Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri (1307 Views)

NURTW Member Killed While Leaving Mosque (pictured) / Cult Member Killed By His Members For Membership Declaimer (photo) / Very Graphic Photos Of An Alleged Cult Member Killed In Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by Rosabelle(f): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2009
Maharazu Tsiga, the Director General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on Wednesday, visited corps members serving in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, over the rape and eventual death of a female corps member, Grace Adie Ushang.

The late Ms. Ushang, a native of Cross River State, was raped to death last weekend by men who reportedly took offence because she was wearing her khaki trousers - the official uniform of the corps. Mr. Tsiga, who was in Maiduguri on Wednesday to address the corps members, said the police, detectives and officers of the State Security Service (SSS) are close to tracking down the perpetrators of the act,

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5465780-147/story.csp

I am enraged and right now, it is only the wrath of God, which I believe in that holds me back. We have to protest this type of thing.
About a year ago, a young lady was beaten up by aides of a Navy officer on the streets of Lagos. Someone recorded the entire event and public outrage and protest got the Lagos state governor himself involved in the case.

We need a similar response here. If NYSC will send christian women to unstable parts of the country, then some level of security has to be met.
If we are not safe in the north, then NYSC has to stop posting christians there. What is it.

A girl wears trousers and because you think it is against your belief, you punish her by raping and subsequently killing her??
Where in the Quaran is it said that if a womans dressing displeases a man, he should dehumanise and murder her?
I dont understand these northerners anymore. What kind of country do we live in?

Are we the only country where muslims and christians live?
And all those useless northern leaders, I havnt heard any of them condem this act. As usual, they say nothing. Are we to believe they think it is in order? What kind of society or values do they profess? What kind of values do they bring up their children with?

Yes I know there is crime everywhere and it doesnt necessarily have to be named a religious one, but we all know it is. These people are mad.

And that useless NYSC DG, if this happened to his daughter, the babarians would be in prison by now, so he had better makesure they find them.
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by udezue(m): 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2009
Its one Nigeria that we fought hard for so lets live with it. Lets keep sacrificing our lives so we can maintain some ideology and obey British belief that we must be one.
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by MrCrackles(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
Useless government who cant provide basic amenities or protect it's citizens. . .
Useless government will do jack shit. . . Fucking clueless buncha bastards always promising and not delivering!
And as for the cowards and imbeciles who raped and killed that innocent lady, God dey. . . You will all rot in the deepest part of hell fire
Hopeless country angry
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by Bialegend(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2009
udezue:

Its one Nigeria that we fought hard for so lets live with it. Lets keep sacrificing our lives so we can maintain some ideology and obey British belief that we must be one.
KPOM to the core. ONE nigeria all the way. We need more sacrifices.
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by kiziflexx: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2009
police track fire . What about some many assassin cases before now
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by Bialegend(m): 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

Useless government who cant provide basic amenities or protect it's citizens. . .
Useless government will do jack shit. . . Fucking clueless buncha bastards always promising and not delivering!
And as for the cowards and imbeciles who raped and killed that innocent lady, God dey. . . You will all rot in the deepest part of hell fire
Hopeless country angry

But you still want it to remain ONE country at all cost. So much so for the love of ONE nigeria at all cost.
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by sjeezy8: 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2009
This barbaric behavior of some, doesnt consitute behavior of the whole of Nigeria.

Things like this happen all over the world. Im sick and tired of some dumbass people always using religion as an excuse to act ingorant, stupid and disgusting.

and the idots who always turn each and everythread into an anti Nigeria topic, instead of simply addressing the real problem.
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by Bialegend(m): 11:13pm On Oct 01, 2009
sjeezy8:

This barbaric behavior of some, doesnt consitute behavior of the whole of Nigeria.

Things like this happen all over the world. Im sick and tired of some dumbass people always using religion as an excuse to act ingorant, stupid and disgusting.

and the idots who always turn each and everythread into an anti Nigeria topic, instead of simply addressing the real problem.
So the excuse for maintaining nigeria as ONE country continues. Typical from the lazy ones.
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by sjeezy8: 11:18pm On Oct 01, 2009
Bialegend:

So the excuse for maintaining nigeria as ONE country continues. Typical from the lazy ones.

