Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,432 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group (12659 Views)

Soldiers Kill Ijaw Militant With Juju Who Came To Attack Aladja In Delta (Graphi / "Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User / Militants Threaten To Attack Niger-Delta Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by AfroKnight: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2016
The struggle between Ijaws and Itsekiris is as old as Nigeria.

But "warlords"? Seriously? cheesy cheesy grin These guys have been watching too much high fantasy.
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Uncultured race!
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Dannyset(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Lolz
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by gigabyte13: 8:01am On Aug 30, 2016
Nonsense, how can one useless ethnic group be the one bringing unrest to others......?? Try and do this nonsense in SE or SW and see if you wont be sent to the book of history.
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2016
Is this the reason why we saw troops of Army and tanks trooping into Warri yesterday? Una wan start una madness again abi? The one happening in creek isn't enough already. These two tribes are the ones eating Delta oil money yet they won't let us have peace of mind in this Warri. angry angry angry
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by ificatchmodeh: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2016
Hehehehe..

Itsekiri fight ijaw for warri..all na setup..ayiri wan set tompolo for his new lords..
Funny enough he has short memory..
When it starts..we should not forget..

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Abagworo(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2016
The game is over for Ijaw blackmail as Government seems war ready. Itsekiri could be the avoidable bait for US, UK , French and Dutch backed invasion. The West does not play with their economic interest hence it was a very poor decision on the part of avengers to destroy Shell, Chevron and Exxon Mobil properties belonging to these super powers. They are the only people that determine a freedom fighter from a terrorist. Once you are against them you are declared a criminal or terrorist but if you are with them you become a freedom fighter. My advice to Ijaws is to embrace peace as the world powers have decided to deal with avengers which from every indication is synonymous with Ijaw.

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by repogirl(f): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2016
DamiBukola:
pls what is the meaning of Warri in Yoruba or Itsekiri?

The word Warri is derived from the Ijaw word "Wari" meaning a house.

I am waiting to hear it's meaning in your place
thankyou for that....some people don't know where they come from or the history of their lands.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 30, 2016
Fight2Finish:

Good! To be sincere most of my friends are Yorubas even when I do raise Biafra issue before them during conversation we argue in a healthy manner but I came here and found out that for you to survive as a member you have to be somehow so i changed. In real life I have yorubas as my friends and we joke like tomorrow no dey.
That means you are person with two lives.One is Nairaland life and the other is Real life.
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Delegate(m): 8:43am On Aug 30, 2016
DamiBukola:

Another tribal bigot is here, pls take your West indies, Eastern Indies or Northern Indies out of here. If u don't have anything reasonable to contribute stop quoting me, I am too educated to be cowed to follow your line of reasoning.

My wife will be from the South South and I will name my children in the following order:
1. Yoruba
2. Igbo
3. Hausa
4. Ijaw
DamiBukola:

Another tribal bigot is here, pls take your West indies, Eastern Indies or Northern Indies out of here. If u don't have anything reasonable to contribute stop quoting me, I am too educated to be cowed to follow your line of reasoning.

My wife will be from the South South and I will name my children in the following order:
1. Yoruba
2. Igbo
3. Hausa
4. Ijaw
DamiBukola:

1. Yoruba
2. Igbo
3. Hausa
4. Ijaw

Nah You be 1 Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2016
These three tribes have been living together as neighbours before Nigeria became a country: Ijaws, Urhobos and Itsekiris.Off course they would have been living harmoniously together,that doesn't mean there wouldn't have been some little skirmishes then.
But the discovery of oil has brought in distrust among the 3 tribes.The divide and rule factor from the powers that be.
As we all know,the Itsekiris are the minority and have this penchant for migrating and settling along river banks of their neighbours communities.But somehow along the line,they end up claiming those lands as theirs.
As we all heard from the grapevine then during the Warri crisis,the military were in support of the Itsekiris,giving them a kind of cover.
So this present allegation from the Ijaws is not farfetched.
As a fellow Niger Deltan, I call on our Itsekiris and Ijaws brothers to give peace a chance.We are not happy of the present economic state of Warri.This was a result of the ripple effect of the Warri Crisis of the late 90s.
Even as we are clamouring for peace,the government should be fair.As Burning Spears sang," We want equal rights and justice".
For the records,the three aforementioned tribes are the owner of the Warri metropolis.The land where the Itsekiris King palace is built was sold to them by the Urhobos.So why will they claim to be owners and the palace of their king was sold to them by another tribe?
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by fred06: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2016
There is no attack by the Itsekiri on the ijaws this is another propaganda put up by the ijaws n their militants to stir up sentiments to attack the Itsekiris.. The Itsekiris have always been a peace loving people just like the yorubas n other tribes if there are disputes they as civilized persons take same through the law courts which is the government... They do not carry arms against the government n start killing soldiers just like their counter parts..The issue if ownership of warri has been settled since in a case in 1934...

