Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here (12163 Views)

Seeking A Nigerian Used 1999 To 2003 Audi A6 Sedan For My Cousin / How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL / Infiniti G35 2003-2006 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
I can`t tell if someone already created similar thread on NL. However, I would love all owners and prospective owners of Infiniti QX4 2001 to 2003 only to come inn here so we can discuss our experiences, problems and possible solutions.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by diportivo: 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2016
Kingreign use dis car sotey

After he sell am he still dey see am for dream tongue

3 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2016
diportivo:
Kingreign use dis car sotey

After he sell am he still dey see am for dream tongue
I miss that truck, I still see it with its current owner. embarassed
But mehn, that truck na whale for fuel consumption. Now wey fuel don turn to commodity wey u need to contact your godfather/mother before you get, I pity them owners lipsrsealed
But the people wey make Infiniti discontinue that truck design na Mugu people o undecided them come go dey do egg motor (FX series) and 5 bedroom duplex (QX56/86)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by diportivo: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
kingreign:

I miss that truck, I still see it with its current owner. embarassed
But mehn, that truck na whale for fuel consumption. Now wey fuel don turn to commodity wey u need to contact your godfather/mother before you get, I pity them owners lipsrsealed
But the people wey make Infiniti discontinue that truck design na Mugu people o undecided them come go dey do egg motor (FX series) and 5 bedroom duplex (QX56/86)

U forgot to add that the QX56/86 has bq

grin grin
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
diportivo:

U forgot to add that the QX56/86 has bq

grin grin
As for the bq, who e don epp? tongue tongue
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by king406(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
That was my second car.. Very smooth ride and comfortable, never had a single problem with it in my two years of ownership. But the thing dey gulp fuel eh, full tank which costs almost 8k won't make 400km o lipsrsealed
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by NwaTeacher1: 11:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
The 2000 model of it with 3.3L engine gulp fuel more than this 2001-2003 model. Walai! the truck is better for fuel station owners to have but not people like me. But performance rating, i give it 93*/. Very dependable truck
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by emy77: 11:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
I presently use this car...2001 model. I must say it's a very dependable, reliable and comfortable car. It's very rugged. Had a bad transmission, managed it without changing it for 2 years of everyday use before I finally changed it. Even traveled long distance severally with it in that state.

As per the fuel economy, mine was a bad guzzler until I changed all my spark plugs. Now its born anew. I actually enjoy it's fuel economy now. Can use a half tank for about 7days with ac. Very good ac by the way. In fact, it's presently more fuel efficient than my 2000 accord v6, don't understand why.

The parts are crazy cheap...back shocks,6k, front, 10k a pair. I highly recommend this car.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 5:28am On Apr 30, 2016
I got a 2002 model recently with 142k miles on it. I drove that truck from Lagos to Benin with 34 liters of gasoline + AC; the following morning, I zoomed off to Kaduna on full gas tank and AC all the way. I never stop for a refill till I got to Kaduna. Infiniti is an impressive SUV with so much horse power to play with. I have been using this truck as my everyday car while my Honda Accord is on vacation in my own compound. Believe me, I am yet to see while people complain about tasty and bad gas mileage of this SUV. I have told my wife already that my next vehicle will be Infiniti QX56 V8.

4 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Luckki1001(m): 3:23pm On May 03, 2016
emy77:
I presently use this car...2001 model. I must say it's a very dependable, reliable and comfortable car. It's very rugged. Had a bad transmission, managed it without changing it for 2 years of everyday use before I finally changed it. Even traveled long distance severally with it in that state.

As per the fuel economy, mine was a bad guzzler until I changed all my spark plugs. Now its born anew. I actually enjoy it's fuel economy now. Can use a half tank for about 7days with ac. Very good ac by the way. In fact, it's presently more fuel efficient than my 2000 accord v6, don't understand why.

The parts are crazy cheap...back shocks,6k, front, 10k a pair. I highly recommend this car.

Mine is the 2002 version. Presently a fuel guzzler, but compared to my former vehicle [2003 Honda CRV], this one's a beast. I love it to death. Will look to implement Emy77's solution of changing all the plugs to see if the fuel economy will improve somewhat. Hey Emy, pls, where did you say the parts are cheap? I'm looking to change one of the engines of my front lamp, buy a new condenser for my AC and also install my foglights as I bought this one without any. Will also look to work on the sun-roof too, but other than the aforementioned issues, I seriously love this ride.

