Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,198 members, 7,845,951 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (164287 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by brisstone(m): 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2017
sotall:

This means the laptop doesnt power with battery anymore. To confirm this, remove the charger and power it with only the battery, it wont switch on.
This is a motherboard error. Take it to the nearest engineer or if you are in Lagos and need someone to resolve it, you can contact me on 08164685979.
pls u tell me what to do because i am in an isolated area. i have idea on computer repairs. thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2017
brisstone:

pls u tell me what to do because i am in an isolated area. i have idea on computer repairs. thanks

The problem with your laptop is from the motherboard, hence you cant handle it yourself. Take it to an engineer.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Olatimide(m): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2017
My hp 15 r-100ne motherboard is not displayin anymore, just shows blank(white) and then goes off. Any solution?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by brisstone(m): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2017
sotall:
The problem with your laptop is from the motherboard, hence you cant handle it yourself. Take it to an engineer.
can i continue using it like that for the main time without causing more damage?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 12:04pm On Feb 10, 2017
Olatimide:
My hp 15 r-100ne motherboard is not displayin anymore, just shows blank(white) and then goes off. Any solution?
hmmm.....i will need more info before telling you anything on this.

is it an AMD or Intel motherboard?
Did you work on it recently?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
brisstone:

can i continue using it like that for the main time without causing more damage?
I will advice you dont because whenever electricity is interrupted, the laptop will go off because there is no back-up from the battery. This will eventually lead to operating system issues when windows continues to shut down inappropriately. The only solution to using it the way it is is to use UPS with your system so that it doesnt go off when power is interrupted.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by mabeni(m): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2017
My Laptop suddenly went blank n never come up but the power button or light does
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:44am On Feb 12, 2017
mabeni:
My Laptop suddenly went blank n never come up but the power button or light does
what is the brand and model of your laptop?
is your laptop motherboard AMD or Intel?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by KingOfThePay(m): 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
sotall:
what is the brand and model of your laptop?
is your laptop motherboard AMD or Intel?
facing same issue here bro.
Mine is intel. Hp pavilion g6.
After turning it on, screen comes up black nothing on display
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
KingOfThePay:

facing same issue here bro.
Mine is intel. Hp pavilion g6.
After turning it on, screen comes up black nothing on display
When this happens, it is usually a hardware error, most likely the motherboard and at times RAM. A laptop engineer needs to check it and determine where the error is coming from. if you are in Lagos, I can help you check it. Whatsapp or call 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by KingOfThePay(m): 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
sotall:
When this happens, it is usually a hardware error, most likely the motherboard and at times RAM. A laptop engineer needs to check it and determine where the error is coming from. if you are in Lagos, I can help you check it. Whatsapp or call 08164685979.
alright thanks. i will have it checked
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:38am On Feb 19, 2017
happy weekend guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by saintade01(m): 10:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
My laptop hp 620 keep making a beeping sound while it hangs for some minutes. Please help
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:52am On Feb 20, 2017
saintade01:
My laptop hp 620 keep making a beeping sound while it hangs for some minutes. Please help
the beeping sound can be from a faulty keyboard or incorrectly-placed RAM.

As for the hanging, I have experienced this hanging on hp620 severally and the problem is usually from the motherboard. if when you switch on the laptop and then it hangs while booting to windows, then it is confirmed that the issue is from the motherboard.

Other causes of hanging maybe from a failing hard drive or RAM. Hence only after troubleshooting that an engineer can tell where the issue is. If you are in Lagos and need someone to help you, call me on 08164685979.

4 Likes

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by allansie(m): 7:45am On Feb 20, 2017
Pls help,there's a white bright spot on d middle of d screen of my system wch is mostly visible when I open a white background....pls,wot can I do
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by saintade01(m): 11:16am On Feb 20, 2017
sotall:
the beeping sound can be from a faulty keyboard or incorrectly-placed RAM.

As for the hanging, I have experienced this hanging on hp620 severally and the problem is usually from the motherboard. if when you switch on the laptop and then it hangs while booting to windows, then it is confirmed that the issue is from the motherboard.

Other causes of hanging maybe from a failing hard drive or RAM. Hence only after troubleshooting that an engineer can tell where the issue is. If you are in Lagos and need someone to help you, call me on 08164685979.

Thanks

Yes I just changed the keyboard and the problem started. Maybe I will check the ram like you said.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Smile5n(m): 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
Am really in need of your help.
My laptop affected by virus and i have many important files/document saved in my hard disk,and the only way to remove the viruses is to format my laptop.but my problem is that i want to format my system but am afraid of losing my document because i don't have any flash/hard drive to back them up.please what should i do?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Smile5n:
Am really in need of your help.
My laptop affected by virus and i have many important files/document saved in my hard disk,and the only way to remove the viruses is to format my laptop.but my problem is that i want to format my system but am afraid of losing my document because i don't have any flash/hard drive to back them up.please what should i do?
what type of virus is affecting your system? or how is the system behaving?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Smile5n(m): 10:49am On Feb 22, 2017
sotall:
what type of virus is affecting your system? or how is the system behaving?

the system is refusing to start.when i on the system,it shows START on the screen,when i clicked on the start,the system hooks and refuse to boot
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2017
Smile5n:

the system is refusing to start.when i on the system,it shows START on the screen,when i clicked on the start,the system hooks and refuse to boot
what is the brand and model of the laptop.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by MykellOni(m): 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
Help guys, my mini dell jz started over heating of recent. It's so serious dat d laptop goes dead in less dan 5mins of operation. What can I do pls
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Canme4u(m): 3:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
Smile5n:

Have you tried to repair it?

