Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB (22076 Views)

“I Know Where Buhari’s Wealth Is Hidden” – Fayose / AIT Takes Down Online Poll Where Buhari Was Trouncing Jonathan / Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by OmoPastor(m): 9:29am On May 03, 2013
The maiden edition of Mr Sam Nda-Isaiah Lecture Series in Minna, Nigeeri State, brought to the fore the atmosphere of friendship between former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari, and former military president General Ibrahim Babangida as the latter conceded the chairmanship of the occasion to Buhari.

Babangida was reluctant to speak at the occasion as the chairman, but when pressed upon, got up and stated that he could not be chairman in an occasion where Buhari was present.

“I can’t be a chairman at this occasion when General Buhari is here, and this is for two reasons: one he was 5 and I was 6, and those of you in the military understand what I mean; in other words he is my senior. Secondly, he was the head of state before me, so it is my pleasure and honour to formally invite General Muhammadu Buhari to declare this conference open,” IBB said, conceding the chairmanship to Buhari.

Buhari who got up to accept the offer said in the same hilarious mood: “I think that who is a Maradona is always a Maradona; it is very clear to me that General Babangida is the chairman, but since I came in here, he said to me he wouldn’t be the chairman because I was his senior and in the military, things are considered in terms of seniority”.

He, however, added that Babangida, refused to hand over his prepared speech for the occasion.

Buhari congratulated the Mr Nda Isaiah, chairman of Chairman LEADERSHIP Group, for the honour done him by the youths, saying that he deserved it due to his courage and consistency.

According to Buhari, Sam Nda-Isaiah has contributed so much to make sure that truth is told for the best interest of the nation because he has always put government and people in authority in check.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by baynix(m): 10:00am On May 03, 2013
I Don Port Ooooo!! cheesy cheesy

From PD-Pigs To APC!! grin grin

15 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by sakaguchi(m): 10:26am On May 03, 2013
Clueless old thieves and coupists

12 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by nduchucks: 10:58am On May 03, 2013
Hate them or love them, these men were gracious on this occasion.

14 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by kokoA(m): 11:12am On May 03, 2013
ndu_chucks: Hate them or love them, these men were gracious on this occasion.
and their contributions to the unity of this country (both positive and negative) can never be in doubt.

10 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by Onyiclassic(f): 11:14am On May 03, 2013
intrestn
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by prosper606(m): 11:15am On May 03, 2013
Na una sabi....Next Topic grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by badoist(m): 11:15am On May 03, 2013
but im fit be messanger, jokes apart, dats a sign of humility and respect if 2 say na oga joe....
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by maclatunji: 11:15am On May 03, 2013
Hahaha, very funny.
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by kponkedenge(m): 11:18am On May 03, 2013
I dreamt last nite n d military were back. I wuld become a poppular prophet if dis dream coms 2 pass. Baba God pls help me o hunga don almost kill me 4 here. Me sef I wan buy private jet.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by ZACHIE: 11:19am On May 03, 2013
I see.
Why has Buhari not conceded same seniority ranking to Obj?

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by superior1: 11:20am On May 03, 2013
Jona Jona Jona, how many times did i call you , you don dey see the handwriting or are you too dull to see the shameful future that awaits you . He that has ears.....

9 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by DJDOLA(m): 11:21am On May 03, 2013
Ok..but u guys should leave politic alone and find another things 2 do abi d money u guys get no do
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by spacebus: 11:21am On May 03, 2013
shege maradona...the cat with 9 lives grin
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by RickyRoss1(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2013
Bunch of clowns. In sane lands these 2 criminals will be jail, but in Nigeria they are hailed and praised because we are stupid and dumbbb. We keep praying for God to change our leaders, while as the power is in our hands to keep these foools where they belong.

One street guy was given 24 year jail term this week for stealing a governors phone. Tell me why IBB should not spend the rest of his life in jail?

20 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by BlackPeni5: 11:24am On May 03, 2013
There's respect even among thieves.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by Inik(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2013
Who cares?
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by makaveli1(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2013
Just look at this two people... Millitary minded folks displaying their stereotype and yet he [Buhari] wants to rule nigeria with his millitary inclinations. Buhari is not the ideal man for APC come 2015... "once a maradona always a Maradona" well let me not state the obvious Lol. am an apc fan nonetheless : )
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2013
Whoa
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by kokoA(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Bunch of clowns. In sane lands these 2 criminals will be jail, but in Nigeria they are hailed and praised because we are stupid and dumbbb. We keep praying for God to change our leaders, while as the power is in our hands to keep these foools where they belong.

One street guy was given 24 year jail term this week for stealing a governors phone. Tell me why IBB should not spend the rest of his life in jail?
bros why you dey vex? We shouldn't laugh at their jokes because they are suppose to be in jail? Me I no understand you o.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by AkinDavid2: 11:32am On May 03, 2013
kponke denge: I dreamt last nite n d military were back. I wuld become a poppular prophet if dis dream coms 2 pass. Baba God pls help me o hunga don almost kill me 4 here. Me sef I wan buy private jet.

Wake up even your post was a dream

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by ololo12: 11:32am On May 03, 2013
Fantabulous!
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by buklan4realyah(f): 11:32am On May 03, 2013
na dem sabi......... undecided if dem like do or no do
na for der pocket dem dey fight for.

Awon Oloriburuki gbogbo.
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by nagoma(m): 11:32am On May 03, 2013
ZACHIE: I see.
Why has Buhari not conceded same seniority ranking to Obj?

He has always done that. You must be absent or absent minded.

5 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by Nobody: 11:34am On May 03, 2013
kokoA: and their contributions to the unity of this country (both positive and negative) can never be in doubt.
ITS CLEAR YA NYANSH AND MOUTH JUST TRADED PLACES.CONGRATS!

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by Nobody: 11:34am On May 03, 2013
these two sure know what is on the mind of the other! how groundbreaking it would be If only we knew whats on these abokis' minds..
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by Airforce1(m): 11:38am On May 03, 2013
grin grin grin clowns grin grin. General general did lotsa bad things while in office but I still got mad love and respect for him grin
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by Nobody: 11:44am On May 03, 2013
Airforce1: grin grin grin clowns grin grin. General general did lotsa bad things while in office but I still got mad love and respect for him grin
Who gives a shiit if u damm got some lov for'em,u could as well damm sniff n kiss their bloody arrses n feel gud!

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by Nobody: 11:44am On May 03, 2013
Coup plotters embracing each other. Na dem dem joor. Hell candidates
Re: I Can’t Be Chairman Where Buhari Is Present – IBB by Alhasan1(m): 11:44am On May 03, 2013
Although General Buhari was born in 1942, Babangida 1941 still they don't dwell on offence anymore. Can u see that age is sometimes neglected on ad hoc basis? Babangida jailed Buhari his boss and Buhari jailed Shagari. Both of them are now trying to make cordial relationship again. Babangida, it is good because he has been to jail before u. Who is the next?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Grazing Routes: FG Driving Nigeria To Anarchy - Gani Adams / 2023: Presidency Not For Tinubu's Type - Senator Adeyeye / Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.