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by princejones(m): 12:20pm On May 04, 2016
You guys are making me to think twice on my next ride though l had this suv in mind once

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 9:40pm On May 04, 2016
princejones:
You guys are making me to think twice on my next ride though l had this suv in mind once

Get the ride and you won't regret your decision. This particular SUV drives like a car and very flexible.

3 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Nobody: 4:16am On May 05, 2016
This is one of the rigs that I'm looking to ship home soon.
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 5:19am On May 05, 2016
Itulah:

Get the ride and you won't regret your decision. This particular SUV drives like a car and very flexible.
It drives like a big car, but its not too flexible. Interior space is cramped. Front chairs are not the most comfortable especially for tall people. The rear seats are cramped 3 adults will have a bit of tough time sitting in there for a long journey, cargo space is way smaller than imagined. The real joy of that truck is how well composed it is on the road and how it tackles dirt tracks (if its the ATTESA-ETS equipped 4 WD models you purchased).
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 6:04am On May 05, 2016
kingreign:

It drives like a big car, but its not too flexible. Interior space is cramped. Front chairs are not the most comfortable especially for tall people. The rear seats are cramped 3 adults will have a bit of tough time sitting in there for a long journey, cargo space is way smaller than imagined. The real joy of that truck is how well composed it is on the road and how it tackles dirt tracks (if its the ATTESA-ETS equipped 4 WD models you purchased).

Well, that is called 'Trade-off'. You can not eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by princejones(m): 6:14am On May 05, 2016
Itulah:

Noted

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Luckki1001(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2016
Itulah:

Like Timaya will say, "I concur" cool
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Luckki1001(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2016
Luckki1001:

Mine is the 2002 version. Presently a fuel guzzler, but compared to my former vehicle [2003 Honda CRV], this one's a beast. I love it to death. Will look to implement Emy77's solution of changing all the plugs to see if the fuel economy will improve somewhat. Hey Emy, pls, where did you say the parts are cheap? I'm looking to change one of the engines of my front lamp, buy a new condenser for my AC and also install my foglights as I bought this one without any. Will also look to work on the sun-roof too, but other than the aforementioned issues, I seriously love this ride.

Good morning, Fam. So I have changed my spark plugs, air filter and also serviced my injector nuzzles. The CES light which has been blinking non-stop since purchase has vanished without trace. I will be keeping an eye on my fuel usage to see if there are any improvements in MPG.

I will also implement this engine flush as done in this youtube video. I saw the video somewhere in Nairaland [can't remember the thread nor the Nairalander who put it up] and will do this ASAP. Will update the house when done. Let's keep this thread alive, guys. Enjoy your week. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK33EHlk_M0

3 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by chukel(m): 3:03pm On May 09, 2016
Luckki1001:

Good morning, Fam. So I have changed my spark plugs, air filter and also serviced my injector nuzzles. The CES light which has been blinking non-stop since purchase has vanished without trace. I will be keeping an eye on my fuel usage to see if there are any improvements in MPG.

I will also implement this engine flush as done in this youtube video. I saw the video somewhere in Nairaland [can't remember the thread nor the Nairalander who put it up] and will do this ASAP. Will update the house when done. Let's keep this thread alive, guys. Enjoy your week. cool

Please don't try this.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 10:33am On May 10, 2016
chukel:
Please don't try this.

let him try it and tell us how his VQ35DE fared for afterall, it was on wards best engine's list for 12 consecutive years.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by promexy: 9:31am On May 17, 2016
Please house, what brand of Engine Oil do you use for the Engine - (Qx4 2001)
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by promexy: 9:33am On May 17, 2016
Luckki1001:

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Luckki1001(m): 11:38am On May 17, 2016
promexy:

Total Quartz 9000 graded SAE 5w40 is what I use although I intend to try Autologic's Full synthetic 5w30 Lubex 7 litres. You can contact him @ 08061166316 and he can deliver to your doorstep.

Infiniti - Objects in the mirror are losing cool
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 12:12pm On May 18, 2016
promexy:

Nissan Recommend 3.7 liters oil volume SEA 5W-30 with new oil filter or 3.4 liters without new oil filter.
Find below, Nissan recommendations for Infiniti servicing....

