Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? (5061 Views)

Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by kobosmalls: 12:16am On Aug 29, 2016
Genesis 1:3-5
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

*Which light was the bible referring to here since the sun and moon have not yet been created?

Genesis 1:15-19
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

*If I'm right, the greater light is the sun while the moon is the lesser light( even though the moon is no light but reflects the light from the sun),
1. What kind of light existed on earth that gave rise to day and night(first day) if not the sun rise and sun set considering that the sun was not yet in existence?

2.i is this not a clear indication that the author of genesis had a poor concept of light, day and the sun in particular since he thinks that light and time of day can exist on earth without the sun?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by Dahkogrin007(m): 12:28am On Aug 29, 2016
U cn ask baba God in heaven

3 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by menxer: 1:13am On Aug 29, 2016
The problem is not with God but those who copied and edited that story from the original material to create the Bible.

It is possible the editors were working with two source materials with slightly different creation days for light and in their bid to syncronize the two materials left that gap.

There sure is a mistake, light cannot be created twice on different days.

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by ibroxy(m): 4:13am On Aug 29, 2016
very nice question

2 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by efismikoko(m): 4:56am On Aug 29, 2016
Continue readig the bible you will ask questions

3 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by EFULEFU1(m): 6:52am On Aug 29, 2016
God is light

2 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by malvisguy212: 8:49am On Aug 29, 2016
kobosmalls:

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

*Which light was the bible referring to here since the sun and moon have not yet been created?

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

*If I'm right, the greater light is the sun while the moon is the lesser light( even though the moon is no light but reflects the light from the sun),
1. What kind of light existed on earth that gave rise to day and night(first day) if not the sun rise and sun set considering that the sun was not yet in existence?

2.i is this not a clear indication that the author of genesis had a poor concept of light, day and the sun in particular since he thinks that light and time of day can exist on earth without the sun?
Just because there isn't a sun, dosent mean time wouldn't pass on planet Earth, Moreover God is omnipotent He wouldn't need the sun to tell time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2016
kobosmalls:

Read this :

https://www.nairaland.com/2305535/dealing-misconceptions-10-things-bible

New earth creationists can also defend that , but its quite different for we old/progressive creationists .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 29, 2016
those are myths.
move on

2 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by kobosmalls: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
malvisguy212:
Just because there isn't a sun, dosent mean time wouldn't pass on planet Earth, Moreover God is omnipotent He wouldn't need the sun to tell time.
The problem is not just about telling time alone, there's an expression denoting "day and night" even before creation of the sun and moon.
Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by Aaronsrod: 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Do not question, my freind. Never question. Just trust and obey. All will be revealed.

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by agwom(m): 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2016
Poverty can not stop you from singing praises to the lord your God..

watch this video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ude9DaBbEw
Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by kobosmalls: 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
menxer:
The problem is not with God but those who copied and edited that story from the original material to create the Bible.

It is possible the editors were working with two source materials with slightly different creation days for light and in their bid to syncronize the two materials left that gap.

If there is indeed a copyist error then the integrity of the information contained therein can be rightfully dismissed as false or at least compromised.

3 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by kobosmalls: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
Aaronsrod:
Do not question, my freind. Never question. Just trust and obey. All will be revealed.
Its only a fool that does not question any information that has proven to present enough doubt within itself.
You are in other words asking me to agree without understanding what I am agreeing to.
That's just crazy and I don't do crazy.

2 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by kobosmalls: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=agwom post=48902297]Poverty can not stop you from singing praises to the lord your God..

watch this video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ude9DaBbEw[/quote
WTF is wrong with you?

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by ifenes(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
menxer:

Seriously dude! You are defending a fabricated god?

3 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by menxer: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
ifenes:

Seriously dude! You are defending a fabricated god?
Hahaha hahaha

Read my lips: I don't defend any God, if God is God he needs no defense from any one.
Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by ifenes(m): 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
menxer:

Hahaha hahaha

Read my lips: I don't defend any God, if God is God he needs no defense from any one.

Which god is yours? The Israeli one,Egyptian or the African gods ?

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by Emusan(m): 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
ifenes:

Which one is yours too?
Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by ifenes(m): 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Emusan:

Which one is yours too?

Evading the question as usual. You know you are a slave is your god if the god of another race. My God is me.

5 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 30, 2016
kobosmalls:

May I ask why you want to know?
Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by menxer: 2:03am On Aug 30, 2016
ifenes:

My God can defend himself
No one can add or subtract from him
He bears me no grudges
He gave me freewill to explore his creations and if I miss my steps in the process, he takes no offense, for he is me.
He is Love and in him is no shadow of change.

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by ifenes(m): 10:19am On Aug 30, 2016
menxer:

He bears me no grudges
He gave me freewill to explore his creations and if I miss my steps in the process, he takes no offense, for he is me.

Okay. I am a God, you can worship

2 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2016
kobosmalls:

So Supernaturals Experience through the Bible was also planned?
And Dont Tell me Miracles Dont Exists
Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by kobosmalls: 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
93Music:

May I ask why you want to know?
I want to know because I have a working brain.
Why wouldn't anyone want to know?
Your question sounds very pretentious.

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by kobosmalls: 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
menxer:

He bears me no grudges
You keep referring to "my god" as If you it.
You keep referring To ur god as a "he" like its a male with a pen1s.
You are so not using your brain.
I hope you will learn to use that brain of urs but unfortunately, wishes don't work.
Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by ikorodureporta: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
I know it...let me think....

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by menxer: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
kobosmalls:

You keep referring to "my god" as If you it.
You keep referring To ur god as a "he" like its a male with a pen1s.
You are so not using your brain.
I hope you will learn to use that brain of urs but unfortunately, wishes don't work.

And what has addressing my God as he got to do with you? Would you tamp down if I use "it"?

And yes, my God has a" penls", with which he sired the universe.

And for your info, there is the "she" also. grin

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by ifenes(m): 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
menxer:

And what has addressing my God as he got to do with you? Would you tamp down if I use "it"?

And yes, my God has a" penls", with which he sired the universe.

And for your info, there is the "she" also. grin

Is your god the Israeli god,Indian one or the Chinese one?

I want to know the race you are mentally enslaved to?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by menxer: 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
ifenes:

Is your god the Israeli god,Indian one or the Chinese one?

I want to know the race you are mentally enslaved to?

Are those the only gods you know?

My comments aren't in Yiddish, emancipate your mind that you might see. grin

1 Like

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by dania02(m): 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
kobosmalls:

imagine there was total eclipse during the day and d weda seems total dark or parcial wil u call frm 7am til 6pm 9t because there is no sun light?
Second God is God
thirdly if u read the Bible vry well after He light and He separed it from darkness and name the light day and night darkness
if u go down to verse 14-18 of that chapter u wil understand that God said let there be lights (not light but lights) in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth and it was so one to rule over the day (sun) and the other the night (moon) and the stars read verse 17 well it says God set them (sun, moon, stars) in the firmament of the heaven (sum bible wil say sky) to give light upon the earth
that means when God created the light it did not shine on the earth so b4 God created the animals in the water and those on the land He had to make the light shine on earth for d animals to use
so in other words but the sun and the moon nd the stars get their lights frm The Light God created. Hope that helped

3 Likes

Re: If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass? by TrajansKong: 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
agwom:
Poverty can not stop you from singing praises to the lord your God..

watch this video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ude9DaBbEw

True. But poverty can make you look REAL UGLY!!!! shocked grin shocked grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This / Jesus Vs Mohammed / Biblically Fact About Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.