Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,148 members, 7,863,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

The Word Of God Gives True Power Over Sin. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word Of God Gives True Power Over Sin. (412 Views)

The Word Of God Is Powerful! / The True Power Of God - The Power Of Love / Rccg Sunday School Manual Lesson 11: “victory Over Sin” – November 13th , 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Word Of God Gives True Power Over Sin. by Dpearlz: 12:00am On Sep 01, 2016
The secrete to living above sin is The Word of God. We all know that Jesus is the Word of God that was made flesh and he asked his followers in John 15 to abide in him because without him, we can do nothing. This can be explained using the illustration of a 100m runner in a track and field event. He aught to stay within the boundaries of his lane or else he will be disqualified. This is why God's word is compared to a mirror which every true child of God looks at to examine or compare himself. This acts of self examination using God's word coupled with the work of the Holy Spirit who brings God's kind of understanding (Rhema) to the scriptures makes Us Fruitful Christians.

Also in verse 3 of that portion Jesus said we are made clean through the Word of God. The Word has the power of life. That's why Jesus's first response to the devil when He was tempted is really important. Our Christian lives is not dependent on natural food but on the sustenance From the word of God. The psalms said it is God's word that he has hidden in his heart that has prevented him from sinning against God. Thus the more you study the word and receive Rhema from the Spirit of God, the more grace Jesus gives you to live above sin and be saved in the end.

Look at the nicodemous story in John 3, Jesus said except you be born again you will not SEE the kingdom of God and except you are born of water (the word) and the Spirit you will not ENTER the kingdom of God. This shows that after we become Born again, God expects us to grow in grace and abide by his word because it is the person that runs this endurance race to the end that will be saved. Thus salvation at the end can only be achieved through the combined effort of the Word of God and the Spirit of God.

It is from God's word that I found out that God made me in his image and likeness. And God is a Holy God in whom no iniquity can be found in. Thus I know I have the capacity to live a holy life and anything that says it is impossible is a layer and is off the devil. Every form of addiction is subject to the power of the Word of God.

I encourage all of us to read, study, listen to, meditate on Gods word as often as we can because the power above sin is between those bible pages.

1 Like

Re: The Word Of God Gives True Power Over Sin. by Praisegodalways: 1:04am On Sep 01, 2016
Check out @astageforpraise on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for the latest Christian material!!

(1) (Reply)

The Good Side Of Wealth / D / 101 Positive Words A Christian Should Say To Him/herself Every Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.