Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? (1689 Views)

Why Most Christians Don't Have The Capacity To Perform Miracles / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make / Why Are Christians Against Separate Islamic Section On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2017
While I will admit that the idea of a central (one) world government is quite unfeasible owing to the sheer diversity of the world populace and political expansionism by superpowers; still,assuming that the world can be governed in a loose confederacy of continental powers under a "Republic of the Whole World",then it would go a long way to foster relative peace,stability and economic development in the world as wealth will be redistributed from the rich nations to the poor nations and resources will be available for all people.
Militaries will be downscaled and the world would have a unified currency zone.
Why then are many christians reflexively against the idea of a global government?
Note; I'm a christian.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
Cc: Seun,OAM4J
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Meeloreh(f): 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2017
End time aff come niyen! And after rapture, it wee enable the antichrist to rule

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by iamSi(m): 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
you have read to much books I did not get anything out of your post. can you simplify ?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 10:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
Meeloreh:
End time aff come niyen! And after rapture, it wee enable the antichrist to rule
Is this biblical?
Historically,we have seen empires like the Persian,Roman and French(Napoleon Bonarpate) empires ruling a huge swarthe of the world,sprawled over three continents.We have had Genghis Khan who ruled over a unified Mongo-Chinese empire.We have had the great axum empire that spanned the whole east and south africa; they didnt bring about the "end time",why then do you believe a modern global republic will signify the world's end?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2017
iamSi:
you have read to much books I did not get anything out of your post. can you simplify ?
Why do many christians oppose the idea of a One World Government?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
Apparently; it's one of the signs precluding Doomsday.

Same way Gay rights, Liberal Popes, Multiculturalism, Natural disaster; any new disease be it Ebola or Zika; and an increase in irreligion predicts "End time".

I need not talk on how senseless that is....
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 11:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
SirWere:
Apparently; it's one of the signs precluding Doomsday.

Same way Gay rights, Liberal Popes, Multiculturalism, Natural disaster; any new disease be it Ebola or Zika; and an increase in irreligion predicts "End time".

I need not talk on how senseless that is....
True....its almost comical the way many christians predict that every new US president or Catholic pope is the anti-christ.
The way things are,many people will resist sensible policies and developments simply because of their irrational dogma.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 06, 2017
EVarn:
True....its almost comical the way many christians predict that every new US president or Catholic pope is the anti-christ.
The way things are,many people will resist sensible policies and developments simply because of their irrational dogma.
Not "will"; they ARE already resisting it.

When family planning first landed in Nigeria, the opposition they faced from religious poverty-ridden people was overwhelming.
I heard a LOT of shyte. A whole lot; about God giving us the mandate to "procreate" the earth.
Infact, the major thing driving it forward now is massive reorientation and the current economic mess...

During US elections, when Hilary was poised to win; some said it was "a sure sign of endtime".
I kid you not.

Now that Trump won, others said Obama would never leave office, that he was the beast prophesied in the bible and other cringe-worthy nonsense...

I'm tired, just damn tired of the religious enslavement of so many Nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Amberon: 4:43am On Apr 06, 2017
You obviously are not asking to know but to make mockery of Christianity like you are already doing. Of what benefit will a one would government be? Does it even make any sense?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 7:59am On Apr 06, 2017
Amberon:
You obviously are not asking to know but to make mockery of Christianity like you are already doing. Of what benefit will a one would government be? Does it even make any sense?

Why would I deliberately make a mockery of my own religion?
I simply want to know why most christians are against the idea,since I have never seen any anti-world government reference in the bible.
As for the benefit of a World government,if you read the OP,you will see about 4 listed there.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by luvmijeje(f): 8:03am On Apr 06, 2017
I'm obviously missing something. What was the world government someone wants to form and Christians rose against it?

You will just be wailing for no reason.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2017
OP.... a one world government is not bad in itself... it all depends on the kind of people in leadership positions... look at Nigeria for example... our problem is not the govt but the leaders... that's the reason why we are messed up... even the Christians wailing against a one-world government still shine their 32 when they reach the part of revelations where Jesus defeats the Antichrist and RULES on earth.. cuz that means Jesus will be the highest authority with his 144,000 jewish saints or so... that's basically the same thing as a one world govt..... so a one-world govt isn't bad... it all depends on who the leaders are
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 8:52am On Apr 06, 2017
luvmijeje:
I'm obviously missing something. What was the world government someone wants to form and Christians rose against it?