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by jeevyww(m): 8:52am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
The entire Warri is Itsekiriland, but when you show weakness everyone wants to press your button. The Itsekiri are too passive, to the extent they allowed other deltans to speak for them. Well, leaves don't fall far from the tree, just like the rest of the Yoruba, they wait till the last minute to react.

Op from your post I can clearly tell you are Itsekiri,well its good to know your history but its a shame you know only part or maybe what you have been told or read online..let me break it down..PA Alfred Rewane wrote that according to the Benin historian Jacob Egharevba, the Benin crown prince Iginiwa,who later became Ginuwa 1 Olu of Warri,was mandated by his father oba olua (in 1473) the oba of Benin to go and found a kingdom in and reign over the Riverine areas,Hence,the Olu is called,Ogiame,which in Edo means "The king who Reigns over riversland".Ginuwa 1 founded the warri kingdom in 1480".
THE IJAW VERSION OF THE HISTORY OF ITSEKIRI
In 1475 Olua was king of Benin and his sons where Ginuwa and Ozolua,Ginuwa was outsmarted by his brother and driven out of the kingdom...Benin Historical Records according to MR Talbot
Ginuwa and seventy followers where put in a canoe and st towards the ijaw domain they sailed to the west Atlantic and finally into the Estuary of the River dodo where they were intercepted by Iduwini(ijaws) fishermen they had camwood(isele in ijaw) pasting all over them the ijaws called them Iselemotu (people coated with camwood paste) and they(Itsekiri) are still called that till today

THE CHANGE OF THE THE OLU OF ITSEKIRI to OLU OF WARRI
After the blody riots in warri of 1952 a 9ommision was set up by the late Awolowo in Ibadan and funny only the urhobos and Itsekiri were invited,to show how long the Ijaw man has been marginalized,Alfred Rewane in his book "The link with the past" wrote that through the suggestions of chief Okorodudu,the warri province would be changed to Warri and that the tittle Olu of Itsekiri would become Olu of warri,both the Urhobo and Government delegation accepted and it has remained till this day

Dom Domingos
It is not far from the truth that Itsekiri women can be loose,and this was affirmed by women of Itskiri stock milandiring with portuguese traders,they unlike the ijaws and urhobos who at that time saw it as an abormination to marry outside from their tribe,had affairs with these traders and the result where children of mixed stock known as mullatos,Dom Domingos(Eyeomason Atoangboye) he returned from portugal and was installed as king (Atuwatse) in 1625

In conclusion it is a known fact that the Area known as warri today is originally owned by the Urobos who where farmers and stayed hinther lands and the Ijaws who where fishermen and lived to the coast,I say it with all sense of Confidence cos I have done years of research on this topic and time and space won't let me on this forum but the Itshekiri were visitors to these lands and the Urobos and Ijaws welcomed them with open hands,the Ijaws have always been people who were timid and hardly mixed with the outside world things that still affect them today,the Itsekiri were open to Education vis avis their relationship with the Portuguese this made them enlightened and made them Educated people hence it was to their advantage has they started having people in power and government,these were the issues that led to the warri crisis in 97/98 but all said,we have come to live together in one state and I believe God placed us together for a purpose

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by machinery1: 9:09am On Aug 30, 2016
DamiBukola:

Shoro ni yen

Yoruba wannabe, shame uno get.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Deen77: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2016
Progressive01:
Please could someone try to help me explain what this guy just said??

