Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (162222 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by NettyNelly(m): 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
Fadajasi:
Hello guys, please I was using my Lenovo yoga 910 131kb and suddenly it went off, with the power still plugged in, tried powering it back on but it’s refused to come on, please what could be the cause? It was working perfectly fine
Remove the battery and the power adapter , hold down the power button for 30secs then try powering it on with the power adapter only to see what could happen.
If it comes up, then your battery is faulty.
If it didn't, then proper troubleshooting is needed from a technician.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samfilo31(m): 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
udemzyudex:

1. Uninstall the driver and use it like that.

2. Go to hp site, download the old or new driver from hp

3. Reflow the graphic chip

4. Replace the graphic chip

5. If this model can be converted, do a discrete to UMA graphic conversion (note you must be a chip level engr to do this accurately)
UD thanks for the response, concerning uninstalling and reinstalling have done all, i updated tro drivers pack 19, i updated individually tro device manager, i updated de monitor driver, i even run windows update to show available drivers and i update all display drivers including the NVIDIA drivers yet if i off the system for a whole night in the morning it will divide de screen into six and wen i keep de system on for 10mins sometimes i intentionally play songs for de system to hot den i will restart the system and it will display well tro out the day no matter how i off it

Ur second option talks about reflow of the graphic chips and replacing it,, i think i will try dat on Monday have called afix computer in uyo if de reflow graphics chips he said yes so i will try him

Incase you have another suggestion tro my explanation pls endeavor to contribute
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
Samfilo31:
UD thanks for the response, concerning uninstalling and reinstalling have done all, i updated tro drivers pack 19, i updated individually tro device manager, i updated de monitor driver, i even run windows update to show available drivers and i update all display drivers including the NVIDIA drivers yet if i off the system for a whole night in the morning it will divide de screen into six and wen i keep de system on for 10mins sometimes i intentionally play songs for de system to hot den i will restart the system and it will display well tro out the day no matter how i off it

Ur second option talks about reflow of the graphic chips and replacing it,, i think i will try dat on Monday have called afix computer in uyo if de reflow graphics chips he said yes so i will try him

Incase you have another suggestion tro my explanation pls endeavor to contribute

If you don't have bga rework station you can easily use your normal rework station to heat the graphic chip but make sure you don't heat it too much.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by funkyjms: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by princeloverguy(m): 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
please if I want to open virtual dj on my laptop is showing the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) please help me
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by princeloverguy(m): 11:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
please how much is new keyboard for my HP 650
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Mac0: 7:22am On Apr 19, 2020
Mac0:

It worked. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by tobex434: 1:25am On Apr 20, 2020
Hello guys so i was working on my laptop this morning when suddenly a single line started popping up on the screen it not that obvious the line is very thing and the period it show and disapear is 2 seconds pls wat can be wrong with my laptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by newmoney133: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2020
3 keys on my laptop are bringing out different key when I type.please what can I do to reset it.All the other keys are alright.my battery shows not charging but when disconnected from electricity,it will still be on for 3minutes before it goes off.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by CompuQaz: 9:52am On Apr 23, 2020
Open cmd on your PC and type:

sfc/scannow

Press Enter.
When done, restart your PC and reopen the virtual dj

I hope this helps?

princeloverguy:
please if I want to open virtual dj on my laptop is showing the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) please help me
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
newmoney133:
3 keys on my laptop are bringing out different key when I type.please what can I do to reset it.All the other keys are alright.my battery shows not charging but when disconnected from electricity,it will still be on for 3minutes before it goes off.

Your keyboard and battery needs replacement. Replace first and report back, sir.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
tobex434:
Hello guys so i was working on my laptop this morning when suddenly a single line started popping up on the screen it not that obvious the line is very thing and the period it show and disapear is 2 seconds pls wat can be wrong with my laptop

Two things are possible.

1. Your LCD screen is showing emotion grin probably as a post-impact result.

2. The program you're working on is buggy (that's if the line only shows in that particular prog and not in other windows)

In all, I'd say it's time to start taking extra caution concerning your laptop as the line might multiply if care isn't taken (given that 1. Is true).
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
princeloverguy:

Seriously, this window error especially on window 7 is very frustrating and common. Funny enough I can't seem to find one master solution for this.

From experience, this error is commonly due to:

1. Corrupt .dll from installation folder.
2. Malfunctioning RAM stick
3. Antivirus like avast deleting vital files from installation folder.
4. Some newer version of a particular program just have this problem out of the box probably due to compatibility ish.
5. Problem with .NetFramework

These are the causative agents I can remember for now.

Solution (Doesn't work all the time). Try them one after the other.

