Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,603 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget (1522 Views)

Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola / Distribution Of Capital Project In 2016 Budget, Omokri Reacts: A Rejoinder / Omokri Reacts To The Distribution Of Capital Projects In The 2016 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by Noble11(m): 10:03am On Aug 30, 2016
No caption..just compare and contrast
Source:- channels tv

Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by Noble11(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2016
Noble11:
No caption..just compare and contrast
Source:- channels tv
Be the judge if you have conscience
Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by OjukwuWarBird: 10:14am On Aug 30, 2016
And the oil of the SS and SE will fund the budget.
Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by Dagaya(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2016
This is just bad..one wonders what really is going on this country. just take a look at south south and south east.
Anyways he called us 5%. our oil is funding the budget. This is just bad.

God save us..later someone will be preaching one Nigeria
Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by Noble11(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2016
Dagaya:
This is just bad..one wonders what really is going on this country. just take a look at south south and south east.
Anyways he called us 5%. our oil is funding the budget. This is just bad.

God save us..later someone will be preaching one Nigeria
Exactly

Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by ba7man(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:
And the oil of the SS and SE will fund the budget.
You just couldn't resist attaching SE to the SS sha.

Oya........ remove the SE sharply!!!

Also remember that Oyo State alone is as big as 3 SE states combined, not to mention those humongous northern states.

I'm sure once you analyze its from the landmass/ population/project allocation perspective, you'll find out its fair.

Let's find out those that can't process info correctly here.

2 Likes

Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by mekzyjoe(m): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by mekzyjoe(m): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by PASCHAL28: 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
I saw this post in Build up Nigeria with this statement.Some were thanking channels televison.The distribution of capital projects in the 2016 budget mirrors President Muhammadu Buhari's electoral victory of 2015. I actually thought he was joking about the 97%-5%, but hey, you can't argue with facts. Thank you Channels Television for this expose, but i disagree with these statements. there is no fact in what is presented here.
i have seen this post during budget presentation before. you do not need to blame buhari here. i have said it time without number,our senators from south east needed to be recalled. they do not know what they want there to do. they are frustrating this government not to make in road to south east. i have evidences. for example,Buhari included 2 Niger bridge in 2016 budget. he included enugu-onitsha road,enugu-port harcourt road. but do you know that our senators were there, the budget provisions for these projects were slashed and some even removed,none of them uttered a word. if not that buhari insisted that his original budget be returned. these figures you see here will be very low. also, on the issue of amount, we have 5 states to compare others with 6 states. this year,we have a better share to compare what was given to us in 2013,2014,2015 and 2016 budget. i am not defending buhari. i am not his spokesman. but as a player in this field,i know what i am saying. In 2013, bayelsa state has only 8 Local Govts. do you know how much they got. what was given to bayelsa state as a state is more than what was given to south east as a zone.
Also, you have to look at the projects the govt wants to execute. in the south east, we have 2nd Niger bridge,enugu-port harcourt road,enugu-onitsha road,nnewi-okigwe road,aba-itua-calabar road and the completion of dualization of owerri-port harcourt road. these are the projects they have for us in 2016 budget. most of these zones you see,it is only south east that has no rail project. the north central you see is the middle belt and they central to all parts of nigeria.most of the roads there needed to be completed so that people travelling to other parts of nigeria will have access to good roads and that is where saraki comes from. it is not buhari zone. and most of these projects were not new projects. what these government wanted to do is put in money and complete them before moving into new projects. download the budget from budget office website and see. look at that Kaduna-abuja railproject. it was not built by Buhari. but he made sure it is completed and put to use. look at enugu-onitsha road,they have done 30% work there. buhari voted 5billion for it to be completed. look at 2nd Niger bridge,there was no money for the project,but buhari voted 13 billion for it.
Also did north central gave buahri his highest vote in 2015 election,the answer is no. it is northwest and north east. even what buhari got in south east is more than south south. so there is no basis for this article. my people are not well informed. What we want as a group is that let the ones appropriated be completed and new ones set up. also in considering new projects, we want Mr President to look at the possibilities of giving us railway from aba-onitsha and from onitsha to abakiliki. Thank you all

