Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished (2473 Views)

Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by Truthman83(m): 3:18am On Aug 26, 2016
The stories I was taught me in Sunday School seemed a little odd: God turning Lot's wife into a pillar of salt just for turning around at the wrong time. Jonah being swallowed by a fish. I doubted a person could survive long in a fish. How would they breathe? And Jesus dying for my sins and rising again, all before I was even born. The New Testament turned out to be almost 2000 years old; that's hardly what I considered “new”. Even as a kid I could see that the technological and scientific progress since then probably shed a new light on the interpretation of biblical events.

The bible is about 2000 years old, and the world is no longer the same as used to be. Slavery is abolished, gay marriage is legal, and the Christian faith is split into dozens of different denominations. Everyone interprets the bible differently because it is so old. If the bible were to be updated, everyone could see it in the same way. Otherwise the bible will just fade into the past, and Christianity will end up like the old Norse, Greek, and Egyptian religions.

The Bible, in Revelation, clearly states that nothing is to be added to or taken away from it. Meaning killing of gays,newly wedded who ain't virgin,rape, slavery must go on. This is why this book must be abolished. Am I wrong brothers and sisters?

4 Likes

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by ificatchmodeh: 3:24am On Aug 26, 2016
Truthman83:

The stories I was taught me in Sunday School seemed a little odd: God turning Lot's wife into a pillar of salt just for turning around at the wrong time. Jonah being swallowed by a fish. I doubted a person could survive long in a fish. How would they breathe? And Jesus dying for my sins and rising again, all before I was even born. The New Testament turned out to be almost 2000 years old; that's hardly what I considered “new”. Even as a kid I could see that the technological and scientific progress since then probably shed a new light on the interpretation of biblical events.

The bible is about 2000 years old, and the world is no longer the same as used to be. Slavery is abolished, gay marriage is legal, and the Christian faith is split into dozens of different denominations. Everyone interprets the bible differently because it is so old. If the bible were to be updated, everyone could see it in the same way. Otherwise the bible will just fade into the past, and Christianity will end up like the old Norse, Greek, and Egyptian religions.

The Bible, in Revelation, clearly states that nothing is to be added to or taken away from it. Meaning killing of gays,newly wedded who ain't virgin,rape, slavery must go on. This is why this book must be abolished. Am I wrong brothers and sisters?

Bros..shebi I told you....weed and 501..with kunu..no good..na kabad..
Now you see am..
Okay o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by Pidggin(f): 5:31am On Aug 26, 2016
If you are not a Christian I don't see how this issue affects you.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by psalmade(m): 6:46am On Aug 26, 2016
Pidggin:
I love this comment.
Bro, if you ain't a child of God then the things of God shouldn't concern you. The things of the spirit cannot be comprehended by carnal men for they are meant to be spiritually discerned. I pray you find peace bro, Good morning

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by Truthman83(m): 10:13am On Aug 26, 2016
psalmade:
I love this comment.
Bro, if you ain't a child of God then the things of God shouldn't concern you. The things of the spirit cannot be comprehended by carnal men for they are meant to be spiritually discerned. I pray you find peace bro, Good morning

Thanks for the comment.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by winner01(m): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2016
Pidggin:
Do atheists ever have anything to talk about other than God and christianity? undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by Pidggin(f): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:
Do atheists ever have anything to talk about other than God and christianity? undecided

Very true lol
Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by cloudgoddess(f): 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pidggin:
psalmade:
I love this comment.
Lol. Christians claim to be of such moral high ground yet they can't fathom why someone would care collectively for humanity?

The f*cked up things in the bible have caused an unfathomable amount of suffering for humans across the ages. It's the source of so many horrid ideas that have really wrecked people's lives (like the killing of women & children for being witches, murder of homosexuals for loving who they can't help but love, the robbery of people's freedom through slavery, etc).

But no, other people's pain doesn't affect us directly so let's just ignore it. Pure genius. A truly Christian approach smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by psalmade(m): 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Lol. Christians claim to be of such moral high ground yet they can't fathom why someone would care collectively for humanity?

The f*cked up things in the bible have caused an unfathomable amount of suffering for humans across the ages. It's the source of so many horrid ideas that have really wrecked people's lives (like the killing of women & children for being witches, murder of homosexuals for loving who they can't help but love, the robbery of people's freedom through slavery, etc).

