Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (162080 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Electroweb(m): 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
I have a hp laptop dv4. The screen turns blue and shuts down when i am using it. It became worse over time. How can i solve this problem?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
Electroweb:
I have a hp laptop dv4. The screen turns blue and shuts down when i am using it. It became worse over time. How can i solve this problem?
install a fresh operating system on it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by amusaaj33(m): 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
please Ops, what can I do? my hp laptop is not connected to the wireless internet connection. the icon only shows LAN connection. I tried to diagnose it bt it is not showing wireless connection? is it possible that the laptop is not compatible with WAN but only LAN
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
can't connect to this network is what i do experience with my hp notebook but modem works fine with it only public network it does shows can't connect to this network at network bar when you hover over the network you intend to connect.

another thing, my laptop powers itself off at 75%, i have tried updating many drivers but doesn't work. thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
amusaaj33:
please Ops, what can I do? my hp laptop is not connected to the wireless internet connection. the icon only shows LAN connection. I tried to diagnose it bt it is not showing wireless connection? is it possible that the laptop is not compatible with WAN but only LAN
there should be a wireless connection on your laptop. If it isn't working, it's either it's drivers are not installed or you need to change the wireless Card
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
dayo2me:
can't connect to this network is what i do experience with my hp notebook but modem works fine with it only public network it does shows can't connect to this network at network bar when you hover over the network you intend to connect.

another thing, my laptop powers itself off at 75%, i have tried updating many drivers but doesn't work. thanks
if you get that message when trying to connect to a wireless network, its probably because it is locked or you aren't authorized to connect to it.

If your laptop turns off at 75%, then the battery is bad.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by amusaaj33(m): 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
sotall:
there should be a wireless connection on your laptop. If it isn't working, it's either it's drivers are not installed or you need to change the wireless Card
it is not showing at all, where is the wireless card located? can I download the driver or the card on the net through LAN? if yes, can you please explain?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:05am On Aug 17, 2017
amusaaj33:
it is not showing at all, where is the wireless card located? can I download the driver or the card on the net through LAN? if yes, can you please explain?
when you tried diagnosing it, what error did you get?
Go to device manager and click on network adapter and see if there is a yellow mark close to any of the drivers

Get back to me.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by amusaaj33(m): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2017
sotall:
when you tried diagnosing it, what error did you get?
Go to device manager and click on network adapter and see if there is a yellow mark close to any of the drivers

Get back to me.
see the screen shot below

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by amusaaj33(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2017
amusaaj33:

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 11:45am On Aug 17, 2017
calculus4life:

It has been inspected by an engineer he said no fault on the hardware and the funniest thing is that the system works well on battery but whenever the charger is plugged the screen light will off so if I use a torch light the screen still displays. The problem started 3 weeks I changed the faulty screen of the system

Right click on the ba3 icon, click on power option, in power option, click on restore to default.. And restart your system.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
amusaaj33:
As you can see, one of the drivers for your network adapter (i.e network controller with yellow mark beside it)isn't installed or is not working.

That is most likely the reason your wireless isn't working.

To resolve it, connect your laptop to a USB modem so that you are connected to the Internet. Now right click on the network controller and choose update driver.
Wait for it to download and install the drivers automatically.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Gkemz: 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
My elitebook 8460p battery can't charge after a complete charge until its battery drops to 93%. I have done all manner of calibration. I updated my Bios to the latest but still couldn't resolve it. Pls is this a battery problem or just a motherboard configuration. I had the same issue with my previous notebook hp 620.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
Gkemz:
My elitebook 8460p battery can't charge after a complete charge until its battery drops to 93%. I have done all manner of calibration. I updated my Bios to the latest but still couldn't resolve it. Pls is this a battery problem or just a motherboard configuration. I had the same issue with my previous notebook hp 620.

Still don't understand you.. Ba3 can't charge after a complete charge 100% right? Until it drops to 93% before it will charge again right?

What does the ba3 indicators says when you notice that problem? Is it plugin charging or plugin not charging?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by CashNaira96: 4:35am On Aug 18, 2017
Guys my mini laptop just started misbehaving not too long ago.. I have a strong battery tht lasts up to 5hours, yesterday evening I tried copying sth from an external hardisk to it and installing avast... then the system just displays blue screen of death and refuses to go away I had to use the power button to switch it off. Then it wouldn't turn on. After I plugged it I noticed that it turned on and was displaying battery not detected, now it runs only on ac it doesn't detect the battery. What could be the cause please and how do I fix it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:47am On Aug 18, 2017
CashNaira96:
Guys my mini laptop just started misbehaving not too long ago.. I have a strong battery tht lasts up to 5hours, yesterday evening I tried copying sth from an external hardisk to it and installing avast... then the system just displays blue screen of death and refuses to go away I had to use the power button to switch it off. Then it wouldn't turn on. After I plugged it I noticed that it turned on and was displaying battery not detected, now it runs only on ac it doesn't detect the battery. What could be the cause please and how do I fix it
First remove the battery and place it back in position and then switch it on without the charger plugged in. That should work.