1. Reinstall .Net Framework 2.0, 3.0 and abovel

2. Go to cmd and run the sfc/scannow code to check system files

3. Reinstall older version of the same app (this works most times for no good reason)

4. Scan for malware

5. Temporarily disable your Antivirus (risky though)

Reinstalling same setup usually end up with same error.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Hallenjay: 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
photon3106:

Two things are possible.

1. Your LCD screen is showing emotion grin probably as a post-impact result.

2. The program you're working on is buggy (that's if the line only shows in that particular prog and not in other windows)

In all, I'd say it's time to start taking extra caution concerning your laptop as the line might multiply if care isn't taken (given that 1. Is true).
my laptop (hp) already have multiple lines and like d screen are bad but d screentouch is still working but some parts has massive ink, now I'm experiencing failure in keyboard sometimes, I have to restart and quickly put my code, once it stay some minutes d keyboard will not respond appropriately.
Except for d caps keyboard almost d rest malfunction and if I go ahead to make use of the screen keyboard the same thing persisit.
The screen keyboard work perfectly only when the main keyboard is working well.
I planned to change the screen but seems the problem is not connected to d faulty screen cos it's over 3 months after d screen damage bf I notice ds.
I've tried to restore d system to old time but ds tin is still happening.
I'm planning to change d window to window 10 cos I use window 8.1
I don't know if someone with experience understand this problem and profer me a solution and to get a clue of d price for a 15.1 inches hp touchscreen
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 8:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hallenjay:
my laptop (hp) already have multiple lines and like d screen are bad but d screentouch is still working but some parts has massive ink, now I'm experiencing failure in keyboard sometimes, I have to restart and quickly put my code, once it stay some minutes d keyboard will not respond appropriately.
Except for d caps keyboard almost d rest malfunction and if I go ahead to make use of the screen keyboard the same thing persisit.
The screen keyboard work perfectly only when the main keyboard is working well.
I planned to change the screen but seems the problem is not connected to d faulty screen cos it's over 3 months after d screen damage bf I notice ds.
I've tried to restore d system to old time but ds tin is still happening.
I'm planning to change d window to window 10 cos I use window 8.1
I don't know if someone with experience understand this problem and profer me a solution and to get a clue of d price for a 15.1 inches hp touchscreen

Well, you've described two separate problems.

1. The screen needs replacement. Cost depends on model, who is replacing it and where it's done. A bad display does not neccessarily imply a bad touchpad (digitizer) but I'm afraid that you might end up replacing the whole module (lcd plus touchpad).

2. Reload window 8.1 or load window 10 as planned to see whether the malfunctioning hard keyboard is solved. If not, take it to a technician who will have it replaced.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by olasegun90(m): 5:37am On Apr 25, 2020
Hi, weldone.
I notice that my laptop screen is not displaying and the cooling fan will be rotating with with high speed. I try to connect it with another monitor to detect if it's screen problem, but still not display, I used different VGA cable, yet still the same thing. I try to reload it maybe it's software issues, yet, it's doesn't display.
kindly help me out.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by UzomaFC: 6:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Please I have a dell Inspiron 5755 and I have bought 4 batteries and none works well with the system,
please can any one help me with the original battery of the system.

I base in Enugu.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by folarr(m): 11:31am On Apr 25, 2020
Hello,
Last week, in my area we experienced high voltage, I turned off my laptop and disconnected my laptop charger from the socket, when the voltage stabilized again, I tried to charge my laptop, after sometime the charger would get really hot and stop charging, after this I would then remove the ac cord from the power box and put it back after this the laptop starts charging again

And also,
As I came back from school because if the coronavirus, I found out that their was dust on my laptop shortly after this some of the keys on my keyboard stopped working, can it be that there is dust in the keyboard? And can I fix it without buying a new keyboard?
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
olasegun90:
Hi, weldone.
I notice that my laptop screen is not displaying and the cooling fan will be rotating with with high speed. I try to connect it with another monitor to detect if it's screen problem, but still not display, I used different VGA cable, yet still the same thing. I try to reload it maybe it's software issues, yet, it's doesn't display.
kindly help me out.

Hello, welcome

Although you've not provided any info suitable for troubleshooting. Observations like what and what indicators light up, how many times does the CapLock indicator flash or not, does the dvd rom blink if present on power-on, and so on should be reported.

My guess is you've got a motherboard issue. You'd need a technician to verify that.

