Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Federal And State Building Permit War In Owerri - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Federal And State Building Permit War In Owerri (1067 Views)

Get Your Building Approval Drawing/building Permit In Enugu In Tow Months / Building Permit Is A Must, LASG Tells Developers / Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) Whistle Blowing Approach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Federal And State Building Permit War In Owerri by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
I am seriously fuming and in need of the best piece of advice on the course of best action to. I will appreciate if this write up is given the best possible exposure in order to get as much advice as possible.

I have a building under construction at a Federal allocation area in New Owerri. I have made every necessary payment as regards the building permit including title processing fee, survey/ electrical/ structural fee, ground rate, etc. All these fees were paid electronically into the coffers of the Federal government.

However, last week, the Owerri Capital Development Authority (OCDA) surfaced at the construction site catering away the workers' work tools. I went to the Federal Secretariat at Owerri to lay my complaints. I was told that the OCDA has no jurisdiction whatsoever since the land is from Federal Allocation. Just this morning, the OCDA came and cartered away the workers' tools again. I am just coming from the OCDA office to meet their director, one Mr. Amadi who threatened to level down a building that is almost at completion. He says that the governor, Rochas Okorocha directed them to collect fees claiming that the Federal cannot supercede in a state.

What line of action can I take since the Federal Ministry of Lands in Owerri said they have been receiving this kind of complaints and as such there is confusion ever since this supposed directive from the state governor?
Re: Federal And State Building Permit War In Owerri by eazyway212: 6:53pm On May 31, 2017
For your soil tests, contact me, Engr. Ezekiel @ 08060244464. We deliver all soil tests

(1) (Reply)

How To Tackle Quacks In Real Estate / 4 Bedroom Duplex At Pinnock Estate Jakande Lekki / Building Material's Price Updated (latest Market Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.