You can also try another battery on the laptop.
If both options doesn't work, you need to see a technician for thorough troubleshooting.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Gkemz: 10:02am On Aug 18, 2017
udemzyudex:

Still don't understand you.. Ba3 can't charge after a complete charge 100% right? Until it drops to 93% before it will charge again right?

What does the ba3 indicators says when you notice that problem? Is it plugin charging or plugin not charging?

battery taskbar displays "Plugged in, not charging"
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 11:46am On Aug 18, 2017
Gkemz:

battery taskbar displays "Plugged in, not charging"

I'll advice you try troubleshooting with another ba3 to confirm..

Most time when you over charge the ba3, it stop charging after a while and bring out the plugin not charging indication..

Once you charge to 100%,disconnect your charger and use till it drop to 50% or less then charge again..

Over charging can cause the ba3 to start misbehaving, if you're not satisfied with this, I'll advice you check with another ba3.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by jaywize(f): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
My HP 2000 laptop shows a blank screen after booting. The only thing visible on the screen is the mouse pointer. Can you please help me...
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
jaywize:
My HP 2000 laptop shows a blank screen after booting. The only thing visible on the screen is the mouse pointer. Can you please help me...
Your operating system is having issues. I recommend you do a system restore or refresh the system.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by jaywize(f): 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
sotall:
Your operating system is having issues. I recommend you do a system restore or refresh the system.

How do I refresh the system? What are the steps to follow?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Gkemz: 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
udemzyudex:

I'll advice you try troubleshooting with another ba3 to confirm..

Most time when you over charge the ba3, it stop charging after a while and bring out the plugin not charging indication..

Once you charge to 100%,disconnect your charger and use till it drop to 50% or less then charge again..

Over charging can cause the ba3 to start misbehaving, if you're not satisfied with this, I'll advice you check with another ba3.

I have done all manner of troubleshooting and caliberation including allowing the battery to completely drain to 1% before charging. I think i may need to purchase another battery since this one has already worn out badly. Anyways, i really appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
jaywize:

How do I refresh the system? What are the steps to follow?
Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.
Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
On the choose an option screen, click troubleshoot.
On the troubleshoot screen, choose advance options.
On the advance options screen, click system restore.
When the system restore windows open, click next and wait for windows to load all restore points on your laptop. Check all restore points and the apps that will be affected by the system restore. Then click on the restore point you have chosen and click next.
Then confirm that system restore should continue.
Finally, click finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

Note: System restore will not affect or delete any of your documents, videos, pictures or music. Only the apps you installed after the restore point/date will be uninstalled.
Make sure your laptop is plugged in when doing it .
Also do not interrupt the process when it starts.Be patient.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by adedam007(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
@ Sotall. pls can u give me the price of Acer aspire 5315 hard disk and keyboard replacement

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
adedam007:
@ Sotall. pls can u give me the price of Acer aspire 5315 hard disk and keyboard replacement
Hard drive is a general/universal part of laptops hence you can get any hard drive as far as it is SATA, it will work for your system. The only thing is that your budget will determine the size of the hard drive you will get.

As for keyboard , it should not cost more than 5k

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by adedam007(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
sotall:
Hard drive is a general/universal part of laptops hence you can get any hard drive as far as it is SATA, it will work for your system. The only thing is that your budget will determine the size of the hard drive you will get.

As for keyboard , it should not cost more than 5k
can u give me the price range for each size of hard
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2017
adedam007:
can u give me the price range for each size of hard

500gb == 13k, 320gb== 10k, 250gb==8k.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by jaywize(f): 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
sotall:

Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.
Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
On the choose an option screen, click troubleshoot.
On the troubleshoot screen, choose advance options.
On the advance options screen, click system restore.
When the system restore windows open, click next and wait for windows to load all restore points on your laptop. Check all restore points and the apps that will be affected by the system restore. Then click on the restore point you have chosen and click next.
Then confirm that system restore should continue.
Finally, click finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

Note: System restore will not affect or delete any of your documents, videos, pictures or music. Only the apps you installed after the restore point/date will be uninstalled.
Make sure your laptop is plugged in when doing it .
Also do not interrupt the process when it starts.Be patient.

It worked. Thanks a lot.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
jaywize:

It worked. Thanks a lot.
you welcome
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by chinwezdasilva: 4:34am On Aug 21, 2017
Pls nlanders my laptops can't access phones even wen it indicates it's plugged to the system and @ times when a charger is bn plugged to the system the screen is deemed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:47am On Aug 21, 2017
chinwezdasilva:
Pls nlanders my laptops can't access phones even wen it indicates it's plugged to the system and @ times when a charger is bn plugged to the system the screen is deemed
I will need you to explain more on your laptop issue especially the second issue.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by chinwezdasilva: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
sotall:
I will need you to explain more on your laptop issue especially the second issue.
At times when the charge is plug to the laptop the screen light will b deemed

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.