Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. (2606 Views)

My Life As A Religious BadAss Motherfvcker(18+) By Ayo / She Totally Worths Your Vote. ******refiner****** / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Schoolguy9(m): 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Good evening Nairalanders, I'm glad to be finally here.

My foremost gratitude goes to God Almighty for seeing me through in the first stage of my stay in UNIZIK.

I am Nzeakor Davis Imiano (schoolguy9), I hope to be a Microbiologist some day.

Feel free to add your comments as you read.

##
Though, not my initial purshuit, I was admitted into the department of Applied Microbiology and Brewing in the faculty of Biosciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.

The heat was on and I had to make do with the course I was offered to study, it was not a bad one though but I would have gone for the best if had the might.

From day one I had seen Unizik as the ideal University for me, I can't specifically say why but it could be because of it's proximity, so, of all the time I registered for the JAMB UME I always put the school as my first choice and after the UME I never bothered to purchase nor sit for post JAMB UME screening exercise in any other school I used to make up for other choices other than Unizik, there's no need purchasing or sitting for post UME screening exercise in a Polytechnic or College of Education when I know I would'nt accept the admission if eventually offered to me, not that Polytechnics or any other institutions are'nt good but, rather , I have made my choice and that's what I sticked to.

The post UME screening in Unizik in that year was'nt fun at all, unlike previous years when the screening was done using paper and pencil type (PPT), the institution moved to all Computer Based Testing (CBT) for the 2015/2016 entrance session and we happened to be the first crop of aspirants to face it, I can say the institution was not fully ready for what they exposed most of us to on the first day of the screening exercise.

We were beaten by rain and we were scorched by the heat of the sun that day, there was enough pushing that day that some candidates who came for the screening exercise resorted to fainting as their saving grace (did I just say saving grace? I don't know what else to term it since those who did not faint were not even happy nor spared from the pushing and squeezing by other aspirants), it got to a point where you will standing alone, not even on any queue or line someone will come from no where and push you, others will be shouting "Forward! Forward! Forward ever!", "Let's go there" as if they knew where they were going to, thanks to God and to the presence of the security personnels provided by the institution, no life was lost that day as those who fainted were taken to the school's medical facility there, but, what baffled me most was that when the medical team took away the victims of the fainting thing, they still brought back the ambulance used in evacuating them and kept it stand-by, perhaps they guessed another person would still faint.

I did'nt faint neither did I incur any injury, I only got my foot wear (shoes) spoilt and some stains on my cloth.

Though, some candidates did, I ended up not sitting for the screening exercise on that day, we were asked to return four days after to sit for the exercise as other subsequent days had been fixed for candidates of other faculties to sit for the exam.

On friday, I wish I still recall the exact date, we returned and sat for the test, the management of the institution handled the situation with more care on that day, fewer of us came unlike the first day, so, they even provided tampurine canopies to shelter us in case it rained on that day.

That was it, we sat for the exercise peacefully and with less hassle, by 8:00pm on that day we had started checking our post UME results on the school's online portal (my.unizik.edu.ng/ bla bla bla), mine did not come out on time as some of us were seeing alerts on the portal as "Invalid Result" when we input our registration numbers, though, some people did not see theirs, after few hours or days some of us saw ours, lo I scored 60 per 100 total, not bad but the competition was huge, I knew I needed God more (after all, who else do you run to then?), so, the waiting and search for admission into Unizik continued.

Cc: Lacalasticlala,
Obinnau, all Nairalanders.
Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
woulda made sense in Diaries section.... congrats bruh... cool
Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Schoolguy9(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
In the weeks that followed administrations of Unizik started rolling out names of successful candidates that had been offered admission to study in the various faculties supported by the institution, those who were picked on merit were admitted, we did'nt hear a single word again, all over the internet aspirants were making buzzes, especially on Facebook, groups and pages relating to the institution were frequently bombarded with questions by candidates who sat for the screening exercise, but I was'nt worried (not much), because I knew though I was'nt among those who made higher scores, I was above average, those who sat for the screening exercise in that year would attest to it, 60 as a score was'nt easy, some made 5 per 100 while some others even made 0.0, I wonder if they actually sat for the test.

So, I sat patiently for my name to appear on the portal but it did'nt, those who were offered admission already were jubilating and had already started pasting how their resumption would look like, trust Nigerians,
"I have been admitted, should I go with garri?"
"Should I live in the school hostel or find accommodation off campus?"
that's the kind of questions you see, I wondered if they should go with there girlfriends instead or find accomodation off air, who cared?

If I had cried then I would have been less of a full grown man is'nt it? It is, so, I did my best not to cry or feel devastated though I might have had the urge to (I wonder who woud'nt if you were in my shoes).

From day to day I toured the institution's website to check my admission status, it seemed the portal had been programmed to tell me "DAVIS, IMIANO, you have not been admitted" but the institution had a way of giving aspirants little hope on their portal by saying "Check back soon, admission process still in progess "Ibupro 2006" " so, we had to wait since the admission was offered in batches and only a batch had been released then, we earnestly hoped on the second and third ones if at all they would be out.

