Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,353 members, 7,846,527 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer (512 Views)

Timaya Welcomes A Baby Boy With Tama Decor, His 2nd Baby Mama / Charly Boy With His 100-Year-Old Mother In New Photos / Big Church Foundation Donates For 2-Year-Old Eye Cancer Girl (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer by examhall(f): 9:17am On Aug 27, 2016
[img]http://3.bp..com/-UIyAda_QRqQ/V8E2oMjUuhI/AAAAAAAKTqo/HE-965UaEHI6TjcceoHk6Il1UT1EG7mswCLcB/s400/1a2.jpg[/img]

Polish discus thrower Piotr Malachowski sold the silver medal he won at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics to help pay for the medication of a 3-year-old boy suffering from eye cancer.
Malachowski wrote, according to Facebook’s translation: “In Rio I fought for gold,” “Today, I appeal to everyone — let’s fight together about something that is even more precious. The health of this fantastic boy.”
According to Malachowski, the procedure to treat the rare form of cancer isn’t available in Poland; it is offered only in New York.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-SA-D4PQx4O0/V8E32XoxQMI/AAAAAAAKTq0/FGpQwyTyD0AR10ej__h4keVJWGghFlYkQCLcB/s400/1a1a.png[/img]

Malachowski said on Facebook that siblings Dominika and Sebastian Kulczyk,who are among the richest Poles, “declared the intention to buy my silver medal,” which he put up for auction to help pay for treatment of the boy, Olek, who is suffering from retinoblastoma.
Malachowski did not reveal the amount he raised by selling his medal on Friday, but said the target, which was almost $130,000, has been met.
“My silver medal is worth much more today than it was a week ago,” Malachowski said.
cc: lalasticlala

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/2016/08/27/polish-olympian-sells-rio-silver-medal-to-help-3-year-old-boy-with-eye-cancer/
Re: Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer by examhall(f): 9:18am On Aug 27, 2016
Who can do this today?
Re: Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2016
Meanwhile somewhere in Nigeria,

NFF and Mikel are dragging $390k

2 Likes

Re: Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer by Smellymouth: 9:25am On Aug 27, 2016
"..My silver medal is worth much more today than it was a week ago.."

==>Malachowski,2016

Maximum Respect..

2 Likes

Re: Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer by Afrok(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2016
Whoa! Very touching... and Nigeria only won one bronze medal cry
Re: Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer by datopaper(m): 9:32am On Aug 27, 2016
Good
Re: Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer by madridguy(m): 9:35am On Aug 27, 2016
GIVERS NEVER LACK.
Re: Polish Olympian Sells Rio Silver Medal To Help 3-year-old Boy With Eye Cancer by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 27, 2016
dis is cool meehn

(1) (Reply)

Cix TV #1 Most Influential Woman In Nollywood / Man Got Stuck In A Vehicle After A Fatal Accident In Lagos / Kim Kardashian: My New Security Is Ready For Gun Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.