You can also try taking out the RAM stick if accessible and reinserting.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2020
folarr:
Hello,
Last week, in my area we experienced high voltage, I turned off my laptop and disconnected my laptop charger from the socket, when the voltage stabilized again, I tried to charge my laptop, after sometime the charger would get really hot and stop charging, after this I would then remove the ac cord from the power box and put it back after this the laptop starts charging again

And also,
As I came back from school because if the coronavirus, I found out that their was dust on my laptop shortly after this some of the keys on my keyboard stopped working, can it be that there is dust in the keyboard? And can I fix it without buying a new keyboard?
Thanks.

Try blowing the keyboard with air pump (blower) or lady's hair gun blower at low temp. As for your adaptor heating up, is your battery okay?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by folarr(m): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
photon3106:

Try blowing the keyboard with air pump (blower) or lady's hair gun blower at low temp. As for your adaptor heating up, is your battery okay?

Yes, my battery is ok
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
folarr:

Yes, my battery is ok

Well, should the heating up persist on your adaptor, try another adaptor to see whether that one over heats too. Bad batteries are known to cause this over heating problem. Rarely do you find your laptop responsible. If it were your laptop, worst case scenario is that charging will stop permanently until you fix the board or the laptop continue to heat up and shut down incessantly.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by folarr(m): 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
photon3106:

Well, should the heating up persist on your adaptor, try another adaptor to see whether that one over heats too. Bad batteries are known to cause this over heating problem. Rarely do you find your laptop responsible. If it were your laptop, worst case scenario is that charging will stop permanently until you fix the board or the laptop continue to heat up and shut down incessantly.

Well Sir,
One thing I've noticed is that when the battery is full the charger stops overheating
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by photon3106: 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
folarr:

Well Sir,
One thing I've noticed is that when the battery is full the charger stops overheating

At full charge, battery stops charging. Charger only powers the laptop while the battery's charge 'floats'. Loaf reduced on charger. Hence no over heating.

What do you think about the battery then? Perhaps, what you term over heating is just the usual warm temp of a working adaptor. Still try another adaptor to know what's up.

I'm suspecting the battery if it is indeed over heating while charging. My suspicion might be wrong though.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Bankalert(m): 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
I just got this pc, fairly used Hp probook 430 G3 at GSM village in Abuja today. The guy gave me a warranty period of 7 days sha. On getting home, so far all worked well except the battery charging port. The laptop charges abnormally very fast i.e from 0 to 99% in about 30 mins, then it stops there saying "2 minutes to fully charged", but that 2 minutes extends to hours... I am yet to see the 100% fully charged. I havent told the seller yet.

I have been trying to find a way out of it. I have reset the battery driver, trobleshooted it, and it is still the same. I am thinking the battery is just bad and a replacement will solve the problem. Could there be more to this problem i am yet to realised? Should i return the system? I actually do like the laptop. The laptop was bought for programming.The guy is credible in my opinion having observed the way he handled the transaction and the level of confidence he exuded about his products.

Someone who has gone through this situation should please proffer a solution for me or his or her opinion about it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
olasegun90:
Hi, weldone.
kindly help me out.

Me region is corrupt, one of the symptoms.

See a good engineer to clear ME region
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2020
UzomaFC:
Please I have a dell Inspiron 5755 and I have bought 4 batteries and none works well with the system,
please can any one help me with the original battery of the system.

I base in Enugu.

Thanks

Work well in what way? Pls try and explain better.

Is it not charging or it doesn't last well.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
folarr:
Hello,

And also,
Thanks.

Are you using the follow come charger? Because most of all this new charge do behave this way, they get very hot and can even blow up when using it.
However, I'll advise you not to charge your laptop in such condition.

Concerning the keyboard, you can remove it and dust it if you can, remove all the keys, dust it properly and fix them back, you might be lucky, if not you'll have to replace the keyboard.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 10:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
folarr:

Well Sir,

When the battery is full charging is cut off, the laptop work only in adapter mode only.

If your charger is original one, then your battery might be the culprit.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by folarr(m): 11:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
udemzyudex:

Are you using the follow come charger? Because most of all this new charge do behave this way, they get very hot and can even blow up when using it.
However, I'll advise you not to charge your laptop in such condition.

Concerning the keyboard, you can remove it and dust it if you can, remove all the keys, dust it properly and fix them back, you might be lucky, if not you'll have to replace the keyboard.

The laptop is brand new, I have the box sir
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 12:00am On Apr 26, 2020
folarr:

The laptop is brand new, I have the box sir

OK then, like I said earlier it can be from your battery but always try to charge with good light.

Again, it can also be a software issue, if you reinstall the operating everything might work normal.

When it comes to laptop even things you underrated might be the culprit.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Donvic4u(m): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
How do I solve blue screen of death. irql_not_less_or_equal error?

System can't boot in safe mode or start up

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.