Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash (67802 Views)

CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up / Lagosians Groan As Price Of Cooking Gas Hits N4,500 / Dangote Rice Coming To Market At Cheap Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by Aristo3146(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
abokibuhari:
Flooding the internet with false information undecided
Be optimistic for once...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by Carter4luv(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
no price yet? good innovation mr dangote...
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by futurenix(m): 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
Is there any of Dangote's product that is not selling the same price as its counterparts or even more than?

Someone please inform me cause I know that of sugar, flour, noodles etc are no go area.

Why will his rice be cheaper?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by aroti: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
[s][/s] meaningless garbage from a compressed brain in a flat head grin

I no fit laugh grin
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by Winneygirl(f): 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
I hope Dangote will not kill the business of other small rice farmers.
Dangote has the money/power to monopolize that sector.
For prices to truly drop, we need competition. We need many farmers both small scale, and large scale, all producing the same product and serving various parts of the country. Then, they will be forced to constantly improve on quality. And people will have multiple choices...

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
They shd make it snappy
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by temishola(f): 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
okonja:

God bless you dude...they don't know but they would soon know anyway. grin
. Dey knw but dey re sick!
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by omokab: 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2016
Keneking:
Useless government, a family of five needs N1300/for lunch with low quality protein.

- Tuber of Yam 1pc : N1000
- Pepper dried : N100
- Onions : N100
- Red oil : N100

Excl gas cost etc
I don't know why you people naturally like hate more than good thing thing. Where in nigeria are you buying a tuber of yam at 1000k?even in the east and south south is not costly like that. Because I bought good five tuber of yam in osogbo at the rate of 550 naira.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by aroti: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
Exponental:
Dangote..... enslaving Nigeria since democracy

Why? Is it Because he chose to invest in his country unlike the rest of you lazy ass that would rather chose to import tooth picks and promote employment in other countries. Who exactly is the slave here?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by jacksonPolloc(m): 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
bdemix:
To Wailers
if u keep goin this way, u May end up being a fool forever

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by jacksonPolloc(m): 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
bdemix:
To Wailers
if u keep goin this way, u May end up being a fool forever..smh
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by okonja(m): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2016
Mrjo:
must you insult somebody? By the way didnt u read where they say that the mou was sign by GEJ?

Define insult undecided
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by mecks15(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
Lighthouseman:

Of course they are changing for the worse... Even innocent chickens are affected... Their meals are now rationed, a mudu of sugar now 600.
What does this tell you?
Back to the days of ESSENTIAL COMMODITIES...
IF things don't change, you may have to queue to buy this same rice you are celebrating.
. Well, I know d pains of the years of mismanagement won't go away in a day, buh am so sure it won't laSt so long and it certainly won't Get to that point.
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by erico2k2(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
mecks15:
. Well, I know d pains of the years of mismanagement won't go away in a day, buh am so sure it won't laSt so long and it certainly won't Get to that point.
We pray, but my question for you is,if situation remain same or worse 2019, what would you say
cos today the £ went to N505, nah die be that. meaning its almost impossible to buy anything from the UK

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by 8kingz(m): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
Keneking:
Useless government, a family of five needs N1300/for lunch with low quality protein.

Excl gas cost etc
bt na for ur area u dey buy 1 Tuber of rice for #1000 sha,enemy of gud news
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by TEYA: 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
Keneking:

Excl gas cost etc
It is only you that knows where you buy a tuber of yam for #1000
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by MamaletASO: 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
Government were never sincere..
Had it mean government were sincere; this should have never been a story..

I could remember that's its been more than 5years government has been talking about diversification..and dey have been pumping Billions into agric esp Rice ...

But no result .. everything is on paper and 3D graphics..

Thank God for the government of the day..