I took this out from my vehicle `owners service manual` it will be very helpful to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by promexy: 10:21pm On May 18, 2016
Thanks Bro for the info.
I just got the Qx4 2001 model.
I need your guidance.
Brand of Engine Oil
Brand of Automatic Transmission oil
Brand of Brake fluid
Brand of engine coolant
....And any other useful tip.

P.S - I used 62Litres from Ibadan to Benin (compared to the 34 Litres u used from Lagos to Benin).

Regards
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 10:29pm On May 18, 2016
promexy:
Thanks Bro for the info.
I need your guidance.
Brand of Engine Oil
Brand of Brake fluid
Brand of engine coolant

P.S - I used 62Litres from Ibadan to Benin (compared to the 34 Litres u used from Lagos to Benin).

Regards

congrats on your purchase.
Use any well known SAE 5W30 Full synthetic engine oil,
for transmission, use only nissan matic j atf fluid, and use any genuine recognized
dot3 heavy duty brake fluids,

that truck sabi speed, e balance but as e dey sweet na your pocket dey hear am.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 5:45am On May 19, 2016
promexy:
Thanks Bro for the info.
I need your guidance.
Brand of Engine Oil
Brand of Brake fluid
Brand of engine coolant

Regards

Everything you need is in this pic below.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3728537_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Luckki1001(m): 1:49pm On May 19, 2016
promexy:
Thanks Bro for the info.
I need your guidance.
Brand of Engine Oil
Brand of Brake fluid
Brand of engine coolant
Regards

Change your spark plugs, your air filter and service your fuel injector nozzles [hope I got that right]. Mine was a fuel guzzler before, but as soon as I carried out the aforementioned, the fuel economy improved drastically. For engine oil, I use Total Quartz 9000, which is a 5w40 oil and Total coolant [the one sold for N350 for 1 ltr. Color of fluid: green]. I have not carried out any changes on the brake fluid and automatic transmission, so can't really give you a brand, but you can discuss with NISSPARTS, he will guide you right.

Infiniti - Objects in the mirror are losing cool grin

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 2:52pm On May 19, 2016
Luckki1001:

Change your spark plugs, your air filter and service your fuel injector nozzles [hope I got that right]. Mine was a fuel guzzler before, but as soon as I carried out the aforementioned, the fuel economy improved drastically. For engine oil, I use Total Quartz 9000, which is a 5w40 oil and Total coolant [the one sold for N350 for 1 ltr. Color of fluid: green]. I have not carried out any changes on the brake fluid and automatic transmission, so can't really give you a brand, but you can discuss with NISSPARTS, he will guide you right.

Infiniti - Objects in the mirror are losing cool grin

I don't advice anyone to buy that concoction. Yea you may say its an almighty TOTAL product, but I say its colourised water. A good coolant is suppose to have a sort of 'slippery feel' when you touch it and rub against your fingers. TOTAL coolant lacks that. The reason why OEM and high performance Aftermarket Coolants have that slippery feel is to act as lubricant to the water pump.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by nissparts(m): 10:28am On May 20, 2016
Luckki1001:

Dont try it. Just stop where you are.
By the way, if you drove it for a long time with the blinking CEL you may have catalytic converter codes coming up soon.
Basic maintenance like what you did is often overlooked and you have the owners complaining about fuel economy and other issues.
Although, it is a fact that Nissan 3.5 engines are not known for fuel economy on a comparative level
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by promexy: 1:34pm On May 23, 2016
nissparts:

Dont try it. Just stop where you are.
By the way, if you drove it for a long time with the blinking CEL you may have catalytic converter codes coming up soon.
Basic maintenance like what you did is often overlooked and you have the owners complaining about fuel economy and other issues.
Although, it is a fact that Nissan 3.5 engines are not known for fuel economy on a comparative level

Oga Nissparts,
I need engine oil for Qx4 2001.
Mileage - 192K
Howw much will it cost.
Previous owner said He used AZ oil
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by nissparts(m): 2:53pm On May 23, 2016
promexy:

Oga Nissparts,
I need engine oil for Qx4 2001.
Mileage - 192K
Howw much will it cost.
Previous owner said He used AZ oil

Wow, AZ Oil??!!
Anyway, at that mileage I would not recommend you going the recommended oil grade.
Instead, change to Mobil XHP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asian Cars Versus European Cars / How To Register A Car In Nigeria / How To File A Complaint Against An FRSC Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.