Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo (17709 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG's Subsidy On Fuel Hits N29.68bn In 14 Days / FG To Withdraw Subsidy On Fertiliser – Agriculture Minister / Subsidy On Petrol Rises To N9.09 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by donnie(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2016
1.4 trillion saved. Where?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by donnie(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2016
We keep hearing of money being recovered and saved. No one is telling or giving account of what the money is used for. Well, you will surely give account, if not today, tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by QuickLoans(f): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2016
What's the essence of him saving that huge amount if he is not investing it to better our lives?
He should create job opportunities for the unemployed graduates and underemployed graduates and stop exploiting the poor in this country all in the name of subsidy removal.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by hucienda: 9:35am On Aug 26, 2016
globe16:

Really do these type of zombies still exist in Today's Nigeria Does Pastor Osibanjo still remember that all liars are going to hell?

anti-zombie serum? cheesy cheesy cheesy

lwkmd ... you guys can rili crack up someone here in NL. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by cliquevibes(m): 9:36am On Aug 26, 2016
Correct Me if am wrong, Was it nt still d same subsidy dat d previous administration tried to remove dat d so called APC went against and said it wuld only bring hardship upon Nigerians

Who knew dat d removal had such benefit, If so y go against d removal of d subsidy during d regime of jonathan...

Politics is really a dirty game!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by Icecomrade: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2016
Noblecx:
Petrol would have been selling below #87 if this money is used in subsidizing fuel...

In Nigeria, the more we look the less we see the bigger picture...

This govt is killing the masses...

God bless your heart. Many Nigerians are just too myopic to see that the cost of this saving is the suffering, hunger, inflation and inability of the little naira they get to buy anything reasonable in the market.

Some brains are cursed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by lagboy19: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2016
Allah should intervein in our country problem because we are the most richest country in the world and again we are the most poorest living in the globe please for you to understand me go to Malaysia an see the can live the citizen are living we our own country please let pray to Olodumare,Allah,God in what ever way you understand or call you creator Pray for our dearest Country NIGERIA for the unborn children of our Nation
Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by bumi10(m): 9:41am On Aug 26, 2016
to what end?

mtchwwwww

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by CoolFreeday(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2016
omogin:
Ok then why not pay salaries and pay contractors and get this economy going again. Don't know if APC is to be trusted with anything.

is the Federal govt owing workers? no. or you are expecting the Federal govt to still give bailout to the states that couldn't account for the first one they collected.
The last time I check, the contractors are being mobilise to site and are receiving part of their payment.

#Gradually Nigeria will get better.
Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by Omeny: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2016
Saving such huge amount of Money yet the Economy is drowning,
Firms are having bad times and folding up and hunger in the land.
I will believe this when I see the Economy bounce back and pple start feeling a better live but for NOW,Save me all these trash.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 26, 2016
That's believable. The extra collective expenditure Nigerians are making on petrol alone as a result of subsidy removal may amount to N1.4tr as well. The extra collective expenditure on all things affected by petrol, however, is so ghastly that it has inspired migration and suicides.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by frankobaba(m): 9:49am On Aug 26, 2016
Medallion Energy Resources

A consumer-focused private company that provides cost-effective services in Nigeria's downstream oil & gas sector is now accepting unsolicited CV's for various positions in the Oil & Gas downstream sector.

Application portal just opened 25/08/2016

Applicants are to apply on the career section of the website.

Follow the link at the bottom of the blog. Please inform others who might need this info.

http://www.itsfranklin.com/2016/08/we-are-accepting-cv.html?m=1
Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by chloedogie(m): 9:50am On Aug 26, 2016
Let me do a little mathematics here. The VP said the presidency has saved 1.5 trillion Naira in how many months of increasing the pump price to 145Naira. But here is the real impact on the economy. On the average, there are indications that Nigeria consumes 33,000,000 litres of PMS in a day.

So if you increased the pump price to 145Naira from 86Naira, it means you added 59Naira to it.

Now multiply 33,000,000 by 59Naira for one day that will be = 1,947,000,000 trillion Naira.(1.9trillion)

So the masses are loosing 1.9trillion naira per day and the government has saved only 1.5trillion naira in how many days or months of increasing the pump price. Ain't an economist but from that statistics, things are not adding up accurately in my own view. People within this forum can still educate me better sha. Open up for schooling if I'm wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by DonCortino: 9:50am On Aug 26, 2016
Akuko!
Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by claremont(m): 9:50am On Aug 26, 2016
omogin:
Ok then why not pay salaries and pay contractors and get this economy going again. Don't know if APC is to be trusted with anything.