4 Likes

Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by Krucifax(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
Buhari is no leader and Nigeria plus Nigerians are poorer as a whole for having voted him into power.
This is evidence for those who are still confused and blind about the real intentions of Buhari. He didn't come to make Nigeria a better place,he came to make the Northerners a more powerful ethnic group in Nigeria.
All the major power and political positions have been earmarked for Northerners (except for Saraki's).
Now the bulk majority of funds for capital projects have been also earmarked for Northerners.
This same president wanted to enshrine into law a Grazing Bill that will allow cattle rearing nomads legal rights to Trespass on other peoples land wherever it may be in Nigeria.
This same president spent the first months of his presidency travelling all over the world yet he is still to set foot in the South of Nigeria.
This same president for months after his election was still to form a cabinet when he eventually did not one good policy decision has been made.
This same president gave direct orders to override court decisions . Gave direct orders to override CBN and is directly responsible for the forex debacle as policy makers where afraid of doing their jobs due to bullying by him and his cronies based on their dinasour Naira ideology.
Bola Tinubu and some elements in Nigeria should go and hide their heads in shame. History will judge you all. They allowed hatred,wickedness,tribalism and personal interest to cloud their minds by allowing a man Buhari who clearly had no idea or plans to become president of Nigeria. Bola Tinubu and his supporters have rolled back many years of progress in this country and taken us far far back. The commonality in Nigeria today,is Hunger,Poverty and Hatred. May the almighty judge Bola Tinubu and his followers for what they have brought upon Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by ba7man(m): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2016
PASCHAL28:
I saw this post in Build up Nigeria with this statement.Some were thanking channels televison.The distribution of capital projects in the 2016 budget mirrors President Muhammadu Buhari's electoral victory of 2015. I actually thought he was joking about the 97%-5%, but hey, you can't argue with facts. Thank you Channels Television for this expose, but i disagree with these statements. there is no fact in what is presented here.
i have seen this post during budget presentation before. you do not need to blame buhari here. i have said it time without number,our senators from south east needed to be recalled. they do not know what they want there to do. they are frustrating this government not to make in road to south east. i have evidences. for example,Buhari included 2 Niger bridge in 2016 budget. he included enugu-onitsha road,enugu-port harcourt road. but do you know that our senators were there, the budget provisions for these projects were slashed and some even removed,none of them uttered a word. if not that buhari insisted that his original budget be returned. these figures you see here will be very low. also, on the issue of amount, we have 5 states to compare others with 6 states. this year,we have a better share to compare what was given to us in 2013,2014,2015 and 2016 budget. i am not defending buhari. i am not his spokesman. but as a player in this field,i know what i am saying. In 2013, bayelsa state has only 8 Local Govts. do you know how much they got. what was given to bayelsa state as a state is more than what was given to south east as a zone.
Also, you have to look at the projects the govt wants to execute. in the south east, we have 2nd Niger bridge,enugu-port harcourt road,enugu-onitsha road,nnewi-okigwe road,aba-itua-calabar road and the completion of dualization of owerri-port harcourt road. these are the projects they have for us in 2016 budget. most of these zones you see,it is only south east that has no rail project. the north central you see is the middle belt and they central to all parts of nigeria.most of the roads there needed to be completed so that people travelling to other parts of nigeria will have access to good roads and that is where saraki comes from. it is not buhari zone. and most of these projects were not new projects. what these government wanted to do is put in money and complete them before moving into new projects. download the budget from budget office website and see. look at that Kaduna-abuja railproject. it was not built by Buhari. but he made sure it is completed and put to use. look at enugu-onitsha road,they have done 30% work there. buhari voted 5billion for it to be completed. look at 2nd Niger bridge,there was no money for the project,but buhari voted 13 billion for it.
Also did north central gave buahri his highest vote in 2015 election,the answer is no. it is northwest and north east. even what buhari got in south east is more than south south. so there is no basis for this article. my people are not well informed. What we want as a group is that let the ones appropriated be completed and new ones set up. also in considering new projects, we want Mr President to look at the possibilities of giving us railway from aba-onitsha and from onitsha to abakiliki. Thank you all
Crap.

There are northern states that are almost as big as the whole Southeast .

