Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

“I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo (1621 Views)

Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe / Nigeria Will Burn If I Am Re-Arrested - Nnamdi Kanu / No National Identification Number, No Nigerian Passport By 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by sommyblaze(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2016
¶Those were not the words of The Avengers. Those weren’t the words of Biafra promoters, as you might have immediately concluded. Those were the words of Oluwakemi Ojo in faraway Canada. How I wish # IWillBurnTheNigerianPassport can go viral on Twitter like the infamous # BringBackOurGirls Conclusion: Nigeria’s problem is not an Igbo or Niger Delta problem. All of us are in a sinking boat, captained by the wanderers from Futa Jalon. ••• Virtually all the key promoters of the present government have repented publicly and asked Nigerians to forgive them. In 2014, I dreaded that day I would eventually say the sad words: “But I told you so!” If Oluwakemi wants to burn the Nigerian passport “forever” just because of her frustration with the particularly notorious Nigerian embassy at Ottawa, what would the Fulani terrorized communities in the Middle Belt and Eastern Nigeria do? The Fulani kidnappers and their herdsmen cousins will not stop until we stop them. If you are waiting for this government to stop them, big sorry. I hope I won’t look back in one year’s time and repeat those emotional words again: “But I told you so!” ≈What is the way forward for Nigeria?≈ Forget the Obama-Hilary-Clinton-Kerry administration. They were the very genesis of our current troubles. And continue to be. Fani Kayode is right on all counts about Kerry’s recent visit to our Northern rulers. It is also very curious that under the Obama government, immorality and Islamic terror exploded around the world, especially in Nigeria, Middle East and Europe. The ways of politics are, indeed, the ways of the dark! So, we cannot look to America to solve our problems. They will solve theirs, hopefully. If you know your history, the colonists found Northern Nigeria easier to manipulate tools for suppressing the elite, progressive and intellectual South. It is not easy to deceive a man who thinks. The Colonists knew that. The feudalistic nature of the North also made life easy for the Colonists. In the South, merit ruled. Why do you think that the American government will use exactly the same psychosocial war technique used by the British against Southern Nigeria? Because it worked … and, unfortunately, still works. And should Hilary Clinton win the American elections and continue the Obama legacies, then I’ll say to Nigeria, and the rest of the world, “Beware the Ides of March!” Again, I dread the prospect of looking back in two years and saying those terrible words again, “But I told you so!” I will also say to Nigerians, get ready to join Oluwakemi on #IWillBurnTheNigerianPassport. ≈What is the way forward for Nigeria?≈ If we can make peace, why make war? As the American War College reported long ago, the centripetal forces in Nigeria have overwhelmed the centrifugal. North, East, West and South, more people want out than in. Is this thing by force? The issue is not whether more Nigerians want out or not. The fear in the streets is, how? The fear in the streets is, what will happen to my assets in other parts of the country? To which Jesus (with a shocked expression) answered, “Are what to eat and what to wear more valuable than your life and freedom?” Nevertheless, the Lower Niger Congress has worked out a solution to avoid the repeat of the infamous abandoned property wickedness of the post civil war era. Never again, as Israel will say. ••• This is how: Anything but Buhari’s highway of religious fanaticism! The House of Lugard is almost completely burnt down. What Nigeria needs immediately is not damage control - which is basically what our confused pseudo-intellec tuals are proposing on the pages of the newspaper. The only credible option is controlled demolition. ≈The Three Northern Musketeers And The Way Forward≈ Our corporate existence has three parts represented by three Northern voices: Buhari, Atiku and Sanusi. Buhari is the sociocultural, or more accurately, the Islamic religious. Obviously, he admits that he is an economic illiterate. One of his kinsmen confessed as much. His major qualification is religion - - and I wish someone could advise him that you can run your household by religion, but not a complex, diverse, free thinking society with over 300 tribes and languages like Nigeria. ••• Didn’t you people say that Pastor Osibanjo would reform the man and hold him in check? After four years, (if there will be four years), we will count the number of churches burnt by the president’s kinsmen under Osibanjo’s miraculous watch… and add to Pastor Osibanjo’s report card that he will present to Jesus when he meets Him face-to-face to account for his life and times on earth. Poor guy. Atiku is the political solution voice. He has been insistent on restructuring the country, whatever that means, but it seems his people haven’t heard him yet. Too much ear infection in the North! They won't hear until it is either too late, or The Avengers have spoken their language. ••• Then, His Royal Highness, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Emir of Kano, represents the economic solution. He made news a few days ago when he told us what we already knew - that our artificial ’recession’ is actually a few alhajis holding the economy to ransom by their legacy “dollar and pound” businesses. The artificial dollar scarcity in Nigeria is the grossest scam in West African history! The alhajis mint billions everyday by simply milking the Central Bank of dollars (with a single phone call from their palatial gardens, according to Sanusi) at an insanely low rate, and selling back to us at double or more the exchange they received it. No production. No taxes. No intellectual value. No industries. No nothing. Just billionaires by currency exchange. Yet, the extreme poverty in the North makes me want to cry. Have you ever asked yourself, “Is N6 trillion a recession budget?” Liars! By the time you add the budgets of the State governments, we are approaching N12 - N15 trillion! Is that recession? Where does all that money go? ≈Nigeria's 1914 Structure Is Hell-Bound≈ ••• If I were to allocate resources, Nigeria’s solution would be 90% political, 7% economic and 3% social. Nigeria’s 1914 structure is hell-bound. Or, prove to me that it is taking us to heaven! Have you wondered why Nigerian businesses, big and small, are crying? Have you wondered why no investors are coming into the country? Try as much as you can, SMEs and big businesses cannot reach their potentials under the current Nigerian arrangement. That's why. ≈Last warning≈ Your old mother complained of urinary incontinence and you gave her water throughout the night. Wickedness! A man electrocuted his seven children when you sent 3 kilowatts of energy to his house to power only three 40-watt bulbs. Now you offer him 3 megawatts! Here's the point: Buhari now wants to add “emergency economic powers” to his certificate wahala! And you say that's a good idea? Again, don’t let me say, six months later, “But I told you so!” ••• The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Didn't I warn you back in 2014 to look back at 1983-1985 to understand what 2015-2019 would look like? But you refused. What are we dealing with today? Exactly what we dealt with then - scarcity, forex problems, long queues, economic stagnation, military fear and terror, human rights abuses, gagging of the press, arrests, intimidation. Even giving your dog a name could earn you a life sentence. Better don't be fooled by the we're getting worse to get better lies. Next time you propose a solution for Nigeria, look at that social-political-economy allocation again. We either “correct the mistakes of 1914” by controlled demolition, or we allow the mistakes to correct us by nature’s inescapable law of compensation. Meanwhile, tell me, will you join Oluwakemi’s #IWillBurnTheNigerianPassport? Why?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by CHOPUP411(m): 11:53am On Aug 28, 2016
Pls the summary
Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by sparkleboy(m): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2016
Southerners should work together to dominate not write letters, Action!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by Goyim: 8:21am On Sep 07, 2016
sparkleboy:

