Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (248331 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
@segunfms my no is 08028599131: email: sam2001ng@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2010
ARABSAT 5B  26.5 e IS AVAILABLE IN OUR SPACE NOW .,hopefully some nice channels will be added very soon.
            transponder            10719 v 27500
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2010
@obnelly
ARABSAT 5B 26.5 e IS AVAILABLE IN OUR SPACE NOW .,hopefully some nice channels will be added very soon.
transponder 10719 v 27500
Permit my ignorance here. Plz, what is the dish size that one can use to hit the bird?
Thankx for your anticipated reply.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2010
PITo, where u dey?Its really a long time ,I hope you are keeping well.I hope to see your post soon.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
Enigma:

Yep, for about 5 years at least now, receivers have had both the Diseqc and USALS protocols. However, Diseqc 1.2 is not the same as USALS; some people "colloquially" refer to USALS as Diseqc 1.3 not 1.2.

To deal with a query raised by tox more info would be required --- especially whether the set up was done using USALS per se or using Diseqc 1.2 or whether both were configured. An optimal setting would be (1) set up using USALS; (2) find the satellites you need and store them using Diseqc 1.2. That way you can use either USALS or Diseqc 1.2 ---- it is possible that this is what tox's installer did. However, you can work with either one of them without the other if you choose.

@Enigma,
Your absolutely correct. Personally I wasn't going to be bothered about wether usals equals diseqc 1.2 or 1.3. What I meant by both being the same is that they do a similar job, i.e use one satellite to locate the rest in the arc and track without setting up each one separately.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2010
fatruk:

George D, I guess you could help with my earlier input about the non-local digital channels that are received on digital TV's with mere antenna, without a dish or satellite receiver. How does that work in places like ghana?

@fatruk,
You can visit this topic on the childboard:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-436700.0.html#msg5951017
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2010
George_D,
Congrats on your recently installed solar panels. 24 hours fta will soon become a realty.

All,
For information only. It was copied from the Nigerian THISDAY NEWSPAPER.
Cable TV Providers Should Sit Up

Come August 1, HITV would have been three years in the Nigerian market , with huge patronage by Nigerians. A lot of water has passed under the bridge. But what is of concern to many Nigerians is the incompetent manner this company runs its business from the channels that are accessible on its platform, to programmes being telecast.
They succeeded in skyrocketing their charges arbitrarily because they were able to negotiate the broadcast of premiership games away from the grasp of South-African-owned DSTV. This made it possible for it to fix the rate of its subscription at almost 100 per cent increase from the initial charges.

The truth is that, this company is a hole in the pocket of Nigerians; for it saw an opportunity to use the premiership as a bait to lure Nigerians away from DSTV, knowing how much Nigerians have grown to love the game of football. Hitv is a complete waste of time and money.
Hitv satellite TV does not have any form of entertainment in its kitty, apart from the channels (Hi Mix, Hi nolly, Hi Movies) that are filled with complete repetitions. This makes one to wonder if this outfit is not just one programmed “robot” that just plays itself over from time to time.

I wish the government can put in place a body that scrutinises such companies before they are allowed to operate. It appears they are out to take away or maximise profit alone at the expense of subscribers.
A particular satellite TV provider in Nigeria offers as much as three times lesser than HITV.This is not even Nigeria-owned, and it airs almost the same channels being aired by Hitv, with most of the channels aired free of charge.
•Austin Francis,
Lokoja, Kogi State
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 9:03am On Jul 07, 2010
@butoneday, thats a nice write up, to me HITV is a complete waste of time,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2010
@Twinskenny,

Sorry bros, hope the rain no meet you for road?
Se ya 4 evening, n if u fit help me check for those thief's office 4 evening, i go happy grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2010
Difference between USALS and DisEqC1.2

If the dish is not initially aligned perfectly to face due south (in the Northern hemisphere) then the search for satellites is normally problematic.  However, with USALS, this inconvenience no longer exists because the program calculates the positions of all "visible" satellites, on the basis of latitude and longitude of the installation site, with a precision of +/_ 0.05 degrees.  this is possible because the USALS program also decides the direction of rotation.

With DisEqC1.2 a manual search and memorisation of every satellite position is required.  However, with USALS all you have to do is point the dish towards a satellite at the centre of the arc and USALS will automatically find and store the rest.

Every time a satellite position has been changed or a new one activated, with USALS, you need only to add the name of the new satellite to the list, and its orbital position.  The motor will move to the new position without need for further programming or alignment.

As the user doesn't need to carry out complicated adjustments or programming, the risk of making a mistake is greatly reduced.  this is unlike standard DisEqC1.2 where a small error can require the installation procedure to be started from the beginning.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2010
microgiant:

Difference between USALS and DisEqC1.2
----- this is unlike standard DisEqC1.2 where a small error can require the installation procedure to be started from the beginning.
That is very correct.
Ive still not been able to find time to work on my H-H motor installation. I will surely align to the satellite arc properly so I can get many birds.
But the tin good sha o. wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
@microgiant,
Thanks for that piece. We could call usals and improved version of diseqc 1.2 or simply diseqc 1.3 like enigma rightly said above.

according to the satellite guy, here's a quick lesson in diseqc installations:

diseqc 1.0 means it will work with a 2x1 or 4x1 diseqc switch
diseqc 1.1 means it will work with a 8x1 switch
diseqc 1.2 means it can control a motor
diseqc 1.3 means it has USALS function for a motor
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2010
Here's another good one from iceberg on the satelliteguys.us site:

What DiSEqC Do You Need?

1. No DiSEqC is good for single antenna systems that are fixed on one satellite. Every receiver can handle this.

2. Tone Burst is used for the simultaneous reception of two satellites with a monoblock LNB. This switching criteria is supported by every digital receiver.

3. DiSEqC 1.0 is for multifeed and/or multi-antenna systems with up to four LNBs/antennas. This expansion of Tone Burst can operate four to eight switches.

4. DiSEqC 1.1 is for multifeed systems with cascading multiswitches. This expansion of DiSEqC 1.0 can switch between up to 56 satellite signals. Control commands are repeated multiple times to guarantee that they reach every switch level. It is usually only used with larger antenna systems.

5. DiSEqC 1.2 drives H-H antenna motors so that all of your favorite satellites can be received. It has some weaknesses with regards to storing satellite positions.

6. DiSEqC 1.3 also drives H-H motors. With the position calculations built into the receiver, it takes full advantage of the DiSEqC 1.2 GoTo X commands. These receivers are labeled with USALS, DiSEqC 1.3 or GoTo X.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2010
@All

Abu Dhabi is test transmitting in Mpeg4/HD format
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 3:01pm On Jul 07, 2010
Adeexy:

@All

Abu Dhabi is test transmitting in Mpeg4/HD format

Abu Dhabi Sports is test transmitting in Mpeg4/HD format. its like its end time for mpeg 2 receivers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sammu(m): 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2010
@ALL, nta entertainment and education fta on w2a@10e,3937R8800 star times
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
@ sammu
thanks man ive been waiting to see how that bird looks on mp4(69x)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thread closed. The discussion on this thread is continued on this link
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-475178.0.html#msg6345762

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread