Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,351 members, 7,954,413 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? (23868 Views)

What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / 6 Awesome Bible Applications for Android Phones and Tablet Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by Rapture4real(m): 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
aylagos:
I don't think so

Satan is very subtle. I'm a full time Baptist pastor. It is very wrong using electronic devise to replace hard-copy Bible. Some it's for show and it can be distraction when something pop up calling for attention,time in opening. Go on the pulpit with your Bible you can only use it when you need commentary, dictionary etc that may not be handy on the pulpit or you want to project a write up there on the screen. So as a supplementary aid, ok
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by oloribabs(f): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2016
ironheart:
Mosed had the first commandment on stone, read from stone. Some people wrote it on there walking staff. To remember and read, due to advancement in technology from Egypt, they had to start copying and writing the word of God on papyrus. In Jesus time it was the scroll an advances papyrus. As times went on it became paper or bible that u call it. Now technology has so advanced we have it on our tablets aka ipad. I will put it back to you, do you go to church to judge the Pastor? Or do u go to listen to the word of God?
1000likes

1 Like

Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by Pylony(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2016
Even the material use in writting the Manuscrip evolved, from a Scroll to a Book and today we have e-book i.e electronic books. As long as the word remain the same their is no issue if a clergy reads from an Ipad or any other Electronic device. "Every thing will pass away but the Word of God will remain"

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by aylagos(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
Enrichlee:
Y did u ask for people's opinion when you are not willing to learn and open to new ideas. Another senseless person opening a thread to seek attention and generate unnecessary controversy. And dis ish made FP
am very sure you are the senseless person here
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by toidflex(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
Enrichlee:
Your mumuness is in 3D. So u think the bible by ur side can actually wave off evil
it is not all about mumu,it is someones believe, there is a friend of mine anytime he has headache he places his leg inside a bucket of water witout taking panadol and if works for him but i hv tried same but no way. My bro the bible is my shield and sword,not the ipad i use for immoral tins.moreover you are 2 insultive be mature 4 once!
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by oloribabs(f): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
toidflex:
the fact is that christianity as a religion is now too social which is not suppose to be.the holy book is our fighting tool with it place by ur bedside you can use it to wave off evil forces inshort you cant compare the bible to any other object pls.have u ever seen an iman using ipad to preach?
So when you place bible by your bedside, the evil will be wave off like you said. Smh
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by dotun365: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
aylagos:
I don't think so
the word is the only constant. The medium changes with times. At a time they use scrolls. At another time they used printed versions. They now use electronic versions one day they'll use something else. The word of God remains constant
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by toidflex(m): 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
aigjoe:

The answer to your question

Fatwa allows Quran reading on smartphones.

m.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/fatwa-allows-quran-reading-on-smartphones

ofcos i kmow quran is in smartphone that is no problem,but have u ever seen an iman preaching on the pulpit holding an ipad or tablet?
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by femarse: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
all the people against the use of Bible on digital device are not different from Pharisee in the time of Jesus who will rather pass the chance to help their donkey that has fallen inside a well on a Sunday in hope of keeping the Sabbath holy because they think it's more important to be in church for service rather than help someone on the way to church little of them knew how the Bible comes so handy if they know then they will know that Bible on iPad or tablet is just the beginning before now back in the 90s after Sunday service and on Friday churches nearly all of them go out on evangelism massive one ooo with full drum and full member thou they still scantly do it but not like then anymore now it's TV radio Facebook even many churches owing their TV and radio stations that way they reduce the human stress yet still get the message to many people than previous evangelism. Harden Pharisee change now before you walk gallantly into hell and I ask again which one of you can say your sins are forgiven and the sins truly forgiven ?
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by subnormal: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
aylagos:
Most of our pastors now prefer to read words of God from their smart phone and other devices instead of Holy book (bible), what's your take on this ? Is it right or wrong ? Can a demon be cast out with Ipad or tablet ?

