Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife (5126 Views)

‘my Brother-in-law Wants To Share Bed With Me’ / Couple Who Have Been Married For 65 Years Share A Kiss In Beautiful Photos / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by sisisioge: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nothing is wrong o. How could something be wrong? Is she fearful of catching some skin diseases or what from you? Nothing is wrong with it.
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by thorpido(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2016
uboma:

If in this generation, you still do not know the health implication of sharing bathing sponge with anyone no matter how close, then I can't really explain to you. Try Google.com

The spiritual reasons given by you is laughable and shows your level of ignorance.
Can't share a sponge but share body fluids?Which has more health implications?
For strangers and even family members,it is understandable not to share.

@bolded,it actually shows you lack a sense of humour.

1 Like

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by thorpido(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2016
inemani:
Well, I and hubby use one sponge, what's there anyway?
While growing up, didn't we as siblings use one sponge? Yes I just typed that!
If I am comfortable sucking on hubby's mouth and fluids in da name of kissing, can't I feel comfortable using a piece of net that is easily rinsed off?(Except in rare cases of skin infections)

But Oga pls respect Madam's wishes, she doesn't like it, guess it irritates her. She noh just like am! EOD!
only the mouth kwa?

1 Like

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2016
Sharing towel, sponge, plate, spoon, cup, comb, clothes, socks etc is not an issue for us
Back in the day before threading, I used to steal his razors to shape my brows embarassed.
neither of us has craw craw or lapa lapa so kini big deal grin

However as your wife certainly doesn't want it, then you need to respect her wishes and buy your own sponge. They are not that expensive
Moreso its not something that you both did from the onset.

Different strokes for different folks. I couldn't siphon snot from our babies noses but my husband could embarassed

2 Likes

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
There's nothing wrong with sharing a sponge, there's nothing wrong with choosing not to share, I understand some people do not like it... My sisters used to attack my towels and sponge anyhow they like, I'd get a new one and they'd do the same thing, I gave up eventually...
What I can never accommodate is sharing toothbrushes...

Your case is quite unique though, most times, it's the lady that tries to use the man's stuff while he objects...
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by inemani: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
thorpido:
only the mouth kwa?

Huhnhuhn, which other one dey to suck kwa?
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by mastermaestro(m): 12:27am On Aug 27, 2016
Look at the huge number of preposterous responses so far! With views like what we have littered all over this thread, I am not surprised why most modern marriages fail in less than a decade. Selfish, self-centered, individualistic tendencies detrimental to a successful marriage. For you selfish peeps who are spewing health reasons for his selfish wife's individualistic behavior, what is worse than unprotected sex and mouth to mouth kisses that both of them engage in day in day out?

Some people should actually die single instead of dragging someone else into their miserable selfish lives! If you can't share, you do not deserve to be married! Die single! angry

4 Likes

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 27, 2016
nickxtra:
Thanks, i will get mine sharply

many things could be attributed to your
wife not comfortable sharing a sponge
with you as her husband

1.some men are unhygienic...so she risk
body infections by sharing a sponge with
you if that's the case

2..you guys didn't introduce it earlier in
your relationship...many couples loves
batching together, share tooth brush,eat
together and
almost almost in everything
they do

3...both of you could be two individuals
cohabiting for the purpose of procreation
hence there are limits and conditions
guiding your union...true lovers has
unrestricted access to their partners
belongs

if your wife isn't comfortable sharing her
sponge with you pls respect her wish and
get yours. ..no be by force. oo
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by EfemenaXY: 12:56am On Aug 27, 2016
nickxtra:
See me, see problem o! I was taking my bath last night, after i had used the WC toilet and in the process of flushing the toilet, my bathing sponge got flushed down into the WC toilet. So i decided to use my wife's sponge pending when i will buy a fresh sponge, but my wife is objecting to my using her bathing sponge. But, i have told her that as husband and wife, we ought to have been using the same sponge, but just that we did not start the practice right from our marriage(we are just over close to 3 years in marriage) and i don't think anything is wrong with using my wife's sponge or vice versa, but she is complaining that she does not feel comfortable with sharing her bathing sponge with anyone, even me, her husband. I have told her that henceforth, we SHALL be using the same sponge to bath.

Is there any thing wrong medically, spiritually and otherwise for husband and wife to use the same bathing sponge for bath?

Let me ask you this:

Assuming your wife is a heavy bleeder with thick blood cloths, would you feel comfortable using your wife's sponge when she's on her period?

Additionally, re: the bolded part of your sentence, you do not tell your wife what to do or ram your opinions down her throat. Are you a control freak?

For now, she should leave that sponge for you (seeing as you've started using it) and buy herself a new one. However, next time you stay away from her toiletries and go get yours oga.