Let them keep writing, until there is no one left in nigeria to receive that letter

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by sommyblaze(m): 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
sparkleboy:

True bruh but it doesn't change the truth contained in the Letter.

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by LoveDecay(m): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
Burn you passport now, you think your passport belongs to you.
Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by manutdrichie(m): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by Doghari: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
yoruba muslims who are 100% pro-abokkis will disagree with the superb write-up. If they don't eat abooki sh1t for one day, they'll die of hunger. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by sommyblaze(m): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
Doghari:
yoruba muslims who are 100% pro-abokkis will disagree with the superb write-up. If they don't eat abooki sh1t for one day, they'll die of hunger. grin

Ahahah most of them are no different

1 Like

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Doghari:

This is the Nigeria created by your forefathers like Azikiwe, the original aboki shit eater who who sold you all to slavery.
Blame Yoruba for having the foresight to see the kind of hole you were digging yourselves into.

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by Doghari: 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
Aigbofa:

[s]This is the Nigeria created by your forefathers like Azikiwe, the original aboki shit eater who who sold you all to slavery.
Blame Yoruba for having the foresight to see the kind of hole you were digging yourselves into.[/s]

I bet it was Zik that ordered Illorin be converted to a fula emirate.
I'm sure he was responsible for tying yoruba placenta to nigeria. What a powerful man Zik must have been. grin

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Doghari:

I bet it was Zik that ordered Illorin be converted to a fula emirate.
I'm sure he was responsible for tying yoruba placenta to nigeria. What a powerful man Zik must have been. grin

You still don't get it the way Azikiwe didn't.
Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by APCsupporter: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Doghari:

What a senseless post. How old are you?
Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by DelGardo: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
When your hero did nearly nothing serious about the thousands that died in the NE, boys beheaded, girls kidnapped and defiled, families wrecked and displaced except blame real and imagined enemies you did not burn your yeye passport.

Now because of a couple of isolated herdsmen related skirmishes in SE and, all of a sudden, it's the end of the world.

Eburu ozu onye ozo o di k'ebu ukwu nku.

Wickedness shall not abide... (Bob Marley)
Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by Doghari: 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
APCsupporter:

What a senseless post. How old are you?
The comment pain your abooki pro-dullard skull abi? grin

1 Like

Re: “I Will Burn The Nigerian Passport!” By: Ogbo Awoke Ogbo by leofab(f): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From VP Osibanjo's Visit To The SS And SE. / Throw Back Photo Of Governor Wike And Wife In Law School / Buhari’s Letter To Senate Names Osinbajo ‘coordinator’ Of Nation’s Affairs,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.