You will just be wailing for no reason.
If you had read the OP,you did have seen where I said "the idea of a one world government".It is public fact that many christians view a global government as anti-christ.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 9:02am On Apr 06, 2017
Wilgrea7:
OP.... a one world government is not bad in itself... it all depends on the kind of people in leadership positions... look at Nigeria for example... our problem is not the govt but the leaders... that's the reason why we are messed up... even the Christians wailing against a one-world government still shine their 32 when they reach the part of revelations where Jesus defeats the Antichrist and RULES on earth.. cuz that means Jesus will be the highest authority with his 144,000 jewish saints or so... that's basically the same thing as a one world govt..... so a one-world govt isn't bad... it all depends on who the leaders are
This is more objective; I think the problem most people have with the OWG is this dogma that no human or group of humams is fit to rule the world,according to them,only Jesus and the devil have the necessary credentials to be world leaders.
Yes,the issue will be leadership.But it could be done to an extent,it wouldnt last though.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by luvmijeje(f): 9:30am On Apr 06, 2017
EVarn:
If you had read the OP,you did have seen where I said "the idea of a one world government".It is public fact that many christians view a global government as anti-christ.

Idea? Who, when and where was the idea formulated?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:37am On Apr 06, 2017
EVarn:
This is more objective; I think the problem most people have with the OWG is this dogma that no human or group of humams is fit to rule the world,according to them,only Jesus and the devil have the necessary credentials to be world leaders.
Yes,the issue will be leadership.But it could be done to an extent,it wouldnt last though.

yeah... but then... it depends on the type of leadership also... will all power be given to just one person or not? things like that determine the possible outcome
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 10:01am On Apr 06, 2017
luvmijeje:

Idea? Who, when and where was the idea formulated?
Francisco de vitoria,the great poet Dante,the greek philosopher Polybius,Friedrich Nietzsche,Kark Krause who proposed the concept of the world being governed by five continents under a "Republic of the world" and even recently George Bush who reiterated the idea of a New World Order.
All these people were(and are still) criticized and demonized by christian movements.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 10:11am On Apr 06, 2017
Wilgrea7:

yeah... but then... it depends on the type of leadership also... will all power be given to just one person or not? things like that determine the possible outcome
I think I'll go with the political system postulated by Karl Krause; the world will be governed by five continents(Africa,Americas,Europe,Asia and Australia,each having a regional superpower) under a "Republic of the world",with a common supranational parliament and an international constitution.
A sort of world democracy.This way,no man or nation will have absolute power.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Wilgrea7(m): 10:15am On Apr 06, 2017
EVarn:
I think I'll go with the political system postulated by Karl Krause; the world will be governed by five continents(Africa,Americas,Europe,Asia and Australia,each having a regional superpower) under a "Republic of the world",with a common supranational parliament and an international constitution.
A sort of world democracy.This way,no man or nation will have absolute power.

sounds legit
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by luvmijeje(f): 11:01am On Apr 06, 2017
EVarn:
Francisco de vitoria,the great poet Dante,the greek philosopher Polybius,Friedrich Nietzsche,Kark Krause who proposed the concept of the world being governed by five continents under a "Republic of the world" and even recently George Bush who reiterated the idea of a New World Order.
All these people were(and are still) criticized and demonized by christian movements.
Okayy! You've also given a lot of reasons why it's untenable so why are you singling out Christians.

assuming that the world can be governed in a loose confederacy of continental powers under a "Republic of the Whole World",then it would go a long way to foster relative peace,stability and economic development in the world as wealth will be redistributed from the rich nations to the poor nations and resources will be available for all people.

In other words the white man should rule over you.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by CatfishBilly: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2017
luvmijeje:

Okayy! You've also given a lot of reasons why it's untenable so why are you singling out Christians.

