Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,497 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment (48808 Views)

Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards / Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes / This X-rated Nigerian Bridal Shower Has Got Everyone Talking(see Stories Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by lascopes(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
Absolute rubbish...mod take note
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
Why is Darey there?? Remove him and replace him with yemi Alade Asap!

3 Likes

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by joystickextend1(m): 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
Wack list
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by spidey77: 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
muzzafar:
I want to see Olamide and Yemi alade there
OLAMIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by mayority002: 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
hmmm d'banj overrate u don't know wat u are saying go and sing make we hear your own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by clemmonce(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
theshaderoom:

She came to sell her market in Nigeria so she gotta be included.
You don't know what you are saying. Ice prince can't rap ? Go and listen to his very well he does commercial rap and he also has classic rap songs. Lil mesh oga go and sit down ... You don't know anything. The moment I saw Mayorkuns name on the list I give up... How can you put his name there a new guy on the block . you don't know anything about music.. Go and sit down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by chesterlee(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
Victoria Kimani is not a Nigerian!!!!!
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by Jidibia(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
I will only take u seriously when you put 2face Idibia , Banky W, P Square, Davido, Phyno, MI, Jessy Jags, Tiwa Savage and Wizkid on that list.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by shollyboy2: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
so you actually put dbanj on this list? OmG you need help mentally.... have you ever top of the world by dbanj? and you think he's Stil not good enough? naahh you need help....And I don't think sheyi shay deserve to be on your list...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by bee444: 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Just listened to Shayi Shay, haa I tell you...she can't sing sh*t. Voice shaking like rumbling water. She's got good videos though.
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by coolhumble(m): 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Dbanj! Haba guy why na? Ice prince you are very correct. Lil kesh you are wrong.
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by Jokerman(m): 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Well I am not really into music. ..buh u put Dbanj and Darey here, u might as well put Dagrin and Asa too....

U no see Cynthia Morgan, Yemi Alade, Reminisce, Tekno etc. ..

Fyi, Dbanj is in the class of 2baba, of which both are above wizkid, davido, Tiwa garbage, Waje etc

4 Likes

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by mandhip: 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
amolak:
grin grin grin his matter pass stupidity

Damn this is disgusting my brother, I've been watching a lot of children here try to discredit dbanj at all cost. Apart from dbanj been a complete entertainer to rock u like mad on stage, his artistic prowess is superb. I've listened to his songs from 2004 I noticed he never copied anybody and he never repeat the same sound pattern in each of his songs now that's creativity he always try to reinvent himself without joining the bandwagon of the current trend. Who could ever believe in 2004 day dbanj can sing songs like TOP OF THE WORLD, EXTRAORDINARY, SALUTE, KIMON, WON DAMO(BURNA BOY FEATURED) CONFIDENTIAL, ETC . Thats creativity yes he may not be the best vocalist like wande coal and tuface but he stand out from the rest and make sure his voice suits his style of sound. I've noticed since dbanj left jazzy every effort is continuously being made to discredit him , evil people everywhere

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by cuteralph101(m): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
I concur....but Darey. How bout Brymo, Scales. DBanj knows his overrated dts y he sang emergency emergency u never see me coming through. He's no singer just an entertainer Still trying to find solace in NG Entertainment. Before him fans chop me make I zoom off. He actually sucks when he sang Am a bachelor. Okay I af gone
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by bibiking7(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2016

I will only remove dbanj from that list. But the truth is, these artiste have their good songs and the ones that suck. For example, I will state it anywhere and anytime that psquare alingo song sucks assssss. Dbanj has some good songs. Most times hits are not that hard to make, with the right promotion and publicity. You got yourself a hit track. I got some old ladies that ended upnliking rihanna's work work work, just because it kept coming on anytime they turn their car radios on. I think wande coal is under appreciated though.

1 Like

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by Jonwesley(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
Only Timi Dakolo, Asa, 2face are the only musicians in Naija that are rated and doing music well. Forget the rest number. They are over rated.
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by Charliiee(m): 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
Apparently, most People don't know what "overrated" means. Well, Overrated is anything given too much praise and hype. Being overrated doesn't mean you're bad at what you do just means you're over hyped. Lol, someone saying small doctor shud be on the list, is he even rated to say he's overrated? BTW I don't agree w/ the list.
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by aylagos(m): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
Some people that have flaties head wrote the list, we know them thay are not secure
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by juliustocome: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
Swear if u no dey dance shoki...Wack List

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by cuteralph101(m): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
Yemi Alaaaaaade...i think she is too. I don't see her as a singer just hustler. My opinions tho
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by Lordseyad(m): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
The moment I saw Dbanj nd Darey on the list..

grin

I concluded Mr Op is a joker.. Nd He must be very high..

Ibadan weed at work.. That's the only thing I know which gives one this kind of inspiration..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by freecocoa(f): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
Darey shouldn't be on that list and you included ms shay, really? Leaving out Yemi Alade? OP something's not right with your list.
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by JayJayGee: 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
Your list is fuccked up... I only agree with Kimani being overrated
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by shollyboy2: 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
Seun really need to ban the OP and moderator that put this thing on front page...How can a mentally stable person says Dbanj is over rated.....Ops I'm sorry to say sir... go to yaba left for examination.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
Saying Darey is overrated is strange. I've always felt he's underrated.
Mayorkun is not overrated either. I don't hear too many people "screaming" bout him but he's talented.
Kimani is good.
D'banj has paid his dues.
Lil Kesh may be the prince of vulgarity but he is NOT overrated. If you can consistently make music that is capable of getting people on their feet, I wouldn't call you overrated.

I think Chidinma deserves a spot on your list.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by shollyboy2: 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
This what we get to read when fans of small doctor uses Naira land....So smallDoctor didn't make your list...

1 Like

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by freecocoa(f): 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
Jokerman:
Well I am not really into music. ..buh u put Dbanj and Darey here, u might as well put Dagrin and Asa too....

U no see Cynthia Morgan, Yemi Alade, Reminisce, Tekno etc. ..

Fyi, Dbanj is in the class of 2baba, of which both are above wizkid, davido, Tiwa garbage, Waje etc
I'm not in love with Cynthia's person but boy can she sing? Yes she can, the girl is good and Tekno tries too, but most Nigerians don't know good music anyways. undecided
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by livinbygrace: 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
Including Darey on that list makes it a total TRASH from the pit of hell and you know nothing about music..Just a wannabe.Where is Dprince ?

1 Like

Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
i can't stand iceprince. The guy go dey force american accent in his rap. grin
Person wey dey born and bred for jos.
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by azimibraun: 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
Compare all the singers with Brymo or Asa and you will agree 99% with the OP... Although he should have concerned himself with what we have in short supply "Real Sustainable talent" instead of what we have in abundance " Fake, Ice under the Sun artiste" or " Bungalow Brain artiste" wey go soon melt dissapear.
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by ehikwe22: 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
This list is perfect. Darey is highly talented but I don't know what his problem is. Ice Prince is zero talented and I don't know what he raps about. sounds so lame. D banj has no talent so also is K Cee. I'm not a fan of Lil kesh but I think he is better at what he does than the other is listed apart from Darey. Olamide should be on the list as well.
Re: 8 Over-rated Nigerian Artistes By Naijatainment by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
freecocoa:
I'm not in love with Cynthia's person but boy can she sing? Yes she can, the girl is good and Tekno tries too, but most Nigerians don't know good music anyways. undecided

That makes two of us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Humblesmith Blasted Over European Tour With One Hit Song [PICS] / SARS Officers Mistake Charles Okacha & His Hypeman For Yahoo Boys, Harass Them / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.