But no, other people's pain doesn't affect us directly so let's just ignore it. Pure genius. A truly Christian approach smiley
you'll soon see light..
Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by MrMontella(m): 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
psalmade:
you'll soon see light..
i can see the light in you..
Talking snakes...talking donkeys..

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by cloudgoddess(f): 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
MrMontella:

i can see the light in you..
Talking snakes...talking donkeys..
Lmao tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by winner01(m): 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Are you insinuating that atheism is peaceful, cos I can give you a list of sufferings inflicted on the innocent by atheists, accross the ages.
Also, how are you morally better than any other religious individual out there?
Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by EyeHateGod: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
winner01:
Says someone that have over 140 topic on Atheism undecided

1 Like

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by winner01(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Says someone that have over 140 topic on Atheism undecided
Relax please. You'll loose count soon
Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by oaroloye(m): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
Truthman83:

The stories I was taught me in Sunday School seemed a little odd: God turning Lot's wife into a pillar of salt just for turning around at the wrong time.

SHALOM!

Instead of presuming and Blaspheming, why don't you do diligent research?

Why don't you study the Bible Languages, instead of following Translations?

The Church of the East uses the Aramaic Bible, and the foremost Aramaic scholar, GEORGE LAMSA reported in his footnote to that passage that: "TO TURN INTO A PILLAR OF SALT" is an Aramaic expression, meaning: "TO BE PETRIFIED TO DEATH WITH FEAR."

God knew what He was talking about, when His Angels warned Lot's family NOT TO LOOK BACK.

. MATTHEW 9:16-17.

16. "No man putteth a piece of new cloth
unto an old garment,
for that which is put in to fill it up
taketh from the garment,
and the rent is made worse.
17. "Neither do men put new wine into old bottles:
else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out,
and the bottles perish:
but they put new wine into new bottles,
and both are preserved."

THERE IS SENSE DATA, WHICH CAN KILL A HUMAN BEING, JUST BY PERCEIVING IT.

Jonah being swallowed by a fish. I doubted a person could survive long in a fish. How would they breathe?

WHO TOLD YOU THAT JONAH SURVIVED IN THE FISH?

JONAH DIED and went to SHEOL.

God heard his Prayer, and Resurrected him from the dead.

In modern times, KENNETH ERWIN HAGIN, the FAITH pioneer, died, and went to HELL, and at the Gate of Hell itself, he was raised from the dead by the Prayers of his mother and grandmother three times, until he finally converted, and accepted Jesus into his heart.

Why do you think that the SuperNatural God must only use Natural Means?

Why do you discount the HOLINESS of the Prophet Jonah?

You made no objection to the alleged fact that God spoke to Jonah.

You made no objection to the alleged fact that a storm was created specially to force Jonah to leave the ship.

You made no objection to the alleged fact that said storm stopped, immediately Jonah was thrown overboard at his own request.

However, you object to everything else.

The principal Assyrian God, DAGON was associated with fish, therefore it made a great impression on them, that a man was swallowed by a fish, and came and told them to repent.

And Jesus dying for my sins and rising again, all before I was even born. The New Testament turned out to be almost 2000 years old; that's hardly what I considered “new”. Even as a kid I could see that the technological and scientific progress since then probably shed a new light on the interpretation of biblical events.

Time has no effect in Spiritual Fundamentals.

The bible is about 2000 years old, and the world is no longer the same as used to be.

THE WORLD IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT WAS 2,000 YEARS AGO!

The Earth is made of the same MEST (Matter, Energy, Space, Time) that it always was.

All that has happened is that they moved the furniture around a bit.

Slavery is abolished,

SLAVERY WAS NEVER ABOLISHED.

The MASTERS stopped paying for their Slaves' housing and feeding: THAT'S IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8

gay marriage is legal,

Homosexuality was always part of Oyinbo Life- you are just hearing about it- that is all.

and the Christian faith is split into dozens of different denominations.

CHRISTIAN FAITH IS NOT SPLIT.

There is only ONE Christian Faith: the rest are just Counterfeits.

. MATTHEW 13:24-30.