If that doesn't work, try restore it to ealiear working point.
All this can be done when it started booting, continue pressing F8 and follow it prompt.

If all that didn't work, load another OS on it without formatting it. The system will create a folder in your local disc, usually C: drive, its name will be OLD WINDOWS, open it, open USER, if its password protected, it will require one. Then locate your files, copy/cut and past it on your newly installed OS then, delete the OLD WINDOWS FOLDER, it will request for permission, grant it.

Hope this help fix your issues.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Canme4u(m): 3:58pm On Mar 09, 2017
MykellOni:
Help guys, my mini dell jz started over heating of recent. It's so serious dat d laptop goes dead in less dan 5mins of operation. What can I do pls
Is the cooling fan working?

Is it blowing out air?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by flourishing(m): 7:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
please how do i run the network port of a dell latitude e6410 laptop. where can i get the software and also a lan cable. thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Idaok007(m): 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
Good day engineer,
I have some issues with my HP 2000,
1. it very very slow when i connect it with WiFi for browsing and
2. It always come up with start menu when in on it.
F2
Kindly assist with this.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Canme4u(m): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
Idaok007:
Good day engineer,
I have some issues with my HP 2000,
1. it very very slow when i connect it with WiFi for browsing and
2. It always come up with start menu when in on it.
F2
Kindly assist with this.

The internet or the whole system?

If its internet, have you tried connect it to another wireless it brows faster?
If yes, try get driver pack 13 and drive it again.

Note: I'm not the OP ooo, am just tranna help pending when he attend to your query.

Salam.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Idaok007(m): 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
The problem is the internet, the system has been connected to many internet platform.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Horus(m): 12:46am On Mar 11, 2017
MykellOni:

A sure sign that your laptop gets too hot is when your fan always runs at maximum speed. But the fail safe software may trigger a sudden shutdown to prevent hardware damage.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Princejebs(m): 1:47pm On Mar 12, 2017
sotall:
Hi guys, I am a computer engineer and specializes in servicing and repairing laptops. Post your laptops issue here and i will give you solution that would help you fix it yourself.

Do you have a BIOS-passworded laptop and finding it hard to clear the password?

Call or whatsapp me on the number on my signature

Other engineers in the house can contribute.
Good day bro,i bought a UK used laptop laptop last week,i test it there and there was no issue and on getting home when I was testing the laptop the screen flicker for some second and went back. I was thinking it was the screen that has issues and I contacted the seller amd he said he has test the laptop himself and he neva notice that and I am sure he will not sell faulty Laptop for me
The problem now is the screen does that once everyday and sometimes it will not and I dnt Understand why,i have touch the laptop screen to see may be it will shake or do that flickering but it didn't. The guy told me its might be a software,please help because I am very far from the guy and I can't risk giving new laptop to any how engineer. It's a Dell laptop,4gb ram 500hdd,corei3,with window 10

Sometimes I even decide to open and close the laptop may be its might be flex and it doesn't flick,it always happen unexpected like a crash on the screen and comes back normal which happens very fast that I can't even snapshot
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
Princejebs:

Good day bro,i bought a UK used laptop laptop last week,i test it there and there was no issue and on getting home when I was testing the laptop the screen flicker for some second and went back. I was thinking it was the screen that has issues and I contacted the seller amd he said he has test the laptop himself and he neva notice that and I am sure he will not sell faulty Laptop for me
The problem now is the screen does that once everyday and sometimes it will not and I dnt Understand why,i have touch the laptop screen to see may be it will shake or do that flickering but it didn't. The guy told me its might be a software,please help because I am very far from the guy and I can't risk giving new laptop to any how engineer. It's a Dell laptop,4gb ram 500hdd,corei3,with window 10

Sometimes I even decide to open and close the laptop may be its might be flex and it doesn't flick,it always happen unexpected like a crash on the screen and comes back normal which happens very fast that I can't even snapshot
Well the problem maybe coming from either the screen or signal cable and it is never a software problem. You need to see a technician to troubleshoot and tell you where the issue is. if you are in Lagos, contact me
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Princejebs(m): 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2017
sotall:
Well the problem maybe coming from either the screen or signal cable and it is never a software problem. You need to see a technician to troubleshoot and tell you where the issue is. if you are in Lagos, contact me
I stay in Niger state and is very far bro, will that signal cable cost me alot? angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (107) (Reply)

100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows) / Unlock Huawei E303 Modem And All Stubborn Modem Unlock Difficulties Solved! / How To Activate Windows 7 Using Cmd Permanently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.