Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Is Relationship A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Relationship A Sin? (735 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / “Pastor Says Any Sex Position Apart From Missionary Style Is A Sin” – Lady / Sex Stories: Is It A Sin To Read Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Relationship A Sin? by porchster: 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pls no insult or bashing. I just need your opinion on this question.

Is having a relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend) devoid of sex i. e platonic relationship a sin? since they said we are to wait till we are ripe for marriage.
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by favourmic(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
Go Google am my friend or ask your pastor
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by ifenes(m): 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2016
porchster:

Is having a relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend) devoid of sex i. e platonic relationship a sin? since they said we are to wait till we are ripe for marriage.

Do you understand this is a silly question?
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by porchster: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
if you know you can give reasonable answer why commenting. that makes u more...
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by Akposb(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Your caveat is a relationship devoid of sex and platonic in itself.
Yes, God does not condemn a relationship between the opposite sex but what is the essence of this relationship you intend to go into. If it is to have a female as a best friend for now then you should be willing to subject your conscience to what God desires from you. If it is with the intention to get married to her in future, your age and her age should be put into consideration. The period or time you are going to spend before marriage matters but just ensure you are not creating an outlet for temptation or sin.
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by porchster: 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
Akposb:
Your caveat is a relationship devoid of sex and platonic in itself.
Yes, God does not condemn a relationship between the opposite sex but what is the essence of this relationship you intend to go into. If it is to have a female as a best friend for now then you should be willing to subject your conscience to what God desires from you. If it is with the intention to get married to her in future, your age and her age should be put into consideration. The period or time you are going to spend before marriage matters but just ensure you are not creating an outlet for temptation or sin.

Thanks you am getting it clearer now
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by frubben(m): 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lemme rephrase ur question, then answer yourself(that's if your are intelligent)

Can cat and fish becomes friend without any wahala

Why do u think jesus choose 12 niggas and no babe?
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
porchster:

if relationship is a sin, how do you expect to get married? undecided abi you wan do blind marriage? grin people are doing blind dates so I won't judge if you want to be reallly adventurous and do blind marriage grin grin grin
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by porchster: 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
if relationship is a sin, how do you expect to get married? undecided abi you wan do blind marriage? grin people are doing blind dates so I won't judge if you want to be reallly adventurous and do blind marriage grin grin grin

Pls dont mistake me my meaning of relationship is diff from courtship.
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
porchster:

Pls dont mistake me my meaning of relationship is diff from courtship.
how are you going to be in a courtship without being in a relationship? cheesy grin
Re: Is Relationship A Sin? by porchster: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
how are you going to be in a courtship without being in a relationship? cheesy grin

lol this is not a matter of English auntie. the relationship i mean is that as a teenager is it a sin to be in a relationship?

(1) (Reply)

Pagan Destruction Chronology (314-870 C.E) (share Your Own Views) / New And Awesome Testimony Loading For A Nairalander / God! Are You Still There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.