Is it not luvmijeje again?
I knew she was gonna say something very ignorant to that wonderfully crafted reply and she didn't disappoint.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by luvmijeje(f): 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Is it not luvmijeje again?
I knew she was gonna say something very ignorant to that wonderfully crafted reply and she didn't disappoint.
Hehehe! What's wonderfully crafted? May una deh deceive na self.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
luvmijeje:

I'm singling out christians because we are the ones who demonize the idea; muslim sects already have the believe of a global caliphate,an islamic world government that will be headed by the caliph.
The whites will not "rule over you"; it would be a world federation where every continent has autonomy.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Amberon: 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
Your earlier comments derride Christians and Christianity which was why I made that statement.
If you're a christian like you said you would've known the christian view about a one world government and why most Christians are against it. It is there in the bible.

Also the disadvantages of a one world government out weigh the merits.
EVarn:
Why would I deliberately make a mockery of my own religion?
I simply want to know why most christians are against the idea,since I have never seen any anti-world government reference in the bible.
As for the benefit of a World government,if you read the OP,you will see about 4 listed there.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 1:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
Amberon:
Your earlier comments derride Christians and Christianity which was why I made that statement.
If you're a christian like you said you would've known the christian view about a one world government and why most Christians are against it. It is there in the bible.

Also the disadvantages of a one world government out weigh the merits.
Where in the bible please?,be so kind as to give me the book,chapter and verse.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Wilgrea7(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
EVarn:
muslim sects already have the believe of a global caliphate,an islamic world government that will be headed by the caliph.

i think the Islamic one-world govt is one whereby everyone must accept Islam or die... i stand to be corrected
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2017
Wilgrea7:

i think the Islamic one-world govt is one whereby everyone must accept Islam or die... i stand to be corrected
Interpretation of the hadith is quite very shady,but from what I have read in islamic books; towards the end of the world,a charismatic muslim leader will rise(in the east,and from the lineage of Mohammed),unite all muslims and convert the unbelievers ,he will rule the world with justice,fairness and divine law.This leader is called the Mahdi,apparently,he will come at the same time with Jesus christ,and the latter will assist him in waging war against the Masih ad-Dajjah(false prophet).
In the hadith,Muhammad al-Baqir says that the Mahdi will dig out the holy books from Antioch,and he will judge those who believe in the torah or psalms or gospels or quran according to their respective books.
So,I think its similar to the prophesies about christ's first coming; it may not play out as people are translating it.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by orisa37: 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Because Jesus is The Ways, The Truths and The Life. World Governments are Confusions.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
orisa37:
Because Jesus is The Ways, The Truths and The Life. World Governments are Confusions.
Did jesus teach this?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by MrPRevailer(m): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2017
SirWere:

Not "will"; they ARE already resisting it.

When family planning first landed in Nigeria, the opposition they faced from religious poverty-ridden people was overwhelming.
I heard a LOT of shyte. A whole lot; about God giving us the mandate to "procreate" the earth.
Infact, the major thing driving it forward now is massive reorientation and the current economic mess...

During US elections, when Hilary was poised to win; some said it was "a sure sign of endtime".
I kid you not.

Now that Trump won, others said Obama would never leave office, that he was the beast prophesied in the bible and other cringe-worthy nonsense...

I'm tired, just damn tired of the religious enslavement of so many Nigerians...

The One World Government is the time when stubborn/wicked/pleasure sinners will gladly receive the MARK OF THE BEAST to their doom.

Christian believers have been watching for this for thousands of years and preaching it. We have endured being mocked as Conspiracy theorists for centuries. Now that it is coming to pass, the chameleon has changed its colour. If you go further in your unbelief (millions/billions will) you will regret in forever. And that is immediately after the 7 years One World Government.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
MrPRevailer:

The One World Government is the time when stubborn/wicked/pleasure sinners will gladly receive the MARK OF THE BEAST to their doom.

Christian believers have been watching for this for thousands of years and preaching it. We have endured being mocked as Conspiracy theorists for centuries. Now that it is coming to pass, the chameleon has changed its colour. If you go further in your unbelief (millions/billions will) you will regret in forever. And that is immediately after the 7 years One World Government.
Attach biblical proof please.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Ivy League Universities Lost Their Christian Identities / Indecent Dressing Attracts Rapists, Says Pastor / The Most Expensive Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.