24. Another Parable put he forth unto them, saying,
"The Kingdom of Heaven
is likened unto a man
which sowed Good Seed
in his Field:
25. "But while men slept,
his Enemy came
and sowed Tares among the Wheat,
and went his way.
26. "But when the blade was sprung up,
and brought forth fruit,
then appeared the tares also.
27. "So the servants of the householder
came and said unto him,

'SIR, DIDST NOT THOU
SOW GOOD SEED IN THY FIELD?
FROM WHENCE THEN
HATH IT TARES?'

28. "He said unto them,

'AN ENEMY HATH DONE THIS.'

The Servants said unto him,

'WILT THOU THEN
THAT WE GO
AND GATHER THEM UP?'

29. "But he said,

'NAY; LEST WHILE YE
GATHER UP THE TARES,
YE ROOT UP ALSO
THE WHEAT WITH THEM.
30. 'LET BOTH GROW TOGETHER
UNTIL THE HARVEST:
AND IN THE TIME OF HARVEST
I WILL SAY TO THE REAPERS,

"GATHER YE TOGETHER
FIRST THE TARES,
AND BIND THEM IN BUNDLES
TO BURN THEM:
BUT GATHER THE WHEAT
INTO MY BARN.' "

Everyone interprets the bible differently because it is so old.

EVERYONE DOES NOT INTERPRET THE BIBLE DIFFERENTLY.

There are four Spiritual Energy categories, and therefore four ways to perceive anything- including The Bible.

. REVELATION 22:11.

11. "He that is UNJUST, let him be Unjust still:
and he which is FILTHY, let him be Filthy still:
and he that is RIGHTEOUS, let him be Righteous still:
and he that is HOLY, let him be Holy still."

. MATTHEW 13:1-23.

THE same day went Jesus out of the house,
and sat by the sea side.
2. And great multitudes were
gathered together unto him,
so that he went into a ship, and sat;
and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
3. And he spake many things
unto them in Parables, saying,
"Behold, a Sower went forth to sow;
4. "And when he sowed,
some seeds fell by the way side,
and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5. "Some fell upon stony places,
where they had not much earth:
and forthwith they sprung up,
because they had no deepness of earth:
6. "And when the Sun was up,
they were scorched;
and because they had no root,
they withered away.
7. "And some fell among thorns;
and the thorns sprung up,
and choked them:
8. "But other fell into good ground,
and brought forth fruit,
some an hundredfold,
some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9. "Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."
10. And the Disciples came, and said unto him,
"Why speakest thou unto them
in Parables?"
11. He answered and said unto them,
"Because it is given unto you to know
The Mysteries of
The Kingdom of Heaven,
but to them it is not given.
12. "For whosoever hath,
to him shall be given,
and he shall have
more abundance:
but whosoever hath not,
from him shall be taken away
even that he hath.
13. "Therefore speak I to them in Parables:
because they seeing see not;
and hearing they hear not,
neither do they understand.
14. "And in them is fulfilled
The Prophecy of Esaias, which saith,

'BY HEARING YE SHALL HEAR,
AND SHALL NOT UNDERSTAND;
AND SEEING YE SHALL SEE,
AND SHALL NOT PERCEIVE:
15. 'FOR THIS PEOPLE'S HEART
IS WAXED GROSS,
AND THEIR EARS
ARE DULL OF HEARING,
AND THEIR EYES
THEY HAVE CLOSED;
LEST AT ANY TIME
THEY SHOULD SEE
WITH THEIR EYES
AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND SHOULD UNDERSTAND
WITH THEIR HEART,
AND SHOULD BE CONVERTED,
AND I SHOULD HEAL THEM.'

16. "But blessed are your eyes, for they see:
and your ears, for they hear.
17. "For verily I say unto you,

'THAT MANY PROPHETS
AND RIGHTEOUS MEN HAVE DESIRED
TO SEE THOSE THINGS WHICH YE SEE,
AND HAVE NOT SEEN THEM;
AND TO HEAR THOSE THINGS
WHICH YE HEAR,
AND HAVE NOT HEARD THEM.'

18 “Hear ye therefore The Parable of the Sower.