Books can't cast out demons too. The most important thing is how the message of the bible is applied, not its format. Personally I find it easier to use the electronic versions as I can consult several translations easily.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by Jasparo123: 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
bignero:
the WORD is the spirit not the container

many of pauls writings were wriiten on what we eat today ie animal hide aka kpomo

in other words it doesnt mean where its read from

though i have smart phones etc, iam rather old school in thought and will stick to my old generation bible to avoid distractions in Gods presecnce
there's nothing wrong if someone read the word of God from phone or tablet....what matters is the application.
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by LOVEGINO(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
Back then, wrong. Presently, right.
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by 19naia(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
God wrote the ten commandments on stone tablets and since then we have strayed from God's etched in stone medium to our own choices to use paper stained with ink.
I can see God's wisdom in writing it in stone because stone will not burn when men go about their wicked ways of setting things on fire to destroy one another. Stone will bury underground or store in a safe place for thousands of years and thousands of years more after that.
Thats why the bible of today is incomplete, the dead sea scrolls and other mediums by which the word was passed down on, were made of leather and paper with ink and much of it withered away.

Also God wrote those tablets in one particular language and since then man has abandoned that language to extinction and taken on other languages. The word has been clouded by interpretive dissonance because of that.

And just now, today, we are going to talk about the word going to iPad? If anything is wrong at all, it happened when people strayed from etching in stone and using the languages from 5000 years ago. Different language, different attire, different media in a different day and age.

I beg, go back home and study your ancestral vernacular if you want to know better things.
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by bigass123(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
To butress your point bro...
I've heard of cases of serious inferno and God's word THE BIBLE could not be consumed by the fire... Can you say that of your iPad and mobile devices where you downloaded the soft copy?
Doesn't that say something about the significance of holding the "sword " itself?
The devil is out and about looking to deceive the hearts of men.. Beware!

Zico5:
How many of those pastors are spirit filled. The bible says" the spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God". Some of the so called pastors are paper weight pastors. Are u going to resist or cast out demons with laptop. When blind leads blind, both end up in the pit. We should not deceive ourselves with fake doctrines. Some of the pastors are not men of God. They are endtime Pastors.
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by subnormal: 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
The electronic bible is also one of the easiest ways to get the word to people in countries where is outlawed. You may never be able to get a thousand paper bibles across their borders but a million believers in such nation's can download the electronic versions. Do we then ignore these groups of believers because we feel or think the e-versions are not holy enough?

1 Like

Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by Zico5(m): 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
bigass123:
I've heard of cases of serious inferno and God's word THE BIBLE could not be consumed by the fire... Can you say that of your iPad and mobile devices where you downloaded the soft copy?
Doesn't that say something about the significance of holding the "sword " itself?

God bless u so much. Many on nairaland lack wisdom and better understanding. They have bombarded me big time

1 Like

Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by JayJayGee: 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
aylagos:
I don't think so
If you don't think so then why the fucckk did you open this thread
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by jbhitler(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
right.it is another version.e version
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by aylagos(m): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
JayJayGee:

If you don't think so then why the fucckk did you open this thread
that's fucckk with u
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by Optimusprime(m): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
ironheart:
Mosed had the first commandment on stone, read from stone. Some people wrote it on there walking staff. To remember and read, due to advancement in technology from Egypt, they had to start copying and writing the word of God on papyrus. In Jesus time it was the scroll an advances papyrus. As times went on it became paper or bible that u call it. Now technology has so advanced we have it on our tablets aka ipad. I will put it back to you, do you go to church to judge the Pastor? Or do u go to listen to the word of God?

You have said it all...
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by KoldKash(m): 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
aylagos:
I don't think so

So what do you think then?
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
Zico5:
How many of those pastors are spirit filled. The bible says" the spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God". Some of the so called pastors are paper weight pastors. Are u going to resist or cast out demons with laptop. When blind leads blind, both end up in the pit. We should not deceive ourselves with fake doctrines. Some of the pastors are not men of God. They are endtime Pastors.
are you saying that you must hold bible to cast out demon?You must be joking to think casting demon involves holding Bible or laptop or whatever device. Even Jesus himself didn't hold scroll to cast out demon

1 Like

Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by KoldKash(m): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
Proverbs 4:4 He also taught me , and said to me: "Let your heart retain my words; Keep my commands , and live.

