Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads (16317 Views)

Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Accident Along Ibadan Expressway. Graphic Photos / I Will Resign If Abuja Airport Is Not Reopened After 6 Weeks – Aviation Minister / Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by divide9ja: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
Well u vote a dullard, wetin you expect?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by kingmekus(m): 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
t
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
mightyhazell:
So dollar is now officially 350naira to 1!!

Where are those ppl asking us if 1 dollar to 211naira was ok?
I guess dey meant 211 was too small to xchange for a dollar! Perhaps 1000naira to a dollar is wot dey have in stock for us

And the sad part is that we have 3 more years with this administration

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by NoreenUG(f): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
madridsta007:

When you have your Minister of Aviation (Transport) as a thoroughbred Naija politician this happens.

Amaechi is busy helping to wreck PDP in the South South or, when I slightly concerned, looks for a PDP train to commission.

Sadly when we had a professional there, Stela Oduah, Nigerians and especially the South West media helped demonising and pulling her down- because she is Igbo! Ironically, the Aviation-related jobs that will be lost will be jobs largely located in the South West.

Let this 'change' continue. I think this is a punishment from God. Buhari please fire on.

Those buffoons are so drenched in their iddiocy it's hilarious.
Let their thieving overlords keep feeding them with propaganda to distract them from the massive failure being recorded accross the federation.
Let them keep chanting "Stealer Oduah" like the dumbos they are.

And did you notice that they were the same people accusing Stella Oduah for faking a masters degree certificate, but as soon as Buhari was exposed as not even having a WAEC result, they all suddenly started defending him?

People of no principles.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Bashirfuntua(m): 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by wristbangle: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Atimes I am forced to rain curse on Bubu daura angryangry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by jrusky(m): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
abokibuhari:

We are going to 'ZIMBABWE' cheesy

Yes even worse than Zimbabwe loading, Nigeria ain't see anything yet when the pains is too much people will jump to the street and speak up and chase him as his failed party out of power the way the Burkinafaso did when their a r s e was on hot pot too long, Nigerians are still quiet because the pains has not really hit them well when it hit them hard and harsh they will jump to street and do the right thing.

More will be shut down and many companies will leave, more is loading. My anger on APC and Buhari is simply they lied to Nigeria to hate the Devil we already known. What annoys me most in life is LIES" you know you can not do something or don't even have plan at all but go out there to deceive people that you are the angel not known that you are a real Satan. APC disgust me with passion within 13 months Nigeria already vanished in any big talk in Africa in which during the past govt despite their loots Nigeria still the very big guy in virtually everything in African community but Nigeria is now a joker even to a small country like Gambia, Sao Tome etc Nigeria is a joke just big for nothing smply because a tall for nothing is the head what do you expect

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Okeikpu(m): 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
THE HIGHLY INTELIGENT DULLARD FROM DAURA WILL HV TO BLAME JONATHAN 4DS sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by aimuan(m): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
nikkygal:
Waow!!! This country seems to be grinding to a halt quicker than we even thought. Losing our place as the main aviation hub in West Africa is a major blow as the number of jobs, services and other revenue streams tied to this decision will set us back billions of Naira. It's widely known that our airport taxes is one of the highest in the African region, yet we still can not plough this back to make the airport such an enviable edifice worthy of international recognition and hence, a cash cow.

The multiplier effects of this decision might go as far as even affecting the nigerian pilots on these airlines, as they might be forced to shed some jobs since the route is no longer lucrative for them. Our policies in Nigeria can be counter-productive sha...You say you want to increase FDI, yet your policies are antithetical to the very sermon which you preach.

This week alone, Sun International (International hospitality brand) has said it will be elaving Nigeria, over 3000 dock workers have lost their jobs, the export ploic is a sham - It's taking almost 30days to clear exports out of Nigeria due to multiple ports inspections & levies, yet you want to encourage exports, almost 300 SMEs closed shop, 45% of Manufacturers now operate on less than 60% of installed capacity etc...Just bad news galore!!!

I just tire for this country.....It's official that this government is confused!!!

Lalasticlala
Dominique
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
abi u follow bring them come power.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2016
See me see Ghana o, oil is indeed a curse.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by madridsta007(m): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2016
NoreenUG:

Those buffoons are so drenched in their iddiocy it's hilarious.
Let their thieving overlords keep feeding them with propaganda to distract them from the massive failure being recorded accross the federation.
Let them keep chanting "Stealer Oduah" like the dumbos they are.