19. 'When any one heareth
The Word of The Kingdom,
and Understandeth it not,
then cometh The Wicked One,
and catcheth away
that which was sown in his heart.
This is he which
received Seed by the Way Side.
20. 'But he that received
the Seed into Stony Places,
the same is he
that heareth The Word,
and anon with joy receiveth it;
21. 'Yet hath he not root
in himself,
but dureth for a while:
for when Tribulation or Persecution
ariseth because of The Word,
by and by he is offended.
22. 'He also that received
Seed Among the Thorns
is he that heareth The Word;
and the Care of this World,
and the Deceitfulness of Riches,
choke The Word,
and he becometh unfruitful.
23. 'But he that received
Seed into the Good Ground
is he that heareth The Word,
and Understandeth It;
which also beareth Fruit,
and bringeth forth,
some an hundredfold,
some sixty, some thirty.' "

THEREFORE THOSE IN EACH SPIRITUAL ENERGY CATEGORY WILL PERCEIVE THE WORDS OF GOD DIFFERENTLY.

. THE FOUR LEVELS OF PERCEPTION. by L. Ron Hubbard

4. Differentiation: the intelligent ability to perceive
the differences between similar things.

3. Association: the intelligent ability to perceive
the similarities between different things.

2. Identification: the insane inability to perceive
the differences between different things.

1. Dissociation: the insane inability to perceive
the similarities between similar things.

0. Death: the inability to perceive anything at all.

[See: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THOUGHT, by L. Ron Hubbard.]

IF EVERYBODY PERCEIVED THE BIBLE DIFFERENTLY, THERE WOULD BE MILLIONS OF WAYS TO INTERPRET THE BIBLE.

If the bible were to be updated, everyone could see it in the same way.

KID... HOW OLD ARE YOU- NINE?

Clearly, you never bothered to study church History, nor Human Nature!

There is only ONE genuine Bible- the KING JAMES VERSION.

This was translated from the Hebrew Old Testament used by the Jews, and the Greek New Testament, which came from the ORIGINAL CHRISTIANS out of ANTIOCH.

. ACTS 11:26.

26. And when he had found him,
he brought him unto Antioch.
And it came to pass,
that a whole year they
assembled themselves
with the Church,
and taught much people.
And the Disciples
were called Christians
first in Antioch.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HATED THE GENUINE GREEK MANUSCRIPT USERS, AND WHEN CONSTANTINE GOT IN BED WITH THEM, THEY TURNED TO THE EGYPTIAN MYSTERY SCHOOLS FOR A BIBLE OF THEIR OWN. Origen Adamantius of Alexandria concocted a Bible according to HIS Belief- which were ARIAN- after the founder of the JEHOVAH'S WITLESSES (sic) ARIUS- therefore he removed 1st John 5:7.

Otherwise the bible will just fade into the past, and Christianity will end up like the old Norse, Greek, and Egyptian religions.

Have you ever studied History at all?

The Bible CANNOT fade away to anywhere.

The New testament has been here for 2,000 years.

The Bible, in Revelation, clearly states that nothing is to be added to or taken away from it.

THE BIBLE DOES NOT SAY THAT.

The Bible only said that nothing was to be taken away from THE BOOK OF REVELATION.

Meaning killing of gays,newly wedded who ain't virgin,rape, slavery must go on.

The Bible never told us to do any of those things.

This is why this book must be abolished. Am I wrong brothers and sisters?

You could not be more wrong if you tried.
Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by JSoE(f): 2:31am On Aug 28, 2016
Says a lot.

Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by hjkl: 7:26am On Aug 28, 2016
I think that the Bible should not be changed but that good preachers are needed. That is just what they are for.
Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by firstking01(m): 9:05am On Aug 28, 2016
Truthman83:

Don't you dare compare God and things of the world, are you that spiritually blind that you cannot know that God never grow old and that heaven and earth shall pass away but one jot of His world shall never pass awayundecided??
Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by Truthman83(m): 9:32am On Aug 28, 2016
firstking01:
Don't you dare compare God and things of the world, are you that spiritually blind that you cannot know that God never grow old and that heaven and earth shall pass away but one jot of His world shall never pass awayundecided??

How did you know Sir?
Re: The Bible Needs To Be Updated Or Abolished by firstking01(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2016
Truthman83:

How did you know Sir?
Lol, see question, e nor dey your bible??

(1) (Reply)

The YOLO Deception / LAGOS LEAFLETS & FLYERS DISTRIBUTORS / Thank God For Broke Christians & Rich Unbelievers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.