Whose salary is the Federal Government owing, and what parastatal?! If you cannot answer this question, then I can conclude that your comment is a pathetic attempt to get 'likes'. Now take all the likes you have received to the bank, you can convert them to cash and pay yourself salary with the proceeds.
Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by precious1967(m): 9:56am On Aug 26, 2016
welldone. has he given d money to kerry?
Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2016
This midget still has the nerve to talk. Hey man! Your boss is failing, and his popularity is fast declining.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 26, 2016
futurenix:
You realize trillions from fuel subsidy removal,

have realize trillions since the inception of forex floating policy making approximately 110 naira per dollar sold,

Trillions realized from looters,

billions also realized from import duty and tax

And you still complain of no money to boost the economy.

Wonder if all what has been generated is a mere paper or the legal tender I know or some people are still looting it.

These people are not qualified to be in this 21st century and should be moved to another planet.
Didn't these charlatans say the country was broke a while ago. What the heck are they saving the money for? They need to be clear about their plans for the economy ( if they have any) The economy is gradually grinding to a halt and these ppl are still spewing BS everyday. God Help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by lielbree: 10:05am On Aug 26, 2016
Pictures of what project the 1trillion is being used for or I don't believe it! angry
Bloody liars

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by precious1967(m): 10:06am On Aug 26, 2016
olatunji21:

Civil Servant and Salary sha....Besides, the FG is not owning anyone and as for this month, 2day is 26, five days b4 the month ends officially...
i cannt blame u because u are receiving ur salary regularly or u ve additional way which u're gettin extra money n u want state civil servants to commit sucide, abi?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2016
claremont:

Whose salary is the Federal Government owing, and what parastatal?! If you cannot answer this question, then I can conclude that your comment is a pathetic attempt to get 'likes'. Now take all the likes you have received to the bank, you can convert them to cash and pay yourself salary with the proceeds.
I think federal university lecturers aren't being paid full salary. I was told this by a professor friend of my Dad. I can't verify tho.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2016
Pls used the money saved for the betterment of Nigerians, they are dying

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by Eazeee(m): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2016
kai dis is 1 of d most us.eless statement coming from dis God 4saken apc govt. what does dis man from d brown roof zone take us for? does he think we all re zombies in dis con3? ok we all know from history dat money in billions & trillions are budgeted for subsidy yearly & now dat d subsidy is removed from our budget what den become of d billions & trillions? is it not logical dat d money must definitely b saved? more so his statement is a clear indictment of d cluelessness of dis govt as no wise or sane man will just save such money without channelling it into other important aspect of d economy more especially @ dis kind of chanji era where d economy needs an urgent deliverance. no wonder Jesus wept

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2016
Where the money dey because we know say no be inside the economy you put am. Abi is somebori saving for his generations unborn? Hmmmm....... I no call name oh!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 26, 2016
And what da fuq has he done with d monies other than PAUPERISE/IMPOVERISH/DE-HUMANISE the common man....& blame previous govt, RAWBISHNESS!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by nek12: 10:15am On Aug 26, 2016
Good, no more borrowing. They should bring out the money to move this country forward.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by segebase(m): 10:24am On Aug 26, 2016
guess bullhari and wenger are baba ijebu...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by hohafrank(m): 10:27am On Aug 26, 2016
Save what? While the masses have spent more than that because of pomp fuel price increase.This is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. God will judge this APC led by the dullard government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by donfineboi: 10:28am On Aug 26, 2016
CoolFreeday:

is the Federal govt owing workers? no. or you are expecting the Federal govt to still give bailout to the states that couldn't account for the first one they collected.
The last time I check, the contractors are being mobilise to site and are receiving part of their payment.

#Gradually Nigeria will get better.
Are u quick to forget the shameless dispostion of our federal government towards sportsmen in the just concluded Olympics why do you think the Japanese billionaire was generous to the plight of the eagles?..... The cries and worries of our athletes....Even Siasia is being owed 4 months salary..... our embassies accross the world are being owed salaries.... Just the few I am aware of.

Lets try and be real and truthful to ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo by reality2019(m): 10:33am On Aug 26, 2016
how do we feel the impact? while the mazes are staving and the govt is doing nothing about it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq Escaped Assassination, As Saraki Thugs Strikes / APC Lied! I Am Still In PDP — Gulak / Osinbajo’s Statement On Magu Was A Personal Opinion – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.