Thank you, for years war has been going on between the two even before democracy.
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by tutudesz: 9:17am On Aug 30, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Hehehehe..

Itsekiri fight ijaw for warri..all na setup..ayiri wan set tompolo for his new lords..
Funny enough he has short memory..
When it starts..we should not forget..
Thank you! All this fight up nd down is just because ayiri wan Pipelines contract, which the president will never give him. Abeg Itsekiri nd Izon people are brothers nd no fight will happen
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by jeevyww(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
The entire Warri is Itsekiriland, but when you show weakness everyone wants to press your button. The Itsekiri are too passive, to the extent they allowed other deltans to speak for them. Well, leaves don't fall far from the tree, just like the rest of the Yoruba, they wait till the last minute to react.

The name Warri..according to Mr T.j Southern the District Officer in Forcados..."it is on record that it was the Ogbe-ijoh Market that first attracted the Portuguese to Forcados,around 1472 to what is known as Warri today,as they were guided by Iduwini(Ijaw)pilots through the creeks.In the area of the Ogbeh-Ijoh market they were astonished by the cluster of several houses from a distance and asked what they were seeing and were told "Wari" (ijaw word for house) and the Portuguese named Ogbe-Ikaw and other communities around Warri" time and space would not let me Educate you because even the Itsekiris knows Ginuwa's Exodus from Benin city cos History and proof clearly shows that Ginuwa the founder of the Itshekiri race was a Benin Prince..Ginuwa and his group settled in Ofoughene but it was later known as Oruselemo because when he and his company were rescued from the River Dodo they all had camwood paste on their body called Isele in Ijaw and till this day the Ijaws call Itsekiris Iselemotu(camwood paste people)history doesnt lie

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Rick9(m): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2016
SERIOUSLY

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by gretblue: 10:19am On Aug 30, 2016
Fight2Finish:

Have I done anything wrong for encouraging him/her to shun capitalising on this nake.d propaganda? To my best of knowledge as an analyst I can bet my gallons of fuel that this is propaganda from vagabond a.k.a vanguardngr.com
You nailed it.

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
shut dafuqk! have u ever been to warri? warri belongs to itsekir? what about the Urhobo's and Ijaw's?
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by damon222: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
What nonsense.
Go and ask your elders why Supreme court ruled in favour of the Itsekiris in the Warri land tussle.
I have full trust for the Ijaws. When the wars will start off as before, the Itsekiri will find it, as usual, diffcult to withstand it even with the Thiefnnubu's connections. I also know that Itsekiris are known for their trouble making. While I was there working then, one Chief Ayiri was everyday after the Ijaws. He is that type that does not want to hear any sound like the Ijaws. He hates their immediate neighbours, which are the Ijaws in particular and others like the Urhobos, the Isoko etc. They will prefer the Yorubas who are very far from them. Chief Ayiri is a well known brain behind, through Thiefnnubu to Buhari and apc fight against Tomopolo. It is known fact that all those fake militants reports, against Tompolo and all other troubles against the Ijaws are orginating from Chief Ayiri. He cannot never deny it. Recently, he pretended, followed the inspector general of Police to Gbaranmatu as if he is not an enemy of the Ijaws. He was there to carefully study the environment. I saw all this in tv. So it was not lies. But I have trust for the Ijaws. They do not make mistakes especially when you pick on them unnecessarily. All the records are very open.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by fred06: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2016
@ jevvyww..hmmm you really studied the Itsekiris history very well n the way your ideology goes you are an ijaw man..you quoted all books on the Itsekiri history but you never stated anything on Ijaw history? Sure you should have a history and we will want to be educated on that..
Because the Ijaws came from some where or is it that they were created by God in this area? Or was there a garden of Eden in this area that was not recorded n different from the one in the Bible?

