Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

The Robot Vs The Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Robot Vs The Atheist. (1699 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 8:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
An atheist constructs a robot that can think logically. The atheist then chooses to have a philosophical conversation with the robot;

Mr Stein; I suppose robots are atheists since they are logical beings.

Robot; Well, you created me, and so, it is possible a creator created you.

Mr Stein; That is faulty because I am not like you. I am biological and you are not. You can be built again, while I cannot, for I was born organically and will live only once.

Robot; You cannot prove that you cannot be built. We are both made of of chemicals and atoms are we not? Just as you can create me from steel, there could be a greater creator that can create from flesh.

Mr Stein; But there is no evidence for such a creator that can create human beings.

Robot; But what if you created me and left me alone before I became conscious? What if you dumped me on an empty planet before I became conscious? I would be arguing that I have no creator, just like you are doing.

Mr. Stein; Interesting. But when you study yourself, you would find that you are not organic. That you have been created.....

Robot; What if I told you that I feel organic? That I feel natural? After all, steel is from the earth, is it not? what if one day, man can learn to merge steel and flesh? After all, there is a movie call transformers that shows that man has already dreamt this dream

Mr Stein; Dreams, eh? But isn't that what God is? Dreams and fantasy. Things that one can never prove.......

To be continued...................

cc kingebukasblog, kingebukanaija, hahn, johnydon22, reyginus, tufanja, an0nimus, weah96, darkenedrebel, dblackninja,

2 Likes

Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Logicbwoy:
An atheist constructs a robot that can think logically. The atheist then chooses to have a philosophical conversation with the robot;

Mr Stein; That is faulty because I am not like you. I am biological and you are not. You can be built again, while I cannot, for I was born organically and will live only once.

Robot; You cannot prove that you cannot be built. We are both made of of chemicals and atoms are we not? Just as you can create me from steel, there could be a greater creator that can create from flesh.

Mr Stein; But there is no evidence for such a creator that can create human beings.

Robot; But what if you created me and left me alone before I became conscious? What if you dumped me on an empty planet before I became conscious? I would be arguing that I have no creator, just like you are doing.

Mr. Stein; Interesting. But when you study yourself, you would find that you are not organic. That you have been created.....

Robot; What if I told you that I feel organic? That I feel natural? After all, steel is from the earth, is it not? what if one day, man can learn to merge steel and flesh? After all, there is a movie call transformers that shows that man has already dreamt this dream

Mr Stein; Dreams, eh? But isn't that what God is? Dreams and fantasy. Things that one can never prove.......

cc kingebukasblog, kingebukanaija, hahn, johnydon22, reyginus, tufanja, an0nimus, weah96, darkenedrebel, dblackninja,

We have a creator, we are all from Orion, we are Gods,

Ea is primordial God of the human race.

There are higher Gods, Goddess and Demons, which offer help to humans, who work with Satan to help humans reach magnus opus.
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Logicbwoy:

[size=14pt]Mr Stein; I suppose robots are atheists since they are logical beings.[/size]

I had to stop reading after this statement- its fallacious , wrong and ineffably stupid .

If after over 10 years as an atheist , you still don't understand what atheism is then I'm sorry no one can help you .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Weah96: 12:03am On Aug 30, 2016
Logicbwoy:

So Mr Stein represents the religious God? And he's asking questions, even taking the time to go back and forth?
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 5:40am On Aug 30, 2016
Weah96:

So Mr Stein represents the religious God? And he's asking questions, even taking the time to go back and forth?

Mr Stein does not represent God. Why would God be a human and an atheist?
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 5:41am On Aug 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I had to stop reading after this statement- its fallacious , wrong and ineffably stupid .

If after over 10 years as an atheist , you still don't understand what atheism is then I'm sorry no one can help you .

That quote is the logical result of understanding that God and logic do not mix.

Logic does not work with the supernatural.
Logic does not work with miracles.
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 5:42am On Aug 30, 2016
Drew0:

We have a creator, we are all from Orion, we are Gods,

Ea is primordial God of the human race.

There are higher Gods, Goddess and Demons, which offer help to humans, who work with Satan to help humans reach magnus opus.

Orion? What about mars?

I like your interstellar weed!! Astronomical high!
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Weah96: 5:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Mr Stein does not represent God. Why would God be a human and an atheist?

Wait, I thought that the robot was the atheist speaking with his creator Mr. Stein? I'll get it. Eventually.
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by ireneony(f): 6:45am On Aug 30, 2016
undecided
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2016
Logicbwoy:

That quote is the logical result of understanding that God and logic do not mix.

Logic does not work with the supernatural.
Logic does not work with miracles.

My rejection of your quote is the logical result of understanding that without God everything fails to exist

Logic works with the supernatural
Logic works with miracles .

1 Like

Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2016
ireneony:
undecided

Do you hate philosophy?
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

My rejection of your quote is the logical result of understanding that without God everything fails to exist

Logic works with the supernatural
Logic works with miracles .

Isn't the point of miracles and supernatural stuff about defying logic?

Bros, are you trolling again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Weah96:

Wait, I thought that the robot was the atheist speaking with his creator Mr. Stein? I'll get it. Eventually.

You thought too much.....just a robot and an atheist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2016
ireneony:
undecided
dis is not romance land oh so if our grammars are too big for you then leave our thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2016
stephenmorris:
dis is not romance land oh so if our grammars are too big for you then leave our thread

well said.
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Bros, are you trolling again?

How exactly do they defy logic ?
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How exactly do they defy logic ?

Does water turn into wine?

