Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This (85591 Views)

Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR / I Planned Travel To China For Studies. / Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by Mrjuice: 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
claremont:

It's not the only country. It can be done in the UK, and many students have transitioned to British citizens in 5 years.

I support the view of the OP based on the current immigration climate in the UK. I would join the OP to urge prospective international students to consider migrating to countries with flexible immigration policies. The UK has got one of the best tertiary education systems in the world, but the downside of the UK is that it has a draconian immigration structure, even more so with the 'Brexit' decision. If the intention of the international student is to get a good education and go back to his/her country, then by all means, come to the UK; but if the intention is to stay behind after studies, it's increasingly difficult (not impossible) to do that in the UK.

There are only 3 main routes of staying behind for an international student in the UK; these are the Tier 1/2 visa route, the marriage route, or the British Army route. These routes are not easy to get, and the system has got safeguards (pitfalls) that you must go through to get to the end point i.e. British passport.

I just stumbled on this, bro pls is it true that one can get residency/work permit if u have a child by a British citizen while in the UK, someone told me this but I want to know if it is true
Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
popplm:
but I think they are considering adjustment on their immigration policy on tier4 student Visa. I saw jo Johnson tweet of bringing back the post study policy after brexit.
The same Johnson may be ousted next week.
Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by popplm(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

The same Johnson may be ousted next week.
post study is back for good grin

3 Likes

Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by ThePianoGuy: 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
popplm:
but I think they are considering adjustment on their immigration policy on tier4 student Visa. I saw jo Johnson tweet of bringing back the post study policy after brexit.
the policy has changed
Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by Cece592(f): 1:20pm On Feb 29, 2020
Hello everyone
Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by missidy: 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2021
So now there is a 2yrs work permit. My question is what happens after the 2yrs work permit expires? Can one still stay back or you have to leave. I don't want to invest so much into relocating to UK and then have to leave after after the 2yrs work permit expires. Please someone should clarify me.

1 Like

Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by Vicktorhmustjap: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2021
missidy:
So now there is a 2yrs work permit. My question is what happens after the 2yrs work permit expires? Can one still stay back or you have to leave. I don't want to invest so much into relocating to UK and then have to leave after after the 2yrs work permit expires. Please someone should clarify me.
. Co asking... What are the available route of staying behind after the 2 years work visa expire
Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by bidemib(f): 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
missidy:

I read somewhere that after this 2yrs post study, you can apply for a skilled worker visa

1 Like

Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by missidy: 5:09am On Mar 25, 2022
Ok, thank you. This UK can't even give people PR, na wa.

bidemib:

I read somewhere that after this 2yrs post study, you can apply for a skilled worker visa
Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by Focus99: 11:29am On Nov 26, 2022
Very big lie my younger bro in finland graduated and got a good white collar job. Even before he graduated, the school employed him and pay him very well.

Omo my brother is good, they are twins..the other is in USA and they are catching out big time with good white collar job

Oga nor come here they discourage people, people destiny differs if people when you know nor they Progress for country nor mean say others nor go Progress. There are jobs in Finland you all...they have the cleanest air in the world �

presiade:

Lol! In Finland, after your master's degree if you are ok with CLEANING jobs you will be fine earning around 1500e per month. Some black PhD students do cleaning/delivery jobs here... Just to let you know... Finns won't give you white collar jobs easily, if at all... #facts
Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by Panasonic101: 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
Those who didn’t listen to this Mumu advise in 2016 should be working towards their citizenship by now (2022). Dey there dey Mumu!!
Re: Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This by presiade(m): 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
Focus99:
Very big lie my younger bro in finland graduated and got a good white collar job. Even before he graduated, the school employed him and pay him very well.

Omo my brother is good, they are twins..the other is in USA and they are catching out big time with good white collar job

Oga nor come here they discourage people, people destiny differs if people when you know nor they Progress for country nor mean say others nor go Progress. There are jobs in Finland you all...they have the cleanest air in the world �

Yes, after 6 years that unsung people like us almost single-handedly fought them to change their ways, people like you can start reaping the benefits without knowing what efforts were put in and thinking it came free of charge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.