Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads (16305 Views)

Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Accident Along Ibadan Expressway. Graphic Photos / I Will Resign If Abuja Airport Is Not Reopened After 6 Weeks – Aviation Minister / Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by theenigma: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
tomandjerry:
1. And it came to pass, when the Lord would punish Nigeria, that he gave them a president under whose hand they were mightily oppressed.
2. Before he ascended the throne, he made them hope, with all manner of promises, that he would bring them to the promised land before the coming year began.
3. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria grew restless with their good condition, and sorely vexed the president under whose hand they had prospered, so that he would not have the office of the president again, but rather resented it.
4. In those days also the Boko haramites laid siege to the north, and slew of the people three and twenty thousand, intending to set up a kingdom which would be ruled by Islam.
5. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria remembered not the good deeds of Jonathan, but thrust him out of the throne, and made Buhari president in his stead.
6. Buhari was seventy and(?) years old when he began to reign. He reigned one and a half years in Nigeria, and the land became impoverished under him.
7. He persecuted also a few of the people, accusing them and casting them into prison. Thus, the opposition was subdued, the people could not find bread to eat and there was hunger in the land.... Chai, I don tire.

Brilliant. Brilliant Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by John902(m): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2016
tomandjerry:
1. And it came to pass, when the Lord would punish Nigeria, that he gave them a president under whose hand they were mightily oppressed.
2. Before he ascended the throne, he made them hope, with all manner of promises, that he would bring them to the promised land before the coming year began.
3. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria grew restless with their good condition, and sorely vexed the president under whose hand they had prospered, so that he would not have the office of the president again, but rather resented it.
4. In those days also the Boko haramites laid siege to the north, and slew of the people three and twenty thousand, intending to set up a kingdom which would be ruled by Islam.
5. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria remembered not the good deeds of Jonathan, but thrust him out of the throne, and made Buhari president in his stead.
6. Buhari was seventy and(?) years old when he began to reign. He reigned one and a half years in Nigeria, and the land became impoverished under him.
7. He persecuted also a few of the people, accusing them and casting them into prison. Thus, the opposition was subdued, the people could not find bread to eat and there was hunger in the land.... Chai, I don tire.
similar to the book of Genesis.
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by bezimo(m): 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
tomandjerry:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by bezimo(m): 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
If I pray a prayer now.How many of the zombies or hailing hailers can say Amen.

All of you who contributed in bringing the unfortunate thing called Buhari to preside over Nigerians, may your lives be completely run the same way he is currently running the country.May things begin to go backward for you the way Nigeria is clearly going backward.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by passionate88: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Beremx don tire to talk?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by bezimo(m): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
damola311:
We've lost everything built in 16 years within just less than 2 years.....

The zombies and hailing hailers dont agree with you because their sense is in the garbage trash can.
It happened because it is easier to destroy than to build.APC just proved that once again

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by hawwal84: 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
I have read your posts on this forum and i find it quite brilliant.

With regards to this issue of the movement of Airline Hub from Nigeria to Ghana,it can be viewed from a different perspective.

The movement has long be coming for industry watchers most especially when the issue of US Airline and Iberia Airlines issuing announcement of suspending operations to Nigerian routes.

A proactive government (or more correctly Transport Minister) should have made his case at the Federal Executive Council as to the need to balance the government policies with regards to the reality on ground.

The building of refinery should not be a major problem if this government is proactive rather than reactive (albeit easier said than done), I feel the issue of modular refineries should have been broached pending when the Dangote mega-refinery is launched. Modular refineries could be completed in a year or even less and I feel Kachikwu should have done this before the subsidy and the attendant effect came into place.

My two cents on this issue is that the Economic Team of this present administration need to show more brain power in anticipating issues rather than being reactionary to issues.
Quakertellicus1:

Hoookay.....

Form the article

In other words....thanks to decades of neglect of our petroleum infrastructure.....we now have the problems of not refining enough JET-A1 fuel to supply all the airlines

Thanks also to our unstable forex supply due to over-reliance on oil....we have to restrict forex so that we can have enough to meet needs...so all the airlines are moving

Thanks also to repeated vandalisation of the pipelines...and this is all Nigerians fault...not just ND militants.

APC....work dey.Or else....2019 dey.

PDP....well done for not building the three greenfield refineries promised in 2010....as well as not signing PIB and messing up NNPC even more.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Okundaye4(m): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
By the time this administration finish with us, we go know the difference btw six n half a dozen.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Itulah(m): 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Apoztl3(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
Viktor1983:
Sai Baba!
What you want is what you get... He who findeth a visa , found a good thing.
And obtains favour from yankee

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by testional(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
Guys! To be honest, I didn't no that Nigeria has gone so bad to this extent! It's that GEJ administration sweep so many things under the carpet or what? Immediately PMB just took over everything just collapse! Mehn ! this is serious. You guys should forget about tribal issues here! We guys need to "CHANGE" this " change"
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by manny4life(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
testional:
Guys! To be honest, I didn't no that Nigeria has gone so bad to this extent! It's that GEJ administration sweep so many things under the carpet or what? Immediately PMB just took over everything just collapse! Mehn ! this is serious. You guys should forget about tribal issues here! We guys need to "CHANGE" this " change"

GEJ's administration did not sweep anything under the rug, GEJ had a very sound and intelligent economic team, the only problem was that corruption was excessive. GEJ had an economic plan: infrastructures to foreign investment, under GEJ, foreign investors were investing in Nigeria, at one point, Nigeria ranked the highest in foreign investment in Africa. Heck, it was hinted that Nigeria is among one of the fastest/emerging nations after it rebased it's GDP joining the MINT league (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey) which are right behind the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India and China). Nigeria had an annual growth rate of about 7% when compounded overtime, estimate had it by 2020, we would have reach the $1trillion GDP.

I'm not exonerating GEJ because I believe he could have done more, but truth is that we have NEVER had it this bad. More importantly now that subsidy is removed, I can only imagine the suffering Nigerians are facing. When you have a president that vindictive and divisive, well, this is the result you get. This is why GEJ is different: he included the north, heck he pleased them more than the south, yet they hated him. I think Nigerians need to enjoy the "CHANGE" they voted for.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Let me just say this: Petrol is 550naira/litre in UK...so let's just leave it at that
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by Lionhearted511: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
You guys think the Daura slowpoke cares about your wailings and cries? We could all die of starvation for all he cares. What he cares about is WAI to discipline u before hunger finishes u off.
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by NobleG1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2016
Impeach this id*iotic ab*oki now!!
Re: Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads by junnyjake(m): 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
tomandjerry:

Chai, this is totally creative, and for a moment I lost myself in humor, but upon realization of being fed with the day's dose of bad news, the euphoric feeling came to an abrupt halt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Normal Traffic Operations Resume In USA / FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard / How Much Does Issuing Of State Of Origin Certificate Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.