Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL (1147 Views)

Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre / All New Infiniti QX80 SUV Revealed Ahead Of New York Auto Show. / Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL by Itulah(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
I will make this very brief.....

The schematic diagram illustrate this simple procedure and if you understand it, you may not need to read through.

Items required: Flat screw driver, 10/11 wrench/spanner, a cutter, a shot piece of wire and insulating tap.
Since the ignition is in OFF position, there will be no need removing the battery head.

Keyword: Tapping the Positive (+)[/font] supply to FOG Relay Pin 1 from RR DEF Pin 1 Positive (+)

Before we begin, please note the following:
a) I will not be lecturing about how you gonna find the relay box under the hood or popping it open and so on, that is elementary.
b) You are not buying additional relay(s) for this simple modification as the OEM relay will work it perfectly.
c) The default FOG Light will also control the switching ON and OFF after this MOD, so you can put it OFF at will.
d) All lighting and switching operations are intact. ( Refer to attached pictures)

e) Ignore the rest, our focus is the positive+ power source to the relay only.

Now lets begin, shall we!!

Procedures

1) Open the Relay box cover, unplug both the FR FOG Relay and RR DEF Relay from it socket.

2) Identify FOG relay power input usually PIN 1 and 2, (See schematic and pic 3)
Pin 1 contact point is Positive (+), while Pin 2 contact point Negative (-) Ground. ( I used a Multi tester to confirm this and I discovered that Pin 2 is Ground (Negative (-).

*Use 10/11 Wrench/spanner to disengage the box from the chassis so you can have access to wiring underneath.

3) Under the Relay box, find FR FOG Relay wiring, identify the wire connecting pin 1 and 2. (These are the + and - supply to FOG Relay)

*You may have to open the bunch insulator a little to review the wiring.

4) Ignore Contact 2 pin 2 wire and CUT Pin 1 wire with some allowances, attached a small piece of wire to the Pin 1 wiring

5) Locate the RR DEF Relay Pin 1 wiring (see pic 3) this is the Positive (+) terminal to the Rear Window Defroster and it has power when the ignition is ON.

6) Slice it and attache the small piece of wiring from PIN 1 FOG to it.

7) Replace the relays to their default position and you are done.

Re: How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL by Itulah(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
Results...

1st Image: Day Light status.

2nd Image: Night, FOG Only.

3rd Image: Low Beam

4th Image: High Beam

Re: How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL by king406(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
I loved this car.. so comfortable

1 Like

Re: How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL by diportivo: 11:44am On Sep 14, 2016
Itulah:
Results...

1st Image: Day Light status.

2nd Image: Night, FOG Only.

3rd Image: Low Beam

4th Image: High Beam

Bros

I wanna do this for my xterra... But there's no RR FOG relay in the box

I read online that the A/C relax can be used....

What dyu think??

I expect it to be d same procedure
Re: How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL by Itulah(m): 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
diportivo:

Bros

I wanna do this for my xterra... But there's no RR FOG relay in the box

I read online that the A/C relax can be used....

What dyu think??

I expect it to be d same procedure

You mean RR Def (i.e Rear Defroster) Not RR FOG
Yes, the Air/Con relay can also be use. In most cases, Pin 1 is always positive+ battery supply. The ideal of this modification is to tap positive(+) power source from any of the relay that received power when the Ignition is ON. You can tap from any relay so long the condition is met.
Good luck.
Re: How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL by Zainey338: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 15, 2016
How do I do this for C200 1997?

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Most Amazing Overtake In 2016 -see Video / Clean Tokunbo Chrysler Pacifica For Sale / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By A Nigerian Guy Ahmadu Ibrahim(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.