Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi (22081 Views)

Biafra ‘Ministers’: DSS Puts Soludo, Utomi, Jerry Gana, Labaran Maku Under Watch / Biafra: Zionists Form Interim Government, Utomi, Nwodo, Soludo, Gana Make List / "Go Contest For Councillorship", Uduaghan To Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by hUmaneOne: 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
Foolish folks be asking who Prof Pat Utomi is.

He is one of the very few who could possibly turn our economy around , as president or minister of finance

2 Likes

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by bbent2: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
who is this one
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wailers won't see anything right about what this great Economist said. It's not their fault, choose your leader, then I know who you are. Their hero is the most corrupt, clueless and myopic president ever in Nigeria's history. So, what do you expect from the mumu followers? A leader that plunged the nation to the present state. Who failed to save during the oil boom period.I pity the wailers a lot!
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by sukkot: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
Johnnyessence:
Now is a blessing if it was during Gej it w ould have been cluelessness.
during GEJ time it was cluelessness and thievery. oil was like 140 per barrel. during buharis time it is a blessing because oil is like 30 a barrel, meaning everyone has to return to the farm or go to polytechnic to get skills not degrees. the days of degrees is over

many of you are jobless not because there are no jobs, its because you have degrees instead of skills. there are many jobs out there but many of you have failed to adjust to the changing climate. you still walk around with bsc and masters which people use to wipe yansh these days and think that is job guarantee

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Deen77: 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
NairaMaster1:
OK, for those blaming GEJ the prof said GEJ put Nigeria on the right path.

Yes, but PDP got 16 years to have diversify if not fully but busy building mansion and buying private jet.

1 Like

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by kings09(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
Johnnyessence:
Mr UTOMI has made his assumption known. In summary, he assumed that the hardship of today is the blessing of tomorrow. Pls lets be diplomatic in our comment and avoid derogatory remarks.
Pls go n tel a hungry man to be diplomatic n com give us ur feedback.
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by kings09(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
Deen77:

Yes, but PDP got 16 years to have diversify if not fully but busy building mansion and buying private jet.
U agreed on d Gej n still blaming him. Hope u r not as confused as buhari

1 Like

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Christardor: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wait a minute,are you refering to me?
kaeforum:

This man hasnt benefited anything from this govt nor the previous one.
He can technically be called a wailer or hater. cool
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by cstr15: 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
Economic recession is a blessing under which govt? Here we have a govt that budgeted far more for propaganda than agriculture.
A dollar racketeering regime still busy looking for more crude oil reserves in the arid north.
The companies that should lead the way for diversification are fleeing in droves. Where then is the diversification coming from?
I can't remember the last time Nigeria got any major foreign investment. Unless maybe you believe diversification is driven by the FG intervention in business , which we all know is a big fail.
That country has not even started yet. Buhari and his hordes better get books like ''the jewish phenomenon'' and the ''the Chinese revolution'' and educate themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by justmenoni: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2016
as usual: GRAMMAR, GRAMMAR, GRAMMAR....i beg who sabi where i fit buy roasted snake and hey don't suggest asking lala i beg cos he hates snake more than grin grin grin grin
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by crown08(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
Standing5:
If not oil price slump who would av known what was happening in Osun state?
Who would have known about the plight of exporters who were being shortchanged with govt interference in dollar rate.
Who?
Thank God for recession. Thank God for Buhari as President to help manage it also.
another clueless vagabond
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by crown08(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
Anytarn:
Wailers won't see anything right about what this great Economist said. It's not their fault, choose your leader, then I know who you are. Their hero is the most corrupt, clueless and myopic president ever in Nigeria's history. So, what do you expect from the mumu followers? A leader that plunged the nation to the present state. Who failed to save during the oil boom period.I pity the wailers a lot!
i dont blame you. come to the streets and say dis trash
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Charlico2(m): 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
GEJ and his men where openly stealing without limit unlike today.
Johnnyessence:
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
Johnnyessence:

its time u ask ursef dd jona bcam naija president on 5%ter votes,,if he was luved by all then y d sudden turn around or perhap we ddnt knw he was frm SS b4 supportin him in yaradua power saga n lata voted him,,face d truth n stop wallowing in bitterness he messed up n nigeria kicked him out,,so wil nigerians kick buhari out if he ends up lik jonathan ....#No hate

2 Likes

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
Keneking:

"So without appearing to scandalise anybody, I actually pray for oil prices to stay down and stay down for a long time. Then, we will come to our senses and we will know that Nigeria really is a rich country." Useless prayer from an APC Prof

Actually, he is right.

Because we export fuel, we end up using the cash to import things which we should be making.

And imported goods cost more than goods made in Nigeria

Which is why we have no jobs, due to the depression of our manufacturing sector by imports flooding the nation, and we lose foreign exchange...because of them imports, and prices go up fueling inflation.

Prof is right. If we can stop relying on oil....we will find the true riches that come from being a manufacturing power.