Mind you i know the coming of Prince Ginuwa in 1470s but there were already settlers in warri division before the coming of Prince Ginuwa in 1470s you had the Omadino people who migrated from Oyo empire, you had the illajes who migrated from Coastal planes from the western Empire of Oyo n others you had the Ugborodo people , inorin people, irigbo people, the Okere people who are the descendants of Ekpende the Bini dreaded Warrior who migrated from benin. if you stayed in warri the statute of the Ekpenede (Ekpen) was built then for all to see..you have the Odion community in warri who was founded by Ogisi a warrior chief from the Benin Kingdom which predated the coming of Prince Ginuwa..
During the coming of Prince Ginuwa the first Olu of Warri all communities then in the warri division n beyond pledge allegiance to the king those settlers in the Warri area knowing from where they came from initially that he was a prince and the King's son n their customs being somewhat similar, pledge loyalty to him and so it has been the people having one custom, one King and one tribe..
From your statement of calling OGIAME given to him by his father clearly shows that his father predicted that his son would be king.. So was it till present and till this morning.
So mind you there were early settlers in the Warri division before prince Ginuwa came..

I should also educate you that in those days when there was no phones, televisions or camera or computer, people used diarys, journals to record events and interactions they had with people ..so did the Portuguese and the British did it and it is in their achives in museum n Library in spain, Portugal n Britain of interactions they had with the Itsekiris and even the Nana of Itsekiri fighting with the British imperialist n later exiled like that of King jaja of Opobo of the Eastern region then..Am sure you studied that in your school days..

Where is the recorded events the whites had with the ijaws? Were the ijaws not in the coastal region as you Cliam? What resistance did they do against the whites?

My dear n brother go and check your history well before throwing up vituperations against another tribe..as it was convienent for you to read another ones history leaving yours...
Let peace reign in warri n delta..
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by DamiBukola: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2016
fred06:
@ jevvyww..hmmm you really studied the Itsekiris history very well n the way your ideology goes you are an ijaw man..you quoted all books on the Itsekiri history but you never stated anything on Ijaw history? Sure you should have a history and we will want to be educated on that..
Because the Ijaws came from some where or is it that they were created by God in this area? Or was there a garden of Eden in this area that was not recorded n different from the one in the Bible?

Mind you i know the coming of Prince Ginuwa in 1470s but there were already settlers in warri division before the coming of Prince Ginuwa in 1470s you had the Omadino people who migrated from Oyo empire, you had the illajes who migrated from Coastal planes from the western Empire of Oyo n others you had the Ugborodo people , inorin people, irigbo people, the Okere people who are the descendants of Ekpende the Bini dreaded Warrior who migrated from benin. if you stayed in warri the statute of the Ekpenede (Ekpen) was built then for all to see..you have the Odion community in warri who was founded by Ogisi a warrior chief from the Benin Kingdom which predated the coming of Prince Ginuwa..
During the coming of Prince Ginuwa the first Olu of Warri all communities then in the warri division n beyond pledge allegiance to the king those settlers in the Warri area knowing from where they came from initially that he was a prince and the King's son n their customs being somewhat similar, pledge loyalty to him and so it has been the people having one custom, one King and one tribe..
From your statement of calling OGIAME given to him by his father clearly shows that his father predicted that his son would be king.. So was it till present and till this morning.
So mind you there were early settlers in the Warri division before prince Ginuwa came..

I should also educate you that in those days when there was no phones, televisions or camera or computer, people used diarys, journals to record events and interactions they had with people ..so did the Portuguese and the British did it and it is in their achives in museum n Library in spain, Portugal n Britain of interactions they had with the Itsekiris and even the Nana of Itsekiri fighting with the British imperialist n later exiled like that of King jaja of Opobo of the Eastern region then..Am sure you studied that in your school days..

Where is the recorded events the whites had with the ijaws? Were the ijaws not in the coastal region as you Cliam? What resistance did they do against the whites?

My dear n brother go and check your history well before throwing up vituperations against another tribe..as it was convienent for you to read another ones history leaving yours...
Let peace reign in warri n delta..

