Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Can This Government Ever Win With Some People? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can This Government Ever Win With Some People? (333 Views)

Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun / I Have Lost Faith In This Government / Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can This Government Ever Win With Some People? by bkool7(m): 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
Still On The Man That Named His Dog Buhari :Can this government ever win with some people?

I'm sorry to rekindle this issue but it saddens my heart to read some belligerent comments here, but then, that's the beauty of a forum. We can't all have ourselves facing on direction just like We can't all have the same opinion on issues . Some comments will be ridiculously serious and others nonchalantly intriguing. However, what we can all do is scrutinized any convincing facts, figures or argument presented and draw objective and unbiased conclusion.

The above would have been simple few years back but these days Nigerians are so divided along ethnic, religious and political lines that we consciously or unconsciously permit those hindrances to dictate how we respond to every issues.

Take for example, I believed it was last week this OAP, Freeze posted a provocative picture which every right thinking Nairalander condemned due to its highly provocative intention. Even though Freeze had the fundamental human right to freedom of expression, we all unanimously agreed he crossed the thin line with that picture.

Now, how come same set of people that condemned Freeze for expressing his freedom of expression now found nothing wrong in the issue of the man that named his dog Buhari, and wrote same on its body. Admitted, he has the right to do whatever he feels with his dog but there's always a thin line between the boundaries of our rights and that of others. And common sense dictates we kown when to draw that line. If the dog had its way let's not for one moment assume it'll approve of what the man made it go through. Where did we put Animal Rights?

Is it that their hatred for PMB has distorted their Sense of reasoning? Even when we're told the dog issue was not directly connected to the president, but a particular Alhaji in that community, they still found a way to rope him in.

It baffles me the rate these set of people support any glaringly negative issue as long as it's inimical to the government.

As long as Nigeria remains one, we just have to learn to live with each other and be tolerant to our differences for peace to reign.

(1) (Reply)

Delhi Women’s Minister Sacked For ‘sex Tape’ / Some People Will Defend Buhari Till They Commit Suicide / The Hopelessness That Came With Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.