Or tell me how many barrels of oil China and Japan produce....and where their money comes from vis a vis Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Henrichemeka(m): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
I don't want to sound rude, but sir, we have heard you. How many people have you rendered any financial help to, or giving any support since the said recession sarted. People are dying everyday of hunger, suffering, being impoverished and you are here talking this. Biko ozugo na nke ikuru eku.
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=crown08 post=48927903]i dont blame you. come to the streets and say dis trash[So, you are a street urchin. No wonder you have no foresight to see the good days ahead. For every adversity, there is promotion. Only the wise see ahead.Sorry, dear wailing fool!]
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=crown08 post=48927903]i dont blame you. come to the streets and say dis trash[So, you are a street urchin? No wonder you have no foresight to see the good days ahead. For every adversity, there is promotion. Only the wise see ahead.Sorry, dear wailing fool!]
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by crown08(m): 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=Anytarn post=48929598][/quote]have a great day rusticated zombie.
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=crown08 post=48929737]have a great day rusticated zombie.[Dear wailing urchin! You said I should have great day? Do you have word like great or good in your membrane? I doubt it. You are only familiar with the opposites. Therefore, I salute you with the antonym of 'Great' day]
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Pylony(m): 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
Johnnyessence:
I want to thank, and appreciate the avengers for crumbling our oil sector. For so long our mis-leaders only converge to deliberate on resource sharing and allocation. The blowing up of oil pipe line and installations is now helping to remove scales from their eye's to see that a mono economy is doom.I am happy for this development because it will help the neglected sectors to grow.Believe it or not, Nigeria can survive without oil,and will certainly do better without oil.They should not only blow up the pipe line's, let them blow up the oil wells it's a blessing for the growth of other sectors.we have being waiting for this paradigm shift for a better economy.
Avenger or no Avenger, the sector has already lost its pass glory as the national Milk cow. A barrel of crude is now at about 30dollars some thing that use to sell at 100+
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Greenback: 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
ericsmith:

its time u ask ursef dd jona bcam naija president on 5%ter votes,,if he was luved by all then y d sudden turn around or perhap we ddnt knw he was frm SS b4 supportin him in yaradua power saga n lata voted him,,face d truth n stop wallowing in bitterness he messed up n nigeria kicked him out,,so wil nigerians kick buhari out if he ends up lik jonathan ....#No hate

you voted for doghari and kicked gej out cos u zoogerians were all zombified.
Again,without the 5%,the big4nothing 95% is useless
#no hate
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by mikolo80: 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
jmichlins:
maybe you are one of those with access to subsidised forex who sale at the black market. The issue with nigeria is not crude oil but you the elite that have access to the very best nigeria has to offer.
you d masses, do you not have access to farm or small factory. Abi who hold una
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by KunkeAkinola(m): 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
jmichlins:
maybe you are one of those with access to subsidised forex who sale at the black market. The issue with nigeria is not crude oil but you the elite that have access to the very best nigeria has to offer.

This is actually true, May God permit you to be alive by 2020 and you will that our country would have been a net exporter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by crown08(m): 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=Anytarn post=48929992][/quote]eat shit. reply and get ignored. dont have much time talking to infected brains.
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=crown08 post=48930895]eat shit. reply and get ignored. dont have much time talking to infected brains.[Urchin on the run! Next time, think before you comment. Be not like your clueless leader, GEJ]
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
Greenback:

you voted for doghari and kicked gej out cos u zoogerians were all zombified.
Again,without the 5%,the big4nothing 95% is useless
#no hate

last i check d 5% are d one cryin .,even launched crocodile cry enuf handkachief to go round fr militant n ipob sympathizers ...do yu knw dogs are man best friends cos dey av integrity in there sincerity n loyalty,,i have dogs as pet which makes it seems perfect to av a doghari as a leader ....theirs is difference btw d 5%ters(human) n 5% land ...so which r u refering to as bin useful? n yu kip sayin doghari wat specie naaw ,,pitbull nii abi doberman?
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by crown08(m): 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=Anytarn post=48930977][/quote]i said i won't reply but seeing ur stupidity i just have to....haaa chai! so u tot i am a gej supporter, receive sense i am just a concerned citizen. i support anyone that will mve the country forward nt backward( gej n pmb are same there are no diff. i repeat there are no diff. )
Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by 4wrd9ja: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
Deen77:

The massage is for those that can understand.

My question and question is why are we importing refined petroleum products an essential commodities instead of refining locally. This is consuming our forex if we can't export other commodities most we be importing what we have locally only to refine.
That's the problem with Nigeria insincere elites and gullible followers, they will never say the truth but divert attention because they want to be in the good book of government and help. sustain them in power. low oil price is not the problem ,importation of refined products is the problem, your earnings is low and you are filtering the little you earn on unnecessary importation,which a serious government can end through cheer political will,that will have had serious positive multiplier effect on the economy but no they are there always giving excuses

2 Likes

Re: Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=crown08 post=48931469]i said i won't reply but seeing ur stupidity i just have to....haaa chai! so u tot i am a gej supporter, receive sense i am just a concerned citizen. i support anyone that will mve the country forward nt backward( gej n pmb are same there are no diff. i repeat there are no diff. )[You could have resorted to your wish of not replying because that would have saved your dunc'itism'. I see a bit wisdom in your silence than rant! Relax your tip, it's of no use.]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian / I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB / Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.