After the release of the so called first batch or merit list, it took long a time to hear from the institution again, some aspirants were already losing hope on the admission while others had moved on to seek for admission into other institutions they applied for, I knew I had been landlocked as I did'nt buy screening form(s) for any other institution I chose and the time had elapsed for it, it was either Unizik or picking another JAMB form which was not a better option. When the school resumed for 2015/2016 academic session all hope were almost already lost as those who gained admission had moved on and most of the school's group of Facebook which were known to be always bombarded with posts (both relevant and irrelevant ones) started being quiet, then, we knew most of our fellows had started being occupied with studies.

Being desperate was rather too soft a phrase to describe my atitude then, I needed to run away from JAMB, I needed to learn something new, I needed to... Just name them, but my name was not yet out, it was even confirmed that some peeps who had the same or even less aggregate score like me were admitted but I was yet to be admitted until we got the wind that Unizik had released her second batch admission list for the session, with the speed of light, note that some aspirants at that point had started falling helplessly to scammers who made it a duty to offer students aspiring to study in the institution 'admissions' of their own for little and huge tokens (till date these bunch of scammers are still on Facebook, I don't know if they are here on Nairaland too), thanks to God I did'nt fall for them, I opened my browser, input the url of the portal for checking admission status, when it opened I hastely input my Reg. Number in the put box provided, it was a critical moment, the moment whose outcome would determine whether I stay or go, staying meant going to Unizik, my first choice and last too, going meant sitting for another JAMB UME which I was'nt ready for, within the short period of time it took the portal to generate my credentials and status after I clicked the "check admission" button I had prayed a thousand time in my heart, if Usain Bolt was a prayer rather than an athlete his speech of accomplishment would'nt have been any where close to mine and finally it opened, "Dear (how did the even paste the alert? I can't remember), IMIANO, you have been offered provisional admission to study Applied Microbiology and Brewing in Unizik"
"Thanks be to God" I said to myself.
My joy new no bound then, I started calling all my peeps whom I came in contact with over the course of seeking admission, to know if they were admitted too, my siblings, my parents, my friends, everybody who cared, I needed to share my happiness with people, in fact, I temporarily forgot that the course I was offered to study was'nt my initial course I chose, did I even care? I was finally going to Unizik after all.
Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Schoolguy9(m): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
slyIsaac:
woulda made sense in Diaries section.... congrats bruh... cool

You're welcome sir, I felt like sharing it here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Talius(m): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
Story, story. This science village rep. Thank God for your successful first year. Make good use of your holiday - November will be here before you know it, sophomore years are usually the hardest because of increases expectations. I wish you all the best bro.
Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Tuoyofelix(m): 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Schoolguy9(m): 3:59am On Aug 29, 2016
Talius:
Story, story. This science village rep. Thank God for your successful first year. Make good use of your holiday - November will be here before you know it, sophomore years are usually the hardest because of increases expectations. I wish you all the best bro.

Thanks bro.! It's never easy.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by precydamsel(f): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
Weldone dude, unizik node easy, from staying in long que to buy post ume form, also standing frm management sci faculty to digital library, to high B.P that one passes through to chk results, to admin bla bla bla, well all thanks to God,am a 200level Entrepreneurial studies student of unizik,God will surely see us through

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Schoolguy9(m): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2016
precydamsel:
Weldone dude, unizik node easy, from staying in long que to buy post ume form, also standing frm management sci faculty to digital library, to high B.P that one passes through to chk results, to admin bla bla bla, well all thanks to God,am a 200level Entrepreneurial studies student of unizik,God will surely see us through

Well said Precy, you're absolutely right.
Amen to your prayer o.
Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 31, 2016
Unizik is noting but High blood pressure......

But the best school in terms of No cultism, and a fast academic calender.

Plus, If u really want to be a student there, you would succeed academically though the administrators will make sure you earned it.

Op, wait till you start your seminar of final year projects.....Thats when your Supervisor will categorically tell you to prove that ebola virus can fasten fermentation! grin

And u must prove it...or fail cool
Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Schoolguy9(m): 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hi, please help like this post on facebook to win a prize.

The voting is by number of Likes.

Like on Union's page: mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=896871620419278&id=295161077257005&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.896871620419278%3Atl_objid.896871620419278%3Athid.295161077257005%3A306061129499414%3A3%3A0%3A1475305199%3A-8952731437896325524.

Thanks.
Tuoyofelix
precydamsel
Talius
slyIsaac

voting ends on 19th.
Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by precydamsel(f): 1:32am On Sep 14, 2016
Schoolguy9:
Hi, please help like this post on facebook to win a prize.

The voting is by number of Likes.

Like on Union's page: mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=896871620419278&id=295161077257005&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.896871620419278%3Atl_objid.896871620419278%3Athid.295161077257005%3A306061129499414%3A3%3A0%3A1475305199%3A-8952731437896325524.

Thanks.
Tuoyofelix
precydamsel
Talius
slyIsaac

voting ends on 19th.
Done!

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 100L Undergraduate Of Unizik Worths Documentation. by Talius(m): 4:18am On Sep 14, 2016
Done. More grace bro!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Afrique Depot- Classic Nigerian Novels and Pacesetters Novels / SONS OF WAR - THE PROPHET SCI-FI - C2P4 UPDATED / Do NOT Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.