Sharrup jo, nigeria can be split up into 250 countries i dont care

this Incident has nothing to do with Nigeria its about personal character.
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by Rosabelle(f): 9:32am On Oct 02, 2009
sjeezy8:

And so what now? Is that what youre going to tell her parents who struggled to put her through school and celebrated her graduation? Is that what youre going to say to them? That it happens everywhere and so they should take heart? Or are you going to tell them the truth - namely that a bunch of ignorant muslims killed her.
Youre missing the fine, very fine line here.
I am NOT calling it an act of religious babarism., it just HAPPENS to be so. That was their excuse.
I have friends who went to the same maiduguri, and they we'rent killed, but this girl was and its not the first time a christian woman is attacked by MUSLIM IGNORAMUS for her dressing.

The point for me, whether they split nigeria or not, is that if the federal government cannot see to it that those babarians know its one country and act assuch, they should STOP SENDING CHRISTIANS TO THE NORTH for NYSC. Period.
I dont care about the politiking. If we're not safe there, whilst theyre deciding on what to do, they should please send us where we know. If someone wants to go up north for whatever reason, fine. But one shouldnt be forced as is requited by NYSC. They should top it. Thats my protest. All other religious tension doesnt concern me. This is something that can be checkd.

And I know this happens everywhere, but it so happens that in this case, it was a religion-motivated attack.
Period.
Go be objective if this happens to your sister, se you hear. Its easy to be objective and calm when its someone elses child or sister or friend! Rubbish!
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by sjeezy8: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2009
Rosabelle:

And so what now? Is that what youre going to tell her parents who struggled to put her through school and celebrated her graduation? Is that what youre going to say to them? That it happens everywhere and so they should take heart? Or are you going to tell them the truth - namely that a bunch of ignorant muslims killed her.
Youre missing the fine, very fine line here.
I am NOT calling it an act of religious babarism., it just HAPPENS to be so. That was their excuse.
I have friends who went to the same maiduguri, and they we'rent killed, but this girl was and its not the first time a christian woman is attacked by MUSLIM IGNORAMUS for her dressing.
The point for me, whether they split nigeria or not, is that if the federal government cannot see to it that those babarians know its one country and act assuch, they should STOP SENDING CHRISTIANS TO THE NORTH. Period.
I dont care about the politiking. If we're not safe there, whilst theyre deciding on what to do, they should please send us where we know.
And I know this happens everywhere, but it so happens that in this case, it was a religion-motivated attack.
Period.
Go be objective if this happens to your sister, se you hear. Its easy to be objective and calm when its someone elses child or sister or friend! Rubbish!

so are you mad because shes a christian and the act was comitted by muslims or  . . . . . .?

because as i said there are many muslims like Gani,Fashola and others who dont rape women because of religion.

lets keep it at the ignorance of the north and not fault of being muslim or the islam religion. As you said:

Where in the Quaran is it said that if a womans dressing displeases a man, he should dehumanise and murder her? thats their FAKE Excuse.

you should say she was attacked by some ignorant babaric fools, not muslim ignoramus
If it were to happen to anyone i know (godforbid) I wouldnt blame it on islam.

I agree they shouldn't send christians to the north, they also shouldn't send any people out of their area for nysc.
For the simple fact in a country like Nigeria most people are safer in their own region and maybe even their state of origin.

i've always been against nysc in other parts of Nigeria.
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by Rosabelle(f): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2009
I didnt for one second, blame it on Islam. Cos I know what Islam is, and I know those who claim to practise Islam are babarians and hypocrites. But saying it like it is, she was killed by muslim ignoramus. I have loads of muslim friends and I know this isnt somethign they would condemn. But the northerners keep silent. They never condemn such things. And this is my anger.
Re: Government To Probe Death Of Female Corps Member Killed In Maiduguri by htajz: 1:10am On Sep 24, 2011
this didnt start today

(1) (Reply)

Woman Cuts Off Husband’s Manhood Over Infidelity In Benue State / Woman Just Back From Austria Killed By Lover On Xmas Day Due To Greed / A near rape victim narrates his story....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.