Even Oyo State is as big as 3 Southeast states combined.

Bigotry on tap destroys analytical thinking. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
Sensational Journalism.. Half truths and selective information.....
Look at the size af Nigeria and determine for yourself how many Km of road will stretch from one end of each region to the other..

Meanwhile, Channels forgot to add 2016 NDDC budget to SS Capital project..... Of course, this is outside the 13% derivation that most SS states receive as Oil producing region... Our journalists should be properly educated in terms of the implication of sensational journalism, knowing the level of education and temperament of the Nigeria populace...
When emotional wreck like Reno Omokri are having their usual breakdowns due to the loss of their ATM in Aso Rock, reasonable Nigerians should be exposed to adequate information..

N’Assembly Passes NDDC Budget
June 24, 2016

The National Assembly on Thursday passed N241.1 billion as the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) 2016 budget.
In the Senate, the budget was following the adoption of the report of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta presented by its chairman, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi.

In passing the budget, the Senate reduced the initial budget of N260 billion earlier presented by President Muhammadu Buhari to N241.1 billion, thus implying a total of N18.950 billion reduction.

The breakdown of the budget includes N212.2 billion for development projects; N1.3 billion as internal capital expenditure; N9.980 billion overhead expenditure and N17.560 billion personnel expenditure. Meanwhile, the Senate yesterday embarked on a three-week Sallah break and consequently adjourned plenary to July 12.

In the House of Representatives, the budget was approved by the lawmakers following adoption of the report of the Committee on NDDC, headed by Hon. Nicholas Mutu.

Ahead of its consideration by the lawmakers, the Chairman of the Committee, Mutu, and the Minority Leader of the House, Hon. Leo Ogor, were observed going round the chambers talking with some of the members of the committee.

Mutu had been accused by some of the members, at the budget hearing last Tuesday, of influencing the citing of more than half of the NDDC’s projects, to Bomadi/Patani constituency, and that of Ogor’s Isoko federal constituency .
The members, including Hon. Solomon Ahwinahwi (Delta PDP), had insisted that the budget would not be passed for its lopsidedness.

The acting Managing Director of the NDDC, Mrs. Ibim Semenetari, had however explained to the aggrieved lawmakers that most of the projects were still ongoing from the time of the last administration.
At plenary, Ogor held tete-a-tete with Ahwinahwi and Hon. Daniel Reyeneiju (Delta PDP) while Mutu sat nearby in what seemed likely to be attempt to placate the lawmakers.
Despite their insistence that the budget would not be passed, the lawmakers did not raise any objection to the adoption of the report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by MightyThor(m): 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
By my calculations SE got roughly 7%, which is an improvement from the afore mention 5%. Guess the extra 2% is because of the forth coming Muslim holiday. The president was feeling magnanimous.

1 Like

Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by kingivie: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
Na wa o see oppression. Even southwest sef wen support dis COW. I cry fr d south south.
Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by Nasa28(m): 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
ba7man:
You just couldn't resist attaching SE to the SS sha.

Oya........ remove the SE sharply!!!

Also remember that Oyo State alone is as big as 3 SE states combined, not to mention those humongous northern states.

I'm sure once you analyze its from the landmass/ population/project allocation perspective, you'll find out its fair.

Let's find out those that can't process info correctly here.

Why talk off point. He said the oil of ss and SE is the reason for the budget in the first place and u started talking about landmass.

So budget is now based on landmass?? so the budget is for the land and not the people living it ??

Take a look at the 2006 census u will understand .....even though the Easterners boycotted the said census .

so try and receive sense
Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by Nasa28(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
hope the southwesterners are comfortable with it.....I laugh in Korea
Re: Distribution Of Capital Project In The 2016 Budget by Nasa28(m): 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
ba7man:
Crap.
There are northern states that are almost as big as the whole Southeast .
Even Oyo State is as big as 3 Southeast states combined.
Bigotry on tap destroys analytical thinking. angry

bigger in terms of landmass or population??
noting that south Easterners boycotted the said 2006 census

(1) (Reply)

The Averted War In Edo / Apc Is Winning In Edo South / Trending!!! The Thief Known As Buhari Of The Zoo Called Nigeria. Big Shame!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.