u? cool

*singing in wyclefs voice* who go b d next maga, 41 magas b4 u ran awayyy.u said u didn't oo buh ur yansh don open oo.u suppose leave nl in peace o 4 u b vampire sucking on human blood is dat ur appetite..oh diallo diallo

1 Like

Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by BABANGBALI: 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
Fabulocity:
Would she be in the bedroom with them while they have sex?
is it sex you have with your husband?I thought you guys were supposed to be making love and not sex. I sex my girl friend but make love to my wife kiss kiss
Re: Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? by LoveJesus87(m): 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Berbierklaus:

cool

Its just the truth,I have a medal in human relationship management tongue
no mind dis one abeg make we hook up jare @ olatejumichael87@gmail.com cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wife's Infidelity; Please Advise. / Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Pregnant Woman Climbs High Stool For Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.