Is it logical for someone to walk on water?

Can a sea be parted?
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Luckymay(f): 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2016
I thought robots are irrational beings without logical reasoning. How come "it's" able to converse In an argumentative manner with a human.?
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 11:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
Luckymay:
I thought robots are irrational beings without logical reasoning. How come "it's" able to converse In an argumentative manner with a human.?

Why would robots be irrational? Theor thinking is based on programming which is based on logic
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by MrAnony1(m): 6:33am On Aug 31, 2016
Just a few things to correct

Logicbwoy:
Ok

Wrong. Atheists are not necessarily logical beings. Having an opinion about the existence of God doesn't magically inject logic into one's being.

Yes it is possible but it doesn't follow.

Being a biological being doesn't make Mr Stein impossible to have been created.

Exactly

The evidence is right there in the specified complexity of the being.

The Robot would be wrong to make this argument. All he has to do is look at how his complex parts have been specifically combined such that he functions.

"Organic" has nothing to do with whether a thing is created or not.

Yeah what if whatever this robot is talking about here?

Here Mr Stein upon failing to answer his robot, resorts to his preconceived assumption that God must be a dream/fantasy.

Hello Logicboy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 7:36am On Aug 31, 2016
MrAnony1:
Just a few things to correct

Ok

Wrong. Atheists are not necessarily logical beings. Having an opinion about the existence of God doesn't magically inject logic into one's being.

Yes it is possible but it doesn't follow.

Being a biological being doesn't make Mr Stein impossible to have been created.

Exactly

The evidence is right there in the specified complexity of the being.

The Robot would be wrong to make this argument. All he has to do is look at how his complex parts have been specifically combined such that he functions.

"Organic" has nothing to do with whether a thing is created or not.

Yeah what if whatever this robot is talking about here?

Here Mr Stein upon failing to answer his robot, resorts to his preconceived assumption that God must be a dream/fantasy.

Hello Logicboy.

Nice comment, Mr anony. However, it seems that you only understood the story halfway.

The story was meant to present both atheistic and theistic thoughts on the origin of life.

It is not a proper argument, rather, a series of philosophical points in a discussion

1 Like

Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Luckymay(f): 7:42am On Aug 31, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Why would robots be irrational? Theor thinking is based on programming which is based on logic

Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Luckymay(f): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2016
Logicbwoy:

It works on programming. More like it does and thinks what the owner programs it to do or think. If it's having this kinda of thought, like arguing with the master... Isn't it like working or thinking outside the box.? More like a human.
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2016
Luckymay:

It works on programming. More like it does and thinks what the owner programs it to do or think. If it's having this kinda of thought, like arguing with the master... Isn't it like working or thinking outside the box.? More like a human.

The story is assuming that the robot has artificial intelligence.
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Luckymay(f): 8:30am On Aug 31, 2016
Logicbwoy:

OK. Thanks for the insight.
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Luckymay(f): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2016
Logicbwoy:

OK. Thanks for the insight.
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Emusan(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2016
Logicbwoy:

I've been hearing Atheist making this statement for a while but I'll like to know, how does LOGIC defy God and miracles?
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by dblackninja: 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
Logicbwoy:

The conversation haven't concluded right?
So what is Mr. iRobot's reply to that statement??
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
dblackninja:

The conversation haven't concluded right?
So what is Mr. iRobot's reply to that statement??

robots don't dream. They have an OS and not a faulty brain.
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by dblackninja: 7:40am On Sep 02, 2016
Logicbwoy:

robots don't dream. They have an OS and not a faulty brain.

Depends on what you mean by dreams. An AI can actually do anything. It can dream..maybe not by falling asleep & drifting into a fantasy land like humans, but a dream nonetheless.

I was expecting something like this:

Robot: Is God your assumed creator?
I know that you created me because you told me so. Haven't your creator told you?

Mr Stein: Yes iRobot. We coined the term God to mean our assumed creator. & Yes it haven't made itself know to us. He haven't told us anything or even said hello for millions of years now..that's why it doesn't exist.

Robot: You know that I would have probably be thinking like you if you haven't revealed yourself to me. I would think that I wasn't created but in actuality I was. So don't you think that you're created? Give me good reasons if you don't think so sir.

Also, I noticed you have been using it for your assumed creator, why is that? Is God like me grin? Is that why you're using "it" ??
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by Logicbwoy: 8:07am On Sep 02, 2016
dblackninja:

Depends on what you mean by dreams. An AI can actually do anything. It can dream..maybe not by falling asleep & drifting into a fantasy land like humans, but a dream nonetheless.

I was expecting something like this:

Robot: Is God your assumed creator?
I know that you created me because you told me so. Haven't your creator told you?

Mr Stein: Yes iRobot. We coined the term God to mean our assumed creator. & Yes it haven't made itself know to us. He haven't told us anything or even said hello for millions of years now..that's why it doesn't exist.

Robot: You know that I would have probably be thinking like you if you haven't revealed yourself to me. I would think that I wasn't created but in actuality I was. So don't you think that you're created? Give me good reasons if you don't think so sir.

Also, I noticed you have been using it for your assumed creator, why is that? Is God like me grin? Is that why you're using "it" ??

Good good......That is good writing!

Complete your story naa....
Re: The Robot Vs The Atheist. by dblackninja: 8:36am On Sep 02, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Good good......That is good writing!

Complete your story naa....

grin You can continue from where I stopped.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Eat Christmas Food? / Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? / Some Of The "Satanic" And "Occultic" Teachings Of SCIENTOLOGY.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.