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by mecks15(m): 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
erico2k2:

We pray, but my question for you is,if situation remain same or worse 2019, what would you say
cos today the £ went to N505, nah die be that. meaning its almost impossible to buy anything from the UK
. Am not happy with the whole situation either. We must know why we are where we are now. The shortage of foreign currency caused by both internal and external factors are the reasons for that. We must therefore put in place measures that will reduce our over dependence on those things that we require foreIgn currency for, especially in areas where we have comparative advantage. That I believe the government has started and its just a matter of time before we begin to see the effect. This will certainly not Get to 2019, Quote me on dis.
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by gabsea(m): 10:30pm On Aug 27, 2016
we will do this, we will do that...said buhari
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by mickool(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
Good news. Thank u Dangote
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by Akanaz(m): 10:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
mr dangote u r a blessing to this country. U r my inspiration. I shall make it in lyf. Long live dangote group!
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by mikolo80: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
Keneking:

Excl gas cost etc
where you de buy your yam
Yam na 100 naira for Abuja
Why are you or your wife lying
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by mikolo80: 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
Pidggin:
So Dangote is now our saving grace? Hmmmm
wen we no gree enter farm
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by Dafe306: 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2016
Keneking:

Excl gas cost etc

Please where do you buy a tuber of yam for N1000?
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by whitecloth: 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2016
psucc:
Has the price fallen already? 'Cos I buy @N150 per cup.
Lawd of messi, did you mean a milk tin @N150? where do you reside, I bought it @N80 here in Akure,
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by chelseajoy: 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
Lighthouseman:
To those up stairs hailing the propaganda government in place, this deal was done and sealed by the one the hate most... Gej... The exchange rate tells the fact @165 to a dollar.
Nice development though... A leader sees ahead and plans.
Buhari saving grace is the works of gej that are being manifested today... Eg the train station in kadunA, now the dangote rice...
What's buhari achievement if not travelling without results
GEJ ko! Jeg ni
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by LoveDecay(m): 11:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
baddestchic:
THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT SERIOUS O... EVEN THE SPAG BY DANGOTE IS EXTREMELY STARCHY NOW THEY WANT TO BRING RICE AGAIN. I HOPE THE RICE WONT BE AS STARCHY AS THE SPAG OOO.... THEY WONT KII SOMEONE IN THIS COUNTRY

Chop Anambra rice, I heard it's so good the white man is buying it. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by erico2k2(m): 11:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
mecks15:
. Am not happy with the whole situation either. We must know why we are where we are now. The shortage of foreign currency caused by both internal and external factors are the reasons for that. We must therefore put in place measures that will reduce our over dependence on those things that we require foreIgn currency for, especially in areas where we have comparative advantage. That I believe the government has started and its just a matter of time before we begin to see the effect. This will certainly not Get to 2019, Quote me on dis.
If you wash your face proper and check a reason why the Fg should spend the small monies we have on searching for crude up the NE basin, you will give up hope
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by mashnino(m): 12:55am On Aug 28, 2016
Keneking:

Excl gas cost etc

Liar.. what tuber of yam is 1000 naira.. except in the east where you people cheat each other

1 Like

Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by aloeman15(m): 1:15am On Aug 28, 2016
I think this thread, given our very recent history, depicts the depths of nigeria's problem.
We remember the tomato paste hype. And cement. But we refuse to learn. Buhari travelling round to lobby for crude price increase, while denouncing our dependence on oil. After the catastrophic decision, they now want to review the dollar ban on 41 items. Who still recalls lai's promise of a festival a day in 2016?
There must come a time when the parents of a spoilt child will pinch his ears inside the house to draw his attention to his misbehaviour. So support buhari all you want, but please, for your children's sake warn the govt in private from needless propaganda.
erico2k2:

If you wash your face proper and check a reason why the Fg should spend the small monies we have on searching for crude up the NE basin, you will give up hope
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by chysam: 2:34am On Aug 28, 2016
Lighthouseman:
To those up stairs hailing the propaganda government in place, this deal was done and sealed by the one the hate most... Gej... The exchange rate tells the fact @165 to a dollar.
Nice development though... A leader sees ahead and plans.
Buhari saving grace is the works of gej that are being manifested today... Eg the train station in kadunA, now the dangote rice...
What's buhari achievement if not travelling without results

And also the Massive lootings under GEJ,they are all Buhari's saving grace.
Re: Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash by Emempaul(m): 3:07am On Aug 28, 2016
Aufbauh:
It was not a surprise to some of us who understand the pain and gains of the change process because Nigeria will bounce back to exceed her former glory.

To those who never saw anything good or wish our dear country to crumble just because their hero failed,to you all I say ndo cheesy
y must everytin b political. Y cant u just c a good achievement congratulate it and leave it at that? But then again u are clueless if nt u wud ave read dat dis process started 2years ago under d previous govt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses / Betonmarkets Alerts: Season 3 / Starting Your Own Logistics/ Delivery Outfit With Less Than 300k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.