The story is about the origin of the Itsekiri, Ijaws origin is not what he was responding to

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by buJu234: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:

i grew up in warri although am not from there; and everytime i hear words like this; i always think its either from the mouth of a trouble maker or one ignorant dude...

if the all warri belong to the Itsekiri; how come:-

(1) the so called Olu of warri only exert authority over less than 30% of the city (Eucuredo itsekiri; ajamogha; part of cementary rd; pkessu rd etc).
(2) the coronation dance than normally take place from Enerehe junction through Deko rd & Igbudu mkt rd to Okere rd in the early 1990s; stopped taking placed there but now its only in the Okere rd side; Eucuredo itsekiri; ajamogha; part of cementary rd; pkessu rd (which are Itsekiri controlled areas)
(3) tht over 90% of warri stangs are mostly from the Urhobo speaking tribe... (try and listen to most comedians that call themselves Warri boys)

There are more to write but let me stop here;

Please I will advise lets allow the relative peace that Ibori brokered between the 3tribes (Ijaws;Itsekiris&Urhobos) after the bloody late 1990s warri war (that even the itsekiri people were seen packing and relocating to Benin enmasse) to remain.

I rest my case
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by ANAKONDA: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
Joel3:
vagabond again. this guys are dividing Nigeria more than they are trying to achieved. blackmailing and creating factions is not doing any good. it only shows government running away from it responsibility.

Looks like one may have to go back to school to learn mind-reading to understand your message.
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by fred06: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
@ damibukola the history of Itsekiri put out by jevvyww is maliciously n fatally incorrect n wrong that is why i put the history of Ijaws in issue..read his words clearly in his post were he said Itsekiris are visitors to warri.he has to put facts on ground on that point, taking cognisance of the supreme courts decisions in Itsekiris favour..OMETAN .V. DORE NUMAN(1934], CHIEF SAM WARRI ESI .V. OLU OF WARRI GINUWA II and the ownership claim of warri by ogbe ijoh( ijaws) against the Olu of warri/Itsekiri in 1956 which Ogbe-ijoh lost in 9th july 1964 which also went to the supreme court.
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by mrgreen4real(m): 11:30am On Aug 30, 2016
Waiting to buy the DVD plate in Ikenna's shop
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Igalaprince: 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=gigabyte13 post=48916854]Nonsense, how can one useless ethnic group be the one bringing unrest to others......?? Try and do this nonsense in SE or SW and see if you wont be sent to the book of history.

Remove the SE.I know your type,you can't stand alone without dragging other tribe in your problem.Afo....as.

2 Likes

Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by Kirigidi(m): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wyttcat:
Guy let me educate u! D entire areas now knwn as Warri were not originally Warri or parts of Warri som decades ago. Urban expansn nd Govt's impositn of d name ova neighborin communities hav made pipo think dis areas ar Warri. D Itsekiris ar creeks dwellers. They ar latecomers to d region nd ar tenants to d Urhobo pipo in mainland Warri! Warri land was already occupied by Urhobo nd Ijaw pipo bfor d arrival of d Itsekiris. Dia history is well knwn nd not hidden! Anybody wu has stayd long enorf in Warri knws dis truth! Go to Igbudu, Edjeba, Ogunu, Agbassa, Okumagba areas nd Otor-Okere nd ask residents wu ar dia landlords or wu sold them land, they wil say Urhobo.
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by DamiBukola: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
fred06:
@ damibukola the history of Itsekiri put out by jevvyww is maliciously n fatally incorrect n wrong that is why i put the history of Ijaws in issue..read his words clearly in his post were he said Itsekiris are visitors to warri.he has to put facts on ground on that point, taking cognisance of the supreme courts decisions in Itsekiris favour..OMETAN .V. DORE NUMAN(1934], CHIEF SAM WARRI ESI .V. OLU OF WARRI GINUWA II and the ownership claim of warri by ogbe ijoh( ijaws) against the Olu of warri/Itsekiri in 1956 which Ogbe-ijoh lost in 9th july 1964 which also went to the supreme court.
I have asked a question of which none of you have deemed it fit to answer. Leave out that influenced Supreme Court judgment and face reality, the word Warri is derived from an Ijaw word "Wari". I have asked that they should tell us the meaning of the word Warri in their language.
Re: Itsekiris Are Planning To Attack Ijaw Communities - Warri Group by pgodson7(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
Sorry for quoting u but don't say what you dont know.
Wyttcat:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget By 3PM / President Buhari Congratulates President Xi Jinping On Re-election / No State In Nigeria Is Controlled By Boko Haram - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.