And did you notice that they were the same people accusing Stella Oduah for faking a masters degree certificate, but as soon as Buhari was exposed as not even having a WAEC result, they all suddenly started defending him?

People of no principles.

My sister, the worst people to deal with are persons with no principles. Today they are here, tomorrow they are there.

Their accusations about Stella's certificate was, to me, the height of puerility. And it also showed their stark ignorance. If only they knew the serious academic vetting that happens before any staff is employed in the Oil and Gas industry, which Stella Oduah previously was.

Let other countries claim what belonged to Nigeria. Ethiopia and Kenya have taken the top FDI position from Nigeria; South Africa has taken back the top economy; Ghana, a country of Lagos population, is now the prime hub for Aviation- jobs which over 90% were domiciled in Lagos.

And this is barely 1.5 years out of 8 years!

Ben Bruce talks about common-sense. I am sorry, Senator, your Tweets and Facebook posts can't drive in common-sense faster than a Buhari-induced hunger would.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by chachanga: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
I pray they get it all the proper indices right so we regain our market dominance. We can't be bleeding cash all over the place in dire times like this.

The dynamics of acquiring their aviation from Nigeria as hub's more green than going over to Ghana. It's gonna be a bit of an oversized shoe for the Ghanaians too.

The faster we quickly work out all the kinks in our supply chain dynamics, the better, especially if we do it fast enough before them our Ghanaian bros start growing comfy in our shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Rick9(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2016
The bad NEWS emanating from this country everyday, got me thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by breakeven: 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
Wiil anything good ever come out from this buhari govt? Well we are watching.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by obailala(m): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
Dangote please do quick and save Nigeria from these endless series of bad news.
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by biggestmanhood(m): 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
buhari is a monumental failure and a disaster

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by jrusky(m): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
madridsta007:

My brother, the worst people to deal with are persons with no principles. Today they are here, tomorrow they are there.

Their accusations about Stella's certificate was, to me, the height of puerility. And it also showed their stark ignorance. If only they knew the serious academic vetting that happens before any staff is employed in the Oil and Gas industry, which Stella Oduah previously was.

Let other countries claim what belonged to Nigeria. Ethiopia and Kenya have taken the top FDI position from Nigeria; South Africa has taken back the top economy; Ghana has, a country of Lagos population, is now the prime hub for Aviation- jobs which over 90% were domiciled in Lagos.

And this is barely 1.5 years out of 8 years!

Bro God bless you. I have said it earlier let every other African countries try hard to take all that is left of Nigeria let them de-rank Nigeria in all levels and in every ramifications that is all I want let APC keep blaming and arguing they lack senses and has no dignity just 13 months the country your party is ruling went back 20 years and yet still talking.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by PaulIdu: 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
The problem is Buhari ..the problem is Buhari .the problem is Buhari. .the problem is Buhari. .if you think otherwise then your brain is frail

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Okeikpu(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
I WILL MAKE NAIRA EQUAL TO DOLLAR gringrin DAURA RETARD sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by breakeven: 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
jrusky:

Yes even worse than Zimbabwe loading, Nigeria ain't see anything yet when the pains is too much people will jump to the street and speak up and chase him as his failed party out of power the way the Burkinafaso did when their a r s e was on hot pot too long, Nigerians are still quiet because the pains has not really hit them well when it hit them hard and harsh they will jump to street and do the right thing.

More will be shut down and many companies will leave, more is loading. My anger on APC and Buhari is simply they lied to Nigeria to hate the Devil we already known. What annoys me most in life is LIES" you know you can not do something or don't even have plan at all but go out there to deceive people that you are the angel not known that you are a real Satan. APC disgust me with passion within 13 months Nigeria already vanished in any big talk in Africa in which during the past govt despite their loots Nigeria still the very big guy in virtually everything in African community but Nigeria is now a joker even to a small country like Gambia, Sao Tome etc Nigeria is a joke just big for nothing smply because a tall for nothing is the head what do you expect
Buhari was not qualified to govern Nigeria. He only wanted power to go to the north. He thought he could cover up his ineptitude with high oil price. Unfortunately oil price has plummeted and now he cannot fall back to the brain he does not have in the first place.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by nortcentrallord(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
He shouldn't die please lest they come up with the phrase that "if only he had finished one term" let him finish one term and take us back to the dark age completely so that when next they hear his name, there will be dead silence as the bad memories over take Hussein Bolt in their head.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by AnodaIT(m): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
tomandjerry:
1. And it came to pass, Chai, I don tire.
Make I epp you