Colossians3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom , teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs , singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Psalm119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart , That I might not sin against You.

So,with the above revelations straight and unedited from the scriptures,we can see that the word of God should be stored in our HEARTS. The book and the electronic devices are just to serve for references and/or reminders should we forget a few things.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by dotun365: 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
Zico5:
it's the belief in the word of God in you not the paper bible you carry arround or the one on your gadget that cast out demons and fights the devil.
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by donnie(m): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
Zico5:
How many of those pastors are spirit filled. The bible says" the spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God".

What has the scripture you just quoted got to do with your insinuations?

Zico5:

Some of the so called pastors are paper weight pastors. Are u going to resist or cast out demons with laptop.

And who are the heavy weights? Your pastor? And are you going to cast out devils with a book?

Zico5:

When blind leads blind, both end up in the pit. We should not deceive ourselves with fake doctrines. Some of the pastors are not men of God. They are endtime Pastors.

So in your mind you have just preached?
If you think you know the Word, or you have cast out deviIs, i put it to you that you have not started at all.

Just for your information I am a product of the ministry of the great man of God, Rev Dr. Chris Oyakhilome who made the use of tablets for preaching popular around the world.

And just in case you feel like engaging me in an argument about the scriptures, I'll advice that you look up some of my posts first and judge weda you have what it takes... Mr. paper bible.

God Himself wrote the scriptures on TABLETS of stone. What is wrong if we read the word from TABLETS today. mtcheew. Busy-body.
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by aigjoe(m): 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
toidflex:
ofcos i kmow quran is in smartphone that is no problem,but have u ever seen an iman preaching on the pulpit holding an ipad or tablet?

Good point,
but I would like to ask, do iman's carry the book of quran to the pulpit or hold it around, as in the book itself.....

And have watched an iman preaching, and not the ones we have here in Nigeria or Africa?

Thank you....
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by dotun365: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
bigass123:

I have seen Bible burning. We make Bibles; they are not hand-delivered by God. It would be problematic to ascribe divine attributes to them, since that would be idolization of the Bible. Once in a while God has stopped some bibles from burning to demonstrate his power doesn't mean the Bible has divine powers in it. Also the Bible because of its size and number of pages takes more time to burn when compared to other books. Do not create idols for your self and worship them

1 Like

Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by Zico5(m): 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
donnie:

What has the scripture you just quoted got to do with your insinuations?

Imagine, and the pastor u mentioned failed to imbibe in u how to talk to an elder. I don't blame u, strange and alien doctrines have turned u upside. I expect more from u so that I can really know the type of disciples oyakilome is breeding.
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by Mackson01: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
The word was originally written on stone tablet , now it on android tablet. Tablet na tablet now
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by donnie(m): 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
just imagine the type of topic that make front page these days. Do we have any Christian moderators at al?
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by donnie(m): 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
Zico5:

Imagine, and the pastor u mentioned failed to imbibe in u how to talk to an elder. I don't blame u, strange and alien doctrines has turned u upside. I expect more from u so that I can really know the type of disciples oyakilome is breeding.

And how am I supposed to know I am talking to an elder? Even you profile pix that I just checked has a two years old boy's pic. Or is this your way of changing the topic or making me feel guilty? It is okay for you to insult God's ministers but you are afraid to have your lies openly challenged?
Re: Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? by donnie(m): 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2016
dotun365:
I have seen Bible burning. We make Bibles; they are not hand-delivered by God. It would be problematic to ascribe divine attributes to them, since that would be idolization of the Bible. Once in a while God has stopped some bibles from burning to demonstrate his power doesn't mean the Bible has divine powers in it. Also the Bible because of its size and number of pages takes more time to burn when compared to other books. Do not create idols for your self and worship them

thank you. You know the Word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guru Maharaj Ji Is Alive, Not Dead, Says Aide / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? / Bishop Oyedepo Fires Back At Erelu Agbaye, Says Allegation Of Occultism Amounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.