Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Is Masturbation A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Masturbation A Sin? (410 Views)

Is Masturbation A Sin / Is Masturbation A Sin?. / Is Masturbation A Sin ? (prove It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Masturbation A Sin? by bummyla(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
Is Masturbation A Sin?
Somebody just asked me, is masturbation a sin? There is no mention of it in the Holy Bible?
My Reply.
Is smoking a sin? Doing Drugs or Shooting up drugs is it a sin? Were they ever mentioned anywhere in the Holy Bible.

Anything that destroys your body which is the temple of the Holy Spirit is a sin.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Masturbation is a sin, because you cannot masturbate without calling up naked and sexual image or images in your head for the sexual release, climax and enjoyment.

Matthew 5:28
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Uncleanness and fornication go hand in hand.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:3
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Colossians 3:5
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

At the end of masturbation does it not always come with guilty feelings of impurity and inadequacy?
Finally
1 Corinthians 7:8-9
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

https://bummyla.com/2016/08/28/is-masturbation-a-sin/
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by Nasa28(m): 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
OP u have answered the question na.wetin u wan mek we talk again.

You're correct though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by bummyla(m): 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
Thanks A Lot!

Nasa28:
OP u have answered the question na.wetin u wan mek we talk again.

You're correct though

(1) (Reply)

The Word Of God Gives True Power Over Sin. / The Good Side Of Wealth / Shia Islam Followers Protest In Kaduna, For The Release Of Their Leader (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.