1 Like

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 27, 2016
While you're at it, use her toothbrush too. angry

That's nasty!
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by thorpido(m): 6:34am On Aug 27, 2016
inemani:

Huhnhuhn, which other one dey to suck kwa?
Haaa,your work never finish o.Maybe oga never ask or you no like am.

1 Like

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by bukatyne(f): 8:30am On Aug 27, 2016
OmoAlata1:
I don't get it, so your wife will allow you to pour your $perm inside of her every time you have sex, but will not let you use her bath sponge? i am confused. Maybe I am missing something

Lol@ pour like say na drum. grin

Some people were not brought up to share & did not learn to.
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by inemani: 11:16am On Aug 27, 2016
thorpido:
Haaa,your work never finish o.Maybe oga never ask or you no like am.

Story for another day Sir
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 27, 2016
Lol, funny thread.
I use whichever sponge that is closest to me whether it's my hubby's or mine, we're one. I've even used his toothbrush before, I do everything intimate with him and to him so there's no big deal.
But since your wife ain't comfortable with it, get yours for peace' sake.
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by nickxtra(m): 11:50am On Aug 27, 2016
sisisioge:
Nothing is wrong o. How could something be wrong? Is she fearful of catching some skin diseases or what from you? Nothing is wrong with it.
Dont hav any skin diseases on me
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by nickxtra(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Let me ask you this:

Assuming your wife is a heavy bleeder with thick blood cloths, would you feel comfortable using your wife's sponge when she's on her period?

Additionally, re: the bolded part of your sentence, you do not tell your wife what to do or ram your opinions down her throat. Are you a control freak?

For now, she should leave that sponge for you (seeing as you've started using it) and buy herself a new one. However, next time you stay away from her toiletries and go get yours oga.

In this case, she is not bleeding and when she is in her period, i am always in the Know. Secondly, am not a control freak, but atleast i am not a weakling and i think i should keep certain level of authority over her, without prejudice to her freedom.

1 Like

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by EfemenaXY: 12:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
nickxtra:
In this case, she is not bleed and when she is in her period, i am always in the Know.

That doesn't answer my question.

I asked if you're comfortable using her sponge when she's on her period and not whether you're in the "know" of when she's on or not.

So once again, Are you comfortable using your wife's bathing sponge when she's on her period?? Yes? Or No?

And IF you don't use her sponge when she's on, what do you use then?

Secondly, am not a control freak, but atleast i am not a weakling and i think i should certain level of authority over her, without prejudice to her freedom.

You say you aren't a Control Freak and yet in the same breath claim it's your right to weild your authority over her? A bit contradictory isn't it?

Re: your last statement, care to explain? She already told you she isn't comfortable sharing her toiletries with you, yet you insist and feel it's your right to go against her wishes and you claim it's without prejudice to her freedom??

I suppose you won't mind sharing her sanitary pads too?

2 Likes

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by byvan03: 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2016
nickxtra:
In this case, she is not bleed and when she is in her period, i am always in the Know. Secondly, am not a control freak, but atleast i am not a weakling and i think i should certain level of authority over her, without prejudice to her freedom.

No authority on earth permits you to decide sponge for her, let it go if she doesn't like it. Otherwise you are calling for trouble, there are things you can't force people to do. You have to work on your idea of authority.

2 Likes

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Berbierklaus(f): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
VolT0xic:
Damn. Is this how marriage limits freedom?

Bro, she's not comfortable with it. Besides, there are health implications of sharing bath sponge. This simple act will aid the breeding of nasty skin bacteria & germs.

So just get a new one. It's for your protection & hers.
I wanted to ask this
Marriage na wa o shocked

1 Like

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by nairaschool01(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
abeg anyday mak ur boxer dirty u fit wear her pant go work why are u married u share the same surname
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Oluwashegunnn(m): 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
nairaschool01:
abeg anyday mak ur boxer dirty u fit wear her pant go work why are u married u share the same surname
grin
nairaschool01:
lolz ...this nigga get craze 4 head gan
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
My wife and I share the same sponge and toothbrush. She wears some of shirts at home.

This is how we live our life and we love it that way.

Op just try as much as u can to respect ur wife's view.
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Seahawk: 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
Buy your own sponge

1 Like

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by Seahawk: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
nickxtra:
In this case, she is not bleeding and when she is in her period, i am always in the Know. Secondly, am not a control freak, but atleast i am not a weakling and i think i should keep certain level of authority over her, without prejudice to her freedom.

Mtchew. Iberibe

1 Like

Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by EfemenaXY: 6:39am On Aug 28, 2016
5minsmadness:
@nickxtra, dont mind that efemena girl. She's just a troublemaker.

Backstabbing, 5minsmadness?
Re: A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife by EfemenaXY: 6:40am On Aug 28, 2016
nairaschool01:

grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Think Your Kids Are Unbearable, Have A Look At These Photos / Our New Baby Girl! / Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.