Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) (2355 Views)

My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe / What's D Difference Btw Pasta, Spaghetti N Macaroni / How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) by elnino3(m): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello folks.
So it's the holiday so i decided to get busy, am gonna share my journey into making homemade pasta (spaghetti, Macaroni, Fetuchinni etc.)

Ingredients:
2 Cups of all purpose Flour
2 large eggs

Utensils:
Sturdy kneading surface
Rolling Pin
Sharp knife
Rack or hanger.

Extras
Kneading strength and patience
Knife skills.

Anyway, enough of that bla bla bla. lets get busy.

get your flour on a clean table or counter.

make a well in the middle and then crack in your eggs.. you might want to keep a little water at hand(you might need it for later)
Then using a fork or your finger gently whisk the egg and incorporate it into the rest of the flour gently. (kinda like when brick layers mix mortar .. that's the idea).
Slowly work the entire thing together, it will not really incorporate well at first so you gotta keep working it into a ball. Add a little water if only its still dry after all the flour have been incorporated into it.

Knead it for about 15 mins (work those forearms) till its about a bit stretchy.. as in you can draw it and it feels elastic a bit. the wrap it in cling film

Refridgerate for about 30-45 mins.
Then take it out and separate into four parts using a sharp knife.
The remaining three parts should be placed in a floured bowl and the sprinkle some more flour on it.

flour it and knead a bit then roll it into very flat, thin shape

the roll it over each other in this manner (this will give tiny and long strands of pasta)

Or you can cut it into strips and place them on top of each other (This will give tiny and short strands of pasta)
Then using a very sharp knife cut it into strips and sprinkle flour on each batch and toss them together to loosen them. They stick together very fast. You should have something like this. Repeat for other batches.
I like mine a bit thicker so i cut it accordingly.

Immediately you are through cutting you can then toss them into your pot of boiling water and cook as recommended. Now if you have leftovers or you do not wish to cook it immediately you can hang them in a rack to dry overnight, then put it in a airtight bag. Use within a week ( I used my electric oven rack)

Enjoy.

Upload your creations
eaten with stew

P.S. This is a weekend work for me, who get that kind time during work days.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) by RealSniper: 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
What Is Its Advantage Over Already Made Pasta?
Re: How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) by RealSniper: 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
What Is Its Advantage Over Already Made Pasta,Considering Time And Energy Put Into Place?#teamlovecooking
Re: How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) by elnino3(m): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
RealSniper:
What Is Its Advantage Over Already Made Pasta,Considering Time And Energy Put Into Place?#teamlovecooking
Well for me:
1. I love the texture of it as it is more chewy (if you love the chew pasta)
2. No preservatives, additives, semolina etc. Just good ol' flour and egg
3. You get to create something for yourself.
4. You get a little forearm workout lol.
5. Its a good bonding activity... if you are into that.

5 Likes

Re: How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) by RealSniper: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
elnino3:

Well for me:
1. I love the texture of it as it is more chewy (if you love the chew pasta)
2. No preservatives, additives, semolina etc. Just good ol' flour and egg
3. You get to create something for yourself.
4. You get a little forearm workout lol.
5. Its a good bonding activity... if you are into that.
When The Price Of Flour Drops Down I Will Surely Prepare My Pasta.Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) by moneymotive: 9:43am On Dec 18, 2022
elnino3:
Hello folks.
So it's the holiday so i decided to get busy, am gonna share my journey into making homemade pasta (spaghetti, Macaroni, Fetuchinni etc.)

Ingredients:
2 Cups of all purpose Flour
2 large eggs

Utensils:
Sturdy kneading surface
Rolling Pin
Sharp knife
Rack or hanger.

Extras
Kneading strength and patience
Knife skills.

Anyway, enough of that bla bla bla. lets get busy.

get your flour on a clean table or counter.

make a well in the middle and then crack in your eggs.. you might want to keep a little water at hand(you might need it for later)
Then using a fork or your finger gently whisk the egg and incorporate it into the rest of the flour gently. (kinda like when brick layers mix mortar .. that's the idea).
Slowly work the entire thing together, it will not really incorporate well at first so you gotta keep working it into a ball. Add a little water if only its still dry after all the flour have been incorporated into it.

Knead it for about 15 mins (work those forearms) till its about a bit stretchy.. as in you can draw it and it feels elastic a bit. the wrap it in cling film

Refridgerate for about 30-45 mins.
Then take it out and separate into four parts using a sharp knife.
The remaining three parts should be placed in a floured bowl and the sprinkle some more flour on it.

flour it and knead a bit then roll it into very flat, thin shape

the roll it over each other in this manner (this will give tiny and long strands of pasta)

Or you can cut it into strips and place them on top of each other (This will give tiny and short strands of pasta)
Then using a very sharp knife cut it into strips and sprinkle flour on each batch and toss them together to loosen them. They stick together very fast. You should have something like this. Repeat for other batches.
I like mine a bit thicker so i cut it accordingly.

Immediately you are through cutting you can then toss them into your pot of boiling water and cook as recommended. Now if you have leftovers or you do not wish to cook it immediately you can hang them in a rack to dry overnight, then put it in a airtight bag. Use within a week ( I used my electric oven rack)

Enjoy.

Upload your creations
eaten with stew

P.S. This is a weekend work for me, who get that kind time during work days.

Kindly send an email to willbrown9398@gmail.com
I don’t have access to my old email again.
Re: How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) by AceRoyal: 1:26am On Feb 11, 2023
moneymotive:

Kindly send an email to willbrown9398@gmail.com
I don’t have access to my old email again.
Hello Bro,
Can you please chat me up on whatsapp via the number on my profile.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Gari / Simple And Healthy Way To Make Yam Porridge (asaro) / How To Cook Nigerian Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.