1. And it came to pass, when the Lord would punish Nigeria, that he gave them a president under whose hand they were mightily oppressed.
2. Before he ascended the throne, he made them hope, with all manner of promises, that he would bring them to the promised land before the coming year began.
3. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria grew restless with their good condition, and sorely vexed the president under whose hand they had prospered, so that he would not have the office of the president again, but rather resented it.
4. In those days also the Boko haramites laid siege to the north, and slew of the people three and twenty thousand, intending to set up a kingdom which would be ruled by Islam.
5. And they hath rain curses on the anointed president and despised his office, even when the Lord hath warned them;
6. My son, fear the Lord, and fear the king as well; do not associate with those that say 'CHANGE'.
7. For their calamity comes quickly ... and the disaster they both may bring"
8. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria remembered not the good deeds of Jonathan, but thrust him out of the throne, and made Buhari president in his stead.
9. Buhari was seventy and(?) years old when he began to reign. He reigned one and a half years in Nigeria, and the land became impoverished under him.
10. He persecuted also a few of the people, accusing them and casting them into prison. Thus, the opposition was subdued, the people could not find bread to eat and there was hunger in the land.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by BlackSeptember: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Hoookay.....

Form the article

In other words....thanks to decades of neglect of our petroleum infrastructure.....we now have the problems of not refining enough JET-A1 fuel to supply all the airlines

Thanks also to our unstable forex supply due to over-reliance on oil....we have to restrict forex so that we can have enough to meet needs...so all the airlines are moving

Thanks also to repeated vandalisation of the pipelines...and this is all Nigerians fault...not just ND militants.

APC....work dey.Or else....2019 dey.

PDP....well done for not building the three greenfield refineries promised in 2010....as well as not signing PIB and messing up NNPC even more.
you always sound like a broken record. Kudos

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by ephi123(f): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
This government seems to have lost all hold completely.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Bimpe29: 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
When it gets worse, it shall eventually get better. Not really a nice times here in Nigeria, it is pretty difficult, unbearable and unpalatable.
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by moyomax(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
Here are ways to start a business with #100,000 in Nigeria. http://aspire8..nl/?m=1
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Mandu11(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
This apc government have broken alot of records in a record time.Each dai a negative record is made..,even buhari's defenders are tired of defending and might hang their boot on the defending game
The change is real

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
BlackSeptember:
you always sound like a broken record. Kudos

Likewise,I am sure, thanks.
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by tete7000(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2016
Guyman02:
Our Govt made huge mistake at the onset by being vindictive and nepotistic and countries like Ghana are capitalizing on it, but I think the President is now listening to ideas which he has even said Nigerians should write to him on ways forward.
I would not want to continue blaming this govts ineptitude but want to tell PMB that he needs to inspire more confidence in Nigerians, he needs to go around the country and prove to the people that he is for everybody and for nobody, he should stop listening to sycophants surrounding him but look at the constructive criticism from the opposition forces and make use of it and Nigeria will be great.

This Tonda is for John Kerry who wants to sow division in Nigeria with his visit to a section of Nigeria and holding closed door meetings with them that some citizens are viewing with suspicion

A man cannot give what he doesn't have. It will take a miracle for a divisive person to start being reconcilatory. However like Jesus would say 'With God all things are possible'. What Nigeria needs now is divine intervention.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by ekesimo(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
please and pleases grin, there should be a move for the impeachment of pmb as a matter of state of emergency grin for abundant reckless of the economy, for gross division of the indivisibility of the nation and alleged diversion of the exclusive powers to Northern Fulani hegemony

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by repogirl(f): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
The whole of Africa will find somewhere to displace us...even Somalia sef will soon displace us in poverty ranking.

Shame on Buhari!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
Those who witnessed Buhari's reign as a military head of state would agree that what we're seeing now is just a little tip of the iceberg. People have not started queueing for essential commodities like salt, rice, soap etc yet. Nigeria has entered one chance and we'll live it unfortunately. My advice, people should start saving now because like the Americans would say, you ain't see nothing yet.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Catches Fire Along Ikorodu Road / I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... / FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.