Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,510 members, 7,843,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

In Pics: Army Construct Temporary School For Internally Displaced Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Pics: Army Construct Temporary School For Internally Displaced Children (533 Views)

Ranking Of States By Internally Generated Revenue 2016 / Policemen Posted To Borno Turn To Internally Displaced Persons (Photos) / Governor Shettima Buys House For An Internally Displaced Lactating Mother(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Pics: Army Construct Temporary School For Internally Displaced Children by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
The Nigerian Army has won the heart of many people with the establishment of a school for children at the Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp which is located in Bama town in Borno State.
The temporary school which was constructed using military tents was built by troops of 21 Brigade, 7 Division Nigerian Army.
In a statement by Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman who is the spokesperson of the army, he said the school “comprised 6 military tents in which soldiers not on essential duty served as teachers. In addition, some of the IDPs who were teachers before their displacement also teach in the school.”
The school has over 3,000 children while there is also a section for adult education for women.
The project caught the eye of the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) which also assisted the Brigade with 2 additional tents and school bags for the pupils “while Borno State Urban Education deployed a Principal to assist in running of the school.”
Mr Toby Lanzer who is the UN assistant secretary-general and the regional humanitarian coordinator for the Sahel commended the Nigerian army for the project.
He gave this commendation during the recently held World Humanitarian Day which he celebrated with the IDPs in the school.
See photos of the school below:
cc : lalasticlala

Re: In Pics: Army Construct Temporary School For Internally Displaced Children by HandsomeHITLER(m): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
I'm willing to teach them voluntarily .
Re: In Pics: Army Construct Temporary School For Internally Displaced Children by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
More...

Re: In Pics: Army Construct Temporary School For Internally Displaced Children by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
I'm willing to teach them voluntarily .

You a soldier?
Re: In Pics: Army Construct Temporary School For Internally Displaced Children by HandsomeHITLER(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
KissChris:

You a soldier?
NOPE
Re: In Pics: Army Construct Temporary School For Internally Displaced Children by praise010(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2016
Can they learn in such environment?
Good job from the army though! Our Government cares less about its people.
I pity these kids future.
Re: In Pics: Army Construct Temporary School For Internally Displaced Children by Azujabeel(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
praise010:
Can they learn in such environment?
Good job from the army though! Our Government cares less about its people.
I pity these kids future.
the govt. seemed to be loosing direction

(1) (Reply)

Change Begins With Me Imagine NPF Collecting Bribe With POS / What's Your Thought On The Upcoming Governorship Election Under Current INEC? / PHOTOS: Saraki Interacts With Constituents Via #asksaraki Town Hall Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.